PDA

View Full Version : How To: Multiplayer with Hamachi + Hamachi M2TW Networks

Cerxes
02-06-2007, 20:11
For those who are new to multiplayer using Hamachi, here is instructions how to do:

How To: Multiplayer with Hamachi

1. If you want to play and join a public Hamachi network, use a clean installation of Medieval II + the latest patch (1.2 (http://www.gamershell.com/download_19011.shtml) + 1.3 (http://www.gamershell.com/download_20881.shtml)) OR the Kingdoms expansion. Don´t use modification packages for avoiding compability problems.

2. Download and install Hamachi (https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp). Follow the instructions and configure the application.

3. In your Medieval II folder, by default: "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War", find the file called "medieval2.preference.cfg" and open it with notepad. Scroll down until you find where it says "use_ip = " under the category [network]. Put Hamachis IP number in (big number located at the top of your Hamachi window). For example: "use_ip = 5.57.972.139".

4. Save "medieval2.preference.cfg".

5. If you use a software firewall, allow full Internet access and server rights for both Hamachi and Medieval II (both UDP and TCP).

6. If you use a router (NAT), you have to make a port forwarding. In Hamachi, go to: "Configure/Preferences/Status/Detailed configuration", there you mark both UDP and TCP and type which port you want to use, for example: "27750". You now have to allow Hamachi using this port, "27750", in your router for both UDP and TCP. Go to Portforward (http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm) and choose your router model and then the instructions for "Hamachi". Go directly to the instructions for your router model.

7. In Hamachi you can now join or create a new network (name + password). Look in this forum/thread for any new networks to join.

8. Start Medieval II, click "Multiplayer" and choose your player name (same as your Hamachi member name is recommended). Then click "LAN Battles" to enter the lobby and either host (create) a new game or join an existing game.

IMPORTANT!

A network can contain 1 owner, up to 16 basic members and up to 256 premium members = up to 273 members in total (for premium membership see pricelist (https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/purchase.asp)).

Don´t be connected online to the same player you are playing with through several networks at once, as this will decrease the performance of the game (lag). Go offline in those other networks where the same player appears for best performance.

If you have created a network (owner) and are a premium member, please disable encryption for improving the performance of the games between all premium members within that network. Games with basic members are always encrypted.

If you still have a lagproblem, then you have to lower your audio and video settings. Still lag? get a faster machine and/or faster Internet connection.

It´s easy and fun! Enjoy! /Cerxes.

Cerxes
02-06-2007, 20:12
Here´s a list of Hamachi networks for Medieval II Total War. You may add new networks with password. Please post it here so I can update the list, and don´t forget to specify which condition. If you have some suggestions or thoughts about how to improve the networks, please post.

TO ALL PLAYERS: PLEASE RESPECT THE CONDITIONS AS WELL AS OTHER PLAYERS, THANKS!

Hamachi M2TW Networks

Name: M2TW Premium
Pass: M2TW Premium
Admin: Cerxes*
Condition: Only for Premium members (non-encrypted, maximum gamespeed)

Name: Medieval-5
Pass: join
Admin: Schaapfcg
Condition: Main language is Dutch

Name: GeneralsCollective
Pass: GeneralsCollective
Admin: General_Sun*
Condition: Main language is English

Name: GeneralsCollective1
Pass: GeneralsCollective1
Admin: Novusordo

Name: GeneralsCollective2
Pass: GeneralsCollective2

Name: TWCers
Pass: twcers
Admin: keaponlaffin*

Name: games slot 1
Pass: games
Admin: dirtyharry

Name: games slot 2

Name: games slot 3

Name: GenCol
Pass: 1

Name: Medieval 2 English
Pass: 123
Admin: spyridon77

Name: Brad2010
Pass: pass
Admin: brad2009

Name: Medieval 2 MP

Name: Medieval total war 2
Pass: me2
Admin: Darthalon
Condition: Main language is Finnish

Name: Medieval Italia
Pass: medieval
Admin: Mitra
Condition: Main language is Italian

Name: M2TWBR
Pass: orkut
Admin: Yg0r_182
Condition: Main language is Portuguese

Name: Medieval 2 - Europe
Admin: sKir

Name: Medieval 2 Total WAR
Pass: med2
Admin: ttilt

Name: Sverigemtw
Pass: swe
Admin: Ros
Condition: Main language is Swedish

Name: Medieval-2
Admin: ASSASSINO*
Condition: Main language is Swedish

Name: octai2mtw2
Admin: OCTAI-TR
Condition: Main language is Turkish

Name: -Medieval 2-
Admin: Miasmus*
Condition: Main language is Turkish

* = Premium Member

It´s easy and fun! Enjoy! /Cerxes

Stig
02-06-2007, 20:14
Far too difficult imo

Everyone uses Gamespy

Dionysus9
02-06-2007, 21:09
Is Hamachi any more stable than GS? I imagine it is, as the leaning tower of piza is probably more stable than GS...

Just curious what the benefit is. I could see if GS was totally down-- or if you were only going to play with a few friends and didn't want to deal with lobby chat, unwanted joiners, passwords, etc...

Cerxes
02-06-2007, 21:23
If Hamachi is any more stable than GS? definitely! That was the main reason why I began using Hamachi. Several times GS went down for me even if everything seemed o.k. The only negative about it is that the community is still small and spread in an unorganized way over several networks compared to GS. But it´s only a matter of time before these alternatives are a better substitute because of the connection problems of GS, and it doesn´t seems to get any better. /C.

sapi
02-07-2007, 09:53
It's a bit old (posted before) but still a good guide.

One other thing though - with many firewalls (norton is a pime example) you have to allow all traffic on the hamachi ports for the program to work correctly.

Cerxes
05-01-2007, 05:18
Updated the networklist:

Name: GenCol
Pass: 1

/Cerxes.

Cerxes
07-26-2007, 01:43
New network added to the list:

Name: Medieval 2 English

/C.

Cerxes
07-27-2007, 06:16

Name: Brad2010
Pass: pass
Admin: brad2009

/C.

Swoosh So
08-06-2007, 14:32
too many servers imo.

Denali
08-06-2007, 20:35
@ Cerxes, good job mate, i wanted to play this with a working mate and i spose we would have had our little problem cause i had no clue that you have to edit the preference.cfg beforehand.

Cerxes
08-07-2007, 00:06
@Swoosh So: Well, what can I do about that?... If you have some suggestion how to reduce the amount of networks in a smart way and still have the same amount of players with only basic membership then please write.

@Denali: Thx! then I hope it works now :yes:

/Cerxes.

Cerxes
09-02-2007, 01:13

Name: Medieval 2 MP

/C.

Daze
10-28-2007, 03:13
Updating on server status as of today:

Does not exist
M2TW Premium
Medieval-5

Wrong password
-Medieval 2-

Others are either at capacity or functioning.

Sadly I could not find a single person to play with today.

Ivanbg89
01-12-2008, 23:16
Join my M2TW: kingdoms network on hamachi:
NAME: M2TWKingdoms
PASS: 159

Medevialking15
05-10-2009, 16:34
Join my hamachi.

Name: Medevialking15

this server is for version 1.3 me2 and version 1.5 for kingdoms

joeyamendoza