PDA

View Full Version : Some Things Never Change: A KH AAR

Griever14206
02-24-2007, 06:38
This is the placeholder post for my AAR featuring the Koinon Hellenon. This will be told from the point of a series of royal historians (as I'm bad at writing dialogue) featuring 1st person accounts of battles from individual soldiers.

The first update will come shorty as I have already begun the campaign. I however pulled a dummy and managed to get 0 screenshots of my first battle, so we will simply start off following the liberation of Korinthos.

As for rules, as the title indicates, this will be old-school style Greek armies. That means LOTS of Hoplites, with few skirmishers and calvary. I really enjoy the pre-roman time Greek history, and find the idea of a dying warrior ideal returning to prominence to be very interesting.

I will play this campaign on VH/M. Battle time limit will be instituted, as well as the ability to manage all settlements. I have researched some battle accounts of several 4th century BC Greek battles (mostly with the Persians) and have a fairly good idea of what the armies should look like. Can't be that hard, as it seems most of them are simply Hoplites with the occasional regional hoplites (Spartan, Masillian etc.) Should be bucket loads of fun. This is of course an EB .81 campaign.