View Full Version : KotR Duchy of Franconia

Pages : [1] 2

Kagemusha
03-01-2007, 15:41
Duchy of Franconia

https://img87.imageshack.us/img87/149/frankfurtyk6.gif

Provinces of Franconia

Frankfurt

Administrated by Duke Of Franconia, Gunther Von Kastillien.

Hamburg

Administrated by Count, Fredericus Von Hamburg.

Stettin

Magdeburg

Administrated by Count, Jonas Von Mahren.

Thorn

Breslau

Franconian Nobles

Duke Dietrich Von Saxony died 1190 AD
Count Fredericus Von Hamburg
Duke Gunther Von Kastillien
Count Jonas Von Mahren
Ansehelm von Kastilien
Knight Helmut von Hamburg

Kagemusha
03-01-2007, 15:58
Noble Lords and Knights, sons of Franconia!

We have the legacy of the East Frankish Kindom on our shoulders. Franconia has always been the heart of the Reich and our tribe the Franks, the most fierce of Germanic peoples.
Remember, your forefathers look at you from heaven and we should not let them down. While the other houses look down on Italy. We as true Germans should look In all directions. To the Netherlands on the West, Scandinavia to the North and Poland to the East.
My goal as the Duke of Franconia is to bring prosperity to our lands and defend them against any foe. While others look at places where trade already gives lots of prosperity to people and envy those. We Franks dont have to look far. Our lands are in the middle of Northern Europe.This means we are in the crossroads of all Northern trade routes coming from East,West,North Sea and Baltics. We should build our lands so that we get our fair share of all that trade. This would allow better possibilities to our children and future leaders of Franconia as they follow our lead.
To current matters.If anyone has any grievances or other public matters concerning Franconia ,they should speak of those issues here.

Dietrich Von Saxony, Duke of Franconia

Jalf
03-01-2007, 23:21
I'm going to get directly to the point here. We desperately need to take over Magdeburg, not out of a desire to expand, but because it would make Franconia much more defensible. How this should be presented to the Diet, I do not know, but it is going to be vital for our future safety.

Perhaps the standing armies that are being discussed in the Diet could take care of this problem, although the current proposal limits them to staying within our borders. Perhaps an exception could be made for our case since Magdeburg is so obviously a defensive position for us. Or perhaps, we just need to propose a separate edict to allow us to take it.

Dutch_guy
03-01-2007, 23:39
Magdenburg is currently held by the Poles, right ? That would make matters all the more easy for us, for how can the mighty Reich tolerate it's enemies in the hart of it's domain. Ridiculous.

So yes, action needs to be taken as soon as we can. I think proposing an edict which states the house of Franconia wishes to take Magdenburg for the Reich as soon as possible would do the trick. If one of our generals were to lead the assault it would be even better.

I am currently not allowed to do so, but I'd be happy enough to fight with one of our more veteran Generals.

:balloon2:

Jalf
03-02-2007, 00:14
You need to keep in mind that we are stretched very thin already, and some in the Diet may just see "those madmen want to take yet another city, when we can barely hold the ones we've got".
Seen in that light, it will be shot down quickly and brutally by the Diet, I'm afraid.

Not least because the majority seem to be biased towards the southern lands, and may not want to mandate any action that takes military attention away from their own lands where they want as many troops as possible.

We need to emphasise that this is not a matter of expansion, but of defense. Magdeburg gives the Poles access to the heart of Franconia, while making troop movements very much harder for us. We have a huge border to protect when Magdeburg is Polish.

If we were to take the city, our border would become much smaller and easier defensible.

I myself am willing to take what men I can gather in the vicinity and lead the attack.

Perhaps since certain members of the Diet still seem to doubt the loyalty of our Duke, this would be a more viable proposal?

Kagemusha
03-02-2007, 08:18
Von Kastillien and Von Mahren. I agree mostly with both of you. Magdeburg should be taken,so the heart of the Reich would not be vulnerable to Polish attacks anymore. If the Diet grants us permission to do that, i would like to lead the assault myself in order to redeem myself within the eyes of the Diet. After that i would like us to be in situation where you Counts would have all earned your spurs and could take responsibillity of operating on your own designated directions,so i could concentrate on other things and Governing our Franconian Duchy from Frankfurt. Currently there is a small army of the Vendic allies of the Polish, between Magdeburg and Stettin. I would be happy if i and Von Kastillien could destroy that army,so the Vendic woodsmen with their axes,would not be defending the walls of Magdeburg incase we get the permission to take it in the next Imperial Diet. After that i would like to have Count Von Hamburg to join me on the assault against Magdeburg, so we would be in situation where you would be all knighted.

Jalf
03-02-2007, 22:50
If the diet can accept that, I agree it would be ideal. The more of our generals can gain experience and a knighthood, the better. We may need every leader soon enough. My proposal is simply in case they still doubt your loyalty so much that they won't grant you permission to attack Magdeburg. In that case, another knighted general could do the task instead. One they have no historical disagreements with, and at least we'd have improved our defensive position, whether or not the Diet choose to trust you.
I am not sure the Kaiser is easily convinced to forgive, especially when it is so obvious that he, and not you, have failed and need forgiving. He may, out of spite and wounded pride refuse you any chance to "redeem" yourself, knowing full well that your loyalty to the Reich has always been beyond any doubt, quite unlike his own.

In any case, we can't afford to waste too much time discussing this. We must get the Diet's approval soon, before Poland launches a major assault from Magdeburg. If you think you can get permission to lead the charge personally, do so. But if the Diet won't accept it, another general should take command of the battle instead. Of course, in that case, I could still take one of the unproven generals with me.

I have said my piece. I will leave the final decision up to you, mein Duke. When we ask the Diet for permission to take Magdeburg, should we gamble on the chance for you to once again prove your loyalty to the Kaiser, and hope that this time it will make a difference, or shall we play it safe and suggest a general whom the Kaiser and Chancellor have no reason to distrust?

Kagemusha
03-03-2007, 05:00
Jonas Von Mahren.In the diet there will be an edict proposal that The Reich will take Stettin during the reign of the following Chacnellors reign. It will be not that Dietrich Von Saxony will take Magdeburg. Maybe you are forgretting who is your Duke,when you put your name before. Maybe you would like to put ahead proposal that Jonas Von Mahren will take Magdeburg alone? As i sayed. I want to win this war and then let my trusted Counts fight for Franconia.Especially you Von Mahren.You should not expect that Magdeburg will come to you automatically. If you think that you will garner more support in Diet then your Duke who just knighted you, go ahead amd make your own proposal.

Dutch_guy
03-03-2007, 13:56
Von Mahren puts some interesting views on the table, I would have thought personal dislike would come second to the empire. But sadly, I'm misguided and wrong.

However, if it can not be our duke due to some personal grievances of the past, then it should be Von Mahren. He is the only other knighted general present, other than Dietrich himself, and I'm sure Magdenburg will prove easy enough to capture for someone with his abilities.

I do hope that it is somehow possible for me to fight in that battle also. I am growing older and older, and have yet to command a battle personally. This worries me, and it affects my honour. Not something I like a great deal.

Jalf
03-03-2007, 18:49
I am not forgetting who my duke is. I am also not doubting your skills as a general. I have been in only one battle so far, so there can be little doubt your greater experience would be a major advantage. The only doubt I put forth was whether or not the Kaiser and Chancellor will be able to see past their wounded pride and their past grudges with you, my lord. If they can do this, all is well, and you, as the Duke of Franconia, should certainly lead the charge for Franconia. If they can not do the right thing, we must find another way to gain approval for the attack on Magdeburg, because that city is vital for the defense of Franconia, the Reich, and even our capital. And these things must come before any one person's pride and personal dislikes.

I have not made a proposal in the Diet myself because, as I said before, it is your decision to make. I was merely presenting possible obstacles, so that you can consider all relevant factors before talking to the Diet.

Kagemusha
03-04-2007, 21:14
I have the pleasure to inform that our options of army commanders are getting multiple all the time. Gunther Von Kastillien have been knighted on the battlefield of Stendal after showing courage rarely heard of. It seems while we destroyed the Polish forces that attacked us,they are building troops rapidly in Magdeburg and soon will be again in situation to attack us. We should get our forces gathered so we can fight united. Von Mahren, i may have some intresting personal suggestions for you soon,but i will get back at them later.

Kagemusha
03-07-2007, 00:26
I am happy that we are allowed now to siege Magdeburg. Also Count Von Hamburg will join me in the siege and shall have his pabtism of fire when the time for Magdeburg to fall will come. Jonas Von Mahren has been ordered to move to Prague and take the Austrian troops there under his command and conduct the future operations in that direction.
When and if we have taken Magdeburg,i have decided to transfer the command of the Franconian army fighting against Polish to Gunther Von Kastillien and Count Von Hamburg should return to Hamburg in order to keep close eye over the Danes. I have decided that i will not run for Chancellorship during next Diet and hope that we can find a candidate from another house who will gain our support.

Dutch_guy
03-07-2007, 18:49
Ah good news then.

Why have you decided not to run, by the way ? Fearing not to have enough support from the rest of the Houses ?

Kagemusha
03-07-2007, 18:55
Von Kastillien,
The simple reason is that i think it is better for me to concentrate on the war against Poland. Maybe after we have removed the Polish threat, im able to redeem myself in the eyes of the Reich.
It has been too short time since i returned on the public life and i think some old grudges still live strong amongst the nobles of the Reich. So let us concentrate the task on hand,defeating the ones who threaten Franconia and Reich and after that,who knows.

Jalf
03-08-2007, 00:31
I agree, and while I will miss Franconia, I know the safety of our lands is in capable hands. Good luck to you all. I'll be departing for Austria as soon as all the preparations are in order.

Kagemusha
03-08-2007, 00:38
God speed, Von Mahren!Make Franconia proud! I have no doubt that you will.

Kagemusha
03-09-2007, 18:38
Gentlemen,
I would like to hear your suggestions, how to deal with the Polish Campaign. Any opinions about the primary targets and other suggestions,after Magdeburg has been taken,if the Diet allows us to do that?

