PDA

View Full Version : New and best army EVER

-Silent-Someguy
02-03-2007, 10:12
Its obvious from looking at the pike army and box of doom threads that u guys need all the help you can get. So here is a little secret ive been sitting on. Take 20 Camel muskets with 3v w 1a. It totally owns, im telling you.

pevergreen
02-03-2007, 12:15
With incredibly high cost, sure.

4 Unit cap comes slightly into effect here.

Sorry to say this, but I am taking a dislike to you. In my eyes, you have yet to post anything constructive.

Your first topic I read payed out the org.

Here you pay out respected members strategy's with an army thats:

1) Cheesy
2) Unsportmanslike
3) Involves no skill/thinking
4) Would require a very large amount of money, and not many people would play with that high money.

:bow:

-Silent-Someotherguy
02-03-2007, 12:24
:daisy:

pevergreen
02-03-2007, 12:37
Have you just made a new account?
Insulting members isnt usually a good idea. For anyone to do.

I remember sapi telling us to drop it. Please adhere to that.

Also i remember reading in the CDTC thread that multiple accounts per person are not allowed (unconfirmed .org rule)

-Silent-Someotherguy
02-03-2007, 12:43

But oh noez, they mightz banz me and thenz i wontz be ablez to readz da postz about how goodz stake boxes arez!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back the .NET IMO. This place is a joke.

Stig
02-03-2007, 12:43
*reports posts as Tosa said*

sapi
02-03-2007, 12:49
This discussion does not need to continue.

Ser Clegane
02-03-2007, 13:48
This place is a joke.

Then perhaps you might not want to bother wasting your time here?

pike master
02-03-2007, 14:40
camels haha that will do it i just never messed with muslim factions much.camels would definetly take the sting out of cavalry. who said there was a 4 unit cap. theres a 4 unit penalty i dont recall a 4 unit cap in ccs.

pevergreen
02-03-2007, 14:48
it gets more expensive.

Having 20 of the same unit...i dont even want to think about the cost when combined with 3 val and a wep upgrades.

RTKBarrett
02-03-2007, 17:35
Once again, you fail to understand sarcasm and make a complete fool of yourself, grats on that. It takes real skill to be that stupid.

P.S I dont care whether you like me, you are a nobody and I couldn't care less.

And apparently skill to lose with an all cav army...
Why must u keep coming here with nothing constructive? u obviously dnt like the .org mate so mayb start taking a likening to other places :egypt:

YellowMelon
02-03-2007, 20:01
But the pretty flowers are appealing.

pike master
02-03-2007, 22:45
i dont think camels will work well because they will lose charge bonus by being slower.

pevergreen
02-03-2007, 23:49
Camels are slower?

I havent played with camels yet, so I dont know.

YellowMelon
02-04-2007, 06:53
Guys...he was joking...camel gunners would be unfeasable...

-Silent-Someguy
02-04-2007, 09:06

sapi
02-04-2007, 09:17
If I made a comment here, it would likely be completely unproductive, so i'll keep to this.

The fact that your post was sarcastic doesn't suddenly make it a worthwhile contribution to this fourm.

Again and again you flame this forum and its members, and yet you're still here. Why? If you've got better things to do, wouldn't you be well advised to go do them?

-Silent-Someguy
02-04-2007, 09:47

sapi
02-04-2007, 09:52
No one in this thread has done anything but point out the flaws in your proposal.

While you may not agree with some of the armies that other members have posted up, at least they have the potential to be used in a real game, unlike this one.

Also - watch your language ;)

pevergreen
02-04-2007, 10:23
:furious:

Who wields the ban stick around here?
Some of these -Silent- guys are asking for it. Doing nothing but paying out the org.

`-Silent-FireBlade
02-04-2007, 10:40
TosaInu: Don't play the racist card. All I see are posts that contains bad language, insults and total lack of basic respect.

pevergreen
02-04-2007, 10:44
After that post, I get the feeling they are all the same person.
Requesting an IP check on all the -Silent- members
thats the simplist way to put it.

