PDA

View Full Version : Dismounting and generals

Jerek Kruger
02-10-2007, 15:04
In MTW you could dismount knights during sieges, would it be possible to allow this again in M2TW. To me it's more interesting to have a one unit that can both fight from horseback and on foot than have two separate units (makes more sense too).

Also does anyone know how the game generates a bodyguard for a new general? If I were to create a new bodyguard unit how would I make the game give it to new generals?

Finally, how do I make the game recognise a model as a general i.e. if I want to make unique generals and captains for each faction how do I make the game recognise these models are generals.

ratbarf
04-09-2007, 22:07
Okay, I am not exactly sure about this but I think I know how it could work.

First things first, you will need mikshape and the new mesh editor.

Convert the general you want to the ms3d format using the mesh editor.
Convert a unit that has a sword. (say dismounted fuedal knights)
Delete all of the animations for the general.
Copy and paste all of the animations for the dismounted knights to the dismounted general.
Repeat for all of the lod's.

Then I think you simply go into the Unit_descr and Model_db file and edit the horse out.

Alternate, edit the horse out in Unit_descr and Model_DB, use animation set from dismounted feudal knights.

Might want to increase hit points to three or increase unit size to 30 in the Unit_descr file.

May not work. Have not tried it myself. Look at the "How to Add a Unit" tutorial to see what I am talking about.

ratbarf
04-09-2007, 22:18
Whoops, You will also need two change the lance, I think. Am Trying right now.

ratbarf
04-09-2007, 22:49
Okay... Something extremely funny happened. I simply edited the Descr_units file and the soldiers ended up half seated in the ground with their lances doing a dance in the air. Seriously. It was quite funny and I would have posted screens but the connection between this comp and my gaming comp is broken, sigh...

alpaca
04-09-2007, 23:32
Please don't dig up two months old threads unless you have a follow-up question.

dietre
04-10-2007, 00:03
i dont know if u still want the answere as to how to make a general unit.
but this is how

1) open export_description unit
2) go to gerenals bodyguard
3) delete the entry that says bodyguard_unit in abilities
4)find the unit u want to be the new general bodygaurd and add the entry to that unit which u deleted from above.

note if u wanted a dismounted bodygaurd, near the bottom of the export_unit there is a dismounted_bodygaurd.

alpaca
04-10-2007, 13:42
Did you read what I posted?
Thread closed.