PDA

View Full Version : Narnia total war

Ossie The Great
02-23-2007, 16:35
Hi i want to start a mod ( for rtw ) on narnia i just wonderd how many people would be intrested

I would also need quite a lot of help because this would be my first mod

i made a list of fractions

Imperial Narnia
Desrert Tribesmen
Calormenes
Royal Narnia
Archland
Telmaries
House Of Harfang

but like i said i would need some people to help out

please pm me if you want to help

Judge
02-23-2007, 19:14
in the Narnia wasnt it alot of animals fighting too??

Murfios
02-23-2007, 19:14
Has been suggested, it died in it's early age.

Ossie The Great
02-23-2007, 19:34
after a long thought i Think i will leave this idea for a while ..........
:thinking2:

but it would be good for someone else to take up the idea
i think it would be the best mod ever

Ossie The Great
02-24-2007, 13:28
after an even longer thought i think i might as well try
:thinking2:

so does anyone want to help

Murfios
02-27-2007, 22:43
Make it for Medieval II then, since interest is being lost in Rome, and this mod may take three or four years to finish.

Lord Cazaric
02-28-2007, 06:04
That would be just plain weird.

But, oscarreeve, may I ask: what is a drawf? Is that like some kind of confused dwarf?

Xehh II
02-28-2007, 08:07
I have to agree with Lord Cazaric

Caerfanan
02-28-2007, 10:21
But, oscarreeve, may I ask: what is a drawf? Is that like some kind of confused dwarf?

Drawf is a shortcut meant for "drunken dwarf". :sweatdrop:

Lord Cazaric
02-28-2007, 20:26
Or perhaps a dwarf wearing only drawers? Now, that'd be a sight...one hundred little men wearing only underpants charging at you with axes waving wildly in their hands...:help:

Xehh II
02-28-2007, 20:29
That would be funny.

Ossie The Great
03-04-2007, 19:44
A dwarf is a drawf when
i can't spell propally :sorry:

I have started work on narnia total war it is for rtw 1.5 then i will port it up to mtw2 when it is all finished :grin:

so is anyone intrested in helping out

Murfios
03-07-2007, 00:52
Can you model and skin?

Ossie The Great
03-07-2007, 12:00
https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/Murfios/FActionIconnarnaisword-1.jpgTelmarines-Located to the west of Narnia, Telmar was a land colonized first by men of Calormen 300 years after the creation of Narnia; where it is in relation to the Western Waste to Narnia's immediate west is unclear, however. The inhabitants purportedly found their way to a then-leaderless Narnia after "a great famine.". More importantly, it is also the site of a 'chink' that leads from Earth to Narnia. Six pirates and their wives from our world were shipwrecked and fell through this gap into Telmar, producing lines of proud, warlike descendants, the Telmarines. These are the Telmarines who eventually invade Narnia, at the time in disorder, after a famine in their own land and attempt to rid the country of its magic. It is from this line of Telmarines that Prince Caspian (later King Caspian X) is descended.

The story of the pirates, mentioned at the end of Prince Caspian, is apparently based on the factual historical account of the mutiny aboard the HMS Bounty[citation needed]. It is not clear how, if this is so, the Telmarines would have a Northern European appearance, as is often assumed. However, even though Lewis refers to earlier Narnian humans and Archenlanders, "Northerners", as being light-skinned, the Telmarines (who invaded after earlier Narnian kings disappeared and presumably would have strong Polynesian ancestry) are never referred to as such.

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/Murfios/FActionIconnarnai.jpgRoyal Narnia - With the return of Queen Jadis Royal Narnia boundaries are now weaker than ever, With the native narnians fleeing royal narnia has been left to stand up against Imperial Narnia. But queen Jadis has not mad the mistake she made last time, this time she brought an army from the wild lands of the north. Now all Royal Narnia can hope that will happen is that archland will declare war on Imperial Narnia, or Aslan might return.

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/Murfios/FActionIcon.jpgCalormene-Calormene is an empire in the south of the world of Narnia. Most of the country has a semi-arid climate, and its most notable geographic features are a volcano known as the Flaming Mountain of Lagour, and the Great Desert. The Great Desert is in the northern part of the country, and the difficulty of crossing this desert prevented aggressive Calormene governments from invading Archenland and Narnia for centuries.
The cultural centre of Calormen is the River of Calormen, which flows from west to east along the south side of the Great Desert. The capital city is Tashbaan, located on an island in the river's delta. River of Calormen is bordered for much of its length by farmland and wealthy communities. The city of Azim Balda, located at a crossroads in the heart of the country, is a major hub for travel and communications

