PDA

View Full Version : Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP scene.

pevergreen
02-17-2007, 11:58
(NB: This will be a collaboration. This is not my idea, but Elmo's. He is yet to start, so I thought I would get the ball rolling.)

Freshman MP 101: MP Ettiquette: A guide to smooth your entry into the M2TW MP community.

The multiplayer scene is a scary one to a new player. People curse, use slang and spam. What do they mean?

Well despair no more! This is your one stop to ettiquette!

Sections:

1. Behaviour in the chat lobby
2. Slang used in the chat lobby
3. Behaviour in-game
4. Slang used in-game

1. Behaviour in the chat lobby

The chat lobby. A dreadful place sometimes. A dreary place that you sit in while waiting for a game to start. What is good behaviour for the lobby? What will keep people from spamming hate messages at you.

1. Think about what you post.

Racist comments are just going to draw hate at you. As are hate messages at someone. If you plan each post, people will continue to chat normally to you. If you spam and/or make bad/racisit comments, people will respond to them, often in a bad way. If you feel you are getting in over your head, stop posting, or leave the chat room, either by logging off, or start the process of hosting a game. Waiting a few minutes can really help, as the worst of spammers will quickly forget about you, allowing to ease yourself back into the chatroom without notice.

If you feel that the chat is to scary to be involved in, just ignore it completely.

This post will be constantly updated with submissions from members. Post your own parts (they will be quoted for notation of author), correct spelling and/or formatting and post your views on what should change. Please format and bold your new sections etc.

Mods: Please do not edit the top post yourselves, I dont want to miss stuff. :sweatdrop:

Zeph
02-26-2007, 19:26
:flowers:

Boyar Karhunkynsi
03-06-2007, 07:03
Too bad you can't spell racist. Could confuse people into thinkin' you're talkin' 'bout somethin' else.

Yep...
:medievalcheers: Beer and viking helmets for all!

LadyAnn
11-07-2007, 22:30
Elmo? The El Marko of Fear?

Annie

pike master
11-09-2007, 06:42
yup

pevergreen
11-09-2007, 14:47
Elmo? The El Marko of Fear?

Annie
Indeed. This was written back in the time where myself and Elmo had a vision for these forums. He drifted off, and this is the first time i have come back since a few weeks after writing this.

Dear Elmo, we love you. :bow:

Jochi Khan
11-09-2007, 17:26
It never took off. Nobody seemed interested.
Just an old topic resurrected.

Tomisama
11-10-2007, 03:53
Elmo is alive and well, serving on the High Council of the Hunter Clan (who are like wise alive and well, I might add :yes: ).

Should there be something about forum etiquette also?

At Clan Wars we have posted a strict rules for our new contests that require all participating Clans to monitor and police themselves.

During the course of the above event, Clans will be held responsible for the behavior of all of their members, community wide.

Dishonorable or otherwise disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated for any reason, and will cost that Clan their right to participate in this competition.
This is no joke!

We have had enough of the spoilers :thumbsdown:

P.S. Annie, are you playing any Total War games these days?
Oddly enough, I sometimes sence your presence in games. It is very strange. Probably just my imagination, right?

t1master
11-10-2007, 05:20
It never took off. Nobody seemed interested.
Just an old topic resurrected.

sounds like mp since rome...

LadyAnn
11-10-2007, 09:59
Tomi: I have not been online for quite a while, even I had M2TW and have also M2TW/K.

Annie

pike master
11-10-2007, 19:03
keep up the good work, we need a better atmosphere online as it should be freindly for young and old alike to enjoy.

hate to have children or little brother look over your shoulder and see obscenities.

how do you join the hunters?
sounds like a good clan. ;)