Dutch_guy
03-09-2007, 22:50
I propose we reenforce our northern army, the ideal castles to do this from would be Hamburg, Stettin and maybe even Magdenburg.

After that, said force should march to the Polish castle of Thorn. It is the only Polish castle which poses a threat to us at the moment, and it would severely hamper Polish troop recruitment abilities.

Our force will march via the northern route, killing all enemy armies which may pose a threat, and or get in our way. We shall then take Thorn and guard the city, retraining our men and training new ones. Sentries can be posted upon the northern bridge, and southeastern one. Although the castle itself is easy enough to defend, I imagine.

The other option we have is taking the city of Breslau. However, that city is located between the northern Thorn, and southern Krakow. It would be unwise to put us into such a position. It's harder to defend, and will cost us more in the long run. Both in troops and in money. Krakow is simply too far for us at the moment.

flyd
03-13-2007, 00:28
With the imminent capture of Magdeburg, I am wondering about the disposition of cities and castles within our lands. Magdeburg, Stettin, and Hamburg are all castes, in fairly close proximity for each other. Are that many castles necessary? Both Hamburg and Stettin lie on the sea. Hamburg already produces a significant income, despite being a castle. This could be significantly increased if it were a city. Stettin is underdeveloped as a castle, but could be useful for trade on the Baltic.

Of course, we need at least one castle, and Magdeburg seems to me like the best choice. Of course, this is under the assumption that it will be assigned to Franconia. The only issues are that it may be slightly less developed than Hamburg right now, and may take longer to reach fortress level. Also, Hamburg is on the border with the Danes, and will be more difficult to defend if it is a city.

In any case, at least Stettin should probably be converted to a city. What are your opinions on this?

Jalf
03-13-2007, 02:00
I would rather convert Hamburg than Stettin to a city.
Hamburg has a much greater potential for trade, while Stettin is little more than a stockade placed in the middle of no man's land. According to the surveys and maps I have been able to find, there is almost nothing of value in the region. That city will never become a source of income for us, it is not even particularly fertile, and would grow slowly, further limiting its potential as a city. I suggest we keep it as a castle, and instead turn Hamburg into a city.

Regarding defense, I doubt that will be a problem at all. Stettin and Magdeburg are both very close by, and we can have reinforcements sent to Hamburg in a matter of days. And if we do end up at war with the Danes, I imagine we would be on the offense. They have only one city in the area, and given the chance, it would make a very nice addition to the Reich. Aarhus is a big city with a lot of trade potential, and it's easily defensible from the rest of Scandinavia.

If we end up at war with the Danes, I suggest we take Aarhus at least, which means Hamburg will be safe even as a city.
And if we stay at peace with them? Hamburg will also be safe, city or not.

Kagemusha
03-13-2007, 11:36
I have also been thinking of the trade opportunities taking Magdeburg can offer to us and think that if Magdeburg is developed enough and the honourable counts agree. We should indeed change our Sea bound castles Hamburg and Stettin into cities. Specially in the case if Count Von Kastillien would be succesfull in taking Thorn,which would give us a stronghold in the East.

Jalf
03-13-2007, 22:11
Once again, I suggest we consider Stettin carefully. As you may remember, I spent a few years in the castle garrison there... If you can call it a garrison. If you can call the wooden shack there a castle.

The place is a dump, and for the life of me, I can't imagine any way to make the city particularly profitable or prosperous. Perhaps I just lack the experience to see the opportunities clearly, but the area is not particularly fertile, it is one of our sparsest populated regions, and there aren't even any noteworthy trade resources. The place is useless as a city, and useless for trade purposes. Even if it was converted to a city, and even if we ignored the hopeless trade prospects, it would take eternities for the city to reach even average size.

As far as I can see, the only reasonable use for the place is as a castle. That does not require trade resources, and it does not require a large population. And if Hamburg is converted to a city, we may need nearby sources of good soldiers for quick reinforcements. Training soldiers is one of the only activities that can be done effectively in a deserted mudhole.

However, taking Thorn would definitely be worthwhile.

That leaves the question of Magdeburg. The city has no naval access, which limits its trade potential. But at least it has some trade resources in the region, and it has a much larger population than Stettin. So it would at least be acceptable as a city, even if it won't ever become a goldmine.
But it could also work as a castle, supplying troops to the rest of Franconia. I suspect our financial situation would require a city rather than a castle though, especially if we keep Stettin a castle.

Kagemusha
03-13-2007, 22:24
Those are all good points also Von Mahren and i fully regognice that Hamburg is a natural center of trade,while Stettin has always been somewhat periferia. Let us hear what Count of Stettin,Von Kastillien has to say about it. I still believe that if properly nurtured Stettin,which has only been known so far from its amount of heathens could be turned into a good supporting city for Reichs Baltic Sea trade,specially if we would build proper sea trading facilities into it.

Kagemusha
03-15-2007, 12:42
Franconian Electors. Im happy to inform you that Magdeburg has been taken and it has facilities to build all the basic troop types we need for our armies. Also Count Von Hamburg has been knighted,so now it is my time to concentrate on the Ducal affairs and your time to concentrate on fighting the enemies of the Franconia. Once our army has been refitted,Count Von Kastillien is ordered to lead the attack towards Thorn. Counts Von Kastillien and Von Hamburg.I urge you both to order the start of changing the castles of Hamburg and Stetting into Cities.The Chancellor cant act without your orders.

Dutch_guy
03-15-2007, 18:21
A messenger has been sent, and is riding as we speak.

Kagemusha
03-16-2007, 15:47
God damned! Our plans have been hampered by the holy father. Just as we were getting our Ducal army together,we have been forbidden to attack the Polish. In my opinion this means establishing a defensive posture and braking parts of the Ducal army to protect Hamburg and Stettin. Gentlemen,opinions?

Dutch_guy
03-16-2007, 18:49
Oh my, now this isn't something I saw coming. Surely we have only been reacting to the dastardly acts committed by Polish troops - by order of their King?

I am truly sorry the Holy father has managed to miss this fact, but there's nothing we can do about it I suppose. The pope has made up his mind, although I doubt he was told to do this by God, as He has been on our side since the very beginning of the conflict.

I don't think we should split up our Ducal army yet, we should simply position it between the Polish lands, and our own. That way we'd be able to reach every city in no time at all, if the Polish 'd dare actually make a move against us!

Kagemusha
03-16-2007, 21:04
Thats a good suggestion Von Kassel. But i just came from the Imperial Diet.We have been excommunicated,since in coordination Duke Von Kassel and Kaiser Heinrich have declared war to Pope and taken Rome. I think time of glorius attacks against enemies of Franconia is over and we may have to concentrate on survival.

Kagemusha
03-19-2007, 11:40
Gentlemen. I have some good news. Our Duchy will be getting a new Elector on the Imperial Diet. I hope he will introduce himself here as soon as possible.

Csargo
03-19-2007, 20:02
Hi everyone, could someone give me a summary for the strategys of our Duchy, and maybe some basics to how the game works ? It would be greatly appreciated.

What I've noticed so far from reading is that our Duchy is on the defensive against the Polish because of the Kaiser's attack on the Papacy, is that correct?

Kagemusha
03-19-2007, 20:21
Greetings 5th Elector and Wellcome! Our current situation is that Count Von Kastillienl(Dutch Guy) Is about to siege Polish Thorn Castle after victorious battle against the Polish. From here you can see the current situation.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1154-7-fin.rar

(OOC: Thats the last savegame.The rules are on the first post of the out of Character thread,i suggest you read them through.So you get the hang of the game. Also check out how to mod your M2TW so that its compatatible with the version we are using).

Also from the Imperial library you can read who is who. Our Chancellor Mandorf has taken good care of it.

Csargo
03-19-2007, 20:32
Greetings 5th Elector and Wellcome! Our current situation is that Count Von Kassel(Dutch Guy) Is about to siege Polish Thorn Castle after victorious battle against the Polish. From here you can see the current situation.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1154-7-fin.rar

(OOC: Thats the last savegame.The rules are on the first post of the out of Character thread,i suggest you read them through.So you get the hang of the game. Also check out how to mod your M2TW so that its compatatible with the version we are using).

Also from the Imperial library you can read who is who. Our Chancellor Mandorf has taken good care of it.

I shall take a look at it, thanks Kage. I guess I have some work to do.

Kagemusha
03-20-2007, 02:08
Franconians.The worst have happened.Our hands are tarnished with the blood of the Pope. Emergency Diet has been opened and Chancellor Mandorf has issued that a crusade should be started to Holy Land,for us to save our souls. This means most of us who can battle and command armies independently will leave for the holy land.
If it is decided that only one capable general will stay to defend each Duchy. Who of us will volunteer to stay behind and protect Franconia?
As im now 53 years old. I think it cant be me. How could i send my heirs to Holy Land and to possible death,while i will soon depart myself becouse of old age. No, i must join the crusade,while i dont think i will ever see the Holy land myself. I have desided that the man who will stay behind will be the next Duke of Franconia,becouse his sacrifice to not join this Holy deed is so great that he should be awarded for his commitment to our land and people.Speak up my Franconians.

flyd
03-20-2007, 03:46
I am prepared to stay behind if that this necessary.

Kagemusha
03-20-2007, 12:42
Von Hamburg. Im greatfull for you from stepping up in this dire situation and remember it. If you all have listened what the talks have been in the Diet. I would suggest for you to listen carefully what Duke Leopold has suggested. I think there is lot of merit in his words.
When it comes to the Edict i myself proposed.Its completely my personal opinion and you should all make your own decisions,wheather Kaiser should lead the Crusade or not.If the Crusade is called immediately.

Dutch_guy
03-20-2007, 17:52
I could stay behind, I have no problem with leading the Polish campaign. And I am sure the troops would appreciate another nobleman helping out, like von Hamburg. Not that our troops need help, mind you, but it would be good for morale - it shows them we care.

On the other hand, a crusade sounds interesting. However, I must think on it, and hear your advise on that decision. Is the current campaign more important than a, The, crusade ? Do we really need two of us to accompany the crusade ?