`-Silent-FireBlade
02-04-2007, 10:52

pevergreen
02-04-2007, 10:55
Edited by myself upon request.

KrooK
02-04-2007, 11:16
ok someguy and you tell me how can i do that with 10k :)

x-dANGEr
02-04-2007, 11:18
*yawn*

-Silent-Someotherguy
02-04-2007, 11:23

:daisy: This tactic has as much merit as the stake box or pike box tactics, and is no less lame.

No one in this thread has done anything but point out the flaws in your proposal.

And thats exactly what we where doing in the other threads yet we get warned/called out for telling them how bad it is. This army has plenty of potential for real games, i play 1 million florin games all the time.

Its as Zeph said, you want a discussion about strats, yet when anybody disagrees with you, all of a sudden they are "making trouble" and you dont want to hear it.

sapi
02-04-2007, 11:31
/sighs

Your posts were edited for a reason; bringing the issue back up doesn't help anything.

Also, you'll find that people pay more attention to you if you write in proper english.

RTKBarrett
02-04-2007, 12:00
*Waves bye bye to lunars participation on these forums* :laugh4:

LuNaR
02-04-2007, 13:52
Who are you barret?

LuNaR
02-04-2007, 14:30
English isnt even my first language and I speak it better than you sapi, so lay off the immature comments about my use of netspeak in posts, my life doesn't revolve around this forum like yours.

RTKBarrett
02-04-2007, 14:58
English isnt even my first language and I speak it better than you sapi, so lay off the immature comments about my use of netspeak in posts, my life doesn't revolve around this forum like yours.

Then u can go away and leave us to try and make something out of these forums? :beam:

LuNaR
02-04-2007, 15:00
Nope, I know I annoy you know and so I will keep posting here.

You still didnt answer my question.

Stig
02-04-2007, 15:10
Then u can go away and leave us to try and make something out of these forums? :beam:
no need to, all you need to do is reporting posts :bounce:

pike master
02-04-2007, 19:10
im not surprised. the last action that was taken only when i started defending our commander in chief.

shame shame to get political but its okay to troll and use foul terms on the forum. gets you wondering doesnt it?

TosaInu
02-04-2007, 19:38
shame shame to get political but its okay to troll and use foul terms on the forum.

It's not okay.

Callahan9119
02-04-2007, 19:55
i hear whispers you need a minimum 3 units of peasants to make someguys tactic work, these units supply invaluable bonus to the camels, and serve as cheerleaders while not engaged in combat

if you tried it and it didnt work, he is keeping this trade secret to himeself!:listen:

pike master
02-05-2007, 00:25
i will test the camel versus light cav and see if cav beats camels. since a one sword upgrade on hobilar will beat most heavy cav maybe it will work against camels. the trick being the faster unit usually gets the charge bonus. but if a camel unit is sent in to an ongoing cav melee than the effects would definetly be more of what one would expect of camels.

even with high valor some units are over aware of the situation around them and if they see they are being outnumbered or freindly units routing they go through a fear check.

but units like forlorn hope become oblivious to the situation around them. i would classify camels as being like the former even if you upgrade their morale they are easily unsettled by local reverses.

however i know of one man who has developed a combined arms force using camels that may actually be a cav destroying army.

Dionysus9
02-05-2007, 21:39
Actually y'all are encouraging him by responding to his posts. Seems like everyone enjoys the joke as much as him.

:thumbsdown:

Edit:

Of course Mad Cat is able to turn this around into something constructive.
:thumbsup:

Nem
02-06-2007, 01:11
Hey Bachus,

Long time no speak M8, you still trying to stop the :furious3: I see.

Good on you fella

Sorry :focus:

RtkBedivere
02-06-2007, 03:52
As for camel tactics, camels are always best used in moderations as they kinda suck at fighting and lose the versatiitly of cav with their speed. You take one or two to strenthen your forces and to lower moral of other cav. You always engage them after a cav charge so they dont lose to many. SA know that.

As for this thread. Its a joke. Plain and simple it was a joke. Take it like or ignore it. Mabey report it if you dont like it. Flaming back doesnt help anybody...

