PDA

View Full Version : Some Recruitment Questions

Wilke1103
03-01-2007, 12:31
I am playing the AS and love it but I am looking for a faction who starts a big smaller. There are so many awesome units available for custom battles for each faction but I don`t know what to do to recruit them in campaign. Perhaps these units are only recruitable in specific regions or by specific events? Here some examples listed with their faction:
Casse: Pictone Neitos/Rycalawre/Cwmyr/Kluddargos
Arverni:Pictone Neitos/Neitos/Soldurii
Saka Rauka: Hoplitai Hellenikon/Agema Hellenikon/Hoplitai Indoi
Lusotana: Loricati Scutarii/Dosidataskeli
I think I`ve read the Saka Rauka recruitment isn`t finished yet but what about the others? The Casse and Lusotana seems to be very cool but I don`t want to start a new campaign before I know that I can recruit all the units (or even the most) which are listed in custom battles.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-01-2007, 13:49
Hi Wilke1103,
Good news! I am quite sure that everything on the custom battle screen is recuitable in campaign through either regional or faction MICs in one region or another, although not always the starting regions. Some units, however, you will have to wait for a reform to occur before you can train - this is certainly true for the hoplites of the Saka, yet for other factions I am sorry to say that I'm not sure, you will have to wait for an EB member to turn up to answer that one. Sorry for not being able to fully answer you question, cheers!

Wilke1103
03-01-2007, 13:56
Thanks a lot up to here Omanes. So I think I can start a Casse or Lusotana campaign and hope it will rock. It will be cool if an EB member could explain any details.

blacksnail
03-01-2007, 15:07
If you are new to the game, I do not recommend Casse. They are a very difficult faction to play.

Lusotanan recruitment, to my understanding, is a lot better in 0.81 than 0.80. I don't know offhand which regions retain which units, but they should have consistent availability of their factional units throughout the Iberian peninsula. Beyond that they will supplement their ranks with regional troops, which are generally consistent across factions and depending upon the region.

Wilke1103
03-01-2007, 17:25
Thanks a lot. I am not new in RTW but new in EB. I´ve played RTR for a time but EB is more interesting for me because of the more flexibility of the units especially for the greek factions (Thureophoroi/Thorakitai etc.) I normally play the "civilized" factions but sometimes I want to fight against them with some more "uncivilized" faction. At the moment I prever 0.80 and not 0.81 because of that strange things with the overhand-hoplites in 0.81 (that doesn`t fit to me) So I think I will take a look at the casse and wait with the Lusotana until 0.9.
Thanks a lot and have a good time

blacksnail
03-01-2007, 21:18
Thanks a lot. I am not new in RTW but new in EB.
Yeah, I should have said "new to the mod." Casse are a very weird faction to pay - they start off neutral to the Eleutheroi and advancement is, at best, sluggish. They require a lot of patience.

Elminster12
03-01-2007, 21:42
Yeah, I should have said "new to the mod." Casse are a very weird faction to pay - they start off neutral to the Eleutheroi and advancement is, at best, sluggish. They require a lot of patience.
Not to mention the fact things can get pretty hectic in the beginning with the two Eleutheroi stacks about. The Arverni are fun too, especially if you want to get right to a big slugfest with another faction...

Kugutsu
03-01-2007, 21:49
...and advancement is, at best, sluggish...

that must be the understatement of the year! I remember when I last tried the Casse (with 0.74 admittedly) it took about 30 years before I made an aggressive move. Most of that time a ginormous stack of rebels was camping somewhere near Oxford, and I was praying every turn that they wouldnt attack me, as I was so weak. The economy takes *forever* to kickstart, and disbanding all your troops is about the only solution... But once you are started, its actually pretty easy to take the rest of the isles. Just dont let the generals get in a fight, as they are useless...

Fondor_Yards
03-01-2007, 22:37
I am playing the AS and love it but I am looking for a faction who starts a big smaller. There are so many awesome units available for custom battles for each faction but I don`t know what to do to recruit them in campaign. Perhaps these units are only recruitable in specific regions or by specific events? Here some examples listed with their faction:
Casse: Pictone Neitos/Rycalawre/Cwmyr/Kluddargos
Arverni:Pictone Neitos/Neitos/Soldurii
Saka Rauka: Hoplitai Hellenikon/Agema Hellenikon/Hoplitai Indoi
Lusotana: Loricati Scutarii/Dosidataskeli
I think I`ve read the Saka Rauka recruitment isn`t finished yet but what about the others? The Casse and Lusotana seems to be very cool but I don`t want to start a new campaign before I know that I can recruit all the units (or even the most) which are listed in custom battles.

Pictone Neitos-Lemonum, might need 1st reform not sure
Cwmyr-Midland regions of Britian
Kluddargos/Rycalawre-South Britian after 2nd reform iirc
Neitos/Soldurii-After 2nd reform, available all or almost all of gaul
Hoplitai Hellenikon/Agema Hellenikon/Hoplitai Indoi-Need the Saka Reforms, then you get Hoplitai Hellenikon/Agema Hellenikon in Baktria and other greek towns there, and Hoplitai Indoi in India and the proviences boardering India.

Dosidataskeli- In Pallantia and Vellika, lvl 5 mic iirc
Loricati Scutarii- All central, southern, and eastern lands in Iberia I think

Wilke1103
03-03-2007, 13:57
Pictone Neitos-Lemonum, might need 1st reform not sure
Cwmyr-Midland regions of Britian
Kluddargos/Rycalawre-South Britian after 2nd reform iirc
Neitos/Soldurii-After 2nd reform, available all or almost all of gaul
Hoplitai Hellenikon/Agema Hellenikon/Hoplitai Indoi-Need the Saka Reforms, then you get Hoplitai Hellenikon/Agema Hellenikon in Baktria and other greek towns there, and Hoplitai Indoi in India and the proviences boardering India.

Dosidataskeli- In Pallantia and Vellika, lvl 5 mic iirc
Loricati Scutarii- All central, southern, and eastern lands in Iberia I think

So I´ve got another question yet in aspect of the reforms. Are these the same reforms than the Romanii have or are there special reforms for each faction in EB, so that one faction has to conquer a particular region and fight so and so many battles to get a reform? If each faction has to do different things to get a reform are these things written down somewhere to look at?
( because I haven`t found something like that until now )

Rilder
03-03-2007, 18:29
So I´ve got another question yet in aspect of the reforms. Are these the same reforms than the Romanii have or are there special reforms for each faction in EB, so that one faction has to conquer a particular region and fight so and so many battles to get a reform? If each faction has to do different things to get a reform are these things written down somewhere to look at?
( because I haven`t found something like that until now )

Yea the EB FAQ (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=63634)

Wilke1103
03-04-2007, 12:57
Thanks a lot guys for helping hand. All of you are pretty cool!!!