Kagemusha
03-21-2007, 12:37
Thank you for stepping up also Count Von Kastillien. It seems i will be confronted with a hard choice of who to be the next Duke,since we have so many good men.

Csargo
03-21-2007, 22:23
OOC:I can vote on the current Edicts, right?

Kagemusha
03-21-2007, 22:24
OOC: Yes you can.:yes:

Kagemusha
03-22-2007, 14:23
Where is knight Von Mahren? His input would be crucial to the votes and he is nowhere to be found.

Dutch_guy
03-22-2007, 16:36
Indeed it would, we must form a solid unity.

flyd
03-23-2007, 00:22
Von Mahren's absence is very ill-timed. It must be known if he wishes to join the crusade personally. Our house has no fewer than four knights, which is more than any of the other houses. We ought to be able to send more than one. Participation in the crusade must be confirmed quickly, for it will leave fairly soon.

Kagemusha
03-23-2007, 05:14
Well i will go as you have learned already.Maybe i should go alone.Afterall you are all still young and also you dont have much on your concious.Altough i would be happy for one of the Franconians to reach our destination.Becouse im afraid,that the journey will be too long for me.

Jalf
03-24-2007, 20:08
My sincere apologies. I suppose I'd grown accustomed to the quiet of Prague. It's not a bad place to spend a few years, and I'm sad to say their ale is far superior to ours... However, it's also an easy place to forget all about the busy world of politics. I rarely hear a word from the Diet or from Franconia, or even from the Poles I am supposed to defend against.
(OOC: Also, I've had literally no free time for the last week or so. It's not that I'd forgotten about the game, but I literally haven't been at my home computer for the last week. The next week or so (until the 30th) may not be much better, but after that, I'll have lots of time. I promise I'll be back with a vengeance then. That's also why this assignment in Prague has suited me so well. When I don't have time to play anyway, sending me to a dull Austrian city that isn't actually being threatened by the Poles any more works pretty well ;))

But with the news of emergency diets, dead popes and crusades, even Prague couldn't keep me out of the loop. I see the voting has closed in the Diet, unfortunately, but the results seem somewhat acceptable.

If I am not urgently needed in Franconia or Austria, I would be honored to join the crusade. The Reich may need all the penance and forgiveness it can get, and as one of the few Franconians who actually attend church regularly, I can hardly refuse.
at this, von Mahren winks at his less than pious countrymen, obviously just making a bit of fun at their expense

Besides, someone ought to go with our Duke. He is not getting any younger, and while I expect he'd be a formidable warrior even on his deathbed, such a journey may pose other obstacles. And after years in Prague, a change of scenery would probably do me good.

By the way, Franconia looks as beautiful as I remembered it. I should have taken the journey back to my homelands more often.
Please continue looking after our lands in the coming years. It may be a while before we all meet again.

Kagemusha
03-24-2007, 20:14
I would be honoured for you to join me on the Holy Crusade Von Mahren. I think it is then settled. Von Kastillien and Von Hamburg will hold the shield of Franconia against our enemies,while i and Von Mahren will go to the Holy land. Does anyone have grievances with that? If not,Von Mahren.I want you to go to the Crusader Council and declare that you will come with us.

Dutch_guy
03-24-2007, 23:39
That sounds fine to me, I'm sure von Hamburg and myself will be able to keep our house running, even without our Duke, and von Mahren of course.

May god watch over you, and may you both reach the Holy land alive and well.

Kagemusha
03-25-2007, 14:18
The Diet has opened again. If any of you have suggestions for Edicts please tell your opinions here, so we can turn the opinions to house edicts. I will give my wishes about the future of Franconia before this Diet ends. But i hope you will all support Leopold as the next Chancellor,becouse he is friend to the Franconia and has always had a clear mind and steady arm.

Dutch_guy
03-25-2007, 15:25
Since you state you shall give suggestions as to our future plans, does that mean you won't be able to directly communicate with us once you and the crusade leave the Reich ?

Kagemusha
03-25-2007, 15:30
Von Kastillien.Yes.Once i will leave to the crusade,i will leave Franconia to the hands of Steward and will not also try to attend to the Imperial Diet anymore. I will concentrate on the Crusade and let the ones that are actually in the Reich and Franconia to deal with the problems here, my meddling from hundreds and thousends of miles away would only hamper your efforts.

Dutch_guy
03-27-2007, 14:39
I see, a prudent yet sad decision. Your advise and opinions are, and have been, of major influence here.

Also, will von Mahren remain in contact with the Reich ?

Kagemusha
03-27-2007, 22:48
Von Kastillien.I may try to send personal letters to home if possible,but as i sayed my burden of rule is about to be lifted. I will soon inform you all about my decisions about the steward of Franconia and the future Duke. After the Chancellor vote,i try to have little time,so i can visit Frankfurt before i leave. In Frankfurt i will give my last orders as the acting ruler of Franconia.

Jalf
03-27-2007, 23:40
I will try to stay in contact as far as possible, but with the distances involved, it may be difficult, but yes, expect the occasional messenger. Luckily, if that is the appropriate word, I have not been appointed count of a province yet, so the day-to-day running of Franconia hopefully won't depend on me.

But of course, I will be back as soon as possible, and then, hopefully I'll get to spend some time in Franconia... That would be a welcome change.

Kagemusha
03-28-2007, 22:19
Congratulations to Von Mahren.You are now Count Von Mahren of Magdeburg. And also the new Franconian Steward. Steward Von Kastillien.

flyd
03-29-2007, 02:05
*von Hamburg gets up and walks out of the Franconian assembly*

Dutch_guy
03-29-2007, 21:28
Fellow Franconians,

I can only hope I can tread in the footsteps of our Dietrich - while he is away, on his Holy mission. But our house has never been more powerful than it is, and I see no reason why this should change whilst Dietrich is away.

Lastly, with losing two valuable assets to our house, I hope those remaining will do all in their power to keep our house in it's powerful position...

*eyes the empty space where von Hamburg sat a mere moment ago*

I am sure we will make the best of our situation, I will not let our house - and nation - down.

Dutch_guy
04-05-2007, 22:09
Fellow Franconians,

It has been a while since I have personally been here in our diet, as your stand in lord - as your steward.

I can not run this house, and part of the nation, alone. Your advise, on everything from our army to our economy is very much appreciated. Especially after losing two valuable assets to the Holy mission the Reich has started upon

In the west the English campaign against us, and in the east the Poles. Which war should we fight, and how must we fight it. These are questions that concern us all, and I must advise everyone of my fellow franconians to ponder on these delicate and important issues.

- Günther.

Csargo
04-09-2007, 05:37
I say attack the English first since they're unlikely to land another force anytime soon after we destroy their first one. Then we can focus on the Poles since they will be able to march an army from their homelands while the English will have to sail their troops from England.

Dutch_guy
04-28-2007, 12:47
I say attack the English first since they're unlikely to land another force anytime soon after we destroy their first one. Then we can focus on the Poles since they will be able to march an army from their homelands while the English will have to sail their troops from England.

Which may be true, but the Poles are the more determined foe of the two. We've never lost a battle against them, but they keep on coming anyway - even when at least half of their initial lands are now ours. Thorn, one of our nations most modern troop producing castles, isn't and never will be safe if the Polish are let live. Seemingly they still think there's some sort of hope left for them to regain their lost lands, a foolish thought, but also a potentially dangerous one for us.

Kagemusha
05-07-2007, 12:52
Greetings from Asia,

I have received some letters that have forced me to write an open letter to the house members of Duchy of Franconia. After i withdrew from Politics,i named Count Von Kastillien as acting Steward of Franconia.
This was not an easy choice between Von Kastillien and Von Hamburg. Von Hamburg had already served Franconia in the role of Steward during my banishment to other duties earlier and it seems he is now disgruntled about how Von Kastillien have handled the affairs of Steward.
Now i would like to start a public discussion with the two of you and also with the fourth Elector,how to organize things so that the affairs of Franconia would be handled well and we would regain our glory and power.
To me the key aspect is cooperation and i think that has been the main reason why we have lost some of our status in the Imperial diet. The Electors have to put aside their personal ambitions and work together or we will remain divided and weak. Facts that support my assumptions about lack of cooperation are for example that there has been next to nothing of discussion inside our house before Imperial Diet´s,while Steward have tryed to open discussions.
Last i must express that while i have named an Steward for our Duchy.I havent named my heir and i will not do that untill on my last will.

Dietrich Von Saxony

Duke of Franconia

Dutch_guy
05-07-2007, 22:00
It is with pain in my hart that I have heard of our esteemed Leader's death. Dietrich is no more, Franconia has lost it's leader.

I call for a day of mourning, and I call upon the house as Steward to put aside all differences which may exist here in this very house, and act and discuss as Dietrich would have wished us to do. As said so in the very last letter sent to this House.

Discussion must indeed be made, and I hope my attempts will not be in vain again. This house cannot function without input. Let us hope Dietrich will look down upon us with at least some pride, we must not let him down!

I urge my esteemed colleagues von Hamburg, von Mahren, and the fourth elector, to pray for Dietrich's soul. And to lead this house to better times, for Franconia and the Reich.

flyd
05-08-2007, 00:20
This is a sad day. There should be a period of mourning. It is hardly an appropriate time to descend into squabbling and bickering, if that is indeed the direction in which things will head.

flyd
05-13-2007, 23:56
Fellow nobles of Franconia,

Franconia has gotten bigger, but is still surrounded by enemies on all sides. The Household Army has for a long time been far in the east, and is incapable of responding quickly in the west. Obviously, two armies are now needed to defend Franconia. However, the current law only allows for one Franconian army. This situation leaves the entire western part of Franconia to be defended at the discretion of the Chancellor. The previous Chancellors, namely Leopold and von Kassel, have done a good job in providing the resources needed to repel incursions of the English, the Poles, as well as internal insurrections. However, the defense of Franconia is far too important a matter to be left entirely in Imperial hands. To deal with this, I propose that we propose the following Charter Amendment at the next Diet session. Discussion and suggestions are welcome, and if the final version receives two seconders from within our house, it can be proposed as a House Edict.

