PDA

View Full Version : general question regarding cavalry units

Fenix7
02-13-2007, 23:38
I posted this one so people who browse around here will get the feeling that this actually is MP forum for MTW 2.:beam:

There is simply too many issues, so I rather wait for the 2nd patch to see how MTW 2 will be addressed.

Ok to the point. I'm not regular in lobbies atm due the MTW 2 engine issue and becaus I have other things to do in ordinary life that is why I'm refering following question to those who are able to spent more time in MTW 2 lobby.

For example if we chose Polish faction. There you have good heavy cavalry units to chose.
Polish Nobles a11 d17 c4
Polish Retainers a10 d14 c8
Polish Knights a13 d17 c8

Which you prefer? Is this only me or Polish Nobles do a lot better job in melee then Polish Knights?

When playing French faction you have Chivalry Knight and Noble Knight unit with the exact same stats as Polish Knight. Is it only me or French knight units seems to do their job better then mentioned Polish knight unit?

KrooK
02-14-2007, 00:01
Polish knights have good charge but polish nobles have armour piercing bonus.
I like using 4 knight and 2 nobles - knights are great to first attack and with nobles support they can break every cav.

RTKBarrett
02-14-2007, 04:39
Polish knights have good charge but polish nobles have armour piercing bonus.
I like using 4 knight and 2 nobles - knights are great to first attack and with nobles support they can break every cav.

Except ones without shields currently...

-Silent-Pariya
02-14-2007, 13:18
It is more or less a matter of getting the most bang for your buck. You want to field the strongest army possible and stretch your doller as far as you can.
When considering cavalry and comparing stats also remember that many cavalry units have Armor Piercing on there secondary weopon: such as khans guard and royal mamlucks.
That is why you find them doing so well against heavy cavalry like that of most christian factions. Poland as you are describing is one of the better factions for as well
rounded army with very strong cavalry... becouse polish knights and polish retainers are relatively cheap in comparison to units of similiar stats in other factins. Polish nobles
i do not like taking that much. You need to think practicely... yes there javelins are armor piercing and missile attack 10... but the unit costs 800 dollers. They are good in mellee
but they have a low charge... and that is the most important factor in cavalry.... *when you use them right* So again you need to ask yourself if your getting the most bang for your buck.
Is you opponent going to be able to get you to waste your javelins on unimportant units... or will you be able to decimate a unit or 2 of his cavalry with them. Its all about getting the bang for
the buck and 800 a unit for something that will run out off ammo fast and has a low charge aint my taste.