PDA

View Full Version : Difficulties with using chariots

mws2100
02-18-2007, 08:28
i posted this on TW forum but no one seems to reply to this. so i'm posting here.

I dont seem to effectively use british chariots against other units. Any suggestion?:help:

Ludens
02-18-2007, 14:33
I haven't played much with them since 0.8, but in my experience they are best used as support units. They give a morale bonus to your troops and a penalty to the enemy, so you should keep them close to the battle line. If you can get them behind the enemy battle line, this is perfect because then they can use their javelins as well. Keep them away from enemy missile troops though, and only charge enemy troops when they are disordered or wavering (or both), because if the chariots get stuck in close combat, they are going to suffer.

Foot
02-18-2007, 15:55
With a little bit of practice you can use them to break well-ordered formations, such as those used by the mediterraen factions, and then charge some heavy infantry in after them to fill the gaps. This will drastically increase the damage that your troops do.

Remember, never ever charge your chariots against light infantry of any kind, they will be slaughterd. Heavy infantry have far less luck with chariots, so if you do use the above tactic, only use it on them.

Foot

mws2100
02-18-2007, 18:21
thank you all for the tip. :2thumbsup:

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
02-18-2007, 21:47
Because I hated the chariots in RTW, I love the chariots in EB. So brittle.