Charter Amendment: Each Duke may designate a Second Household Army during a Diet session. The military formation that can be designated as a Second Household Army is subject to the following conditions:

1. The formation must be within the territory of the Duchy.
2. The formation must be commanded by an Army Commander belonging to the Duchy.
3. The formation must be at least 6 regiments in strength at the time of designation.

Commanders may be loaned between houses for the purposes of Condition 2. The designation of a Second Household Army is valid as long as the Army continues to meet all three conditions, or until a different formation is designated by the Duke. The Second Household Army is commanded in the same way as the First Household Army; it is subject to Clauses 1-4 of Charter Amendment 5.1, which are quoted below. However, the Chancellor has no obligation to maintain the Second Army at any minimum strength.

The command of the Second Household Army is governed by the following clauses (from CA 5.1):

1) The Household Army may not be removed from the House’s provinces without the permission of the Duke.
2) The Duke will determine where the Household Army is to be garrisoned. This location can be changed at any time, so long as the Duke informs the Chancellor of the move. The Chancellor will not remove the Household Army from the garrison without the Duke’s permission, except as required to fulfill Clause 4.
3) The Duke will determine who commands the Household Army.
4) At the beginning of each Diet session the Duke may assign general orders to the Household Army, which are to be carried out by the Chancellor. Between Diet sessions, any additional orders submitted by Dukes are to be implemented only at the Chancellor's discretion. The Duke may select one of the following Orders: (1) attack any rebel force in House territory, (2) attack any hostile force in House territory, including other factions, (3) attack any foreign or rebel army in House territory, including neutral (but not allied or crusading) factions, (4) temporary assignment to another House, (5) assignment to offensive duties. If Order (4) is chosen, the Duke may determine the time limit of the temporary assignment and the commanding general, but all other decisions are made by the Duke of the receiving house. When the time limit expires, the Household Army must be immediately returned to House lands, no matter what other circumstances occur, unless the Duke agrees otherwise. If Order (5) is chosen, the Duke may specify an enemy settlement or army as the objective and the commanding general. The settlement or army must be in a province that borders the House and the Reich must already be at war with the target. All other decisions are made by the Chancellor. The Duke may recall the Household Army from offensive duties at any time and for any reason.

Kagemusha
05-14-2007, 18:21
Count Von Mahren

Greetings!
I would like to inform that i have left from the Holy land and im on my way back home to Franconia. I received the word from Count Von Hamburgs proposal and i whole heartedly agree with it. I hope to be back in home soon and as my Crusading mission is over im looking forward on joining the Imperial Diet. In my opinion we should lobby through Von Hamburgs proposal as he is completely right that a single army is not enough to protect our Duchy.

Dutch_guy
05-16-2007, 15:41
Franconians,

I would like to praise von Hamburg's ideas. In times such as these when the Poles, Russians and even the English are threatening our borders and our lands it is time to guarantee that nothing can endanger us. Therefore, one eastern army isn't enough, as Fredericus pointed out.

I would like to hear you all on this matter, before we can put this in front of the Diet to be voted upon. I daresay no objections to the idea per sé will be made, but suggestions and improvements to the original suggestion are of course encouraged - if there are any.

Lastly, I would like to welcome my own son Ansehelm to this Franconian Diet. Let us hear what he has to say...

Your Duke,

Günther.

Dutch_guy
05-16-2007, 15:45
Also, if you have any suggestions as to what to build in our settlements, or what we should focus on for the duration of this chancellor's reign, please speak up !

Your input is important.

Günther.

Kagemusha
05-16-2007, 15:53
Mein Duke have you consider allocating more settlements by giving countship for your son for example? Im happy to stay on Magdeburg if needed,but im also ready move on other castle/city nearer our borders once i arrive to Reich. Also as you are well aware i wanted away from Holyland,but does any of you want to journey into outrememer? It seems Kaiser Henry would like to see Franconians there also.Also mein Duke.I wish that you would decide what to build in Magdeburg untill i reach Franconia and get better picture of the building needs of my castle.

Stig
05-16-2007, 16:05
Ansehelm:

I know little of what's going on at this time, as I've only just started looking at matters of state, but I would like to say this:
I second the proposal by Count Von Hamburg. I must also say that it might be wise to suggest expanding to the east. If we look at the current map of our empire we clearly see that we border 3 enemies (and 4 if you also count the rebels). While other duchies sometimes only border 1 enemy (neglecting the crusades this is).
https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4733/hremapdg1.jpg
By taken atleast one of the Polish cities we will secure our eastern flank as well take loads of resources from them.

This ofcourse can only be done if we have also an army in the west. I think that this doesn't have to be a big army, a small "reaction" force will do.

Kagemusha
05-16-2007, 16:27
I agree with Ansehelm.I think we should suggest on taking the Polish capital of Krakow.This would neutralize the Polish threat as their cities in the Steppes wont create much income. I think Austrians could support us with the edict as it would also secure their own flank.

Dutch_guy
05-16-2007, 19:08
Mein Duke have you consider allocating more settlements by giving countship for your son for example? Im happy to stay on Magdeburg if needed,but im also ready move on other castle/city nearer our borders once i arrive to Reich.

Yes, my son and I have been discussing it. I shall appoint my son count, but I have not yet decided where to the east I shall let him go. Although I have full confidence in his abilities, he is my son after all, I am still unsure if I shall send him to Thorn. Quite a dangerous area, I'll give him the time to give his yes or no.

We could use one of your abilities to fight, and we need the people on the western front to eventually fight the English and maybe even the Danes later on. However, let us see how the western front develops itself, and what your thoughts are when your closer to home...

Dutch_guy
05-20-2007, 22:03
Franconians,

There are several things I wish you to take note of.

First of all, edict 8.3 was passed:

Edict 8.3: As soon as possible a second Crusade to the Holy Lands should be called by Emperor Henry. The target would depend on the current situation but should be one of the places mentioned in the Emperors draft for the Kingdom of Outremere.
At least one Franconian and Austrian general should participate so that each House will be represented in this new Kingdom.

Which means one of us is destined to march on to the Holy land, as soon as he can, to take the city of Damascus.

As far as I see it, Thorn will be governed by my son - Ansehelm.

The question then remains if von Hamburg, currently supervising the Franconian Household army in my stead, or myself will journey to the Holy land.

As your Duke I shall take the responsibility upon myself, if Fredericus does not wish to go, to march with the crusade - as our late Duke Dietrich did before us.

If he does wish to go, then I again shall lead the Franconian army in the east.

So Fredericus, will you march to the Holy land, or serve your House from it's home land ?

Franconians, your comments and suggestions are always welcome, however, time is of the essence and one day should be enough to give answer to the query at hand. Otherwise I shall make it myself.

Your Duke,

Günther

flyd
05-20-2007, 22:23
Very well, then.

econ21
05-20-2007, 22:45
Very well, then.

An Imperial scribe looks puzzled by this answer and thinks, does he mean:

Very well, I will march on Outremer?

or

Very well, I serve my House from it's homeland?

flyd
05-20-2007, 23:45
You, scribe! Why haven't you scribed anything yet? Surely my perfectly concise and, err.. clear answer of responding in the affirmative on the issue of going to the Outremer needs to be relayed to the Chancellor. Well, get on with it!

Stig
05-27-2007, 21:09
Short letter from the "count" of Thorn to all Franconian nobles

Fellow Franconian Nobles, I suggest that for the upcoming Imperial Diet we propose an Edict that will mean more interest in the defence of our Reichs borders and expansion into the East.
I propose we should propose to do more to attack Russia, Poland and Hungary and that we should even start our own Teutonic Crusade against Russia and Poland. There might be little to find in the East, but they give us room to live and most of all room for safety. The steppes are big and once we secure big pieces of lands for ourselves we don't have to worry about the East anymore. In that case 1 small army in that area will do.

I also say that we should continue with what we wanted to propose for the last Diet, small second household armies.

Awaiting your reply

Ansehelm, former count of Thorn

Dutch_guy
05-28-2007, 11:25
That has been done under Charter Amendment 9.4. I suggest you put forward an edict concerning an eastern crusade yourself, it will be seconded - a Teutonic crusade would do our house and the Reich good, and show the eastern barbarians our true determination to see this thing trough.

I also urge all Franconians to at least second the charter amendment 9.4, and get it through the voting rounds.

Stig
05-28-2007, 11:56
I really am worried about the amount of men that want to start crusading. Don't they see the Reich itself is in trouble. On our Eastern Front all we have is a Franconian Household Army which has loads of casualties. Next to that we have Danes in the North and there's no way we can defend against them.

Next to that there are only 3 Franconian Nobles, so we won't be able to get our own edicts through on our own. We need massive help, and seeing as people are willing to crusade in the Outremer it will be pretty hard.

If Edict 9.5 doesn't get through I suggest we simply retake Thorn and I will garrison it with a good garrison. The other border city of Breslau should be defended by one of my brothers. We should prepare on not getting 9.5 so it should be wise to prepare for a defensive campaign.

Kagemusha
05-30-2007, 20:02
A messenger enters the Franconian assembly and starts to read an letter.

"Mein Duke,Franconian nobles. I have embarked on the soil of Europe and im currently in Thessalonika. I have to inform you that after talks with Duke Leopold of Austria i have agreed on helping the Austrians by taking over the siege of the city and i will prepare to take it. After that i will continue commanding the Austrian household army,untill Austrian commander will be available to take over it.
Leopold and i have agreed that my oldest son will be given title in the Austrian Duchy as count of Prague and that the next generation of our family will be Austrians. But this doesnt concern me and i will still be holding the title Count of Magdeburg and continue serving Franconia.
After i have settled issues here in Austria i will return to Franconia and im ready to serve our Duchy in any capacity needed. I hope to see you all soon.

Yours,

Jonas Von Mahren"

Stig
05-30-2007, 20:05
Ansehelm instructs the messenger to return the following message

Would one of your sons ever wish to visit Franconia they will be more then welcome at my place, after the Household Army retakes it.
Return soon, Franconia is in need of good generals as we border many enemies. Magdeburg even is in the line of fire.

