PDA

View Full Version : KotR Duchy of Swabia

Ignoramus
02-26-2007, 11:31
https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4027/warlustervn4.png (https://imageshack.us)

Duchy of Swabia

My fellow Swabian electors, our Kaiser has graciously provided us and all other Duchies with quarters in the Diet. Please retire here to discuss plans and suggestions concerning Swabian interests.

Sigismund der Mutige, Count of Lorraine, Elector of Swabia.

Nobles of Swabia:

Duke Athalwolf von Salza - Duke of Swabia
Count Erhart Ruppel- Count of Helvatia
Count Ludwig von Bohmen - Count of Flanders
Andreas von Salzgitter

Electors of Swabia:

Duke Athalwolf von Salza - Second Elector of Swabia(Warluster)
Count Erhart Ruppel - Third Elector of Swabia, (FactionHeir)
Count Ludwig von Bohmen - Fourth Elector of Swabia,(deguerra)
Andreas von Salzgitter - Fifth Elector of Swabia (Zim)
Swabian Elector I - Sixth Elector of Swabia (Tristan de Castelreng)

Lands of Swabia:

Swabia - Capital: Staufen. Part of the ducal demesne of Athalwolf von Salza, Duke of Swabia.
Lorraine - Capital: Metz. The lands of , Count of Lorraine.
Helvetia - Capital: Bern. The lands of Erhart Ruppel, Count of Helvetia.
Burgundy - Capital: Dijon. Part of ducal demense of Athalwolf von Salza, Duke of Swabia,Count of Burgundy.
Champagne - Capital: Rheims. The lands of , Count of Champagne.
Flanders - Capital: Bruges The lands of Ludwig von Bohmen, Count of Flanders
Normandy - Capital: Caen Ducal Demense

Dukes of Swabia:
Prinz Henry: (1080 - 1170)
Ulrich I: (1178 - 1186)
Frederich I: (1200 - 1286)
Hans I: (1286 - 1330)
Athalwolf von Salza: (1330 - ?)

Counts of Lorraine:
Sigismund I: (1090 - 1142)
Judda I: (1142 - 1178)
Ulrich I: (1178 -1248)
Wolfgang I: (1248 - 1280)
Jens I: (1280 - 1282)

Counts of Burgundy:
Henry I: (1126 - 1140)
Jobst I: (1140 - 1246)
Athawolf I: (1280 - 1330)

Counts of Helvetia:
Henry I: (1106 - 1168)
Hans I: (1168 - 1330)
Erhart Ruppel: (1338 - ?)

Counts of Champagne:
Elberhard I: (1244 - 1308)

Counts of Flanders:
Ludwig von Bohmen: (1338 - ?)

Counts of Belgium:
Athalwolf von Salza - (1330 - ?)

Counts of Normandy:
Athalwolf von Salza - (1330 - ?)

https://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5070/swabiaai8.png (https://imageshack.us)

Warluster
02-27-2007, 07:00
OOC-Does evry house of HRE get a HQ?

IC-

Excellent! Absolutely splendid! Perfect! Excellontao!

Now to discussion!

As I was saying before, if we destroy one nation in Europe, we could install fear into peoples minds! What do my fellow Swabian Electors say?

Also- In battles, when we capture soldiers, I say this- If we are to capture over 1000 soldiers, we are to ransom them, if we capute less then 1000, we kill them? This is good by the fact is, if its for a nation we hate, they will hate us even more, and they will be scared of us! They will cower!

econ21
03-01-2007, 12:44
Fellow Swabians, I believe this talk of destroying other nations is premature. Given that we are at war with three other nations, and face three others on our borders, it is our Empire which is at risk of destruction. The loss of Bologna has shown that our first priority must be to secure our borders.

In the Diet, I have proposed that Houses be given more say in the defence of their realm. The immediate issue for Swabia is France. I believe should start giving thought to the force requirements in our provinces in the event of war with France. After the current crisis is over, we should also start to think about redeploying our own commands to the west - leaving North Italy to the Bavarians and perhaps the next Chancellor, if he wishes to focus efforts on that war zone.

Ignoramus
03-02-2007, 02:57
Prinz Henry speaks wisely, fellow Swabians. After the crisis of Italy has past, we must protect the western border of the Reich from the French. Our spies have reported that they have many men in mail and coif, and equally skilled as our own. We must be on the watch.

May I suggest that we seek to gain permission to seize Marseilles? Provence has always been part of the Reich until they defected to the French King. Perhaps they thought that puppet would be better equiped to protect them, I do not know. Anyway, it is a natural addition to Burgundy, and thus should be one of Swabia's goals in the future.

Warluster
03-02-2007, 04:11
If Swabia is allowed, I volunteer to take Maresilles.

econ21
03-02-2007, 23:12
Prinz Henry: The Diet will not support a war of aggression, not while we are still fighting three other wars. However, I fear war with France will come soon whether we will it or not.

We must look to our defences - we have three border settlements: Dijon, Bern and Metz. I suggest that we form a Swabian standing army based near Dijon. If we plan our location appropriately, we should be able to support small garrisons in each of the three border settlements. In the event of a French attack, we should be able to repel the French and then persuade the Chancellor to allow us to launch a counterstroke.

Marseilles is a possible target, but I wonder if it will overstretch our lines too much? Rheims seems a more logical choice - if taken, Metz would no longer border France and we would still have three border towns (Rheims, Dijon and Bern) that could be defended by a single standing army. Moreover Rheims is close to Paris, whose capture would be a severe blow to the French, and to the riches of Antwerp and Bruges.

I believe two of us at least should join a Swabian standing army. The third could serve in North Italy if the Chancellor requires. We can alternate command of the army to make sure all have opportunities to distinguish themselves.

We should give thought to the composition of a standing army. I believe a force of around 10 units plus generals would be authorised by a future Chancellor (more might be permitted if war breaks out).

I would suggest:

2 generals
2 knights (mounted sergeants at a pinch)
3 crossbows or archers
5 armoured sergeants

In time, we would aim to replace most of the armoured sergeants with swordsmen - when we have upgraded Staufen sufficiently to train them.

Warluster
03-02-2007, 23:24
hm, thta seems well enough. You have looked at what we can and could do, and the best way. but we also have to look at the consequnces.

The French obviously would be at war with us, but they also may have allies? DO they have any allies? If so we need to look into there positions and armies. We also need to know the location and size of the main French army, if there is any, and if there in a good spot to attack us.

If we take Rheims, I suggest setting up watchtowers around it, and possibly place a ambush in prepartaion of the counter attack???

But all up, it seems a good plan, now we just have to present that to the diet.

TevashSzat
03-04-2007, 13:11
I agree with econ21. The best defence is a good offence and when my recieve my avatar, I will gladly join any army that seeks to defend our western borders or attack the French

FactionHeir
03-04-2007, 21:02
I would suggest increasing the amount of cavalry by 1 or 2 units at the cost of armoured sergeants as spears are only of use against cavalry and generally are slow and weak troops.

Other than that I agree with Prince Henry and would also like to suggest that we consider diplomacy with the English to possibly force the French into a war at two fronts.

With a bit of luck, we may even be able to sell an alliance to the English and thus fill our coffers somewhat.

Ignoramus
03-05-2007, 06:18
Currently, only Swabia is loyal to the Kaiser. That raises some concern. I think we should concentrate on crushing Venice rather than the Poles. The Poles are not as wealthy as our Venetian foes, and thus are not as dangerous. I am sure that the Franconians can hold theri own against them.

econ21
03-05-2007, 09:58
I would suggest increasing the amount of cavalry by 1 or 2 units at the cost of armoured sergeants as spears are only of use against cavalry and generally are slow and weak troops.

OOC: I agree about effectiveness, but 4 cav (& 3 missiles) are the maxima allowed for a small army under our historical army rules. Hopefully the patch will give a boost to spears.

Other than that I agree with Prince Henry and would also like to suggest that we consider diplomacy with the English to possibly force the French into a war at two fronts.

With a bit of luck, we may even be able to sell an alliance to the English and thus fill our coffers somewhat.

In character: This is an interesting idea, Elector; I suggest you propose it as an Edict in the next Diet.

econ21
03-07-2007, 13:28
Prinz Henry: Count Sigismund, I have made a private address to you and our fellow Swabians at the facility that you have provided for us. However, perhaps our strategy against the French could more easily be discussed here or indeed in the Diet itself?

Your motion 5.11 is a little too aggressive for my taste - you will see that I have proposed an alternative for fellow Swabians to consider privately.

I realise the hour is late for you; perhaps we can discuss this after you have rested?

tripwirescars
03-20-2007, 06:18
I just wanted to say that I am proud to be the 7th elector of Swabia. I shall do my best to forward the glory of the Holy Roman Empire!

FactionHeir
03-20-2007, 11:14
Sent you a PM

econ21
03-26-2007, 08:18
OOC: Anyone want to second a House OOC Charter Ammendment to give the crusade extra movement points? factionheir: you suggested it, what would be the precise commands? Open console, select stack, right click and type Reset?

This would allow our crusade to move at the same speed as official ones and mean we could get to the Holy Land in 10 turns rather than the 20 or so TC indicated it will take.

Ignoramus
03-26-2007, 09:01
OOC:I am a bit dubious about doing that. If we move that quickly we won't have a chance to suffer troop shortages - something that would make a Crusade perfect.

What do you think, econ?

econ21
03-26-2007, 11:30
OOC: I've not found desertion to be a big problem with crusades; it normally only hits me when I head away from the target (e.g. sailing round north Spain, from Britain). I think TC said he crusaded by land (as England) without losing men.