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.calormen.com/Calormen/map.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.calormen.com/Calormen/calormen.htm&h=252&w=181&sz=17&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=vIACD1DxjnVjCM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=80&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcalormen%2Bmap%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DISO-8859-1

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/Murfios/FActionIconnarnaijadis.jpgImperial Narnia - Jadis (French, 'formerly', 'in the past'; also Turkish, 'witch', spelled cadı) is the last scion of the royal house of Charn; she is also said (in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) to be descended from Adam's first wife, Lilith, and to have both Jinn and Giant blood in her veins. According to the Beavers, she has no human blood at all, although she has the appearance of a very tall human woman. When Jadis first entered Narnia on its creation she was banished to the north by Aslan where she spent one thousand years in exile. By the time she had taken over Narnia she had an army of followers that she had obtained during her time in the north.
Queen Jadis Has now returned to narnia and with an army, Quickly she is rulling half of narnia and with a much stronger force her threats are no longer Royal Narnia but a fraction to the south known as Calormens

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/Murfios/FActionIconmoun.jpgArchenland
Archenland is the first country to the south of Narnia. It is a land of many mountains. Its border to Narnia is made up of a chain of mountains, there only being one pass to Narnia through it. The border to Calormen is much the same. On this border there is a unique mountian called Mt. Pire which has a double peak. It is said to be the remains of a two-headed giant turned to stone by Fair Olivin. Also, there is a pass to Telmar through the mountains to the west. The last mountain to mention is Stormness Head. A mountian sometimes plagued with storms, it is located near the shore of the Eastern Ocean. Here is where Prince Corin boxed the Lapsed Bear of Stormness Head.
Anvard is the castle where the king of Archenland resides, and also the only place of inhabitance mentioned in Archenland. A little bit south of here, near the pass into Calormen, lives the Hermit of the South March. A kind, old, and wise man he is. His hermitage consists of a lush, green lawn with a house and a circular wall. In this lawn is a special pool used by the hermit to see things far and wide.

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/Murfios/FActionIconnarnaiidiotbear-1.jpgHouse Of Hawfang
Forming its independence only a decade ago. This giant clan is surronded in natrual resources making them rich in trade and helping there population to grow rapidlly.
In battle the giants are feared through out Narnia du to there strength and superb armour. The House of hawfang is a rapidlly growind power located in the wild lands of the Nourth and allid with the Telmaries this faction can only go south and into Narnia

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/Murfios/FActionIconlastshit.jpgDesert Tribes Men
Found in the great desert of calormene, the desert tribesmen are an ancient culture. Never fully leaving the calormen power. The desert tribesmen are treding on thin ice as calormen are ploting against them.
Is this the end for this fragile and ancient culture

Sorry, my english is not very good so there will probally be lots of spelling mistakes

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 17:43
I will be posting regular updates and news here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...72#post1456472

untill i get a sub forum sorted out

caravel
03-08-2007, 18:12
In terms of religion, I suppose you have Aslan and Tash to build shrines to? I would rename "King Peter's Army" as simply "the Narnians". Who are the "old Narnians"? Surely the new Narnians were the Telmarines? I would also scrap the dwarf factions, as they either served one side or the the other and didn't operate independently. As I see it you have the potential for only four or five major factions in the mod:

Narnians
Narnian Empire of Jadis
Calormenes
Telmarines

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 18:18
In terms of religion, I suppose you have Aslan and Tash to build shrines to? I would rename "King Peter's Army" as simply "the Narnians". Who are the "old Narnians"? Surely the new Narnians were the Telmarines? I would also scrap the dwarf factions, as they either served one side or the the other and didn't operate independently. As I see it you have the potential for only four or five major factions in the mod:

Narnians
Narnian Empire of Jadis
Calormenes
Telmarines

hi
i can remeber reading the books and it said dwarfs were for dwarfs. and the old narnias are the native narnians who were there since the day go but were conqured so many times,

UltraWar
03-08-2007, 19:43
This mod would be interesting to see pulled off...

Edit: Fix the link please

caravel
03-08-2007, 19:52
hi
i can remeber reading the books and it said dwarfs were for dwarfs. and the old narnias are the native narnians who were there since the day go but were conqured so many times,
The dwarfs were indeed very "mercenary" but the point I'm making is that there were no dwarf lands, no dwarf kingdom, no dwarf king and they were not really organised into any kind of military force. The closest the dwarfs came to revolting was in the Last Battle where there was a small band of them that had some difficulty choosing sides.

What you refer to as the "old Narnians" are the True Narnians, that is the Narnians of Aslan under the High King Peter and his successors. The Narnians were only conquered twice. The first time by Jadis, then by the Telmarines, who became absorbed into Narnia (the New Narnians). You cannot really represent the New Narnians as such, as this would involve losing the old Narnian faction. The Old Narnians never returned but continued under the Telmarine Kings, or more specifically the descendants of King Caspian.

