PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Enable Units For Another Faction

Scotlandthebrave
02-13-2007, 12:11
Fellow Gamers (and Modders)

Is there a way to enable certain factions to gain an otherwise unavailable unit-in my case Scots Guard for Scotland-is there a way to enable scotland to produce Scots Guard?

Many Thanks

RyanW
02-19-2007, 07:18
You have to do two things:

1) Add the desired faction to the unit's "ownership" attribute, in export_descr_unit.txt

2) Add the desired faction to the unit's "recruit pools" for each building that can recruit that unit, in export_descr_buildings.txt

(optionally) Add the desired faction to the unit's appropriate "era #" attributes in export_descr_unit.txt to make it available in custom battles.

Foz
02-21-2007, 06:04
I suppose you'd also have to give it appropriate appearance tga files in order for it to show up skinned as something other than plain silver on the battlefield... or for it to have a unit card that is something other than the default one for that faction (it won't be the right unit, since that faction doesn't have that unit and so wouldn't have a card for it in vanilla). These are of course optional, but what fun is a unit that doesn't look right in the game?

I don't mess with adding or changing a unit's factions or looks very much though, so I'm not even really sure if you end up having to do this. If you do, the tutorial for adding a new unit to the game should have everything you'd need to know in it (very well written, that one, btw).