The faster crusader movement idea would mainly be to cut in half the time we spend twiddling our thumbs. Taking longer would give the AI longer to build up, so I am not that concerned personally. Just factionheir did express some impatience in the OOC thread and a House amendment would be one way of dealing with that concern.

FactionHeir
03-26-2007, 12:07
OOC:
Not really impatience, but I figured that for those involved in the crusade, pretty much idling and without communication with the diet (you are far away) for 2 chancellor terms could be more or less boring, don't you think?

As for how to do it:
move selected character as far as you want.
open console typing:
character_reset "firstname lastname"
or if the character has a title or no last name
character_reset "firstname"
if the character has a double lastname (i.e. der stolze)
character_reset "firstname lastname1_lastname2"
for a captain led army
character_reset "Captain firstname"
for an admiral
character_reset "Admiral firstname"

Everything case sensitive as the name appears in game. special characters are replaced by standard ones, so that ö = o, ä = a, ' = _ etc.

The only issues would arise if a character had a title and his first name was very common among other exisiting characters who do not have a last name or the same first name and a title. Rather unlikely at this stage of the game. In that case, the wrong character regains the movement points (but those tend to be priests sitting around town anyway, so who cares :p)

After checking the cruade composition, you'd really only need:
character_reset "Maximillian Mandorf"
character_reset "Henry"
(hopefully that will trigger the HRE Henry and not the English Henry, but I've never had that problem and it wouldn't matter since we aren't fighting England at this stage and they get new movement points when their turn starts anyway)

econ21
03-26-2007, 12:16
Thanks, factionheir. Anyone else want to second such an ammendment? I need 2 Swabians behind me to propose it.

FactionHeir
03-26-2007, 12:17
I would second it :)

Ignoramus
03-26-2007, 12:42
I'll second it. I am also considering putting forward a proposal regarding the Crusade.

TevashSzat
03-27-2007, 02:08
Heck I'll second it too

FactionHeir
03-27-2007, 23:00
Are there any policies we should vote together on as a House, fellow electors?

Warluster
03-28-2007, 09:51
it seems not. Swabia has had a quiet spell of late. No one wishes to speak, but I ask, I am behind times in Dijon, and ask, are the french still in the pass to Bern, or are thye vanquished?

econ21
03-28-2007, 10:46
My understanding is that we have spotted a significant French army under the command of their Prinz, but it is north of Marseilles. As you are commander of the Household Army of Swabia, Count von Salza, I would advise you to regularly check on our situation (OOC: download savegames) throughout the next Diet. It looks like Duke Leopold will be elected Chancellor and it would be good to cooperate closely with him in the defence of our realm.

econ21
03-28-2007, 13:06
Ignoramus: your PM box is full. Please vote!

Warluster
04-04-2007, 10:53
The Reich mourns as the Great Kaiser Heinrich is dead, and the diet enters a time of mourning.

Rest In pEace Kaiser.

Nad long live Kaiser Henry, may your reign be wise and strong!

econ21
04-05-2007, 00:27
Kaiser Henry: Fellow Swabians, it is with regret that I take my leave of you. As Emperor, I can belong to no House but Swabia will always hold a special affection in my heart.

As I have explained in the Diet, I believe that acting as Duke and Prince may have compromised my ability to fully represent Swabia. Therefore, I think it is better if Prince Jobst remains Count of Dijon, rather than become Duke.

I am appointing Ulrich as Steward of Swabia until such a time as he can recapture Metz, which by rights is part of his wife's estate.

My son Hans, as my first born, is now the free hold Count of Staufen.

Ignoramus
04-05-2007, 07:44
Ulrich Hümmel:
Swabian electors, please retire to our meeting chambers where we can discuss the recent events.

econ21
04-05-2007, 10:45
Kaiser Henry: The Steward has reminded me that, as Swabia's capital, it cannot be given to a Count. Therefore, I appoint Hans to be Count of Bern instead of Staufen.

Ignoramus
04-20-2007, 13:55
Duke Ulrich:

I am saddened by the fact that dust now covers this once occupied chamber. Let us resume our discussions of the Swabians.

TevashSzat
04-21-2007, 02:27
Yes, it has seem that the diet has been relatively quiet this past week or so

Ignoramus
04-23-2007, 04:41
Fellow Swabians,

I have decided, after much deliberation, that I shall stand for the position of Chancellor.

I suggest we retire to our private chambers(Swabian forum) to discuss these matters privately.

econ21
05-14-2007, 23:18
A messenger from the Diet approaches the Duchy of Swabia: My Lords, the Kaiser requests that each Swabian please contact him privately stating who they wish to serve as Duke of Swabia.

[OOC: You can decide this collectively or e-mail me your private independent views. Ulrich and Prince Jobst are not ruled out.]

Warluster
05-15-2007, 07:21
I am just wondering mein Kaiser, why the position of DUke is now being,uh... offered? If I am wrong please correct me, but wasn't Friedrich DUke?

econ21
05-15-2007, 08:13
[Diet Speaker]: My Prince, Friedrich was proposed for the position of Duke but given the constitutional uncertainties, the Kaiser accepted him in the position of Steward only. He could certainly be promoted to Duke if that is the will of Swabia.

FactionHeir
05-15-2007, 14:33
OOC: Post #1 could use an update.

FactionHeir
05-16-2007, 15:56
*Hans servant enters the chambers, clearing his throat to draw attention*
Swabians, my master the Count of Bern and Governor of Acre would like to ask what Steward Scherer's plans are for the current diet session. Is there any legislature that needs support?
He also wishes to ask whether there are thoughts of expansion into French territory, and if so, he wishes to have Toulouse considered.

Warluster
05-16-2007, 22:30
I fully support Friedrich becoming DUke, as he has proved himself as a Steward.

I support Count Hans ideas of expanding into France. But I disagree with other parts.

Toulouse is heavily defended by the best France can offer, its probably protected better than the capital itself! If we try to take it, we will suffer huge losses, plus riots which we can't control as we have hardly any troops left, Then the French will try to take it with good troops from Angers.

Nay, I say a waste of time and lives. I say we strike near the open heart of france. It has been attempted before, but considered a revolt, why not propose to the DIet we take Rheims?

Of course, Toulouse isn't all bad, as we'd get good troops if we took it. We could attack then back it up with another army... uh! Not enough money!

Anyway,I propose an edict.

Edict x.x : That Swabia is allowed to conquer the settlement of either Rheims or Toulouse

TevashSzat
05-17-2007, 00:07
I have recently posted my orders for the Swabian army and we will make incursions within French territory during the next chancellor session. I hope to lead the assault and teach the French a thing or two about fighting.

I also with to make Ulrich the Count of Metz if anyone does not have any objections.

FactionHeir
05-17-2007, 02:35
Servant

With all respect my Prince, Toulouse may be heavily fortified but it certainly is not too well defended from what is gossiped. As it is a citadel, riots are more than unlikely due to only few people living there and most of them obedient peasants who care little about who their masters are.
It would also become one of our main rally points for further incursions into France and prevents them from building more fleets to attack our holdings in Italy as well as serve to isolate our Bavarian allies from the French threat.

These benefits certainly ought to be considered.

Also, I would not see why my master would object to the promotion of Hümmel who retired his Ducal title to Scherer. It is most appropriate.

TevashSzat
05-17-2007, 03:29
Assaulting Toulouse however would stretch out supply lines and with it deep within the enemy territory, the French shall fight hard to recapture it. I say it is better to slowly encroach and take their territories one by one rather than risk everything with a total attack towards the French heartland.

Warluster
05-19-2007, 00:20
Excellent gentlemen, with your proposed edict Friedrich, it seems it was passed at the last Diet Session.

SO now we have permission to attack the French, but now to continue, where do we attack?

I,personlly, would prefer Rheims, as I have stated, but Toulouse is also good troop wise. But does that matter? We already have Staufen which is one of the most advanced cities in the Reich, do we need another base, in enemy territory? Or maybe we should take Rheims and get a foot hold?

ANd of course who shall lead the army? I would say Friedrich, who has more experince, but of course Elberhad could do with some experince as well, and we have to Knight him.

Anyways, to other matters. Friedrich, I shall be leaving DIjon and Swabia for a while if this new idea of the Kaiser goes well, I shall be attending to matters all over the Reich, if all goes well, you will have to defend Dijon as well as Metz.

FactionHeir
05-19-2007, 00:35
Servant

Preparing for the time as emperor already aren't you, my Prince. A pity you have to be partial. But that is just my humble opinion as a servant.

On other matters, my master continues to support the idea of assaulting Toulouse either as primary or secondary target, as our western border is not able to produce trained men and Staufen becomes increasingly distant from the front. In addition, we would have another trading port for the mediterranean and both protect our sea routes and Bavaria's western front. Taking Toulouse would give instant access to Zaragoza, Bordeaux, and Angers I believe, and we could further weaken our French foes by taking their other castles if we so wished. At the very least it would be a bridgehead, easily defensible and not requiring a supply train as it supplies itself. I will concede however that it will require one of you nobles to station yourself there...maybe Elberhard would be suitable for this?

Rheims I agree is a profitable target too in its own right as it is stronger economically than Toulouse, but it will take time to calm the populace and it needs a constant supply of troops for defenses.