Dutch_guy
05-30-2007, 21:23
It's a waste to have you're family and you leave our House Jonas, but it is your choice and I deem it to be wrong to try and force you to do otherwise - as your Duke. I hope this event doesn't take too much of your free time, as we could use you here as soon as possible.

gibsonsg91921
06-06-2007, 02:22
I, Peter von Kastilien, hereby formally present myself before the Duchy of Franconia.

As an elector, I believe that our secular relations with our allies are much more important than relations with the Pope. The Papal States, as a powerful political entity, are a secular nation in my eyes, and Outremer is there solely to protect our relations with those around the world.

Mostly, our allies the Portuguese and the Byzantine Empire are uppermost in my mind as they control the corners of the Mediterannean and protect our trade and shores with their powerful navies. We should seek to foster these relationships.

Lastly, we should punish our enemies the Russians and Polish for their audacity in alienating our borders for too long. I believe the FHA should push east, while stalling the excommunicated Vikings until the eastern threat is neutralized. This way we can open a northern front against Hungary as well as push to the Black Sea for its lucrative trade.

Dutch_guy
06-06-2007, 20:37
Welcome to this assembly Peter, what a nice surprise to have yet another of my kind enter this noble body.

I'm of the opinion that we should maintain good relations with just about everyone not on our eastern side. As those nations have yet to disappoint me with regard to their ruthlessness and barbarity.

Trade relations should be kept in good state with everyone not at war with us, and especially with the greater powers you listed, the great trade powers I mean of course.

As you may or may not know, the Household army's main goal the next years will be the exact thing you stated: driving the Poles and Russians back, until their expansionist ideas are no more than ideas of the far away past. And their major cities and castles our possessions...

gibsonsg91921
06-09-2007, 17:38
Those Polish scoundrels continue to flout our supreme authority! It is well that Ansehelm was ready for them this time they came to Thorn. It is time the FHA strikes back and takes Krakow, their capital.

Stig
06-09-2007, 17:46
No, the FHA should turn North and rout the Russians near Thorn. Otherwise I'm in big :daisy:

gibsonsg91921
06-09-2007, 17:48
OOC: i havent seen a recent save file or else i would have known that lol

After Thorn is secured, our goals for the future must include the capture of Krakow.

Dutch_guy
06-09-2007, 23:49
My scouts have not yet determined the strength of the besiegers, but it goes without saying our household army will help you in your battle Ansehelm.

After that its Krakow.

gibsonsg91921
06-12-2007, 02:43
My friends, my emissary to Bavaria has discovered that the Bavarians do not think highly of us Franconians.

His report:

You speak the truth, Matthias. I am not certain if you have noticed, but the Houses do not seem intent on cooperation at this moment in time. The Swabians continue to pursue their vendetta against the French and the Franconians continue their mindless ravings about the Poles. Only Bavaria and Austria have had amicable relations lately, thanks to my friendship with Duke Arnold. I am certain we will continue to be close allies of the Austrians, but they have their hands full at the moment. We simply must look to our own resources for our defense.

I believe that we must make some kind of proposal on our behalf must be made to shore up relations with our friends the Bavarians. While my brother Ansehelm and I have had our quarrels with the Swabian house of late, Bavaria, our longtime allies and Southern anchors of the Reich, has not fallen out of our favor. My emissary noted that as of late they struggle to create troops to defeat the Milanese once and for all - I propose that Franconia assist them and send a small sending-force to assist in their capture of Sardinia, which they plan to assist Sicily in taking.

Kagemusha
06-13-2007, 21:58
Letter from Jonas Von Mahren

I completely disagree with the young Von Kastillien.Look at the votes.Franconia has been united when others ramble with their own personal goals.Im now in Rome in diet and can see things clearly. We dont need to kiss the boots of the Bavarians or any other houses. If any house ours has stood against the enemies of the Reich while most of the resources have been blundered to other areas or the Outremer. I think we should speak between ourselves and decide our stands together, rather then visit the talks of other houses.I think in that Young Von Kastillien has made an bad example out of himself. Austria has been our traditional ally and we should keep good relations with them.Maybe also develop our relations with Swabians so we can act together if the need raises incase Danes decide to invade with force. The Bavarians and us has the least amount the same intrests,so i see them as most insignificant and their wishes on attacking the Italian islands as wormongering and acting against the holy fathers wishes.

Jonas Von Mahren

Stig
06-13-2007, 22:16
Ansehelm: Herr von Mahren is right. And I propose that my young brother drops the contacts which he will mostlikely have with Lothar Steffen. We are Franconia, not some other duchy. If Bavaria can't attack Milan tough luck, aslong as we can attack our enemies.

gibsonsg91921
06-15-2007, 15:04
Father, thank thee for my knightship.

The Tenth Session of Diet is coming up, does anyone have any edicts in mind? Let's build up Thorn, get the FHA on the move, etc.

Stig
06-15-2007, 15:07
I'm working on an edict to take care of the Russians by means of a seperate army next to the FHA.

OOC: Due to my well increased influence. I've got 6 loyalty (+1), 15 points in total (+1) and I'm count (+1). It should be far easier for us to mean something.

gibsonsg91921
06-15-2007, 15:21
OOC: I'm count +1, idk about my stats but i think theyre insufficient
Lords, post any planned edicts here soon so we can revise them if necessary.

Dutch_guy
06-16-2007, 15:22
You're welcome Peter, you've earned it. Plus, you're by far the best commander of the family, would be a shame to hamper your potential.

Ansehelm, would you care - as Peter suggested - let us review the edict before presenting it to the Diet itself ? Keep in mind I will have to, as our Duke, request such a second army - as stated in the latest Charter Amendment we proposed last session.

Stig
06-16-2007, 15:46
(OOC: Peter's no longer the best Kastilien anymore DG. Ansehelm as the same amount of command now. Sides he has defense and wall attack bonuses.)
(OOC: CA 9.4 failed, we can't have a second army)

The edict will be something like:

Edict 10.?

An attack will be held against the the Russian barbarians. An army will be gathered for a Teutonic Crusade against the Russian.
This army shall from the start be commanded by a Franconian general, but generals from other houses are allowed to join as well.

The goal of this small non-popal campaign is attacking and sacking the settlements of Vilnius, Riga, Novgorod and Helsinki. Many fine buildings in these settlements will be destroyed before leaving the settlements again, so they can turn into the hands of rebels. This should damage the Russian warmachine and additionally give us many gold.

The objective is to finish this crusade by the year 1280.

gibsonsg91921
06-16-2007, 16:31
Maybe something like:

"Edict 10.?

An attack will be held against the the Russian barbarians. An army will be gathered for a Baltic Crusade against the Russians.
This army shall from the start be commanded by a Franconian general, but generals from other houses are allowed to join as well.

The goal of this small non-papal campaign is attacking and sacking the settlements of Vilnius, Riga, Novgorod and Helsinki. Many buildings in these settlements will be destroyed before leaving the settlements again, such as buildings of happiness and law, so they can turn into the hands of rebels. This should damage the Russian warmachine and additionally fill our coffers.

The objective is to finish this crusade by the year 1280."

A few changes in the wording to prevent confusion. Remember, everyone can post their own edict plus the Duke can propose house edicts, so use them to help Franconia, and use them all.

Stig
06-16-2007, 18:14
Good one brother, tho I must say that we should also destroy the military buildings

gibsonsg91921
06-16-2007, 18:41
OOC: We want it to still be hard, and typically military buildings and law buildings are similar

Dutch_guy
06-16-2007, 19:54
The edict, as it is, sounds good. Perhaps we could negotiate with ...a certain house or person who might help us achieve this goal in the future. We need additional support for our edict to make it, we should see to it we get it this time - like we should have gotten our charter amendment.

gibsonsg91921
06-16-2007, 19:57
Father is right - send messages to your friends in other houses to ensure their support of this edict.

I believe Bavaria is a strong place to look for support as they had a part of their Household Army bribed by the Russians.

Stig
06-16-2007, 21:31
Maybe we can get the Austrians to help us, afterall their army was bribed by the Russians

And we should second our own edict, so it gets through

gibsonsg91921
06-16-2007, 21:38
I believe it was the Bavarians to get their army bribed by Russians, or maybe it was both. In either case, Austria would be inclined to help us. Of course we must second our own edict - I think we shouldn't have a problem passing it through vote if it is seconded. Send messages to people of high influence to ensure their votes and persuade them. I have sent messages to Duke Gerhard and Lothar Steffen, Ulrich Hummel, and Duke Arnold. We must persuade men from each house that this is the best for the Reich.

Stig
06-16-2007, 21:47
We have the advantage that there are many of us. (OOC: I have not checked the latest game, and the influence hasn't been updated for some time, so I don't know how we compare to the other houses.)
And with the help of these men we should be there

gibsonsg91921
06-16-2007, 21:50
I await the responses but I believe that I can persuade these men to help us. I will send a message to Prinz Jobst as well.

I believe the main issue with this edict is that we have to present it in such a way that we don't look like the barbarians, mindlessly killing these cities and their citizens, even if they are the Russians.

Edit: Are there any other edicts in need of revision/approval/support? The Baltic Crusade edict is to be our House Edict, correct? Are there any personal edicts?

Dutch_guy
06-21-2007, 14:22
Alas, losing is never easy - especially for those not accustomed to it - but those three votes made it happen alright.

A shame, but I am sure we'll come to live with it. The sooner we do, the better.

Stig
06-21-2007, 14:33
I am still happy as now we still have our crusade. Sides when Siegfried and I reach Moscow the new Diet will have started so who says we can't sack other settlements as well on the road back.

Hell who says we'll even go back. I'll be happy to continue to Bulgar and sack the Russian fortress, that will really damage the Russians.

Ituralde
06-27-2007, 16:59
Fellow Franconians,

It is with great regret that I inform you, that I will not be able to participate in the Eastern Crusade currently staged by my brother Ansehelm. Foremost is the fact that I'm still stuck in Prague, instead of being with my brother near the Eastern border of Thorn territory. I don't want this project to be delayed by my absence.