Dionysus9
02-06-2007, 05:10
Hi Nem-- great to see you. You should stop by Hunter castle and say "hi" to the guys... bunch of us geriatrics have crashed there.

I took the post as as a joke, but actually it could also be seen as a lesson. I think the poster knew what response he would get...and boy did he get it. Should be a lesson to those with quick triggers. Silence is often the better part of valor, no pun intended. :oops:

As for camels-- I noticed in a game the otehr night that the gunners have a pretty good range and can shoot pretty well "on the fly" (while moving). They aren't as brutal missile units as Reiters but the combined morale effect of gunpowder + camel stink on cav could sure add up.

Do camels have an "area of effect" on cav? Or do they have to be actively engaged against cav to cause morale penalties?

pevergreen
02-06-2007, 08:08
Fairly sure its area. Im 90% sure it was area in RTW.

Anyone confirm either way?

RTKBarrett
02-06-2007, 16:56
Fairly sure its area. Im 90% sure it was area in RTW.

Anyone confirm either way?

Area effect, causes -2 morale to nearby enemy cav...

Dionysus9
02-06-2007, 21:13
Ok, thanks. Another related question-- is the effect cumulative? Is there a cap?

I mean-- if I have 2 camel units in the area is it -4 morale to cav? What about 10 camel units?

If I had the time I could test this, but since I don't I have to rely on handouts. Thanks for the info Barrett.

pevergreen
02-07-2007, 05:04
It shouldnt be, otherwise take 8-10 camels,

Insta-rout!

Would be fun though. More fun than watching Elmo rout.

Paolai
02-07-2007, 10:13
is the effect cumulative?

No. As far as I know just different "malus" are comulative.

RTKBarrett
02-07-2007, 17:14
Ok, thanks. Another related question-- is the effect cumulative? Is there a cap?

I mean-- if I have 2 camel units in the area is it -4 morale to cav? What about 10 camel units?

If I had the time I could test this, but since I don't I have to rely on handouts. Thanks for the info Barrett.

What Paolai said is right :egypt:

Lavos
02-09-2007, 19:09
Wait, didn't in mtw camels had bonus against horses, just like spears?

Grey_Fox
02-10-2007, 01:17
Yup.

ElmarkOFear
02-10-2007, 10:20
Pevergreen: Nothing is more fun than watching Elmo rout! :)

pevergreen
02-10-2007, 14:58
Bah! Its true!

-Silent-Pariya
02-14-2007, 13:04
This threads still going?

And i thought you hated us.

BTW this camel musket army is truly l33t. Adjust it and dont get 20 but just as many as you can afford along with peasants. There is a bug where if you get a number of peasant units exceeding your number of none peasant units your peasants stats quadriple. Now get out that and throw this army in the mix with your other pro combos like the stakebox.

Carl
02-19-2007, 22:57
A few quick camel related stats for everyone:

Lets use Tuareg Camel Spearmen as the example, with Chivalric Knights as the opponnent.

Basic Stats:

Camels: 11/10

Knights: 14/17

However, Knights suffer a -4 penalty against camels, and camels get a +2 bounus vs. horses, so the figures are now:

Camel: 13/10

Knights: 10/17

A much closer matchup. Add in the supposed negetive Morale penalties and posible terrain benefits and it's not impossibbile for them to beat the Knights.

Camel Gunners are only 8/6, but thats still good enought to challange most forms of light cav.

Also, their guns have a range of 180, (the same as muskets), and they have a fixed accurracy value, which probably means they don't suffer any penalties for firing on the move. The reality is nothing fast enough to catch them will be able to do so before they shoot a large portion of the enemy unit up, and once they do catch them the combination of being outnumbered and all the benefits the Gunners get should see off the enemy, add in a few Camel Spearmen for extra Melee backup and it's all over bar he shouting.

On the other hand, 20 Camel gunners is FAR too expensive to be workable, but 4 camel gunners and 4 camel spearmen in combination with other units gives you a hell of a lot of cav killing capability, plus plenty of charging ability if it comes down to it.