As for our tactic to defend against the French, I'd say we ought to get them to excommunicate themselves, now that we have a stronger grip over the papacy. Maybe even send lone troops into their territory? Have you any men you distrust or that you question the loyalty of or that have disappointed you? They would be perfect, no? *the servant grins*

TevashSzat
06-20-2007, 03:14
Nobles of Swabia:

Friederich Scherer- Duke of Swabia
Prinz Jobst von Salva - Heir to Throne

Electors of Swabia:

Count Jobst - Second Elector of Swabia(Warluster)
Count Hans - Fifth Elector of Swabia(FactionHeir)
Count Ulrich - Sixth Elector of Swabia(Ignoramus)
Count Elberhard - Seventh Elector of Swabia(econ21)

Lands of Swabia:

Swabia - Capital: Staufen. Part of the ducal demesne of Frederich, Duke of Swabia.
Lorraine - Capital: Metz. The lands of Judda der Stolze, Countess of Lorraine.
Helvetia - Capital: Bern. The lands of Hans, Count of Helvetia.
Burgundy - Capital: Dijon. The lands of Count Jobst von Salva, Count of Burgundy.

Paris: Currently under the control of Duke Scherer
Rheims: Ruled by Elberhard

Dukes of Swabia:
Prinz Henry: (1080 - 1170)
Ulrich I: (1178 - 1186)
Frederich I: (1200 - ?)

Counts of Lorraine:
Sigismund I: (1090 - 1142)
Judda I: (1142 - 1178)
Ulrich I: (1178 -?)

Counts of Burgundy:
Henry I: (1126 - 1140)
Jobst I: (1140 - ?)

Counts of Helvetia:
Henry I: (1106 - 1168)
Hans I: (1168 - ?)

Counts of Rheims:
Elberhard: (1241-?)

I am saddened by our house's lack of adequete communication among each elector. Our previous chamber although unable to be spied upon by electors of other houses has become deserted and unvisisted even by me. Given that three out of five members of this House has ran for chancellorship most likely due to little communication, I have decided to renew this chamber. I urge everyone to start visiting upon once more and participate in discussions.

Aboveis a slightly updated summary of the condition of our house.

Now I wish to talk about a different matter. Matthias Steffen has recently came to me with concerns about the race for chancellorship. Fredericus von Hamburg with the support of his house and the emperor seems to be in the lead in the race. The Bavarians does not wish for him to be chancellor, but given our house's lack of unity and uncertainty about the Austrians, a Franconian chancellor may be elected. The Bavarians offer to support Ulrich Hummel in his race for the chancellor. I will not say who I wish to win the election, but I would rather have another Swabian chancellor elected and will support Ulrich. Given uncertainty regarding the Austrians, I urge the other electors Hans and Prinz Jobst to support Ulrich too.

Warluster
06-20-2007, 06:51
Prinz Jobst speaks

I shall,of course, be voting for Ulrich.

If only Elberhad would vote more often...

FactionHeir
06-20-2007, 12:26
I shall follow suit and vote for Hümmel. It seems that both of us are now out of the race, Prince Jobst, eh?

Ignoramus
06-20-2007, 12:39
I thank you both for graciously voting for me. It is gut to see Swabia united once more!

FactionHeir
06-20-2007, 12:51
I believe it may be useful for us to abstain or vote against the charter amendment so that we may keep the French cities after we take them.

TevashSzat
06-21-2007, 13:16
It is quite unfortunate that my edict to take more French settlements has failed while the amendment 10.2 has passed ensuring that the House of Swabia will not be allowed to further expand any more during this chancellorship. What is good though is that we can still take French provinces, but must let them rebel afterwards which will still do as much harm to the French as us keeping everything.

FactionHeir
06-21-2007, 14:29
Indeed, in that case we might even consider conquering all of their northern settlements and station troops nearby ready to retake them at the next session.

I also regret seeing that the edict requiring churches to be built has passed. Especially considering how Bern can only construct 1 building this term due to ongoing work on the great market until mid term. I suppose that although that means my queue may not be authorized, the chancellor may still chose to build the printing press as I desire.

TevashSzat
06-23-2007, 02:51
Some of the build orders that I have ordered for the cities under my control, Paris and Rheims did not constantly build religious buildings, but had at least one religious building. I hope that the edict did not mean that only religious buildings may be constructed until; the highest level building is reached.

TevashSzat
06-26-2007, 00:32
I welcome econ for joining the House of Swabia again and would like to promote him to COunt of Rheims during the next diet.

econ21
06-27-2007, 11:59
Elberhard: Thank you, my Duke, for your welcome and for the honour of appointing me Count of Rheims. I hope I don't @#%! it up.

Ignoramus
06-28-2007, 04:10
Ulrich: I express hope that Swabian may receive the newly purchased realm of Scotland. Such an addition would worthily increase Swabia's standing.

FactionHeir
07-25-2007, 14:12
My fellow Swabians, our Duke has put forth the following charter amendment:

During the next diet, all 4 Dukes and a 5th member yet to be determined shall form a council and examine the events that have led to Kaiser Jobst's death as well as the chosen heir to the throne. A vote shall occur afterwards among the 5 members which shall determine the legitamacy of Siegfried's claims

I would amend this slightly to add "and vote on who is to be the new emperor".

Currently, it is only I who seconds it. Would anyone else like to step forward?

TevashSzat
07-26-2007, 03:43
I urge that all members of Swabia unite with Matthias in his bid for the chancellorship. I have been guaranteed assurance in at least some support for my CA and for discussions regarding the dispute over succesion should we support Matthias. I personally do not favor one over the other, but given this news, I urge my fellow Swabians to fall behind him

FactionHeir
07-26-2007, 13:39
He would be my preferred choice as well and as such I shall vote in line with our house.

Could I also ask that you revert your CA to its original form as Siegfried von Kastilien does raise some valid points which may draw much needed votes away from it?

GeneralHankerchief
08-18-2007, 05:36
Jens Hummel:

Is a Hummel still welcome in these parts?

I am currently located in Outremer, but I am of course at your command Duke Scherer. What would you have me do?

FactionHeir
08-18-2007, 06:35
Of course you are welcome as Swabians.
No one will be judged based on their family, rather than their own actions around here.

I assume that since we still have a few unassigned counties, Duke Scherer may well be assigning them shortly before the next diet starts.

FactionHeir
08-19-2007, 04:21
Fellow Swabians,

We have failed in many diets before to pass an edict that allows us to take a French settlement. This had mainly occurred due to the lack of discipline in our own house in addition to lack of support from other houses.

The SHA is mroe than capable to taking and holding new posessions and the route to Staufen is now too far to be viable.

Therefore, in absence of Duke Scherer, I propose House Edict 12.X:

The House of Swabia is authorized to take Caen from the French to stop further French invasions, to pressure the Danes from a second front, and to allow resupply at a closer region.

I ask you as Swabians to second this edict, and I'm sure Dijon still awaits a ruler, yes?

GeneralHankerchief
08-19-2007, 04:59
Jens Hummel:

I second this proposed Edict.

TevashSzat
08-20-2007, 01:06
I am sorry for being away for so long, but Cane is an excellent target and I will support the edict.

I hope to return to my normal duties in a week or two. (OOC: I will have more time to devote to KOTR once school starts up, well at least i hope so)

Warluster
08-20-2007, 01:28
If you wish, I would be honored to take and care for the County of Dijon, as it used to be my fathers lands.

The proposed House Edict has been put forward for the last two Diets, why shall it be any diffrent now?

GeneralHankerchief
08-20-2007, 01:34
Jens Hummel:

Because we shall be united this time! Because those who have voted against us in the past are weakened. Gunther von Kastilien, Conrad Salier, Jonas von Mahren, they are all dead. Good men all, but alas they did not care much for our House.

(Also, it would help if one of you made a compelling case for it. I could, if you want, but seeing as how I am viewed somewhat of a joke in the Diet I would not be taken seriously.)

FactionHeir
08-20-2007, 02:45
Well done fellow Swabians, I shall lay out the edict to the diet shortly.

Warluster
08-20-2007, 07:54
Caen, I fear it too be a bloody hard place to catch. If it is fine with, uh, the Duke or Steward of Swabia, if I could lead said assualt? Or accompany the commander?

It shall give us control of the trade routes, and those French shall be a fly between two hammers. Us and Spain. I fear though the latter hammer shall slip and hit us.

I say we form some sort of edict, this Diet or next, giving extra troops to southern cities. Or at least the SHA can be stationed later thre.

FactionHeir
08-20-2007, 08:50
As you are not yet knighted, Count Athalwolf, I will be assigning you to Duke Scherer and the SHA to take Caen. Afterwards, I shall endeavor to create a defensive force on our southern border where Duke Scherer will be stationed if he has matters to attend to, while you can continue to defend the lands around Caen and Paris. What say you?

[edit]
OOC: IC Letter to Ignoramus in spoilers as his PM box is full:

Wolfgang Hümmel,

I must say your remarks in the diet were unnerving, especially as they threaten Swabia's sovereignity.
You may swear allegiance to Siegfried, that is fine by me, but then going on to stand for chancellor when a fellow Swabian is already standing is insulting.
You are not only splitting the diet vote, but also casting Swabia into a bad light, whereby we are made look like fools who cannot even keep our own house together. In addition, you are playing into the hands of that fool Steffen!

Now, to remedy this situation, you will immediately withdraw your candidacy. You will do so saying you did voluntarily as you were unaware of the candidates already standing.

Failure to do so may make you very unwelcome in Swabia.

Steward Hans of Swabia

FactionHeir
08-21-2007, 05:15
Fellow Swabians, I have passed on all relevant appointments to the Librarian and Council officials.