Furthermore, our Emperor Jobst has requested me to join him in his Imperial Army, he is currently commanding. I don't know what his plans are, but as a loyal servant I felt obliged to agree. I have already sent word to the Chancellor that I wish to join Emperor Jobst, and hope that I will be able to campaign with him, if I can't help my brother Ansehelm.

I still wish you success in your task Ansehelm. May you defeat the Russians in honourable battle. The glory is all yours now!

Stig
06-27-2007, 17:36
You being in Prague is no problem little brother, but if the Kaiser request your presence it's important and you should obey to his order, it will be good for you.
Peter could take your place, but Duke Gunther, father, is getting old, and when I'm gone we need a strong man to defend the Household Army.
Herr von Mahren too isn't the youngest anymore, so we can't rely on him to take full control of our Household army.

So I think I will go on my own, if I ever get the change to go.
If the army building hasn't started in a month (OOC: 24 more hours of no chancellor report and Ansehelm will be pissed off) I will return to Rome to demand it.

(OOC: you will still have to fight some battles for the crusade m8, I'm gone entire July, I'll have no MTW2 for a month, I will have internet tho).

Dutch_guy
06-28-2007, 13:39
As I've deduced from discussions both in the Diet as in this body, I am currently the only nobleman in the FHA. As my son, and your brother, correctly stated I am getting old. And with Ansehelm on crusade, and Peter up in the north, someone will have to lead the FHA. So you may join the imperial army, may be good for your experience, but do understand that when I die in the somewhat near future someone 'll have to take my place. By the looks of it, either you - Siegfried - or Peter will. At least with my eldest on crusade.

Stig
06-28-2007, 13:50
You are getting old father. You're in Thorn (last time I looked) and I lead the FHA. Peter is somewhere up north fighting a battle to the death.
Herr von Mahren is still in a forest outside Hamburg.
Herr von Hamburg is in the Outremer, together with his sons Dieter, Jan and Helmut I believe.
That leaves only Fritz in Franconia itself.
The Herren von Mahren, von Hamburg and von Kastillien are getting old, and we can't expect them to do many more things in future. Franconia will revert to an entire new order with me and Helmut as the oldest in the House, but still young compared to many others.

If we get our emergency session I will soon leave for Russia, I don't know what will become of Peter, that would mean Fritz is the only Franconian left to defend our big Duchy.

Ituralde
06-28-2007, 14:52
Once I am knighted, I will gladly lead the Franconian Household, alone or with you, father!

Dutch_guy
06-29-2007, 00:07
I have reached an agreement with our Kaiser, Jobst.

Siegfried will join the Imperial Army, thereby gaining the needed experience for him to eventually lead a force of his own. I'd rather have him garner his experience in the Imperial Army than in Ansehelm's crusade, whenever that takes off that is, as I do not know how the situation with Peter in the north will unfold. With that in mind, I'd rather have him do something which he can end at any time. As We all know one is bound to see a crusade through to the end, plus, I don't like the idea of him having to travel alone through hostile lands when the homefront desperately needs him.

With Ansehelm away on his Holy mission, Peter's life in the balance, and my advanced age we need someone - Siegfried - to be able to fill in the gaps as soon as possible. As Ansehelm correctly stated, someone will have to command the FHA once I'm gone.

gibsonsg91921
06-29-2007, 00:11
I will be glad to lead the Household Army of Franconia - I have been dishonored by having to flee from my first two battles and I wish to redeem myself.

Stig
06-29-2007, 00:14
I too have reached an agreement with the Kaiser, mostlikely Hummel will be impeached and the Kaiser will do the wisest thing by becoming chancellor and restoring peace.
My crusade army however needs to be trained from nowhere, which will be done in Magdeburg. As soon as I get a save passage out of Thorn I will take it to go to Magdeburg, that leaves Peter in control of Thorn and it's defence.

As it's now we will all return to Thorn. Peter managed to get away from the Russian, I got away from the Poles twice and have beaten them in a later battle, after which I retreated on Thorn.

As soon as the Kaiser has become chancellor I will send him what to do with the Thorn garrison, as it needs to prepare to mostlikely two sieges in a very short time.

gibsonsg91921
06-29-2007, 17:36
Indeed - we must ensure that Thorn has many archers as well as infantry. Cavalry will not prove too useful in the citadel walls. I suggest that if besieged, we wait until they assault and drive it back defensively as their large armies will be incredibly difficult to sally forth and drive back.

Dutch_guy
06-29-2007, 18:23
But won't recruitment in Magdenburg set you back years in comparison to recruitment in Thorn ? Or have the recruitment facilities now matched Thorn's capabilities ?

I understand the choice for Magdenburg though, it's better to raise an army without the fear of isolation and a siege, but I don't think the crusade 'll take off faster at any rate.

Stig
06-29-2007, 18:35
Thorn will be under siege and dangerous.
Magdeburg can recruit the infantry and the archers. (4x dismounted knights, 4x armoured swordsmen, 4x some sort of archers)
Next to that I requested 2 regiments of Teutonic Knights, who need to come from elsewhere. And 4 regiments of Mounted Sergeants, though I expressed the wish to change some of these Mounted Sergeants for Mounted Crossbowmen, that would make sure I would meet the Russians on equal terms.

OOC: Mounted Crossbowmen are some of the best unit in the game. They are standard in any High Era army on MP ... unless you can get Border Horseys.

Dutch_guy
07-08-2007, 12:32
May I be the first to officially welcome the latest addition of the von Hamburg family to this body !

Welcome Jan von Hamburg [Privateerkev], we look forward to your contribution to the noble house of Franconia.

Privateerkev
07-08-2007, 16:10
I thank the Duke for his warm words of welcome. Since I came of age at 16, I have been busy helping my father in the Outremer and have not been very active in house affairs. I hope to change that soon and take a more active role.

OOC: My character has been in play for a few game years(he's in his 20's and has obviously been used in the game) but as an NPC.

gibsonsg91921
07-09-2007, 16:00
We must keep a large garrison in Thorn, but the FHA should be outside of it ready to spring an attack on its besiegers, making it easier than sallying out. Thorn will need all the troops it can get.

Welcome, cousin, to the Council of Franconia!

Stig
07-09-2007, 16:11
Thorn is difficult to maintain. We can't use it to retrain troops if it's constantly under siege, but I'm quite confident that if we beat the current 2 big armies near Thorn we are safe for a while.
After that I will leave for Russia, making sure they won't attack.
I suggest that with an edict we again propose to take Krakow in the next Diet session. That should take the Polish pressure of Thorn.

You, my brother, should prepare to lead the FHA in future, as I will not be capable to do as I will be in Russia and next to us the others have not shown to be our best commanders (OOC: Peter and Ansehelm have by far the most command of the younger Franconians).

I suspect that next year we will come under siege by the Poles, and depending on what there army is made up we can sally out or let them attack (OOC: you can easely beat an attacking army, bog them down in the narrow streets and let them be fired upon by archers on higher walls. If however they don't have artillery (proper artillery ballista's don't count as) I would like to sally out and destroy them, if the odds are with us)).

After that Polish army we should expect another Russian army, but that will be it for some time.

gibsonsg91921
07-09-2007, 16:20
Typically I prefer to let the rats come to me; the citizens of Thorn will marvel at our conquests when they see them!

Indeed, the Poles are becoming a nuisance aren't they? However, I propose we take one of their unit-producing castles and grant it to an ally, say, the Byzantines, to relieve the stress laid upon the citizens of Thorn and the rest of Franconia.

I believe that it will be easiest to defend Thorn if the FHA is nearby outside and Thorn is constantly recruiting. Of course, we must ensure the Kaiser's cooperation. As you, brother, are the Count of Thorn, I suggest you make correspondence with our Kaiser and Chancellor and let him know of our needs.

Privateerkev
07-15-2007, 19:16
Jan travels from the East for a short stay while the Emergency Session is underway.

Fellow Franconians,

I have heard of the new election coming up and I was wondering what we, as a house, are going to do about it. I wanted to talk in here and "keep it in the family" as it were, before participating in the diet session. While I like the King's idea of letting Ebelhard assume a "caretaker" chancellorship, what do we do if a Franconian runs against him? Is Ansehelm thinking of running a serious campaign? If so, do we throw the weight of our house behind him?

Stig
07-15-2007, 21:11
I never had any intentions on running a full and serious campaign. Hell, I would have voted for Elberhard myself. Would Elberhard not have competition I would throw myself in, mainly to see how Franconia and myself are doing compared to the rest of the Reich.

Privateerkev
07-15-2007, 21:27
Well, now that it seems as if my father is running for chancellorship, my previous question seems moot. It would still be good to get a discussion going on in here since it seems the whole duchy is coming to witness the occasion.

Ituralde
07-17-2007, 10:19
All I can say is that I'm very please that the Diet has finally seen sense and now fully support my uncle Fredericus the Crusader with leading our Reich. Finally we can leave the troubled times behind us, and instead of trying to overcome the communication problems we had with the previous Chancellors, work on overcoming the real threats facing our Duchy and the Reich.

Dutch_guy
07-17-2007, 13:37
If only certain people of the Diet had made this choice years ago, it would have saved this house and the Reich itself much heartache.

gibsonsg91921
07-17-2007, 14:16
OOC: Fredericus is ur (adopted) uncle, ituralde

Privateerkev
07-17-2007, 14:55
OOC: Fredericus is ur (adopted) uncle, ituralde

OOC: The way I read it, I think he meant to have a comma in there. Meaning that Fredericus could support his father.

IC:

My fellow Franconians,

Now that the diet session is over, I must be off for the East. I look forward to seeing all of you again as my time over here is always far too short. With my father's rise to the chancellorship, I think we can all look forward to better days.

Farewell

Ituralde
07-17-2007, 21:26
OOC: Nah, I mixed up Fredericus and Gunther. Changed it to uncle. :sweatdrop:

Dutch_guy
07-19-2007, 22:39
For reasons of my old age, and deteriorating health, I have decided to assign my eldest son Ansehelm the title of Steward of Franconia. He will be your man to turn to, and he will be your leader in my short absence.