This is why I suggested the faction line up that is in my previous post, it gives you the most possibilities and is fairly accurate to the books.

For the make up of your armies you would need a lot of animals, satyrs, fauns, centaurs, dwarfs etc as the bulk of the Narnian faction, with few units of men available. I would say the generals' cavalry only would be human. For Jadis' faction you would need various dwarfs, hags, wolves, minotaurs etc. The Telmarines and Calormenes would be entirely human, the former of the western european type and the latter of the arabic type. :2cents:

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 20:17
I aggre with every thing you said

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 20:21
some art work from Joe Reeve ( my brother ) of a minatour

https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/minatour.jpg

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 20:24
This mod would be interesting to see pulled off...

Edit: Fix the link please

I can not just search narnia on wikepidia

Martok
03-09-2007, 01:25
Nice sketch by your brother, oscarreeve. :2thumbsup:

I'm not saying you should, but you could also add another faction: Archenland. Located south of Narnia between the mountain range which formed the border between the two kingdoms (can't remember its name off-hand) and the Great Desert, they were Narnia's longtime ally.

They were mostly human, and would have more of the typical unit roster of medieval Western Europe: your standard cavalry, archers, etc. In fact, you might even want to consider replacing the Telmarines with the Archenlanders, as that would make a little more sense, continuity-wise.

caravel
03-09-2007, 11:07
Nice sketch by your brother, oscarreeve. :2thumbsup:

I'm not saying you should, but you could also add another faction: Archenland. Located south of Narnia between the mountain range which formed the border between the two kingdoms (can't remember its name off-hand) and the Great Desert, they were Narnia's longtime ally.

They were mostly human, and would have more of the typical unit roster of medieval Western Europe: your standard cavalry, archers, etc. In fact, you might even want to consider replacing the Telmarines with the Archenlanders, as that would make a little more sense, continuity-wise.
I had thought of Archenland as more of a vassal state, which they were. But of course they could be represented as a faction, which would be very agreeable. Personally I would keep the Telmarines in also, just for the sake of having more distinct factions. I also think they would add a new dimension to the campaign, threatening Narnia from the north west.

There is little mentioned of the Telmarines arms arms and armour, though it would appear to be somewhat similar to the Narnian nobility's (of the western european feudal type. I would say that they would need a lot of men at arms, archers, spearmen and heavy cavalry. I would try to avoid "knights" as such, but go for more fuedal looking cavalry and infantry. There is no mention of mounted knights in the books, though horsemen are mentioned. In fact any fighting seems to have been mainly on foot. The narnian humans in particular would have fought mostly on foot.

The Calormenes are noted as riding through the desert, but then when the fighting starts they are on foot. This is unusual. Personally I would model the Calormenes, "seljuk" in their appearance and as mainly light cavalry, with cataphract types for the generals. I would also include some spearmen, swordsmen and light skirmishers.

For Archenland, I would give them better cavalry than the Telmarines and Narnians, including horse archers, but lacking in spearmen and infantry. They are after all a mountain/steppe people and in the book The Horse and His Boy are noted to be mainly on horseback.

To summarise using MTW1 terms:

Narnians = Unique, though with royal cavalry similar to the catholic factions

Narnians of the Empire of Jadis = Unique

Calmormenes = A very "Saracen" faction, like the Turks, with equivalents of Saracen infantry, Turcoman Horse, Foot Soldiers, Ghulam Cavalry and Khwarazmian Cavalry etc.

Telmarines = Like a an early era Catholic faction, with a very Norman feel about them

Archenlanders = As above though with better cavalry and horse archers. Slightly more eastern or byzantine in their appearance perhaps.

Ossie The Great
03-09-2007, 14:14
I had thought of Archenland as more of a vassal state, which they were. But of course they could be represented as a faction, which would be very agreeable. Personally I would keep the Telmarines in also, just for the sake of having more distinct factions. I also think they would add a new dimension to the campaign, threatening Narnia from the north west.

There is little mentioned of the Telmarines arms arms and armour, though it would appear to be somewhat similar to the Narnian nobility's (of the western european feudal type. I would say that they would need a lot of men at arms, archers, spearmen and heavy cavalry. I would try to avoid "knights" as such, but go for more fuedal looking cavalry and infantry. There is no mention of mounted knights in the books, though horsemen are mentioned. In fact any fighting seems to have been mainly on foot. The narnian humans in particular would have fought mostly on foot.