Our current counties and their honorable bearers:
Staufen: Duke Scherer
Rheims: Prince Count Elberhard
Metz: Count J.Hümmel
Dijon: Count von Salza
Bern: Steward Hans

I will be expecting all Swabians to support my bid for chancellor and show that our house is not split. As for legislation, I wish everyone to support the Swabian edict, and the expansion edicts of the other houses.
In addition, I wish to express my support for amendment 12.7 which you should consider.

You are all expected to cast your vote personally or by proxy.

That is all for now.

Ignoramus
08-21-2007, 05:58
How, may I ask, are mein words threatening Swabia's sovereignty, mein Steward? I have always maintained her sovereignty, and do not intend to withdraw.

The electors are wary of appointing a man to rule twice successively, so I think you need not fear on that account.

FactionHeir
08-21-2007, 06:02
My dear Wolfgang,

You can certainly understand how your actions are potentially splitting a Swabian vote, which overall would give the other candidate a higher lead.

Also, having two candidates from the same house makes Swabia look, frankly, weak. It is as if we had no coordination whatsoever. If you were a true Swabian, you would support Swabia and its first candidate.

I am not opposed to you standing again one day, but make sure that you are the only candidate of our house.

Ignoramus
08-21-2007, 06:05
I would pull back behind you, except it appears that mein services are not appreciated. Mein county has been given to mein younger brother, and I have no command whatsoever in the House armies, as such, I cannot really feel any gratitude to you, especially considering the galling apologies I had to make in the Diet.

FactionHeir
08-21-2007, 06:07
Your county has been given to your brother because you publically laid it down in the diet for all to see!
Reassigning the county to you would actualy present you as a fool in the diet and mark your words as a mockery, something which I will not allow to a fellow Swabian to happen.

Considering that our edict for Caen will pass and Siegfried someday assigns it and Paris to us, you will be made Count again.

I can still assign you to the SHA if you so wish. Only that you have not yet presented a wish to lead it, but the others have.

As for the apologies in the diet, you are well aware that you took quite a militant approach and threatened Siegfried's life. If you had been more diplomatic as I had written you at that time, I am certain he would not have banned you, as he has not banned me.

Ignoramus
08-21-2007, 06:11
If you remember, mein Steward, I did that out of loyalty to you. I would have thought that I would have at least been given the command of one of the armies out of gratitude for mein loyalty. I was the only Swabian who stood up for your claim to the throne. And to be ignored is not the action of a noble lord.

FactionHeir
08-21-2007, 06:15
I had assigned Metz to you after the affair did I not? Even though people had ridiculed me for that, I did reward your loyalty to Swabia.
It is not my fault that you decided to lay it down publically now.

Hopefully, my assignment of one of the armies to you to defend our southern border as Duke Scherer suggested will show you that you are still appreciated if you appreciate Swabia.

Warluster
08-21-2007, 07:19
I think both sides of this kind debate have their points.

Firstly, we have a man who was a traitor once before, and is somewhat ignoring this small fact. Though I do, as a matter of fact. Agree with this man in some way, I feel he is being rather treated harshly.

Whilest I can understand the other side as well.

FactionHeir
08-21-2007, 10:26
While I appreciate your comments, and will consider softening up my words somewhat in the future, we have already settled this dispute privately and the matter is now closed.

FactionHeir
08-23-2007, 04:17
Swabians,

We have done well in the polls and our edict for the taking of Caen has finally passed.
While we may not hold the chancellor title in our house this term, we have voted as a block on most issues and displayed our united strength to the diet. You may now all pat yourselves on the back for that.

In addition, I would like to remind everyone that I have forged an alliance with the house of Bavaria and am in the making of obtaining one with Franconia as well. That means unless told otherwise, or the legislation conflicts with Swabia's interests as deemed by Scherer or myself, you are to support their candidates and legislation in the diet.

You ask why? Look at the margin with which our house edict passed and who voted for it. Without that support, it is unlikely it would have passed.

Thank you for listening, I hope you all enjoy command of your relevant armies this term and will join me later in the banquet hall of Caen.

This is all.

Oh.. Elberhard, could I have a word with you please? In private.

Warluster
08-23-2007, 07:05
Athalfwolf strokes to hilt of his sword absently, readying to speak. He whispers,

Private matters, eh? Murder? Bribes? Treason?

He stood

Excellent, let us get this bloodbath over with. I bloody rather die trying to cath that froghole then sitting here dieing with old or boredom.

But I am dearly suspicous of you Hans. Alliance with another house? We all know alliances only lead to misfortune and death? it shall give them a chance to betray us!

FactionHeir
08-23-2007, 07:57
Nodding to Athalwolf

Yes indeed it is common, but let it be fruitful while it lasts, so we can all prosper from it. It is better to have an ally you cannot entirely trust but who will seldom go against you, than many enemies, who will not support you at all.

FactionHeir
08-27-2007, 13:01
A battered Hans enters the Swabian chambers, unlike earlier entries, none of his retinue are present this time.

Swabians...Hans looks around with a gaze, filled with grief and sleepless nights it is true that us Swabians have defeated the last of the Mongols...but it was not without cost, as many of your have heard by now from the messenger I had dispatched.
Our friend Jens was killed in the last few minutes of battle, just as victory seemed close Hans pauses, to let the words ring in his audience's ears. he fought well, very well for such a young man. Yet in the end, a lone archer, surrounded by a host of our knights managed to strike him down.
I do not have words to describe the horror, when I noticed him falling off his injured horse and being .... I shall spare you the details.

While many fell this day, inlcuding most of my retinue, it was Jens' death that affected me the most. As a commander, the death of any noble man entrusted to your command is a tragedy, and I wish it had hit another than him. I had rather it hit another common knight or myself even. He was a promising young leader and will not be forgotten. Let us together observe a moment of silence for him, who I have ordered knighted for his valor in battle.

Ignoramus
08-28-2007, 11:09
Though I mein brother were distant, it is with pain that I hear of his death. Mein father's lineage now rests with me, and I must make sure his name is upheld.

On another note, I wish to take part in battle against the French. Perhaps I could cause a diversion for the attack on Caen?

TevashSzat
08-30-2007, 00:21
I arrive with great news today.

While it is devastating for Jens to have died, perhaps his luck was transferred to me for I have delivered a decisive victory against the French forces defending Caen. Our spys in the area have not dissapointed either as they managed to open the castle gates and I have now taken over the castle.

A large French army does reside near the castle, but it is an army of mercenaries which shall be easy to rout should they attempt to take Caen once more.

FactionHeir
08-30-2007, 04:30
I wish to congratulate you my Duke on this most crushing victory!
Finally we have a new point of resupply and can quickly amass our well deserved second household army.
The French shall scatter in fear of our might!

GeneralHankerchief
08-30-2007, 04:31
Dietrich von Dassel:

With the loss of Caen the French are crippled. I believe that next Diet Session the time will be right to finish them off. We should make preparations immediately.

Warluster
08-30-2007, 08:42
I tragic loss, Jens was. I did not know him well, but to fall in battle is truly magnificent.

Athalfwolf stares accusingly at Hans

Though he was with you at the time... You have heard my queries...

Caen, is a English City, pah! We should burn, or worse a fate, give it to that Pope man.

Also, welcome Dietrich, welcome to the house of... well anyway, welcome.

FactionHeir
09-17-2007, 06:15
Swabians,

Seeing how the diet session is fast approaching, we will need to prepare legislation that is to be put forward.
I shall welcome any opinions on our way forward for the next term as well for discussion.

My current proposal for the next term would be to pass an amendment to include Caen into the empire.
While we probably cannot force its inclusion into Swabia as it should be, I am considering passing a second amendment that bypasses Siegfried's decision of incorporation and grants us both Paris and Caen.
However, this should be an option we ought to decide upon only if necessary I believe.

I would prefer my brother Elberhard take it up with Siegfried if possible.

Warluster
09-17-2007, 08:14
I say that would be a waste.

Caen, of course, shall be converted into a Swabian Settlement. We fought for it, we marched for it and we died for it. SO why, for that large commitment, should we notr be rewarded for it?

Secondly, it is a entirely laughable thought that it shall stay Imperial for ever. Unless, lets say, the Kaiser especially likes Norman Wine or likes bathing in Cane for some unknown reason, then it shall be turned Swabian. Unless the Franconians want it.

No, perhaps we should push forward for something letting us take Toulouse for example? Or Rennes or Bordexou.

I say we keep one SHA Northwards scouting between Paris and Caen, our new territory. Any somewhat expected French, English or Portuguese Invasions can be fought off with fury.

The Second SHA, if passed, can head South to either start a Spanish offensive or a Offensive against Toulouse, or if not passed, ward off any Spanish Attacks.

Ignoramus
09-17-2007, 10:46
I call for an attack on Brugges. According to our spies, the French only possess two cities - Brugges and Zaragoza. Brugges is the cheif ciry of Flanders, and should pour more florins into the Reich's coffers. It also secures the Reich's northern frontier against an English invasion.

Should this be agreed upon by our electors, I offer myself to lead the expedition.

FactionHeir
09-17-2007, 12:35
Count von Salza, I am somewhat confused by your comment that the amendment to incorporate Caen into the empire is a waste.
According to CA 10.2 I believe it is, unless we pass an amendment to incorporate Caen, it will be abandoned, and seeing how Siegfried has yet to assign Paris to Swabia, I have no doubts he would exactly do so during his term at the upcoming diet.

