PDA

View Full Version : Advice on taking pics

Xtiaan72
02-03-2007, 14:55
I want to start an AAR and post it here but I want some advice on the best way to take multiple in game pictures first. I would also be greatful for detailed instructions on how to post full size pictures on this site as well. ( is that available for junior members?) Much thanks..

shlin28
02-03-2007, 15:03
Strange... i got less post than u and im a member...

anyway, back to your question:

1. use the Print Screen function to take pictures, this should be saved in:

C:\Program Files\Activision\What Ever Folder You Installed EB IN\tgas

then u need a free software to open the TGA file, downlaod Irfanview, its great.

2. Once u used irfanview to convert the TGA in JPEG or BMP or GIF, u can host it in Imageshack or Photobucket.

Good Luck!

(which faction for the AAR?)

Aenos
02-03-2007, 15:07
If you want it to automaticly take screenshots during a battle I think downloading FRAPS would suit you best. With that programm you only have to press a pre-selected button and it takes screenshots for you every 10 seconds or so.

To post the screenshots you first have to upload them somewhere, imageshack.us is quite useful for it. If upload an image there it showes you a few links, go for the 'hotlink for forums' one and just copy-paste it in your post.

Goodluck with the AAR.

Xtiaan72
02-03-2007, 15:15
Thanks man. I'm just concerned that I'm not going to be able to take more than
one at time. Which will be a pain. How do you recommend posting them on this site? I want to post them in the threads not linked.

I want to do a Casse AAR but in my test campaign I couldn't generate any trade income no matter what I did. Do you know what that is about or does it disappear once you are at war with the rebels?

Aenos
02-03-2007, 15:36
If you follow the code that's listed at 'hotlink for forums' (if you're using imageshack that is) it posts it as a screenshot in the thread (not a link). The code is: insert the exact place where your image is uploaded within that site (insert site from where it's uploaded here)

I think that was it (except for the space between URL] and , I only did that because it's otherwise posted as a link instead of this). Anyway, if you are using imageshack, I've made a circle around the link you should use after you uploaded it there.

[IMG]https://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1664/guidescreeniesvm4.png (https://imageshack.us)

Hmm, the Casse, I think the best way with the Casse is to wait many years whilst building up your tiny economy, and disbanding your fleet/most of your army. Then after you've managed to get a nicely equipped army, I guess about 20-30 years later, you can try and take the rest of Britain. But I never played with them so I wouldn't know about other strategies.

Bava
02-03-2007, 16:00
Hm, does anyone know how to enable the movie cam for some nice close up screenshots on the battlemap?

Oleo
02-03-2007, 17:01
Make a copy of your shortcut and change the targetline into something like this:

"F:\Program Files\Activision\RTW EB\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err -movie_cam

The cam will only work in battle replays (of custom battles)

Bava
02-03-2007, 17:02
Thanks a lot, Oleo!

Mamba
02-03-2007, 20:01
Also, Howie's Quick Screen capture is really easy to use. Saves all screenshots to a folder, so you don't lose them, but it doesn't randomly take pictures unless you want it to, so you don't have 5,000,000 screenshots.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
02-03-2007, 20:47
I want to do a Casse AAR but in my test campaign I couldn't generate any trade income no matter what I did. Do you know what that is about or does it disappear once you are at war with the rebels?
There is a bug concerning the port of Camulodunum (or whatever the Casse-capital is called), so you cannot generate sea trade, even if you have trading rights with the Aedui. Personnally, I lost my one and only Casse-campaign in the year 270 BC because of that fact.

Xtiaan72
02-04-2007, 01:35
Thanks for your help guys. I Probably won't start my AAR till 8.1 comes out. Hopefully they will fix that trade bug