The Calormenes are noted as riding through the desert, but then when the fighting starts they are on foot. This is unusual. Personally I would model the Calormenes, "seljuk" in their appearance and as mainly light cavalry, with cataphract types for the generals. I would also include some spearmen, swordsmen and light skirmishers.

For Archenland, I would give them better cavalry than the Telmarines and Narnians, including horse archers, but lacking in spearmen and infantry. They are after all a mountain/steppe people and in the book The Horse and His Boy are noted to be mainly on horseback.

To summarise using MTW1 terms:

Narnians = Unique, though with royal cavalry similar to the catholic factions

Narnians of the Empire of Jadis = Unique

Calmormenes = A very "Saracen" faction, like the Turks, with equivalents of Saracen infantry, Turcoman Horse, Foot Soldiers, Ghulam Cavalry and Khwarazmian Cavalry etc.

Telmarines = Like a an early era Catholic faction, with a very Norman feel about them

Archenlanders = As above though with better cavalry and horse archers. Slightly more eastern or byzantine in their appearance perhaps.

I hav been thinking I might Take out the united Dwarfs and put the black dwarfs on Jadis army and the red dwarfs on Peters army and i think i will add the archlanders

here is anothere sketch From Joe Reeve

https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/BlackDwarf.jpg

A black Dwarf

Lord Cazaric
03-09-2007, 22:16
I'd advise you not to put in King Peter's Noble Body Guards, or Edmund's Elite Swordsmen. At least, change their name.

In MTW, you never see any units with their captain's name in their unit name. For example, you'd have kataphraktoi guarding Emperor Constantine IV, but not Emperor Constantine IV's Kataphraktoi.

Ossie The Great
03-10-2007, 19:23
I'd advise you not to put in King Peter's Noble Body Guards, or Edmund's Elite Swordsmen. At least, change their name.

In MTW, you never see any units with their captain's name in their unit name. For example, you'd have kataphraktoi guarding Emperor Constantine IV, but not Emperor Constantine IV's Kataphraktoi.

:grin: :thumbsup:

caravel
03-10-2007, 20:04
Some ideas for unit names:

Calmormene Cavalry
A fast medium type

Calormene Taarkans
The best elite (heavy) cavalry available to the Calormenes.

Calormene Foot Soldiers
Elite Heavy Spearmen

Calormene Skirmishers
Lightly armoured, armed with bow and sword, poor morale peasant levies

Tisroc's Bodyguard
Small Elite Heavy Cavalry unit

Telmarine Infantry
Medium armoured Spearmen

Telmarine Guardsmen
Heavy Infantry with polearms

Telmarine Archers
Basic archers

Telmarine Cavalry
A basic light cavalry, dark ages or feudal western european in appearance as with other Telmarine units.

Archenlander Royal Cavalry
Bodyguard unit of medium cavalry

Archenlander Cavalry
Medium cavalry with sword and bow

Warriors of Archenland
Levied Soldiers, armed with spears, and short swords

Narnian Royal Cavalry
Bodyguard unit of medium cavalry

Narnian Centaurs
Centaurs should always be faster than horses, but unarmoured. Their speed and attack would be better than their armour and defense when compared to cavalry. (try to avoid armoured centaurs if you can, the centaurs would have disdained the use of armour, or even clothing, a buckler may be acceptable.)

Narnian Centaur Archers
As above, with bows

Dwarven Infantry
Solid, very defensive with round shields and axes.

Satyrs
I think these would need to be the Narnians Slingers, light and fast moving

Leopards, Lions, etc
These sorts of animals would need to be a lot more than attack dog clones, as they'de be thinking, and speaking beasts. They would behave like a normal unit. I suppose they would need to be a "cavalry" type. I would put the Leopards below the centaur though, and the Lions above. The Lions would probably have to be the best "cavalry", though in smaller numbers.

Black Dwarf Infantry
Solid, very defensive with round shields and axes, worse morale than other dwarfs, though better armour.

Hags
Finally you can do something with the the German Screeching women's screaming battlecry! They would be armed with knives only and would operate in small units, they'd need to be quite nasty, and be able to hide in the grass.

Minotaurs, would have to be very tough, like facing elephants in battle but worse, they would have a chance of running amok. There armour and defense should be good to represent "no sense and no feeling".

Ossie The Great
03-10-2007, 21:39
:thumbsup:

Ossie The Great
03-10-2007, 22:28
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=214
here is our offical forum

Lord Cazaric
03-12-2007, 08:05
See? I can be helpful and serious!

Ossie The Great
04-27-2007, 17:34
Hi
This mod is now at serios work and i am planning to have a beta out as soon as possible anyway here are a few screen shots

Centaurs
https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/0007.jpg

Foot Knights
https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/templarpic.png

and archer's

https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/0005.jpg