Of course, if you have a suggestion of how to ensure us keeping Caen without a CA, I am more than willing to listen. Similarly, if you did not mean so, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Now, I like both Bruges and Toulouse as possible targets, but it is unlikely the diet will help us pass more than one. I say we have a vote among all Swabians whether to take either or not take any at the next diet. While the final say lies with our Duke Scherer, I am certain he would like to hear the general consensus as well.

Finally, I agree with Count von Salza's sentiment of SHA placement. I would go a step further and assign both to raid French territory if we will not be allowed/able to take a territory to ensure they will not strike back with full force and to allow all of us ample opportunity to battle.

GeneralHankerchief
09-17-2007, 20:13
Dietrich von Dassel:

We shall see which way the wind is blowing in the Diet as far as how aggressive we want to be. That's all I'm saying for now.

Warluster
09-17-2007, 21:47
Well, Hans, we could simply get on our knees and beg to the Kaiser. But we're Swabians, not Bavarians. So I say we ask in the Diet or by messenger.

I hope, mein Duke Friedrich, that you aren't drunk, as your lack of talk is somewhat disturbing.

GeneralHankerchief
09-18-2007, 03:19
Dietrich von Dassel: The sooner we get these seconded, the sooner we can present them for discussion. I assume that this is what we're going after:

Edict 13.x: The Chancellor is instructed to conquer the French settlement of Bruges by the end of his term.

Edict 13.x: The Chancellor is instructed to conquer the French settlement of Angers by the end of his term.

Edict 13.x The Chancellor is instructed to conquer the French settlement of Toulouse by the end of his term.

FactionHeir
09-18-2007, 04:37
With all due respect Knight von Dassel, would you truly believe that the diet will vote in favor of any of these if all three were presented to them? They would call us selfish and warmongering and vote against each piece of legislation.

As I suggested, I believe we should focus on one target at best, lest we wish to be twiddling thumbs the next year.

Charter Amendment 13.x:Caen is formally incorporated into the Holy Roman Empire

Count von Salza, your words speak true. We shall not be begging for Siegfried's favor, for this would be both honorless and frame us as weaklings.

Ignoramus
09-18-2007, 06:06
I also propose that we petition the Kaiser to elevate Swabia into a Principality. Undoubtedly, the other Duchies will desire such a change, but I am sure we can placate them some way or another. Bern, for instance, could be offered to Bavaria in exchange for her support.

GeneralHankerchief
09-18-2007, 20:59
Dietrich von Dassel:

I disagree, Hans. We could engage in some backroom dealing; maybe agree to support similar resolutions from other Houses in return for their support for ours.

And please, if you wish to focus on one target then pick the target.

TevashSzat
09-19-2007, 02:14
I am sorry for not participating, but I seem to be always busy now a days.

Although I urge for more French land, we can not be too greedy in the next Diet as proposing too many Edicts that attempts to aquire land will surely cause all of them to be rejected.

I, however, do believe that taking Bruges may be a possible goal in the future, but may be a far off one. As for the edicts recommended so far, I believe incorporating Caen into the empire is a realistic one and would fully support it.

As you may have all realized, I have been missing from the Diet chambers for much time now, no small part due to the French, but I believe that I cannot serve Swabia well as its Duke and would relinquish my Dukedom to Hans who has taken good take care of it so far as its steward. I will still defend our western borders from the French, but I fear may not join everyone as often.

FactionHeir
09-20-2007, 15:55
Hans nods and bows deeply before Duke Scherer

I humbly thank you for the honor you are bestowing upon me, Duke Friedrich, and will vow to do all in my might to further Swabian goals and borders.

My understanding is that you may be fond of Staufen where you have resided for most of the time you have been with us, and I will move the Swabian capital elsewhere if you wish to remain Count of Staufen. If however you wish to establish your residence elsewhere, speak and it shall be so.

That said, once our parting Duke has made his choice of residence, I will be reassigning counties as appropriate.

Further to this, Siegfried has finally agreed to give us Paris which we have defended with our own blood and sweat for so long and proposed an edict for us to take Bruges, which will immediately be our holding upon its taking. That said, I believe we should be content with this turn of events.

At this point in time, our household edict regarding Caen has yet to be seconded by a second member of his house. Who will be the second to support it?

GeneralHankerchief
09-20-2007, 20:03
Dietrich von Dassel:

I shall second the edict.

FactionHeir
09-21-2007, 04:25
Your support will not be forgotten, von Dassel.
However, I must ask you to apologize to Duke Ansehelm, as we are in an informal alliance with Franconia, and it certainly is not appropriate for us to break the alliance at the earliest convenience. It may still come in handy for both our people.

As for the matter of Siegfried.... I am not sure what to say at the moment, but I will be sending a message to the diet at a later point.

Warluster
09-21-2007, 08:01
Hm, I do respect Duke Ansehelm, but as mentioned in the Diet, he is carrying and executing orders blindly. He is merely walking to his doom at this rate. And us, in alliance with Franconia!? The last time I checked, they were dealing with Poles and Rus, whilest we deal with Danes and Francs? I think a informal alliance with Bavaria would be much better, as they fight Spainard and Francs as do we, at least these two houses share something in common?

As for the matter of Kaiser Siegfred...

If he does not attend this latest Diet, I shall speak out. He spends too much time in that Greek Place, we shall start to call him Emperor instead of Kaiser. Bah! This nation may be made up of Germans, Danes, Italians and French, but it shall never be made of Greeks, only when I die, and further!

Swabia, I think it is time we propose:

Edict x.x: There is to be a united German attack on the mainlands of Spain. We shall take outlieing Spanish Cities (Maximum 3) And then pursue Peace with them, thuis teaching a lesson.

The SPanish shall not rest until we are fighting for the very exsitence of Rome. THey shall forever pursue Sardina and Corisca. If we take Toulouse, they shall siege it for now until the day Rome falls. I say we act NOW! Teach them a lesson, a rap across the knuckles and showing them no one is safe from the marching armies of Germany. Then we can rest.

FactionHeir
09-21-2007, 09:14
Actually, at the close of the last diet session, I had agreements made with both Duke Ansehelm and Duke Lothar, as I had announced here.
We all share common enemies, although more with Bavaria than Franconia.

As for the matter with the Spanish, Matthias has only just obtained a peace agreement with them, which in my opinion was paid too dearly from our side with 27000 florins. I would not advise an attack on them until they dare break the agreement again in hopes of extorting more florins from us. If they do, then I shall support your edict at the next diet.

Ignoramus
09-21-2007, 14:23
I, too, shall second Duke Hans' edict.

FactionHeir
09-21-2007, 14:42
Very well, thank you Count Hümmel.

Considering that Friedrich has not yet gotten back to me on his choice of county and we need be organized for the close of the diet, my preliminary assingment of counties is as follows:

Metz: Count Wolfgang Hümmel
Dijon: Count Athalwolf von Salza
Paris: Count Friedrich Scherer
Rheims: Prince Count Elberhard
Staufen: Duke Hans

The command of the SHA will be as follows:
Count Hümmel, accompanied by Count Scherer if he so wishes, will lead SHA1 to take Bruges and subsequently defend our northern regions around Caen, Paris and Bruges. I would advise stationing at Paris to ensure that he can strike quickly.

Count von Salza will lead SHA2 to defend the southern regions, stationed at his county of Dijon. If SHA1 is attacked with overwhelming odds, he will be ordered to move north to support, as our southern border tends to be fairly quiet.

In addition to defensive orders, both HAs are authorized to move into French-occupied territory and raid enemy land and forces. Of course, this does not include the taking of any settlements.

Note that unless one of your falls in battle or becomes unavailable for an extended period, no other is authorized to lead the HAs.

Further to this announcement, Jan von Hamburg has an opening in Outremer he wishes to fill. If one of you wishes to go on crusade, you are allowed to.

GeneralHankerchief
09-21-2007, 15:04
Dietrich von Dassel:

*chuckling softly*

Tell me Hans, since when did you become such a pawn of the Kaiser?

FactionHeir
09-21-2007, 15:24
That is a good question. I would probably say never.

If you mean to say why I do not cry out like some others in the diet, then I shall remind you that his proposed edict is likely a free pass for us taking Bruges instead of a proposal by us, which may not be as easy to pass. Besides, he has finally agreed to assign Paris to us and will assign us Bruges. If we can secure Caen, he has agreed to consider giving it to us as well.

That said, it is not chivalrous to immediately backstab one who has given us much this diet. Of course we may question his motives or his actions, but I would prefer it be done within bounds and reason instead of trying to overthrow him at this time.

Besides, from past experience, the diet would not overthrow him anyway.

Warluster
09-21-2007, 22:54
I think the other houses are swaying too much to the Kaisers will. I am rather joyed to see Swabia, as it always has, speaking out. I'd say Franconia is finnaly poisoned by the Kaisers will.

FactionHeir
09-22-2007, 10:12
It rather seems that only Dietrich is truly speaking or should I say shouting in the diet. I am afraid that anyone who joins his unruly behavior of ad-hominum attacks against our remaining ally or further insults against Duke Ansehelm's person will find himself without a county and command of any army.
While I do have my own opinions on the Byzantines and Siegfried, they are not applicable to this talk of reunification at this time, as we do not yet know the final terms and it will not come to pass without the agreement of the diet body. Thus this is not something worth spending too much thought on at this time.

As for the chancellorship dispute, I think that there is no problem with Elberhard as acting chancellor. He is a Swabian afterall and this benefits us.

Warluster
09-22-2007, 22:35
As you could see Duke Hans, Ihave apologised for everything I said against the Kaiser. I truly hope such a thing does not cross the DIet again.

