PDA

View Full Version : Any way to mod my files to get mercenaries units of other factions or recruit them?

AntiochosMegas
02-04-2007, 07:12
Is there any way to make recruitable some Factional units as mercenaries or to be recruitable by other factions, basically I think that units like Agrianikoi Pelekeforoi should be recruitable even just as mercenaries for all Hellenistic states, it is also historical accurate, they appeared in battle of Raphia at Seleycid side, and they would be in larger numbers in any Hellenistic army if they get their homeland in Thrace, the same would happen with some other Thracian units like Tribaloi.
Also I have noticed in files that there is a unit of Arab mercenaries but they are not appear in campaign and they are not recruitable(mercenaries) in Gehraia Arabia and the region with the city named Homna(why?).
I hope anyone just know how to make this possible even for mod my own game, thanx in advance:laugh4:

Oleo
02-04-2007, 12:35
In v0.8 it is certainly possible as there is still unit space available.

I'll show you how to make mercenaries, using the Agrianikoi Pelekophoroi as an example (I hope I do not forget anything), make backups of the files you change in case something goes wrong:

First open up export_descr_unit.txt in EB\DATA and find the unit in question:

;356
type hellenistic infantry agrianaipelekephoroi
dictionary hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi ; Agrianikoi Pelekephoroi
category infantry
class light
voice_type General_1
soldier hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi, 40, 0, 0.93
attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hide_long_grass, can_sap, hardy
formation 1.2, 1.6, 2.4, 3.2, 4, square
stat_health 1, 0
stat_pri 6, 0, javelin, 47.3, 2, thrown, archery, piercing, spear, 10 ,1
stat_pri_attr prec, thrown
stat_sec 9, 8, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, axe, 0 ,0.165
stat_sec_attr ap
stat_pri_armour 9, 11, 3, leather
stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
stat_heat 3
stat_ground 0, 0, 3, -2
stat_mental 15, normal, trained
stat_charge_dist 30
stat_fire_delay 0
stat_food 60, 300
stat_cost 1, 2032, 508, 65, 623, 2032
ownership macedon, thrace

Copy this so you now have two entries for this unit and then change the following lines for one of the two entries:

type hellenistic infantry agrianaipelekephoroi
attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hide_long_grass, can_sap, hardy
ownership macedon, thrace

into:

type hellenistic infantry agrianaipelekephoroi merc
attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hide_long_grass, can_sap, hardy, mercenary_unit
ownership slave

and save and exit

Next open up descr_model_battle.txt in EB\DATA and find this unit:

type hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi
skeleton fs_javelinman, fs_swordsman
indiv_range 40
texture macedon, eb/data/models_unit/textures/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_MACEDON.TGA
texture thrace, eb/data/models_unit/textures/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_EPIRUS.TGA
model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_HIGH.CAS, 15
model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_MED.CAS, 30
model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_LOW.CAS, 40
model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_LOWEST.CAS, max
model_sprite macedon, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/hellenistic/ebsprite_hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi_macedon.spr
model_sprite thrace, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/hellenistic/ebsprite_hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi_thrace.spr
model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

and add two lines, making it look like:

type hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi
skeleton fs_javelinman, fs_swordsman
indiv_range 40
texture macedon, eb/data/models_unit/textures/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_MACEDON.TGA
texture thrace, eb/data/models_unit/textures/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_EPIRUS.TGA
texture merc, eb/data/models_unit/textures/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_MACEDON.TGA
model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_HIGH.CAS, 15
model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_MED.CAS, 30
model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_LOW.CAS, 40
model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/EBUNIT_SKELETOR_HELLENISTIC_INFANTRY_AGRINIAN_ASSAULT_LOWEST.CAS, max
model_sprite macedon, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/hellenistic/ebsprite_hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi_macedon.spr
model_sprite thrace, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/hellenistic/ebsprite_hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi_thrace.spr
model_sprite merc, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/hellenistic/ebsprite_hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi_macedon.spr
model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

save and exit

Next go to EB\Data\ui\unit_info\macedon and copy the file hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi_INFO.tga to EB\Data\ui\unit_info\merc.

Next go to EB\Data\ui\units\macedon and copy the file #hellenistic_infantry_agrianaipelekephoroi.tga to EB\Data\ui\units\mercs.

Next open up EB\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial campaign\descr_mercenaries.txt

add this line:

unit hellenistic infantry agrianaipelekephoroi merc, exp 1 cost 2032 replenish 0.10 - 0.20 max 1 initial 0

to every region that you want the unit to be recruitable from. (for regionnames check out: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1022202&postcount=4 )

Note: - exp is the experience that the unit has when you recruit it.
- cost is its price
- replenish is a value for how fast new units will be recruitable. 0.10 means one unit every 10 turns, 0.20 means one unit every 5 turns, 0.10-0.20 means one unit every 5-10 turns.
- max is for the maximum number of units that can be recruited.
- initial is the number of units recruitable at the start of the campaign.

The end result:

https://img116.imageshack.us/img116/325/agrianiyp7.th.jpg (https://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=agrianiyp7.jpg)

AntiochosMegas
02-05-2007, 03:55
Thanx alot it works, I have noticed that it works only for new campaigns and even if my save games are compatible can't get my new mercs any way, thanx again!:2thumbsup: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :beam:

Oleo
02-05-2007, 13:31
Thanx alot it works, I have noticed that it works only for new campaigns and even if my save games are compatible can't get my new mercs any way, thanx again!:2thumbsup: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :beam:

No, unfortunately descr_mercenaries.txt gets loaded only once at the start of the campaign, after that the savegame remembers those settings.