I am hoping to be able to continue my office at the head of this house in little more than a week.

Stig
07-20-2007, 17:32
In the absense of Gunther von Kastilien as Duke and a future absense of myself as Steward and Heir Peter von Kastilien has been made commander of our Householdarmy. He will thus have full control over it, since my father is getting weaker and weaker and I will leave for Russia soon.
He's one of the best generals in the Reich and I'm sure he will lead the FHA to new glory.

gibsonsg91921
07-20-2007, 17:43
I hope to be a bulwark against our foes until the day I die.

Stig
07-23-2007, 18:56
Message to all Franconians

In the recent discussions in the Diet Franconians have been rather fightfull, and I'm not saying that that is not good. I like a good fighting spirit. However I do not like fighting in the Diet.
I hereby warn every Franconian (excluding Fredericus von Hamburg and Jonas von Mahren as I know they won't let themselves been drawn out of their holes) that he who tries to fight in the Diet might suffer consequenses as being stripped from ranks.

I do not wish any grudge against the other houses. If you wish one do it on your own. Don't, I repeat don't, drag your House into it.

Privateerkev
07-23-2007, 19:03
an aide to Jan speaks

My dear steward,

My lord Jan respects what you say. But, he has never tried to drag this house into his feud with Duke Arnold. My lord is a man of principles and could not let Arnold's actions go unanswered. It was Duke Arnold that approached you regarding this matter. All my lord asks, is that he be given leave to...take care of Duke Arnold. He will accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. My lord would say these things personally, but I have not seen him since he followed Duke Arnold out of the Diet.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 15:16
Jan walks into the great hall of Franconia

My fellow Franconians,

I have...dealt...with Duke Arnold. Now that unpleasent business seems to be behind me, I have something to say to all of you. I am dissapointed at the lack of support I saw in the Diet when Duke Arnold first verbally assaulted me, then physically assualted me, then had my knight killed. Ansehelm did all he could to back away from the issue as fast as his little heels could carry him. He even admits to cooresponding with Duke Arnold concerning this matter. Funny, I do not remember coorespondance. No member of this house wrote a letter to ask what was happening or to see how I was doing. I never expected help in taking on Duke Arnold. I took care of him myself and he will spend some time healing from what I did to him. But, how can this house claim to be a great house if it treats its members with such...indifference.

Now, I just recieved two letters from Ansehelm and Peter asking me to support Matthias for Chancellor. I will do so for my own reasons. But I find that its funny that now, when the Diet is in session, I all of a sudden am Franconian enough to talk to. Ansehelm could not disown me fast enough in the Diet when the going got tough. In fact, when he made his list of people who have pledged their support of Kaiser Siegfried, he put me on the list of all the non-Franconians who have voiced support and then said that all of the Franconians pledge to the Kaiser.

Well...I am Franconian!!!!

Not just when it is politically convenient for you. Not just when you need my vote. But always!! My older brother has been helping you defend Thorn for years!! Also, I would suggest that you get to know the Diet rules before you try to ban me fron that august body again my dear Ansehelm...

I will not easily forget the lack of support and love I have seen from my own house. And I will have to consider it long and hard before I aid any of you in your goals.

Turns and storms out

Stig
07-25-2007, 15:25
As you may well know I did not want Franconia to be pulled into a war between the Houses. As Franconian I support you, as Steward I can't always do that, simple as that.

Sides you must understand, sometimes the killing of prisoners is needed.

(OOC: I never said IC that I supported Arnold, I only said that OOC)

gibsonsg91921
07-25-2007, 15:31
My cousin Jan, I had no idea that the situation with Arnold became so grave, or else I would have helped you. I am loyal to my house, my family, and my friends.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 15:33
This isn't about prisoners but we will have words about that later! You said in the Diet to Arnold that you did not agree with me and I couldn't be "controlled". You even suggested dragging my father into this so he could "beat" me. Do I need to pull up Diet transcripts!? You tried to ban me from the Diet, a power you don't even have!! You threatened me in here afterwards. If you can not even support and protect your own people, then I am glad you are not Duke yet!

gibsonsg91921
07-25-2007, 15:38
ENOUGH!

Count Ansehelm was merely attempting to keep the peace between you and our oldest ally, Austria.

Now peace!

Stig
07-25-2007, 15:43
I did that all because I wish no harm in Franconia's relation with other Houses. We need them, on our own we are nowhere. Years ago I was as fightfull as you, I changed, because I need to take responsibilities now. Soon I will be the oldest Franconian, disregarding your brother as he seems to stay out of politics, in the open I can no longer speak like a Franconian, as I know my father he never could do that.

gibsonsg91921
07-25-2007, 15:49
Aye, Franconians are known for being rabble-rousers and always ready for a fight, but Ansehelm has sobered up as of late, taking a more diplomatic route to things.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 15:50
ENOUGH!

Count Ansehelm was merely attempting to keep the peace between you and our oldest ally, Austria.

Now peace!

NO!

Its not enough! He was trying to keep the peace by selling me out!

Your relation to another house was more important than one of your own people. You have both been warned. If you work with one of my enemies again, or try to muzzle me in the Diet, you will be sorry. I took on one Duke and by God I'll take on another. I've always wondered just how Duke Arnold knew which ship I was going to be taking back to Outremer...

gibsonsg91921
07-25-2007, 16:13
Sell you out? You started a quarrel with Duke Arnold, and Ansehelm was mediating best as he could.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 16:15
Sell you out? You started a quarrel with Duke Arnold, and Ansehelm was mediating best as he could.

Frederick only got involved after Bane threatened you! And how is it mediating if he only talks to one party!?! Ansehelm never talked to me about it. He only later made threats well outside of his granted authority.

gibsonsg91921
07-25-2007, 16:18
Steward Ansehelm only has the jurisdiction to punish you for indiscretion. Calling our oldest ally a coward is not the way to go. The matter is concluded - if we cannot have peace and trust in our own house how can we get anything done for the Reich in the Diet?

Stig
07-25-2007, 16:20
I did not have the time to talk to you, because when I was going to write you all the bad already happened, I saw no more use in it.

(OOC: by then you already decided to write a story about it, couldn't be bothered to get into that)

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 16:55
Steward Ansehelm only has the jurisdiction to punish you for indiscretion. Calling our oldest ally a coward is not the way to go. The matter is concluded - if we cannot have peace and trust in our own house how can we get anything done for the Reich in the Diet?

You yourself insulted Bane. And you were right to do so. But I couldn't? What logic is that? And the matter is not concluded until I say it is!! I have dealt with Arnold, now it is time to tie up the other loose ends in this matter. Hence my previous statements. I have put this whole house on notice. If you leave me hanging again, I will do everything in my power to torpedo this house's agenda. If you leave me alone and support me when I ask for it, you will find me quite agreeable to your plans. But if you ever give aid and comfort to a man who tries to kill me again, I will turn this house upside down.

And I will add, I was the first to support Kaiser Siegfried. And I have been very vocal in my support of him. But, it cut like a knife to see my name added to the list of non-Franconians who supported him. I will not forget that insult after I lost my best friend to a man who you never publicly denounced after he threatened both Peter and me.

Stig
07-25-2007, 17:02
I can not denounce Duke Arnold, my rank does not allow that. In the light of such things only your father, being chancellor, or the Franconian Duke would be able to speak to Arnold.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 17:11
I can not denounce Duke Arnold, my rank does not allow that. In the light of such things only your father, being chancellor, or the Franconian Duke would be able to speak to Arnold.

You could have said something! You could have been more supportive in the Diet like I have been for you. You bent over backwards to sniff that Duke's bottom! Maybe the real reason you and Duke Arnold aren't married is because your too busy buggering eachother!

You could have wrote me a letter. You heard I had been attacked yet I got not a word from a single member of this house. I recieved more condolences from members of Arnold's house than I did from my own.

And now you have the gall to just assume that I will support your legislative agenda!?! You will never take my vote for granted again! If I don't already agree with an edict, your going to have to work at convincing me to support it. I got hung out to dry to deal with that mad Duke on my own by my own house and I will not be taken for granted by those who treat me so!

Stig
07-25-2007, 17:13
I wanted to write you, but by then I heard you were going to duel, and I thought there was little I could do at that point.
You'd better talk to my little brother if you have problems in the Diet, he has the power, I lack it.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 17:19
No, but if you want to lead your house then your going to have to start leading! You did try to do something in the Diet, but it as against me and for that piece of !@#$ duke! Don't now act like you couldn't do or say anything! You chose not to because it was politically expedient to do so. And if you are going to be politically expedient with me, then I am going to be politically expedient with you and this house. You want to go marching off into Russia? Good luck getting the votes for it...

gibsonsg91921
07-25-2007, 18:25
Truly I did insult Bane, I do not bandy time with Dread Worms.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 18:54
Truly I did insult Bane, I do not bandy time with Dread Worms.

Yes and you right to do so. My point is why can't I? I at first only did what you did but Arnold singled me out and not you.

Stig
07-25-2007, 19:50
You insulted in a different way. Your insult was too much for Arnold, as you are not even a count.

And if you keep up this farce you will have a hard time getting anything done in future, you can't abondon to house you belong to.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 20:04
But I am a count. I am crusader count of Edessa. And I am not abandoning my house. But I feel my house has abandoned me. And that makes me sad. But I will not be used as a pawn in political power games.

Stig
07-25-2007, 20:10
If you feel your house has abondoned you I am sorry, but you must understand that your house, me in this case, can't support you if you insult other people. That will get your house into trouble, and I for one thing don't want that.

Sides if you want support ask for it, I will not just give my support to people. (OOC: Hey, Ansehelm got 4 Dread and just a bit more piety than Peter)

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 20:17
I was well within my right to insult the Duke. And he reacted completely out of bounds to the situation when he attacked me and had Frederick killed. And you were too busy sniffing his bottom. If you want to lead this house, then you have to support all of its members publicly. You can scold me in a letter or even in here. But you called me out in public and publicly took Duke Arnold's side. Are you the steward of Franconia or Austria?