FactionHeir
09-23-2007, 03:54
Very well, Count von Salza.
You may say about him what you wish in private, it is only the diet I am concerned about and the mixed message we might be sending to other electors that way.
Please remember that unity is what makes a house strong. Even one dissenter can devastate what we have all worked for, as the example of Dassel has shown.

Currently, my belief is that we should stay neutral, neither favoring one side over the other extensively, as long as Swabia itself is not overly affected.
You are all free to speak your mind in here and debate without much consequence.

A scribe hurries over to Hans and passes a notice before running off again
Hmmm... it seems there will be something to talk about afterall. The English are still besieging Bruges, which will be our by right. As we are still allied with them, it would be unwise to attack them and then lay siege outselves. If we were to move to their assistance however, it is likely that they will feel enboldened and attack, taking Bruges for themselves.

That leaves us with the option of waiting and hoping the French defeat them or joining their siege and hoping they do not strike the French just yet. Personally, I would prefer the former as it is likely safer for us unless the English captain is overly cunning. The latter option might be well worthwhile if we only send a few forces to assist them. This may mean that this small force could be defeated if the English attack or are attacked, but it might open a window of opportunity. Either option would be a delay of a year at least.

What say you? I would also be open to a household edict calling for the taking of another French holding, with the condition that it only be taken if the English manage to capture Bruges.

GeneralHankerchief
09-23-2007, 03:58
Dietrich von Dassel:

An alliance with one as idiotic and foolish as Ansehelm is no great loss.

If you all had supported me then perhaps we could have done it; perhaps we could have actually made change. Instead I'm the whipping boy? Hans, are you truly content with simply being Duke?

And Athalwolf, again, I meant nothing at you, I was simply being sarcastic.

FactionHeir
09-23-2007, 04:05
Dietrich, you may well know that I had intended to claim what was rightfully mine, but an overwhelming vote by the diet ended these aspirations.

I have no doubts that even at this point in time, the diet would rather vote in favor of Siegfried than another. Swabia may be stronger now than she has ever been, with us having as many electors as Franconia and more than either Austria or Bavaria, but we are not yet strong enough to claim the throne without significant support from another house or two.

There is a time to strike and a time to observe. Now is the time to observe in this particular matter, having already lost an ally.

Warluster
09-23-2007, 05:05
A worthless ally, may I add.

Though I do agree, if we continue we shall getourselves into strife and eventually the Kaiser may even just make as a sijme Electorate instead of a Duchy.

I say wew wait out the Siege of Bruges, knowing the English, they will proably strike. What does it matter? There are richer French lands to be taken!

FactionHeir
09-23-2007, 10:15
Quite.

Is Angers an agreeable target with you all or would you rather prefer us take Toulouse, if the English take Bruges before we do?
Taking Angers would shorten our borders and limit the French to the south of us.
Taking Toulouse may be more risky, but we close the border of France to Bavaria, which may have several benefits.

Edict 13.X: If Bruges is taken by the English, the Swabian household armies are authorized to take Angers.
Proposed: Hans
Seconded: Dietrich von Dassel

Edict 13.X: If Bruges is taken by the English, the Swabian household armies are authorized to take Toulouse.
Proposed: Hans
Seconded: None so far

Second the one of your choosing. Whichever one gains the majority vote first it is. You are allowed to second both if you so wish.

In the meantime, I would like to ask you all to submit your build orders for your counties.

GeneralHankerchief
09-23-2007, 13:46
Dietrich von Dassel:

*chuckling* Yeah, I'll get right on that Hans.

I say Angers is the better target so I'll second the first one.

FactionHeir
09-23-2007, 14:06
If you vote in line with Swabian policy as set by this chamber and choose your words more carefully in the diet, you will find yourself with a county quite soon, von Dassel.

I was considering giving you my old county of Bern until you managed to break that alliance with Franconia and attacked Duke Ansehelm's person several times despite my suggestions to apologize instead or keep silent.

To be appointed Count requires a certain level of trustworthyness and integrity.
That said, I am willing to forgive your transgressions if you serve Swabia's common interests during this diet and the upcoming the voting session.

FactionHeir
09-27-2007, 20:37
Hans enters the chamber, visibly shaken by recent events

Nobles of Swabia.

I have thought much about the recent church burnings and rebllious calls from Lutheran heretics and present you with special orders.

Every Count of Swabia is to manage their county with an iron fist and root out Lutheran heretics actively and banning and burning all his works wherever they are found.
Further, all church and council property is to be granted special protection to prevent their destruction. Hiring of additional guards is hereby authorized to keep up with this. Also, I would advise to hire spies to counter any insurgency in your counties.

Failure to obey this direct order will result in revocation of your county at the earliest convenience.
I will be reasonable however with the destruction, as you may not have full control over it, but the banning and prosecutions are to be carried out in full measure.

Any questions?

econ21
09-27-2007, 20:53
Elberhard: These are wise precautions, my Duke. I have hanged the scum who burned down the chapel in Acre. My magistrates in Rheims will take all steps necessary to protect religious buildings.

TevashSzat
09-28-2007, 02:16
Fellow Swabians,

I have become increasingly tired these years and only further aggravated by various diplomatic matters within the Diet. I have already passed on my Dukedom, but will do more as I will serve the rest of my duty defending Caen until I am no longer needed and then will retire to a quiet life...

(OOC: I am not going to play in Kotr anymore after I get Friederich Scherer killed off)

Zim
12-07-2007, 23:26
Wilhelm von Staufen, old friend and now representative in Swabia of Crusader Andreas von Salzgitter, walks into the empty room and sits down, politely awaiting the Swabian Electors.

Warluster
12-09-2007, 02:20
As can be seen nonble Knights of Swabia, the infomation log has been updated for future reference.

Now it is here where we discuss the future of Swabia. The Duchy is once again re united, to great joy, and now we are to foucs on important matters.

Andreas, you are of course under the command of the King. The rest of you have orders, follow them out unless you have questions to them. Once we have Swabia to its former glory, I will give most of you a free rein.

Duke von Salza,

Warluster
12-11-2007, 23:16
Swabians! I urge you all to sign the document Count Fritz of Franconia has put forward (OOC: PM Ramses) It will further aid the defense of the Reich.

These chambers are silent, I wish to hear of attak plans and defenses! COme all, speak!

deguerra
12-11-2007, 23:37
do excuse the silence, mein Herzog, but we are all unused to being part of a formal Duchy again.

As it stands I am recruiting more flemish to hold Bruges. While I have high hopes I will be able to hold the walls, any assistance would be appreciated.

Ludwig von Bohmen, Graf von Brugge

FactionHeir
12-11-2007, 23:40
My Duke,

As you know from my recent correspondence with you, I have driven out the French that threatened Bern. However, as most my army lies dead or wounded, I will not be able to use them for further military action this year until I reach Staufen and replenish my troops.

If you require, I will endeavor to join you at Metz the next year.

_Tristan_
12-16-2007, 18:19
Hugo walks in the House of Swabia halls, brushing away the cobwebs clinging to his face.

Seeing the halls deserted, he quickly walks out again, leaving only his footprints in the dust.

deguerra
12-16-2007, 23:11
Welcome to our new Electors,

mein Herzog,

as your are doubtlessly aware, I am under siege. I do not expect the impossible, but some sort of a relief effort would be greatly appreciated, as I am dubious as to the skills of my flemish pikemen, who already cost Swabia one general. However, if they attack, we shall hold.

FactionHeir
12-16-2007, 23:19
Count Ludwig,

I would come to your aid, but the French are besieging Metz and blocking all routes north. It will also take several years to rebuild the household army back to capable size while concurrently defending against raids.

I suggest you try to sally and hopefully wreak some damage with your loud puff guns on the French before retreating back to the city.

Warluster
12-17-2007, 03:55
Count Ludwig,
I call upon you a great effort, to hold out for at least another two years. I shall relieve Metz, and then Count Ruppel, as he has kindly volunteered, shall head north with reinforcments.

If not capable, I am sure some mercaniares would be more then helpful with some more money.

Once these problems of defending our lands are done, our assualt on France may begin in earnest.

Count Ruppel has had some great ideas, that of involving banning Wolfgang Hummel from the Mausleoum, seeing as he is a traitor to the Reich. I am interested as of how many Electors would be interested in such a Edict.

FactionHeir
12-17-2007, 11:11
A draft of such an edict would look like this I assume:

Edict 14.3: Wolfgang Hümmel and Dietrich von Dassel are to be confined to the Pillory for high treason, iciting rebellion, unlawful occupation of German lands, conspiring to rebel, premeditated murder of fellow Germans and disobeying authority.

If Duke von Salza would be willing to propose such, I would second it.

Warluster
12-17-2007, 11:18
Count Ruppel, I shall at once take this edict to the Diet, and hope the rest accept.

I also urge to the other Swabian Electors to ignore any comments spoken by young members of other Duchy's. There unlawful comments shall be brought to justice very... fast.

Zim
12-17-2007, 11:22
Andreas walks into the Swabian chamber, looking slightly irritated. Upon seeing Duke von Salza, he bows.

Mein Duke, forgive me if I intrude. I am not quite sure if my presence is allowed in this chamber while I am still in service to Outremer. I came to escape the incessant but meaningless noise coming from one of those young Electors. Should you require it, I will leave.

FactionHeir
12-17-2007, 11:24
My Duke's wish is my command.
I shall strive to keep out of petty quarrel.

Warluster
12-17-2007, 11:34
It brings things which people can threaten you with later, you can slip and lose a valuable weapon.

