PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite M2TW faction?

TosaInu
02-01-2007, 21:13
What's your favourite faction in MP? Please give reasons.

YellowMelon
02-01-2007, 21:30
Scotland is my favourite faction, though they can be easily beaten by a skirmish based army. They have cheap pikes that perform way better than their stats, very fast border horse, and mailed/feudal knights to combat the opponents strong cav. Also, they have highland noble archers that have reasonable melee stats as well as an axe secondary effective against armor, so when the battle is looking close you can send them in and it can save the day.

pevergreen
02-02-2007, 00:21
HRE. Dismounted Knights. That is all :bow:

HRE have crossbowmen, nice knights, armour sarges..they have everything!

RTKBarrett
02-02-2007, 17:56
Russia, still highly undrerated... sooner or later ppl will realise they are more flexible than what they give them credit for :beam:

Paolai
02-02-2007, 18:11
on high France for their strong HA and cheap pikes.

Stig
02-02-2007, 18:41
Spain on low money

Tercio Pikemen, Arquibusiers, Swords Militia and Gendarmes

The Foolish Horseman
02-02-2007, 19:21
Scotland is my favourite faction, though they can be easily beaten by a skirmish based army. They have cheap pikes that perform way better than their stats, very fast border horse, and mailed/feudal knights to combat the opponents strong cav. Also, they have highland noble archers that have reasonable melee stats as well as an axe secondary effective against armor, so when the battle is looking close you can send them in and it can save the day.

Yeh, pretty much what i would have said...but i have always had a soft spot for the scottish armies. In VI i would mostly always play with Scotland or the Picts.

Fenix7
02-04-2007, 11:32
Byzantines are very good for 1v1. Poland is strong faction for 1v1 too. Egypt is excellent choise for team matches as well for 1v1. Becaus this factions doesn't have good xbows or any at all, you have to set them up for a rush (''only'' max 8 or 12 cav units). How you set them up depends from faction to faction.

They are playable as well with rules such as 7 max cav limit or similar but in that case I would use Scotland, French or Spain.

Cerxes
02-11-2007, 08:13
HRE for one reason: Reiters...

Callahan9119
02-11-2007, 08:50
scotland, pikes on high era and i can normally get 20 units

and highland nobles beat most other 2 handed infantry

Jonathan_Thompson
02-17-2007, 00:12
Portugal, Aventuros are some of the best pikemen in the game and Portugese arbequisers outclass musketeers in everything except range

ArneHD
02-17-2007, 12:54
Turks, exellent Horse Archers and Naffatun. Naffatun don't do very well on their own, but they can wreak havoc against an enemy that is already fighting. I won a Turks vs. Mongols early era battle that way.

IrishArmenian
03-15-2007, 19:43
Russia, still highly undrerated... sooner or later ppl will realise they are more flexible than what they give them credit for :beam:
Same with me. Has mobility and power. The most flexible faction in the whole game and in my opinion the best.
Heavy Infantry: Berdiche Axemen, Dismounted Druzinha/Dismounted Boyar Sons all have the Armour Piercing trait.
Light Infantry: Woodsmen also have the armour piercing trait which can level the playing field against better armoured foes. A low armour rating is nullified by an attack of 13, and this unit is available from the early era!
Skirmishers: Dismounted Dvor. They can double as infantry to a degree. The 10 missile attack and 10 melee is an extreme value to any commander, no matter what the tactics or playing style. Cossack Musketeers are a force to be reckoned with. After destroying many enemy units before exhausting all ammunition, they can defeat the pathetic, demoralised survivors with their swords.
Cavalry Skirmishers: Dvor are excellent, with the ability to defeat lighter opponents in a fray or to pepper heavier enemies with arrows before destroying them in close combat. Kazaks are the basic horse archers, but Cossack Cavalry truly shine, they are incredibly mobile, always able to stay out of battles. Boyar Sons are a little weak, but javelins are always effective and they have axes for armour piercing.
Heavy Cavalry: The one place the Rus are really lacking in, Druzinha is the only unit one can recruit in this category and the Tsar's Guard is quite effective, but expensive and only available in the Late Era.
The Rus' excel in skirmishers, but remember that many of the Russian skirmishers can also hold their own in close combat as well.

Gawain of Orkeny
03-18-2007, 00:52
Turks, Tims and Byz. All good archers and dual units plus lotsa HA and fast cav.

Incongruous
03-18-2007, 09:11
HRE: Rieters

Lorenzo_H
03-18-2007, 15:58
Spain, because they rule allround. And plus, Jinettes! The best cavalry easily of the entire game. Nice Musketeers, solid Heavy Infantry, Pikes, Heavy Cavalry, got Conquistadors and have the best starting location ever.

Callahan9119
03-25-2007, 07:38
lol everyone loves scots, will change when shield bug is fixed :laugh4:

Chaos Cornelius lucius
03-27-2007, 06:55
Turks for me, lots of good archers, good HA and best of all Alan cavalry. Got good units in late game, but damn are they expensive:thumbsdown:

SoxSexSax
03-27-2007, 20:21
Poland, because I'm immature and refer to Polish Cavalry as Polish Cavalry.

(That's Polish as in furniture polish, by the way)

Chaos Cornelius lucius
03-27-2007, 21:29
They do look all bright and shiny when you turn the graphics up don't they
:laugh4:

Jochi Khan
03-29-2007, 16:30
There seems to be FOUR Factions missing from the poll. :book:

Where are the...

Papal States
Aztecs
Mongols
Timurids

We need a complete poll for all players to be given a choice to vote. :yes:

Sun of Chersonesos
04-10-2007, 21:20
Russia, highly underrated and hold a variety of mobile cavalry and good infantry like dismounted Boyar Sons and although expensive you can surprisingly afford them with other stuff too.

Colossus
04-11-2007, 23:36
Milan, because of so many bugs, they have the best cav.

Scotland are also good, as they can afford stacks of pikes, plus 8 heavy cav, and because of another game crippling bug, their rubbish cav beat heavy cav.

Demok
04-12-2007, 06:13
:daisy:

Sun of Chersonesos
04-12-2007, 09:37

good heavens.

Colossus
04-12-2007, 11:07

LMAO, Go Demok!!! :furious3:

Colossus
04-12-2007, 11:18
Forgot to say, I agree completely, HRE are almost as much of a joke as GS is, and thats saying something.

Hosakawa Tito
04-12-2007, 12:19

LMAO, Go Demok!!! :furious3:

He's gone.~:wave:

Colossus
04-12-2007, 15:17
I noticed.

Sun of Chersonesos
04-12-2007, 17:50
He could have been a bit more civil than that in my opinion, no offense to Demok.

Erik Bloodaxe
04-12-2007, 20:16
Shame I can't vote twice:sweatdrop:

Turks and Byzantine Empire no doubt! Love horse archers and soldiers with both sword, shield and a bow:yes:

Demok
04-17-2007, 05:48

Zim
04-29-2007, 08:37
I really like the Russian units, and agree with those that say they're underrated. Is it ok fo rme to vote, I play mostly SP. :sweatdrop: