PDA

View Full Version : Texas Mafia [Concluded]

Sasaki Kojiro
02-20-2007, 19:56
This is mafia...Texas style. Less voting, more justice.

9 townies--Can post in the thread Kill:player. This kills the player and ends the day. They win when the mafia is eliminated.

1 cop--can investigate one person per night. The goon comes up guilty, the godfather comes up innocent. Can't day kill players.

1 goon--can't day kill players. Wins when all townies dead. Get's one kill per night.

1 godfather--comes up innocent to investigation, can day kill players. Can nightkill if the goon is dead.

Roles will be revealed upon death.

The problem with the mini games seems to be lack of discussion. So, this makes the game as fast as you want. I'll have the mafia supply me with a list of names to choose from and will post the night kill as soon as I post the daykill.

No voting, no deadline on days.

Signed up:
Ichigo
Ultrawar
Caius
Sir Boo
pevergreen
CountArach
Kukri
BK
CR
Xiahou
sapi
HughTower

Csargo
02-20-2007, 20:02
In! and I'm from Texas this should be fun.

UltraWar
02-20-2007, 20:47
I'll sign up to this game

Seamus Fermanagh
02-20-2007, 21:09
I'm full up, though this sounds fun.

You do realize that this could be over in 20 minutes if everybody's on at once?

Edit: not in, thanks.

Caius
02-20-2007, 21:26
In!

Sir Boo
02-20-2007, 22:08
So in :P

pevergreen
02-20-2007, 23:19
Right on in!

CountArach
02-21-2007, 03:49
In...!

Caius
02-21-2007, 04:03
Still doesnt understanding the votation

Sasaki Kojiro
02-21-2007, 04:17
Still doesnt understanding the votation

There is no voting. You discuss like normal until someone posts "Kill:player" at which point the day is over.

Csargo
02-21-2007, 04:18
Hmm this will be weird.

pevergreen
02-21-2007, 04:42
Yeah. Over very quick i think.

KukriKhan
02-21-2007, 05:40
Huh. Texas hold-em, with a cut-throat option. Let's try it and see how to best tweak it. Could speed up daily results while emphasising analysis. Cool.

In, please.

ByzantineKnight
02-21-2007, 06:00
In!

Crazed Rabbit
02-21-2007, 06:02
In.

So, the first person who writes 'Kill:Player' gets to decide that the player is killed?

CR

CountArach
02-21-2007, 06:03
In.

So, the first person who writes 'Kill:Player' gets to decide that the player is killed?

CR

As far as I can tell, yes.

Xiahou
02-21-2007, 06:47
Sounds like it could shake things up a little from traditional mafia games. Of course, things will probably go horribly wrong- but that should be half the fun.

I'm in.

sapi
02-22-2007, 09:20
Oh what the hell - i'm in

I have a horrible feeling that the game will be over before i get a chance to post once :laugh4:

HughTower
02-22-2007, 12:28
In. Sounds vengeful.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-23-2007, 03:21
Game has started!

Motep
02-23-2007, 04:47
Wooo! Vote: Ichigo as we need to start somewhere.:laugh4:

pevergreen
02-23-2007, 05:15
Are you in this game? :inquisitive: Methinks not...

Csargo
02-23-2007, 06:28
Are there going to be kills first or what?

Sasaki Kojiro
02-23-2007, 06:30
No, it's day.

Csargo
02-23-2007, 06:32
If anyone kills without a majority on who to kill I will view them as suspicious.

pevergreen
02-23-2007, 06:32
Kill: Sasaki

:laugh4:
So we just kill someone, and it becomes night...wow.

ByzantineKnight
02-23-2007, 06:38

Mafia!

pevergreen
02-23-2007, 06:39
No one accuses me! Kill.. :laugh4:

CountArach
02-23-2007, 07:30
I agree with Ichigo, we need a majority agreement first. But where to start?

HughTower
02-23-2007, 10:41
I think the important gameplay points are this:

Game can't move forward until the town has killed someone
The 'goon' can't daykill so when deciding who should be killed, that responsibility should be swapped around so as to elimnate suspects.
The 'cop' can't daykill either.
We won't know whether we've got a Mafia by the number of nightkills changing - there will always be one

Our strategy should be something like this:

As Ichigo has said, don't kill someone without prior consultation. Remember, there is no rush or deadlines - we decide when day ends.
Our first kill is going to be utterly random & pointless. But it has to be done. I think we should kill a volunteer & the cop should then reveal himself to the volunteer with his role PM. The volunteer can then steer the town away from killing the cop by suggesting (& being listened to) candidates for the next daykill. Of course a mafioso could 'volunteer' to prove their worth but it would be a very high risk strategy on their part & a gamble on our part worth taking.
The cop will only be able to find the goon, so chances are he'll find an innocent (8 in 10). If Sasaki allows, then he should release his findings to the dead volunteer for announcing to the town.
There is no point in the cop investigating someone who has daykilled. They will appear as innocent.
Killing the don will be a case of guesswork & insight so don't be afraid to die to prove your innocence.
In the endgame, the Mafia (should) win if the Don is alive with 2 townies, so be very aware.

Firstly, does this make sense (strategically)? Secondly, are we all agreed? Thirdly, Sasaki, what is your policy on allowing the dead to speak etc?

Once most of us have answered those two questions, but not before, then we should start.

To prove my faith in this plan, I am happy to volunteer to be the sacrificial kill (but also happy for another to do it, it will be an active & crucial role).

pevergreen
02-23-2007, 11:42
I have no doubt that my mafia looking style of posting (it has led to around 7 lynchings now) would in HughTower's view on how we should proceed, benefit the town most.

Caius
02-25-2007, 15:50

I think we have someone

Why you want the night comes fast?

ByzantineKnight
02-26-2007, 03:52
I think we have someone

Why you want the night comes fast?

Sasaki is hosting... He isn't attacked...

Csargo
02-26-2007, 07:35
This is really getting us nowhere. I'll volunteer to kill myself for Hugh's plan.

CountArach
02-26-2007, 08:49
Don't bother. Your much more useful to the town alive.

I'll volunteer.

pevergreen
02-26-2007, 08:53
I think the important gameplay points are this:

Game can't move forward until the town has killed someone
The 'goon' can't daykill so when deciding who should be killed, that responsibility should be swapped around so as to elimnate suspects.
The 'cop' can't daykill either.
We won't know whether we've got a Mafia by the number of nightkills changing - there will always be one

Our strategy should be something like this:

As Ichigo has said, don't kill someone without prior consultation. Remember, there is no rush or deadlines - we decide when day ends.
Our first kill is going to be utterly random & pointless. But it has to be done. I think we should kill a volunteer & the cop should then reveal himself to the volunteer with his role PM. The volunteer can then steer the town away from killing the cop by suggesting (& being listened to) candidates for the next daykill. Of course a mafioso could 'volunteer' to prove their worth but it would be a very high risk strategy on their part & a gamble on our part worth taking.
The cop will only be able to find the goon, so chances are he'll find an innocent (8 in 10). If Sasaki allows, then he should release his findings to the dead volunteer for announcing to the town.
There is no point in the cop investigating someone who has daykilled. They will appear as innocent.
Killing the don will be a case of guesswork & insight so don't be afraid to die to prove your innocence.
In the endgame, the Mafia (should) win if the Don is alive with 2 townies, so be very aware.

Firstly, does this make sense (strategically)? Secondly, are we all agreed? Thirdly, Sasaki, what is your policy on allowing the dead to speak etc?

Once most of us have answered those two questions, but not before, then we should start.

To prove my faith in this plan, I am happy to volunteer to be the sacrificial kill (but also happy for another to do it, it will be an active & crucial role).

Kill: pevergreen

sapi
02-26-2007, 09:00
So now we wait.

Xiahou
02-26-2007, 09:23
Brave, but he should have let someone else kill him. Then we could've ruled two people out as possible goons, instead of just one. :shrug:

sapi
02-26-2007, 09:25
True.

For all we know he coudl be the godfather, killing himself to remove him from suspicion :laugh4:

pevergreen
02-26-2007, 09:38
Brave, but he should have let someone else kill him. Then we could've ruled two people out as possible goons, instead of just one. :shrug:

True....sorry, but maybe Sasaki wont let me kill myself? Then someone else could vote. But the godfather could do that to me..unless he cant day kill vote either.

sapi
02-26-2007, 09:41
You want me to kill you just to make sure pever?

CountArach
02-26-2007, 10:06
Kill: Pevergreen.

Allow me ;)

sapi
02-26-2007, 10:31
Kill: pever

Just to reinforce how much we value his commitment to death :laugh4:

pevergreen
02-26-2007, 10:32
Raise from the dead: pevergreen

:grin2:

KukriKhan
02-26-2007, 13:02
Raise from the dead: pevergreen

:grin2:

rofl. Next Mafia game: "The Resurrection".

I agree with and support HughTower's plan. :bow:

p.s. Can the murdered players speak from the grave? If yes, that would help us in our deliberations.

sapi
02-26-2007, 13:05
We're kinda relying on it for his plan to succeed :laugh4:

If they can't, pever's in for a shock :thumbsup:

HughTower
02-26-2007, 13:25
The cop needs to reveal themselves to pevergreen, & investigate someone other than Count Arach (because he's killing pevergreen).

Now, obviously, that doesn't clear Count because he could be the Don. But seeing as the Don can't nightkill while the Goon is alive, & the Goon will revealed on death, so we only need to go back to Count as a suspect when we know the goon is dead.

Pevergreen - pls confirm when the cop has revealed to you & who they've chosen to investigate. With that info, you can suggest a couple (no more) of names suitable for death / killing, we can debate tactics, & then the deed can be done.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-26-2007, 16:23
pevergreen has been killed by CountArach. He was a townie.

It is now nightime.

It is no daytime.

CountArach has been killed. He was a townie.

*note: detective cannot reveal privately. You cannot kill yourself.

UltraWar
02-26-2007, 18:10
I'll Vote:Ichigo

Csargo
02-26-2007, 20:46
I'll Vote:Ichigo

We don't vote in this game UW. We just kill and if you just killed me I'll be pissed.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-26-2007, 20:51
Votes don't kill.

pevergreen
02-27-2007, 01:39
:sweatdrop: Our plan just got snapped. Cop cant reveal privately.

Crazed Rabbit
02-27-2007, 02:57
Okay, we know two innocents - for what good it does us.

The mafia looks like they are going to go after whoever does the kill thing, as they will be a known innocent.

So - we need to try and find the suspected mobsters. If we have two suspects, we can bully one into killing the other. If the kill doesn't go through, we found the goon. If it does, we may still have got a mafia killed.

Having a kill go through isn't proof of innocence - the don can do it.

Now, let us begin -
Ultrawar, you're a slimy mafia SoB and I'm going to beat the confession out of you because you're guilty. Why'd you kill CA?

Crazed Rabbit

Caius
02-27-2007, 03:01
How do you know that :inquisitive:

sapi
02-27-2007, 10:32
**** :(

The plan didn't work - we dont' have anything to go on :(

HughTower
02-27-2007, 15:12
Right - random chance it's going to have to be. We've got a 1 in five chance of getting scum.

Pevergreen - as a thank you for taking one for the town, why don't you nominate someone to be a killer?

The killer should then announce who they're going to kill in the thread (but not as a bolded action), put a time limit on when they'll do it & that way the cop has a chance to put his investigation order in.

As a sop to the poor sod that's going to get killed, you can then choose who the next shooter will be.

Cop - as soon as you find the Goon, let us know. There is no more you can do after that.

pevergreen
02-28-2007, 01:09
I will nominate someone after a bit more talking. I plan to nominate a goon/godfather, so when they cant daykill we know.

sapi
02-28-2007, 09:38
Okay - seems to make sense.

I'd volunteer for the job, but it's best to just let things run their course at this stage imo.

Eventually the mafia will slip up - they always do :laugh4:

HughTower
02-28-2007, 11:28
I will nominate someone after a bit more talking. I plan to nominate a goon/godfather, so when they cant daykill we know.

Only a goon can't daykill.

I'd just get on & do it if I were you - there's not going to be much useful conversation in this game since there's no voting.

pevergreen
02-28-2007, 11:31
i pick sapi!

sapi
02-28-2007, 11:36
Kill: Ichigo

Too eager to volunteer to die :inquisitive:

The way I read this it makes no difference if the mafia loses a goon (as sasaki indicates that the godfather then gains nightkill power) so I'm suspicious of anyone who volunteers to die that easily.

Caius
02-28-2007, 14:29
i pick sapi!
Err, you say that for someone kill Sapi for you or you are sugesting Sapi is the goon?

HughTower
02-28-2007, 15:10
Sapi - It would have been nice if you'd given the Cop some warning of who you're killing, as already suggested.

Also, Ichigo volunteered once to die, but you volunteered twice to kill.

Caius
02-28-2007, 15:56
Sapi - It would have been nice if you'd given the Cop some warning of who you're killing, as already suggested.

Also, Ichigo volunteered once to die, but you volunteered twice to kill.
Who is the cop?

HughTower
02-28-2007, 16:16
We don't know, but obviously he should investigate people that aren't killing or dying, so he needs to be given warning to get his PM across to Sasaki in time.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-28-2007, 17:38
Ichigo has been killed by sapi. He was a townie.

It is now night.

It is now day.

HughTower has been found dead. He was a townie.

Ichigo
Ultrawar
Caius
Sir Boo
pevergreen
CountArach
Kukri
BK
CR
Xiahou
sapi
HughTower

Crazed Rabbit
02-28-2007, 19:23
Perhaps we should have Sapi volunteer to perish this round, as he hasn't perished like the killer of yesterday and may be a don. Any word from our cop on who the goon is?

And where's Ultrawar, and why hasn't he responded since my accusation?

Let's not rush this people.

CR

Csargo
02-28-2007, 20:40
Kill: Ichigo

Too eager to volunteer to die :inquisitive:

The way I read this it makes no difference if the mafia loses a goon (as sasaki indicates that the godfather then gains nightkill power) so I'm suspicious of anyone who volunteers to die that easily.

This is really getting us nowhere. I'll volunteer to kill myself for Hugh's plan.

Could you explain how that makes me eager to die sapi?

Caius
02-28-2007, 21:40
UltraWar is innocent.

ByzantineKnight
03-01-2007, 02:24
UltraWar is innocent.

How do you know?

KukriKhan
03-01-2007, 02:50
How do you know?

1. He's the cop, or
2. Ultra revealed a PM to him, and he believes it, or
3. He's guessing.

Given his usual conservative play-style, I go for 1 or 2, with heavy reliance on 1 (he's the cop). He dosen't usually make definitive, assertive statements like that.

sapi
03-01-2007, 08:00
Could you explain how that makes me eager to die sapi?
Put it this way - that's exactly what i'd do if i was a mafia goon - get myself killed off so i'd never have to prove my innocence.

Sorry (considering that i was wrong), but with little information I had to make a decision that i believed would be in the best interests of the town, and that was it.

@CR - while you could have me die, it'd be a better idea, imo to try two people at once by having someone else both kill and die (because killing = not the goon, and dieing reveals the role)

Csargo
03-01-2007, 08:09
Put it this way - that's exactly what i'd do if i was a mafia goon - get myself killed off so i'd never have to prove my innocence.

Sorry (considering that i was wrong), but with little information I had to make a decision that i believed would be in the best interests of the town, and that was it.

@CR - while you could have me die, it'd be a better idea, imo to try two people at once by having someone else both kill and die (because killing = not the goon, and dieing reveals the role)

That would be a stupid thing to do if you were mafia since you would be proven guilty because Sasaki tells you if they are townie or mafia. I think would be the best choice to kill at this point since your reasoning is faulty.:thumbsdown:

sapi
03-01-2007, 08:43
:no:

Going along with it would be stupid - volunteering would not ;)

ByzantineKnight
03-01-2007, 09:00
He dosen't usually make definitive, assertive statements like that.

You arent playing Monks and Masons, I reveal a chat log that incriminates him, then he makes all these accusations that I'm fraiming him. I almost get lynched, but when my bro backed me up and was proved pro-town, he got lynched. And now he is still trying to get me lynched even though he is anti-town role...

He likes to spread disorder, I would lean towords him being mafia...

sapi
03-01-2007, 09:44
He certainly seems to be doing so :inquisitive:

So he's your vote for the kill/lynch?

I'm reserving judgement until i hear from him, though of course in this game you don't have to :laugh4:

pevergreen
03-01-2007, 10:06
Just thought of a cool idea! Zombie kill :laugh4:

Zombie kill: all the mafia so the town wins :grin2:

sapi
03-01-2007, 10:07

If only :thumbsup:

ByzantineKnight
03-01-2007, 10:45
So he's your vote for the kill/lynch?

Ya.

sapi
03-01-2007, 10:59
I agree - but i won't kill - i got enough of an earful from Ichigo about the last one :laugh4:

ByzantineKnight
03-01-2007, 11:07
I agree - but i won't kill - i got enough of an earful from Ichigo about the last one :laugh4:

If no one minds (except Caius), I'll do it.

Caius, what do you have to say to defend yourself??

HughTower
03-01-2007, 15:40
Ichigo should choose someone to be a killer. That was the reward for taking a hit for the town.

That killer should then choose his victim with advice/suggestions from the town. If he has an reasoning for this, then so much the better. He should give warning so the cop is able to investigate someone who is not killing or shooting.

Sapi should no longer kill anyone - he has proven he is not the goon. But he could still be the Don.

We do not require volunteers to be killers - naming someone on whim to be the killer is a good way of drawing out people out.

KukriKhan
03-01-2007, 15:52
Ichigo should choose someone to be a killer. That was the reward for taking a hit for the town.

That killer should then choose his victim with advice/suggestions from the town. If he has an reasoning for this, then so much the better. He should give warning so the cop is able to investigate someone who is not killing or shooting.

Hmmm... 3 birds with 1 stone (cop + 2 suspects). Me like! Seems a good way forward. :thumbsup:

Caius
03-01-2007, 16:12
Nothing yet

EDIT:CR is suspechous.He threw an accusation to UltraWar, when he is innocent.Believe me town, maybe i appear dead the next round.Dont make a foolish mistake.

Csargo
03-01-2007, 21:34
I'll choose Kukri.

KukriKhan
03-02-2007, 05:07
I'll choose Kukri.

Thanks for your confidence, mate. :bow:

But I haven't a clue who to kill. Maybe one of the better analyzers like CR or HTower could pick better. I'm still a little new to this mafia game thing (this is my 2nd), and I'd hate to be the guy who kills an innocent townie, further reducing our ranks in this potentially quick-to-resolve game type. There's only 6 of us townies left. If I kill the wrong guy (especially if it's the cop), that leaves only 4.

If you insist, OK; but I hope you don't.

Who does the rest of the town think should be killed, whoever the 'namer' is?

HughTower
03-02-2007, 22:06
Analysis then:

Lurkers
Sir Boo - no posts since game began
Xiahou - 1 post since game began

Noticeable behaviour
Caius Flaminius - claimed Ultrawar is innocent & CR is suspicious for questioning him. Is CF a cop?
BK - has volunteered to kill once

Suspicious behaviour
Sapi - offered to kill twice, didn't give warning to town/cop who he was going to kill, & got his logic all wrong on suggesting that Ichigo's behaviour was Mafia like. He has killed & therefore he is not the goon or cop.

Others
Kukri
Rabbit

Conclusions

Leave Sapi alive (for the moment)
If he is Don (then as well as playing his part badly) he cannot nightkill while the Goon is alive. If he daykills a second time, then he should be purged.

Kill a lurker.
My preference would be Xiahou. He's experienced at Mafia & has posted on other threads recently.

Don't ask BK to be a shooter
He's volunteered already & we have to take something at face value for the moment.

Crazed Rabbit
03-03-2007, 00:17
I agree with Hughtower - though I would lean more towards offing Sapi, but Sir Boo and Xiahou are good choices, being lurkers.

What do you think of those three choices, Kukri?

CR

sapi
03-03-2007, 01:43
@HughTower, CR

I understand why you think me suspicious (and I'd probably do the same in your place). What you must remember is that the first goal for the town has to be catching the goon, and killing someone who obviously is not one is not the best way to go.

I'd be leaning towards lynching Xihou or Sir Boo, as both have been active in other games.

sapi
03-05-2007, 09:18
Someone die already - this game is dieing :inquisitive:

pevergreen
03-05-2007, 09:35
Mod: Deadline please or allow me to kill someone...:laugh4:

HughTower
03-05-2007, 15:04
We're awaiting Kukri to act, but maybe Ichigo should choose another shooter?

Crazed Rabbit
03-05-2007, 20:00
No, I think we want Kukri to do the killing this time. I want his input on potential kill-ees, too.

CR

Xiahou
03-05-2007, 20:27
No, I think we want Kukri to do the killing this time. I want his input on potential kill-ees, too.

CR
If Kurkri won't kill, someone needs to kill him. The implications of not killing are obvious.

HughTower
03-05-2007, 23:24
If Kurkri won't kill, someone needs to kill him. The implications of not killing are obvious.

Yes they are. He's a goon .... or a cop.

You've been quiet.....

KukriKhan
03-06-2007, 03:51
Sorry mates... got tied up in backroom business.

I'm happy to 'take one for the team', but I respectfully decline to be the one who sends another innocenti to his doom.

There is NO -zero - nada - zilch evidence against any remaining member; the cop, who could help us, has not revealed, and we have mysteriously absent survivors, who play other mafia games actively. This leads me to believe that this has become a game of lurkers, hoping to be the last lurker standing. Fine.

I ain't killin' nobody I don't have to.

HT & CR make fairly good cases for nominees, but their conclusions are based on supposition, intuition and in-thread behavior. With respect, those are all weak bases of prosecution, and you all know it.

I say: let the cop reveal and help us. With his info, we can make a decent, informed decision.

Or kill me if you think you must, though you'll be wasting another turn, and eliminating 2 more players who could help find the bad guys. Not to mention reinforcing the concept of "guilty until proved innocent".

Xiahou
03-06-2007, 06:57
Or kill me if you think you mustI'll volunteer to do him in. This round has been going on for ages.

You've been quiet.....Yeah, I've been busy trying to get my brand new (and apparently broken) computer to work. I've been reading, but not really much to add.

sapi
03-06-2007, 09:09
While I think that the way kukri is acting is suspicious, there is sound logic buried somewhere in there...maybe :beam:

Why hasn't the cop revealed, or is he dead already?

HughTower
03-06-2007, 11:10
The Cop isn't dead - his role would have been announced on death.

Kukri surely is now No. 1 suspect for goon. He has previously agreed in this thread to the system we have in place for weeding out the Mafia, & he has been nominated by Ichigo to be the town's killer. He has then stalled his decision making by asking for analysis from the town which we have given him & now he is declining to kill someone on the grounds that he does not have sufficient evidence. Kukri, the act of killing someone gives us evidence about you, &, in death, we find out the role of the victim - it is an intelligence gathering act in itself & not a waste.

He has also asked the Cop to reveal himself - it is therefore logical to assume that he is not the Cop. Therefore, if he will not daykill, & he is not the Cop, then he must be the GOON.:smash:

Next Steps

Kukri proves me wrong by choosing to kill someone. Shall we say you have a 24 hour deadline from now?
If Kukri doesn't kill, then Xiahou should kill Kukri.(NB if Kukri is the Goon, then it really doesn't matter who does the killing anymore).

sapi
03-06-2007, 11:15
Agreed.

:yes:

KukriKhan
03-06-2007, 17:34
You guys don't leave much wiggle room.

I've been trying to keep the Goon off my back by playing the innocent, wide-eyed townie; but you force my hand.

I'm the Cop.

HughTower
03-06-2007, 18:50

I've been trying to keep the Goon off my back by playing the innocent, wide-eyed townie; but you force my hand.

I'm the Cop.

:laugh4: There's not a lot of wiggle room in this game.

So please can you reveal the results of your investigations.

Crazed Rabbit
03-06-2007, 19:38

I'm the Cop.

Our luck, eh?

Well assuming no one counter claims, I assume you have a list of innocents. DON'T post it publically, at least not yet. The mafia will kill them and you, instead of just you.

Send it instead to one of the townies who has been offed. They can suggest a person to kill and one to be killed.

Crazed Rabbit

KukriKhan
03-06-2007, 20:21
Check.

PM sent.

Csargo
03-06-2007, 21:03
Alright then how about CR kills Sir Boo.

Crazed Rabbit
03-06-2007, 21:30
NO!
We know Sapi can kill people already.

Choose someone else to do the killing if you can.

CR

Csargo
03-06-2007, 21:32
NO!
We know Sapi can kill people already.

Choose someone else to do the killing if you can.

CR

You then.

Caius
03-06-2007, 21:36

I'm the Cop.
You little liar, im the true cop

Ichigo was innocent
UltraWar is innocent
Kukri, why did you lied?I cant believe that

Kill Kukri

HughTower
03-06-2007, 22:39
My instinct is to believe CF's claim & not Kukri's.

Remember Kukri asked for the Cop to reveal himself earlier & then claimed it was him when pushed. Also remember CF's claim that Ultrawar was innocent from much earlier.

Now, we've found the Goon & the Cop, it doesn't matter who we use to kill - it's irrelevant. Townies, we still have to be patient in deciding this.

Did any (dead) townie receive a PM from Kukri listing his investigations?

Or, Kukri, who did you send it to?

KukriKhan
03-06-2007, 22:44
You little liar, im the true cop

Ichigo was innocent
UltraWar is innocent
Kukri, why did you lied?I cant believe that

Kill Kukri

Absolutely unbelieveable cheek. You came out clean in my second investigation - ergo, you = the Don.

PM went to Ichigo.

Csargo
03-06-2007, 22:46
My instinct is to believe CF's claim & not Kukri's.

Remember Kukri asked for the Cop to reveal himself earlier & then claimed it was him when pushed. Also remember CF's claim that Ultrawar was innocent from much earlier.

Now, we've found the Goon & the Cop, it doesn't matter who we use to kill - it's irrelevant. Townies, we still have to be patient in deciding this.

Did any (dead) townie receive a PM from Kukri listing his investigations?

Or, Kukri, who did you send it to?

Yeah I did.

HughTower
03-06-2007, 22:52
Yeah I did.

And does it name as innocent anyone who is still alive?

Csargo
03-06-2007, 22:53
And does it name as innocent anyone who is still alive?

Yes

Crazed Rabbit
03-06-2007, 23:02
I'll do the killing.

But who to kill? Either Kukri or Cauis is lying.

I am inclined to lean towards Kukri's guilt. Cauis has exhibited earlier signs of being the cop, and only claimed after Kukri did, and Kukri did not say Cauis was guilty or do anything to cast suspicion on Cauis.

More discussion from the two beligerents.

Crazed Rabbit

HughTower
03-06-2007, 23:04
Who is it?

And then, do you think that the town should kill Kukri or CF first?

Csargo
03-06-2007, 23:06
Who is it?

And then, do you think that the town should kill Kukri or CF first?

I say Kukri. I have his investigations so if he's guilty then that's one less mafioso to deal with and if he's innocent I still have his investigations and we can kill CF.

Crazed Rabbit
03-06-2007, 23:08
Kill: KukriKhan

Let's see who you are.

Crazed Rabbit

Xiahou
03-06-2007, 23:10
I say Kukri. I have his investigations so if he's guilty then that's one less mafioso to deal with and if he's innocent I still have his investigations and we can kill CF.
Agreed.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-07-2007, 00:11
KukriKhan has been killed. He was the Mafia Goon.

It is now night.

It is now day.

Caius Flaminius has been killed. He was the Cop.

Proceed.

Ichigo
Ultrawar
Caius
Sir Boo
pevergreen
CountArach
Kukri
BK
CR
Xiahou
sapi
HughTower

The mafia win as soon as there are equal numbers of townie and mafia.

Crazed Rabbit
03-07-2007, 00:15
Sweet.

Too bad Cauis had to perish, but his investigative powers are not what's needed right now. We villagers have to figure out who the don is.

Who's still alive?

EDIT:
Ichigo - Dead Townie
Ultrawar
Caius - Dead Cop
Sir Boo
pevergreen - Dead Townie
CountArach - Dead Townie
Kukri - Dead Goon
BK
CR
Xiahou
sapi
HughTower -Dead Townie

I think that's it. So - Xiahou, you only agreed to offing Kukri after I had killed him. That seems a bit strange, doesn't it?

Crazed Rabbit

Csargo
03-07-2007, 00:19
Ichigo
Ultrawar
Caius
Sir Boo
pevergreen
CountArach
Kukri
BK
CR
Xiahou
sapi
HughTower

Hi Ichigo:

In the game, I've revealed that I'm the cop (which is the real reason I couldn't take up your offer to be a killer; I tried to stay undercover to avoid the Goon)..

CR recommended I PM someone already killed with the results of my investigations, so he (you) could recommend a good kill-candidate.

We've been thru 2 "days" in the game, so I've been able to investigate 2 players. I submitted queries on Sapi and Caius; both came up "clean".

It's your call, of course, on who to recommend be 'offed', but I suggest one of the non-posting lurkers (SirBoo, for example).

Cheers.

Kukri

p.s. Please let the game know that we talked, but don't reveal the investigation results, so the Goon & Don won't know how close we are/are not to finding them. Thanks.

Well he says sapi and Caius are innocent. He may have hidden the GF in those of the two sapi is the only one left alive. He's the one that killed me so I don't think that he's in a good light.

I think we could rule out Sir Boo's innocence here since he was going to be the scapegoat for Kukri. I'll have to read through this again but I think sapi is guilty.

KukriKhan
03-07-2007, 00:20
Well, that's almost a done deal then, as soon as Sasaki sees this.

deleted irrelevant text

Good Luck, chaps. See you on the other side.

:straightens his tie, refuses the blindfold, deeply inhales his last cigarette:

HughTower
03-07-2007, 00:25
Even better - the Mafia are not the brightest. They killed the one villager who couldn't kill them. Good work, town.

Right, Ichigo - who did Kukri say he investigated? Whoever he said was innocent & still alive, should be the next kill.

Also, let's not forget sapi's earlier suspicious behaviour.

EDIT: just seen Ichigo's reveal above. Definitely kill sapi. EDIT

Csargo
03-07-2007, 00:25
Are you mafia CR?

Csargo
03-07-2007, 00:26
Even better - the Mafia are not the brightest. They killed the one villager who couldn't kill them. Good work, town.

Right, Ichigo - who did Kukri say he investigated? Whoever he said was innocent & still alive, should be the next kill.

I agree sapi seems like he's the most likely to be GF.

Crazed Rabbit
03-07-2007, 00:30
Are you mafia CR?

I just killed the mafia goon. What do you think?

So, should I kill sapi now?

CR

HughTower
03-07-2007, 00:31
Are you mafia CR?

Very good.

CR, pls answer this before any further action is taken.

Csargo
03-07-2007, 00:31

CR

I'de really like you to answer my question :mean: Then I'll answer.

HughTower
03-07-2007, 00:32

CR

I think you should answer the question directly.

Xiahou
03-07-2007, 00:33
Even better - the Mafia are not the brightest. They killed the one villager who couldn't kill them. Good work, town.That was a bit foolish of them wasn't it? :oops:

I too think sapi is a good choice- but if we're wrong, this one's going down to the wire.

Crazed Rabbit
03-07-2007, 00:47
I'd really like you to answer my question Then I'll answer.

:rolleyes: Fine, though this whole truth thing looks like it may be a pain in the butt.

Am I mafia? No, I'm not. Happy now?

Xiahou - why did you post to agree that it was a good idea to off Kukri only after I had killed him?

CR

Caius
03-07-2007, 00:52
Gah!Well, Bad move mr.Green.
It was obvious the mafia had to kill me.

Caius
03-07-2007, 01:02
Ichigo - Dead Townie
Ultrawar-Living Townie
Caius - Dead Cop
Sir Boo-
pevergreen - Dead Townie
CountArach - Dead Townie
Kukri - Dead Goon
BK-Unknown
CR-Unknown
Xiahou-Unknown
sapi-Unknown-Possibly GF or a try to frame Sapi
HughTower -Dead Townie

GeneralHankerchief
03-07-2007, 01:04
Mmph, I've been lurking through this and now I wish I had joined. Ah well.

Good luck, mafia. :bow:

Csargo
03-07-2007, 01:04
Ichigo - Dead Townie
Ultrawar-Living Townie
Caius - Dead Cop
Sir Boo-
pevergreen - Dead Townie
CountArach - Dead Townie
Kukri - Dead Goon
BK-Unknown
CR-Unknown
Xiahou-Unknown
sapi-Unknown-Possibly GF or a try to frame Sapi
HughTower -Dead Townie

Thanks Captain Obvious. :beam:

I do believe it's sapi so we should just kill him and get it over with. It's either him or Xiahou, but Xiahou doesn't seem guilty to me.

KukriKhan
03-07-2007, 01:06

You guys better guess right. With 4 remaining townies, one more day cycle will put the godfather even with the town population, if you're wrong.

but hey... no pressure. :laugh4:

Crazed Rabbit
03-07-2007, 01:43
*piles more dirt on Kukri's grave*
Quiet, yous!

Six remain - five townies. Two will die in the next phase, leaving 4 remaining, and three townies (or a townie win).

So we have two chances for this.

I'm still waiting on the answer from my question to Xiahou.

These are the possible suspects:
BK
Xiahou
sapi

I'm leaning towards Xiahou and Sapi right now, but I want BK to get on here and defend himself.

Crazed Rabbit

KukriKhan
03-07-2007, 02:00
https://jimcee.homestead.com/sloth.jpg

I wuz always sucky at riff-ma-tik. Must be the uneven number of teef.

Csargo
03-07-2007, 02:56
https://jimcee.homestead.com/sloth.jpg

I wuz always sucky at riff-ma-tik. Must be the uneven number of teef.

AHHHHHH! :no:

Csargo
03-07-2007, 03:04
*piles more dirt on Kukri's grave*
Quiet, yous!

Six remain - five townies. Two will die in the next phase, leaving 4 remaining, and three townies (or a townie win).

So we have two chances for this.

I'm still waiting on the answer from my question to Xiahou.

These are the possible suspects:
BK
Xiahou
sapi

I'm leaning towards Xiahou and Sapi right now, but I want BK to get on here and defend himself.

Crazed Rabbit

Kill Xiahou he's the only possible person on your list if it isn't him then it's you. Since sapi and BK haven't been on since 6 am and 9 am my time Central Standard time. And the kills were posted at 6pm. Kill Xiahou.

Crazed Rabbit
03-07-2007, 04:12
Did you read the starting post? The mafia gives Sasaki a list of players to choose from to kill, so he can just pick from the list and have the mafia kill someone immediately as the execution is posted.

Crazed Rabbit

Csargo
03-07-2007, 05:15
Did you read the starting post? The mafia gives Sasaki a list of players to choose from to kill, so he can just pick from the list and have the mafia kill someone immediately as the execution is posted.

Crazed Rabbit

Must have missed that.

Edit:I'm still inclined to believe it's sapi or Xiahou.

Xiahou
03-07-2007, 06:24
Well, knowing myself to be innocent, I can't in good conscience let the town kill me and jeopardize a townie victory. :shrug:

I'll either be a hero or a jerk after this. :laugh4:

kill:sapi

Sasaki Kojiro
03-07-2007, 07:34
Sapi has been killed. He was the Godfather.

Ichigo
Ultrawar
Caius
Sir Boo
pevergreen
CountArach
Kukri
BK
CR
Xiahou
sapi
HughTower

Town Victory!

Xiahou
03-07-2007, 08:21
You know, for awhile I thought I should play ball and try to talk it out with people... Then I thought, wtf? I know I'm innocent- I don't have to convince anyone when I can take matters into my own hands. :2thumbsup:

Good game town!

CountArach
03-07-2007, 08:29
lol, good call Xiahou.

The overall game Sasaki was alright. It was a bit different in that it removed a huge component of the Mafia games (The voting system). The Kill system was alright but I think was very mafia-slanted in that they could jsut kill the confirmed townies.

ByzantineKnight
03-07-2007, 09:15
Yay, we won!

Sry for not being more active...

Congrats to the mafia/townies that posted!!

pevergreen
03-07-2007, 10:30
yay! I won :laugh4:

HughTower
03-07-2007, 11:12
Well done town & gg, Sasaki. I see you chose your mod colleagues to slaughter us.

One point I was worried about at the end there, was if sapi had been online, he could have gone on a killing spree of nightkill followed by daykill etc. until all was dead. Providing Sasaki was online, it would have taken about 5 mins.

Fortunately, he wasn't online. :beam:

Oh, & CR, I think Ichigo was just having a giggle when he asked whether you were Mafia (given that Mafia VI is fresh in the mind and all), but your outraged reaction of not actually answering the question was the most suspicious thing you'd done all game!

sapi
03-07-2007, 12:12
Nice work guys - I was actually planning the killing spree hugh suggested but rl interfered :(

If only i'd be online, i could have warned kukri not to mention me in his investigation.

Clearing me is what signed my warrant, and unfortunately i wasn't going to be able to stop this in time anyway :laugh4:

Nice work town :bow:

KukriKhan
03-07-2007, 13:24
gg everyone! :bow:

After Ichigo picked me as a killer, as his payback for volunteering to take one for the team, I found myself in a pickle. After feigning going along with the town for 100 posts, I had to figure out some way to avoid suspicion, and get someone else picked for killer duty.

BOLD-FACED LIE, seemed the only option. I got the feeling that some townies bought my act, even without a Cop-appointment PM as proof. But all it did was save my hide for 1 turn.

I kept seeing Sasaki on line, but not sapi, who might have been able to pull off a couple more gratuitous daykills - but as he reports: rl interfered.

FWIW, telling that LIE was a difficult task; in rl I don't have a good poker-face, so my friends don't include me in any practical jokes usually - cuz I'll slip up and giggle at the wrong time.

Anyway: good job of anlysis you guys; even without Ichigo's premature/random pick of me as killer, you'd have had me pegged in another turn or 2, and you already suspected sapi.

sapi
03-07-2007, 13:37
It's definitely an interesting form of mafia though - in a normal game kukri and I would have been able to hold on for days as you debated :laugh4:

kukri - that's the great thing about the internet - they have no way to tell that you're lieing except for using logic, and that certainly makes things far more interesting :beam:

Crazed Rabbit
03-07-2007, 19:44
Good job Xiahou! Thanks Sasaki for the game.

