PDA

View Full Version : Editing/Creating Banners, COA, etc.

Lord Condormanius
02-14-2007, 09:10
Is there a tutorial explaining how to create or edit existing Banners and COA? I have created an Irish faction using the Saxons and I would like to fix them up. I would also like to know because I plan to add several more factions. I have all kinds of editing software and have opened and looked at plenty of the files. I am just not sure how they work in conjuntion with the other files. Am I making any sense? Anyway a tutorial would be nice.

Thanks for the help...

LC

SilentResident
02-24-2007, 12:36
Yes, there is a guide by me:
http://p223.ezboard.com/FAQ-How-to-edit-all-the-Faction-Symbols/fshoguntotalwarfrm67.showMessage?topicID=322.topic

With subject: How to edit all the Faction Symbols.
This thread is about the faction banners & symbols.

Goatbuster3000
02-25-2007, 15:21
So SilentResident, from this, could we copy existing textures and edit them for use with factions we've created by renaming them to the name of the faction in the file descr_sm_factions? Would you happen to know where the coding is that assigns these textures to each faction? Sorry for the question. It was a very helpful tutorial and it explained to me what all of the different textures were used for!
:yes:

Lord Condormanius
03-04-2007, 20:31
This is helpful, but it doesn't show how to edit them. It only shows where they are.

wilddog
03-05-2007, 09:03
LC
You generally need photoshop or equivalent with the nvidia plug in which allow you to edit the DDS files. If there are any textures involved (can't remember) then you need to convert the textures to the DDS files using Alpacas tool.

There is currently a limit for some of the faction symbols used in the interface which alpaca and someone else is trying to resolve.

Lord Condormanius
03-05-2007, 10:50
@wilddog

It wasn't the physical editing that I was corried about. I use GIMP (it's free and it's awsome). I was wondering about how the symbols were assigned to each faction. I've since had teh problem solved for me. You can see some of my screens my clicking on my signature.

LC