PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial fixes

saulot333
02-10-2007, 11:14
Blue Lotus is truly a wonderful mod. Still, the OB has numerous flaws, expecially in the gameplay. Units stats are unbalanced, military buildings are not organized in a rational way, campaign is prone to end-of-the-AI-turn-CTD, AIs are strangled by the general lack of money and Yomi is not nearly aggressive enough.
So, I have decided to fix all of that. I have completely redone all stas for all factions (rebels and mercenaries included), I have eliminated the source of the CTDs (it was the Monks, useless in campaign) and I have modded the descr_strat, obtaining dinamic civil wars between humans and a powerful, expansionistic Yomi.
I have decided to share this fixes with our little community...but I cannot post attachments! If someone is interested I could send him the files by email. Maybe the modders could post them. Let me know what you think.

Moros
02-10-2007, 12:46
Send it to me and I'll upload it somewhere. And I'll sticky the thread.

Moros
02-13-2007, 21:55
A bit late, sorry. But uploaded to here:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/0619e4/

SubzeroPlainzero
02-14-2007, 17:39
This is truly tremendous news!!
I think i'll wait till i've been crushed by the Yomi before i try this.
Nice work saulot!! i bet i'm not alone in my extreme excitement

saulot333
02-14-2007, 23:25
If you like the suave experience of being crushed by a powerful Yomi my little add-on could be very useful indeed. Could you please describe your campaign? I'd really like to know how powerful cash injection can boost a faction aggressivity. Thank you.

SubzeroPlainzero
02-15-2007, 17:41
early on the yomi were struggling against pesky rebels so I gave them quite an ample boost in cash (about 800,000) needless to say they spread rapidly after this. they spent the money very quick as it soon said that I was once again the richest faction.kishnapaur were finished off a few years later soon followed by zuanshi. i'm about 70 years into the campaign and as the akagi clan i'm now at war with Yomi and kanate. the chosen are allied with yomi and i'm pretty sure i'll have to deal with them aswell soon. I'm innevitibly gonna die and i like it!!!!
I think I was bit over the top with the yomi cash injection but I really wanted them to be a lot more formidable.
how does your patch achieve this cos it's really got my mouth watering.