And good game everyone.

Oh, & CR, I think Ichigo was just having a giggle when he asked whether you were Mafia (given that Mafia VI is fresh in the mind and all), but your outraged reaction of not actually answering the question was the most suspicious thing you'd done all game!

Well, I can't fall back on the truth all the time. I didn't think that my reaction was really being outraged at Ichigo. But I'll keep that in mind...

Crazed Rabbit

Sasaki Kojiro
03-07-2007, 20:01
Was interesting. I think sapi was a little overeager on his kill. The "choose who kills" strategy was a good one.

Caius
03-07-2007, 20:27
Well, this cant be won, thank to you, mr Kukri.

Oh, and those ugly new avatars are...ugly

UltraWar
03-07-2007, 21:01
One mafia game which I live through :2thumbsup:

Csargo
03-07-2007, 21:50
Good job townies!!

HughTower
03-07-2007, 21:55
Well, I can't fall back on the truth all the time. I didn't think that my reaction was really being outraged at Ichigo. But I'll keep that in mind...

Crazed Rabbit

It wasn't your reaction (maybe 'startled' or ' shocked' rather than 'outraged'?), it was the wording of your answer. It looked like a very deliberate non-answer, if you know what I mean.

Not that it matters, it was just amusing. :beam:

KukriKhan
03-07-2007, 22:06
Well, this cant be won, thank to you, mr Kukri.

Oh, and those ugly new avatars are...ugly

No offense taken, I hope Caius? I certainly never intended such.

The cop role was so quiet, that I actually thought it was Ultrawar or Sir Boo, the low-posters in the game, not you (which was why I threw your name out as a falsely-cleared townie; I never suspected it (the Cop) was you). Another bad guess on my part.

Anyone have a critique on how I could/should have played my role better, or smarter?

Csargo
03-07-2007, 22:13

The cop role was so quiet, that I actually thought it was Ultrawar or Sir Boo, the low-posters in the game, not you (which was why I threw your name out as a falsely-cleared townie; I never suspected it (the Cop) was you). Another bad guess on my part.

Anyone have a critique on how I could/should have played my role better, or smarter?

Well you shouldn't have put sapi's name in your PM to me. That was the only thing I can think you did wrong.

Caius
03-07-2007, 22:24
No offense taken, I hope Caius
No man, we thank you.Im not offended.

You should had said Innocent and not clean.Well, you wont know how Sasaki told me if someone is innocent

Not Sure :D
Joke.When you are mafia, you should find an accusation to kill someone.But we cant killed in the day.That was wrong, and I was going to suggest to kill CR.He send an accusation to UW, who Sasaki told me was innocent.I did a mistake.I revealed sooner, and without the goon name.So I was the next.Altough you made a good PM, if the cop was a lurker the mafia should had win.Other thing you can do is Say:
Caius and Sir Boo are clean, i was going to investigate sapi.
So, Sir Boo lynched, and maybe a good mafia victory

Cheers

CF

HughTower
03-07-2007, 22:53

CF had leaked his Cop role earlier (& he wasn't under pressure at the time).

When asked to be the shooter, you stalled for analysis, then claimed that it wasn't right to kill someone without proper evidence & asked the Cop to reveal, then revealed yourself as the Cop. It goes, without saying, that your inconsistency meant you weren't very believable. You needed to reveal loud & proud, straight off the bat, if you were to have any chance at all.

In hindsight, I think the best option (after Ichigo had named you as the shooter) for you & sapi would have been to co-ordinate simultaneous night & daykills till you had won. All you needed was SK to be watching - and I'm sure you could have forewarned him - & you would have killed us all in a few minutes flat.

That would have been quite cool.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-07-2007, 23:45
It would, of course, have relied on my cooperation...

KukriKhan
03-07-2007, 23:47
Excellent points, all. Thanks fellas! :thumbsup:

GeneralHankerchief
03-07-2007, 23:50
Kukri:

The one thing you failed at was you put sapi as an innocent. Mistake. If you're mafia and you claim Detective, don't put any read at all on your Godfather. That way you keep everyone guessing. Ichigo should really have known that, he was a Godfather in that exact scenario which I listed above.

(of course now that I've made it public, nobody will do it now :tongue:)

Good game, everyone. :bow:

Crazed Rabbit
03-08-2007, 00:22
That was wrong, and I was going to suggest to kill CR.He send an accusation to UW, who Sasaki told me was innocent.I did a mistake.I revealed sooner, and without the goon name.
CF

You know, I didn't know Ultrawar was innocent - I was trying to get some discussion going.

It looked like a very deliberate non-answer, if you know what I mean.

Yup, I did kind of intend to do that.

When asked to be the shooter, you stalled for analysis, then claimed that it wasn't right to kill someone without proper evidence & asked the Cop to reveal, then revealed yourself as the Cop. It goes, without saying, that your inconsistency meant you weren't very believable. You needed to reveal loud & proud, straight off the bat, if you were to have any chance at all.
Ditto.

Sapi was a little too eager on the killing.

of course now that I've made it public, nobody will do it now
Or they will, because noone expects them too, but we might expect them to not expect us to know that, so they wouldn't do it, so we'd...

Crazed Rabbit

sapi
03-08-2007, 07:56
Yeh - I didnt' play this one very well at all :laugh4:

The other thing I was considering (and i didnt' go ahead with for obvious reasons) was killing kukri and then co-ordinating the kills the next day.

The time difference between our locations meant that it would never have worked with both of us involved :(