It is good to have you be here Andreas, when you return to Outremer I hope yousend King Matthias my regards.

In the next few years we shall need to rebuild Swabia, but first defend. I have explained inital plans, but am happy to hear others.

Firstly, we shall beat them for Inner Swabia, and Flanders. Count von Bohmen, you may stay in Flanders as a bastion against the Danes there. Then Count Ruppel shall siege and assualt Rheims, with Hugo, while I take Dijon. From there, Erhart and Hugo will siege Paris, while I assist the Bavarians in reclaiming Marseille, though privately I hope for it to be gifted to us.

Any inquires, questions? Any volunteers for something else?

_Tristan_
12-17-2007, 11:38
I'm glad to be of use and serve under Count Ruppel's command.

Warluster
12-17-2007, 11:43
You shall hopefully be made a Imperial Knight within the next few years, and from there a capable commander as your own.

It seems Duke Arnold as got it right, ands his plans are all right except that of the retreat from Metz. THis decision lies to Count Ruppel. Do you wish to retreat and fight again, or perhaps wear them down so there a easier target? Either way, I am confident in your decisions.

Zim
12-17-2007, 11:59
Thank you for the welcome, mein Duke. I will give King Matthias your regards, although you may yet meet him yourself while he is in town for the Diet.

It is good to be in Swabia again. Despite it's troubles, with such fine men leading the House I have no doubt we shall recover quickly. Since I am not actively participating in campaigns in Swabia, instead spending most of my time in Outremer, I will not pretend to advise you on military matters here. However, I will vote for any bill reccommended by mein Duke von Salza.

deguerra
12-24-2007, 23:46
There are some advising me to sally forth to wreak some destruction on the French besiegers. Is this a valid idea?

edit: I just think that with the amount of crossbowmen he has, my lack of cavalry as well as no archers, I will get hurt more than him

Zim
12-25-2007, 01:20
A letter arrives bearing the mark of Andreas von Salzgitter

Fellow Swabians, as those of you who have revisited the Diet recently may be aware of already, I have recaptured the city of Antioch. In their haste to flee from Matthias, the Greeks had left the city virtually empty. By the end of the season, Matthias will once again be guarding the Iron Bridge. Meanwhile, our English neighbors in Outremer seem to be guarding their new territories well, recruiting many soldiers. All is not completely well, and the Greeks continue to greatly outnumber us, but it seems Outremer is on the mend.

Regards,
Andreas von Salzgitter, Crusader

deguerra
12-27-2007, 22:48
At least one Swabian is getting things done, even if it's in Outremer. Gentlemen, I want more discussion taking place here, I want orders and I want a clear cut plan for how we are going to defeat the French. I am still holed up in Bruges and don't think I can leave with my army in the rather shabby state that it is, and my walls unrepaired.

But leave I shall and challenge any foe I must, so long as I see that it is part of some plan we have and not just squandering of our already preciously few resources.

So Duke, Herr Ruppel, for my humble benefit and that of the newcomers, what exactly is the plan?

FactionHeir
12-28-2007, 00:30
On the southern front, Metz has fallen this year and the French are gathering for a crossborder strike I believe.
Our forces are still heavily battered and mostly fresh recruits and garrison troops that would stand little chance against the battle hardened French armies that stand at Metz and Dijon.

Without any additional cavalry being supplied to Swabia by the chancellor nor his steward, I fear that both Staufen and Bern may fall to the onslught of their hordes of chivalric footknight.

In the meantime, I have gathered what forces we have and moved just south of the ford near Staufen to counteract any French advance. It may be a futile undertaking, but I shall sooner die than let the French take more of our homeland.

deguerra
12-28-2007, 02:09
Right. Sounds good Ruppel, but what is the grand master plan? Does our Duke even have one? And where is he for that matter? His presence in these discussions, or in any others for that matter is sorely lacking!

Warluster
12-28-2007, 03:16
The French are powerful, yes they are certianly overwhelming but I believe this war is ours.

Seeing as we have a SHA, we shall closely follow Count Erhart's plan. For now, I thinkw e should keep on the defensive foot. Seeing as the French have massive armies, we can not contend.

Men, defend like your going to die, is what I say. Once the Reich is in a better state, I am cure the new Chancellor will provide us with reinforcements, perhaps we might even have the support of the Kaiser. Once we have at least a Second SHA then we shall plan our offense.

Any objections?

_Tristan_
12-29-2007, 10:10
I would advocate a guerrilla war against the French, not all their settlements are well defended and a small force of our men could certainly avoid notice and strike behind the lines...

I volunteer to lead such a force and require only a few recruit, among which a siege or artillery crew would be a must...

Zim
12-29-2007, 10:15
OOC: This may sound odd (it did to me at first) but you can't send an army to take any settlement unless it's allowe by a specific Edict, even to raid. At least, that was the reason given why the Army of Outremer couldn't do so.

_Tristan_
12-29-2007, 10:35
OOC : I am not fully aware of all legalities of the Reich... Anyway my character is a bit hot-blooded when France is mentioned in his presence and will advocate any and all solutions even illegal to further his ends and those of the Reich...

One thing I'm sure is that he is not knighted yet so the point should be moot...

And I think that Edict 14.3 passed during the last diet authorizes such raiding... on Caen, Paris, Marseilles, Dijon...

FactionHeir
12-29-2007, 11:15
The emperor has fallen, may he rest in peace!

Now, as for the raids, I agree. I have sent the late emperor a letter requesting some swift cavalry and that the spies in France be moved into Dijon so I may strike at night to take Dijon while the French camp outside.

deguerra
12-29-2007, 11:17
OOC: on that note, what precisely do I need to do to get myself knighted?

OverKnight
12-29-2007, 11:19
Edit: Oops I responded to this question before I realized this was the Swabia thread, my apologies. I thought it was the OOC thread.

OOC: Have your avatar fight in a battle where his unit does something meaningful. It's up to the person who fights the battle.

deguerra
12-29-2007, 12:07
but the chances of me fighting alongside somebody else are fairly slim at the moment, so ill just have to wait, i guess.

and no worries replying here, really, what with andreas in outremer, you two are basically part of the family :D

FactionHeir
12-29-2007, 19:03
Hmm normally you would have to serve under a knight in battle to be knighted.
However, given that you singlehandedly beat the French back from Bruges, I have little doubt that Duke von Salza would not knight you for this act, as Lothar Steffen has been knighted as such by his father, Duke Gerhard.

Warluster
12-30-2007, 00:37
Count Ludwig has been knighted.

Count Ruppel, do whatever you can to stop the French, as the same for you Count Ludwig. I am going to train a few regiment sof knights and spearmen and siege the lightly defended city of Dijon.

If Hugo wishes, he may come as well, giving him the chance of being knighted.

I hope Kaiser peter will listen to us and come to Swabia instead, if not I think the Franconians may lend us a hand. I will offer the idea of some support from Franconia to Duke Dieter, and perhaps Count Fritz.

Does any Elector of Swabia need reinforcements, it seems the Kaiser has spared us a few regiments of knights.

FactionHeir
12-30-2007, 00:45
Indeed, I have requested the knights from the emperor which he has graciously granted us, with the promise of further reinforcements from Frankfurt and Magdeburg whenever possible. He even suggested he may use Innsbruck for us after this year, thus I would refrain from ridiculing him in public lest we wish to jeopardize his generosity.

Once several regiments of knights arrive, I intend to launch an offensive against the French. God willing, we shall succeed.

deguerra
12-30-2007, 01:01
Thankyou kindly Duke von Salza. I am unsure how to proceed against the French at the moment. My Flemish army relies heavily on pikemen, and they are not the most trustworthy of soldiers. They have been known to break if surrounded, and I have little to hold the flanks in a field battle.

Warluster
12-30-2007, 01:05
Unless some knights can be given, you will have to do with the army you have for now. Count Erhart has a planned assault against the French, and if it succeds, and if the French don't siege Bern, you might receive reinforcements by 1350.

If sieged again I am sure you can repeat your last victory quite well.

deguerra
12-30-2007, 01:33
Sounds reasonable. I think I should be fine in Bruges itself (any statements to the contrary in the Diet are to get us more reenforcements and faster). I just don't want to face the French in a field battle, because I cannot afford to lose men.

_Tristan_
12-30-2007, 09:26
I'm eager to join in any fight against the French... Just point and I shall follow...

OverKnight
12-30-2007, 18:45
A message arrive from Outremer.

Hugo de Cervole,

I understand your predicament. Why travel half way across the world to fight, when the wolves are at your door step?

Outremer will still be here when you choose to come, I'll see to that.

Godspeed against the French,

Matthias Steffen

Warluster
01-04-2008, 01:37
Count Ruppel, The SHA1 is marching to your immediate aid, it will reach Dijon soon (OOC: I am going to pick up the save and fight it now)

The Kaiser is also marching to Swabia, he agrees with us, and thinks we are in more dire need then Bavaria, rightfully so. When he arrives, and once Dijon is safe again, I thank you Erhart for that brave deed, we can finally start the offensive again.

Viceroy, When the French are defeated, I am sure Hugo, and perhaps more, will come to help you, but you seem to be going well now, with the help of the Swabian Andreas?

OverKnight
01-04-2008, 09:29
A message arrives from Outremer.

Duke Athawolf,

Indeed Count Andreas has fought admirably and proven a fine administrator as well. Having another General in the Holy Land has proved very useful, and I am grateful for your Duchy's assistance. I am glad to have returned Acre to a Swabian, it is a sign that Outremer is stabilizing.

It seems as if Hugo has found his niche assisting the Kaiser's army to its new destination. If he wishes to travel East someday, he will be welcome, but I do not wish to deprive Swabia of a fighting man who is obviously needed on the home front.

Matthias

deguerra
01-05-2008, 15:22
Well, Bruges is besiged again, but I have no fear that it will not be as glorious a French defeat as the last. However, I do regret that I can take no offensive action, but my lack of cavalry simply makes any such manouvres sheer folly. So IF those imperial knights we were promised ever arrive, might one unit make their way to Bruges?

AussieGiant
01-05-2008, 15:27
Walking past the Swabian chambers the Chancellor and his administrators boot feet pause for some moments outside the doors...

...as no further comments are made their foot falls finally continue down the corridor to the Diet Chamber.

econ21
01-07-2008, 01:22
Welf von Luxemburg:

I agree with Count Ludwig von Bohmen - the three regiments of Teutonic knights in Frankfurt would greatly complement the force he has mustered at Bruges. However, I am loathe for them to be sent unescorted.

I am currently in Nuremburg - I propose that I ride west towards the bridge south-west of Frankfurt and rendezvous with the Teutons. I hope to persuade the Chancellor to allow me to keep the two regiments of professional infantry and some of the Nuremburg militia, and acquire some more missile regiments. My aim would be to deny the French passage into Germany and ultimately to reinforce Bruges.

I believe our Duke's army can screen Staufen and Bern. With skill and some luck, Count von Bohmen may hold Bruges and Antwerp. But there is a gap between the two lines west of Frankfurt that should be filled and closing it may allow us to transform the force in Bruges into a fully fledged Household Army.

Does this proposal meet with the approval of our House?

deguerra
01-07-2008, 01:35
I would be happy to have another helping hand in Flanders in any case. Welf seems to be militarily capable, and another brain in the North could make any counter-attack on the French doubly effective.

Warluster
01-07-2008, 03:04
Welf, I agree with your plan, and agree with the fact you should go north to even the balance out.

It seems Kaiser Peter has turned back to Italy, so we can no longer wait for him. Seeing as Dijon is not relieved, I will come at once. Count von Bohmen, it seems you have some offensives against the French in mind, would care to suggest what you have at mind?

It is good to see a new Swabian, I welcome you to Swabia, Welf. Once you have somewhat, 'proved' yourself, we can throw you in the fire.

Once The kaiser has helped Duke Lothar, he promises to return here at once, and the Bavarians have also promised support when their in the clear. I think the French are retreating, and I am considering sending a few units and a General to help Bavaria, what does the rest of Swabia think?

deguerra
01-07-2008, 04:18
I have no formulated strategy at the moment, Herzog (OOC: and am not at my home computer, so can't look), but generally want the French to be pushed back.

I do not, however, think the French are really retreating as of yet, so I personally would advise holding back on military aid to Bavaria until we are truly in the clear.

econ21
01-13-2008, 01:52
Welf von Luxemburg: I agree with Count von Bohmen. The situation in Swabia is far more desperate than that in Bavaria. There are many French armies massing within striking distance of Swabia and once they are roused, we may struggle to survive. The Chancellor is prioritising Bavaria because it is an area we can clear, not because it is under more threat. With the Kaiser's army back in Bavaria, that House has sufficient force to prevail.

My plan to escort the Teutons to Bruges has been undone by the fact that the knights were diseased. The Chancellor has sent them to Franconia. Unfortunately, he has also sent diseased troops to the Swabian Household Army so our Duke cannot return to resume command unless he wishes to be infected himself. The Chancellor could, however, send the regiment of Teutons still in Frankfurt to the SHA.

If Ruppel can escape siege at Dijon, it seems he would be the logical commander of the SHA as he already struggles with the plague. My Duke, once you have assisted Ruppel, perhaps you should bring your mercenaries to group with my militia? Together, we might have the semblance of an army.

Where possible, we must keep pure those generals and fighting formations that are, by the grace of God, currently free from infection - especially the Kaiser's army. Sadly, this imperative means that the afflicted may have to bear the brunt of the campaigning.

Warluster
01-14-2008, 08:06
All seems well; Welf, the Chancellor has advised the SHA I stay on the bridge protecing Staufen. If I move, or you for that matter, the very heart of the Reich is open.

The Chancellor has also asked for a presentable plan involving the relief of Dijon. It would be suicidal to attack the French Army in open battle, but there is unfortunely no alternative. If I have to suffer the problems of catching the plague, I would do so to for Swabia. So I am prepared to move some infected units around or we may have to recruit more mercaniaires, or spearmen.

Count Ruppel, the only way you can escape siege is if they give up, not bloody likely considering they have enough equipment to siege Rome. Ruppel, I am waiting on your view of the situation. Bruges is safer, but more armies wander nearby. If the French have not broken the English at Caen perhaps we could consider sending some help from Bruges. Seeing as your the closet General to the scene, would you be prepared to do so?

FactionHeir
01-14-2008, 10:45
I would do anything to slay some more of these French pigs. But first I need a relief force to break the siege at Dijon. Giving the utter incompetency of this Austrian "chancellor", our hope the SHA1 is now plagued!
I am truly regetting now having voted for Fritz instead.

As for how to go about the situation, I do not believe my Duke should infect himself willingly. Instead, move the forces you have with SHA1 in tow towards Dijon. The SHA1 can come under your reinforcements.
The following year, request that as compensation for his uselessness, the chancellor allow funds to construct 2 forts at the Dijon/Rheim border we can man with plagued men and thus halt the French advance while you use their shields to advance over four years closely north of the French Lancer siege force.

econ21
01-15-2008, 11:29
Count Ruppel,

The relief of Dijon is Swabia's current pressing challenge. But I fear that having the Duke march into what are effectively French lands with a few crossbowmen is to invite disaster, even if the SHA is close behind. However, I also believe that our Duke should not expose himself to infection by leading the SHA personally.

Therefore, I propose that the Duke guard the bridge to Staufen, with the SHA reinforcing. If he is attacked, the Bridge should buy him time for the SHA to arrive as reinforcements to relieve him.

I volunteer to lead the SHA. I am expendable - our Duke is not. I will request the Chancellor countermand my previous orders and march me towards Staufen bridge immediately.

Welf von Luxemburg

deguerra
03-04-2008, 02:16
Do we need to discuss succession issues? As far as I was aware Duke von Salza was still kicking. I realize the need for someone to administrate Swabia, and while I realize Count Ruppel is the obvious candidate for the job, I feel that for unitys sake we should have some sort of discussion ont his.

Warluster
03-04-2008, 08:44
As far as I am aware; Count von Bohmen; I am still alive. I see no need for succesion talk. If you are after the title of Duke such futile pushing for it will not help.

I have already decided upon the succesor; I did at least 10 Year's ago. Or perhaps you're after my head? Your impatience at death shall be noted.

It seems Swabia is quiet...er. SPEAK UP! I don't want dust filling my ears. Come out and speak; or consequnces serve you so. Contribue; if not then I will and can take you out of the frontline.

It is pleasing the succes this Crusade has provided us. But... I ask you to hurry up and perhaps be as not impatient past Count's were at least conquer with speed. This war with France, is, frankly, being dragged on to long.

_Tristan_
03-04-2008, 09:03
Duc,

The rumors of succession would be given less credit if Count Ruppel was not acting as if he was already Duke and if the merits of your other servitors such as Welf von Luxemburg and myself were given some credit by our liege lord...

FactionHeir
03-04-2008, 09:52
I am very much offended by Knight Hugo's words. I have no intention of taking the Ducal Throne without Duke von Salza's approval or insisting that I were Duke if I am not.

My loyalty is to Duke von Salza himself and Swabia as a whole. The decisions I made regarding construction and recruitment for Swabia were in all our best interests as you have admitted yourself and will lead to florins being spent first and foremost in our Duchy rather than elsewhere - to acknowledge our successes and conquests that filled the warchest in the first place. Do you really wish to question my unwavering loyalty?

deguerra
03-04-2008, 10:06
Duke von Salza,

You have received nothing but loyalty from me, and I am deeply offended that you would think me so low as to be after your head and your title.

I merely noted that in your prolongued absence, there seemed to be issues between the reamaining electors as to who should be running the Duchy. If you can return, all the better. If not, name someone to act in your place. Do not make it me, I have neither the time nor the skill to manage a Duchy. But name someone so that there is no need for bickering.

Once again, I wanted no part in this scheme for myself, and am hurt that your trust in me is so small.

Ludwig

Warluster
03-04-2008, 10:48
I can; in somewhat confusion; understand the present siuation we stand in. I am sure Count Ruppel was acting upon loyalty to Swabia... and instincts. Though next time I take a 'trip' it would be better if haste to jump to fire the bow was slower.

Count von Bohmen; I am somewhat reassured of your stance with your words, though your mind has obviously change not. I repeat I will name my succesor; privately. Upon my death then they shall come forward with my message. I do NOT want Swabia fractured for that, as it has been for some time.

deguerra
03-04-2008, 10:52
I understand that, and nothing would be further from my mind than asking you to name a successor (although for the record, let it be known that Ludwig von Böhmen will serve that man as dilligently as he believes he has served Herzog von Salza, Swabia and the Reich itself).

I also understand Count Ruppel's actions, and personally have not the slightest quarrel with him.

All I ask, as you do for the sake of Swabias unity, is that either you continue to control, or that you name a substitute. It need not be your successor. For all I care make him someone outside of the Swabian house. Make it a rotation system. But give us something that we can trust, so that there is no cause for bickering and fracture.