Stig
07-25-2007, 20:19
I cannot support members of this House if I don't agree with what they say, would you have been in politics a little bit longer you would agree.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 20:34
Then we will disagree on that point and I will have to give careful consideration on whether to ever support you in public again. I thought we were family but if you want politics to trump over that then so be it. Its up to you my dear steward.

Stig
07-25-2007, 20:38
Ofcourse I don't want politics to go over family, but you have to understand that when I speak in public, in the Diet, that I have to let politics go over family.
As Ansehelm the Merciless I can, and will support you if you have a problem, as Steward Ansehelm I cannot always do that.

Privateerkev
07-25-2007, 20:49
Then I can not support you. And I will enjoy watching Arnold yell at you some more as he pleads with you in vain to control me.

Privateerkev
07-28-2007, 01:20
Boy a lot has happened in the last couple of days...

Figured I'd stop by the old great hall on my way back to Outremer.

Jan sits at the long wooden table, puts his feet up, and drinks a mug of beer.

I'm glad we seem to have gotten a lot of our stuff cleared up. I didn't want to end things on such a bad note.

Gets up from the table after downing the ale.

Well, I got a boat to catch. Good luck with the edicts and let me know if you need anything. Be sure to keep writing.

Stig
07-28-2007, 08:44
Fellow Franconians, I urge you to atleast vote in favour of the following Edicts and CA's

Edict 11.1
Edict 11.3
CA 11.4

As for the rest it is up to you. However I think that the following edicts are more than worth considering as well:

Edict 11.4
Edict 11.5
Edict 11.6
Edict 11.7
Edict 11.8
Edict 11.11
CA 11.6

Also I will vote in favour of Edict 11.6, tho I personally would like Thorn to be save first, Vilnius as 2-3 years away.
Also I do not approve of CA 11.8, what we do with prisoners is our business, not that of some uber high being up there that is supposed to be god.

Stig
07-28-2007, 15:58
Peter, why did someone, who kills prisoners as you do, vote for CA 11.8?

Surely you, of all people, are not that weak that they persued you to vote in favour of it.

gibsonsg91921
07-28-2007, 16:29
I made a deal with Sigismund von Mahren as well as Jan van Hamburg that they would vote for Edict 11.6.

I may not be the most chivalrous or pious man, but being a jousting tournament winner means you are a hero to your people and I want to depart from my evil ways. More chivalry on the battlefield translates to more dignity in the Diet.

Privateerkev
07-28-2007, 16:36
Ansehelm, this could have been prevented if you just would have supported your own brother's bill in the Diet. Instead, you publicly shot it down which will make it much harder for us to pass.

gibsonsg91921
07-28-2007, 16:46
Now now, there's no need to bicker. We do not need to purposely start any arguments when there are already so many.

Privateerkev
07-28-2007, 17:13
Alright,

But, I was just trying to point out the situation. Now who wants a beer?

Grabs a mug and sits at the long table

Stig
07-28-2007, 18:48
Beer? I'd rather kill some Poles.
You are getting me killed Jan, and you very well know it.

Privateerkev
07-28-2007, 18:49
I have no idea how I am doing that and you know very well I would not do that.

Stig
07-28-2007, 18:55
My mission is to destroy Russian Armies, the more I have to kill in battle the more Germans will die. You are killing our superior German race and with that you are killing me, only because you believe in some god.

(OOC: Heil Ansehelm, our very own little fuhrer ~D )

Privateerkev
07-28-2007, 19:02
Well, I have much more respect for your combat abilities than you do.

If you wish to talk personally, your welcome to write me a letter. The walls in this great hall are thin and I fear others will hear of our disagreement.

Privateerkev
08-02-2007, 19:06
Jan walks in wearing full Crusader regalia. He is in town for Duke Gunther's funeral. He grabs a beer and sits at the long table.

Here is to you Duke Gunther, Jan says out loud

Jan downs the mug of beer in one gulp

Tamur
08-07-2007, 20:27
Meine Herren,

With Ansehelm on his way to the Russians, Siegfried on the throne, Jan making a name for himself in the East, and Péter proudly fighting our battles, I had thought that our house would be filled with joy at such an abundance of success. Other houses envy our longevity and, shall we say, creative powers.

However, I find in reading the house records that we seem rent with dissension and strife. Why is this? I am old enough to know of the feuds that can spring up between brothers and cousins, but to see our house in such disarray is truly distressing.

I have no suggestions, only questions at this time.

God speed to Ansehelm, and may our House remain safe in the Hand of God.

Privateerkev
08-07-2007, 20:37
We're a passionate people so we have passionate discussions. If we are going to debate, I prefer that it would be in here and not in the Diet. Any issues should be kept in the family. Though I would not count on this place being completely secure though and I use letters for anything really sensitive.

The old guard is passing and it will fall on us to maintain the House. Duke Gunther is gone, God rest his soul. My father is not long for this world. Even Jonas is getting up there in years. Our aunt finally got married to someone but he is elderly. We will be the ones who will need to continue the legacy. Even if we disagree how to do it sometimes, we can come together on that point alone.

Ferret
08-09-2007, 12:24
I will back my trusted brother in law, Jan von Hamburg, in whatever argument he happens to be in and I would very much like to join him in Edessa to repel the new mongol threat but I understand that I am needed to manage the garrisson in Antioch. But bear in mind although I hold very little influence in the reich an argument with Jan is an argument with me.

Tamur
08-09-2007, 14:31
As it should be! As it should be, we are all family here. I do wish our Eastern cousins well in the current circimstances. The hordes have no mercy, but they will quail when they see the House of Franconia represented in the ranks of the Reich!

Privateerkev
08-09-2007, 15:18
As usual, I am warmed by your kind words Fritz. I hope that the two sides of our house can work more closely together and bury the hatchet that seems to have developed between us. It will be up to our new Duke to show us leadership. Though I am concerned that he has not named an heir before embarking on a dangerous mission. While Kaiser Siegfried could not be a Duke anymore, I am sure Fritz or Peter would be fine choices. While I am confident that Ansehelm will return, it is only prudent to plan for worst case scenarios.

Kagemusha
08-09-2007, 18:40
You young ones and your dreams of being Duke´s. My personal view is that good beer and fine women always beat being Duke, but then im just an old fool anyway.

Privateerkev
08-09-2007, 18:49
Count von Mahren,

It is good to finally meet you. Your something of a legend around here. And I never said I wanted to be Duke. Just that we need one. Duke Ansehelm has gone off on a long and difficult assignment without naming an heir. To save us the trouble of yet another succession dispute, I ask that he please name his heir clearly and in public. I'm assuming he would name one of his brothers. I just wish it would be official so there is no dispute should something unfortunate happen.

Kagemusha
08-10-2007, 11:33
Nice to meet you also young Von Hamburg and thank you for your kind words.
Personally about the setting of heir to Franconia is a very tricky business, becouse there is so much history in the process of current and previous Dukes. As you must have read and heard from your father,the late Duke of Franconia. Gunther Von Kastillien was an adopted son of the Duke Von Saxony, who unfortunately didnt have an natural son and named Gunther as Duke Of Franconia as his almost last deed in this life.
But from female´s side his line havent died off. I think its very unfotunate that Hedewigis Von Saxony,the daughter of late Dietrich,remains unmarried. If he could give a birth to a son, the Dukeship of Franconia, could be turned back to Von Saxony line, to maternal line,but to blood line nonetheless.

Privateerkev
08-10-2007, 16:33
Count von Mahren,

With all due respect, I am afraid you are mistaken on some of the points about the family tree. My father was not Duke. My father was Fredericus von Hamburg who just passed away. And Hedewigis just got married but to an old coot who will probably pass away soon from old age. And you were around at that time so I'll ask you. Why did the Dukeship pass on to the Kastilian line and not the von Hamburg line anyways? Fredericus was the first adopted son of Dietrich.

Now, who here wants to share a beer or two with me out of respect to my father?

Jan lifts up a mug of frothy beer

Ferret
08-10-2007, 18:14
~:cheers: Yes my father in law was a great man and would have made a great duke.

Kagemusha
08-10-2007, 18:30
Count von Mahren,

With all due respect, I am afraid you are mistaken on some of the points about the family tree. My father was not Duke. My father was Fredericus von Hamburg who just passed away. And Hedewigis just got married but to an old coot who will probably pass away soon from old age. And you were around at that time so I'll ask you. Why did the Dukeship pass on to the Kastilian line and not the von Hamburg line anyways? Fredericus was the first adopted son of Dietrich.

Now, who here wants to share a beer or two with me out of respect to my father?

Jan lifts up a mug of frothy beer

I dont remember calling old Gunther your father. By your father i meant Fredericus, becouse i assumed that he would have spoken to his son about the events.
Are you trying to play tricks with old man? About your question.Both Fredericus and Gunther were adult men when Dietrich adopted them. Fredericus had served Franconia as steward,during the banishment of old Dietrich by Kaiser Heirich. Then after Dietrich and i went to holy land Gunther Von Kastillien became a steward. Why Dietrich picked Gunther over Fredericus we will propably never will find out, since Dietrich didnt have the habbit of explaining himself usually to anybody.
Who is this old goat you mention? Im sure even an old goat could do the honours and give Hedewigis a son. You shouldnt underestimate old goats.Sometimes they can suprise young foxes.

Stig
08-10-2007, 18:47
Letter from Ansehelm:

Gentlemen, I call on you as Dietrich once called one all Franconians.
My father has been the heir to Dietrich, for his own reasons, just as why he named me his heir. Your father Jan did not like this fact, but over time Fredericus and Gunther put aside their differences, as it should be. I don't see why you can't and need to continue to bicker on about this. You are quite new to politics I know, I came here shortly after the passing away of Duke Dietrich, and I have been about for quite some time now. At some point you need to see that you yourself are not the most important thing in the Reich.
Fredericus and Gunther both were Stewards if I recall correctly, first Fredericus, later on Gunther, to even up things. And Gunther became Duke, as, as Herr Jonas correctly said, because the bloodline was broken. And as long as that is broken the Dukeship will stay in the bloodline chosen by Dietrich, the family von Kastillien. For reasons to this you should consult the letters written by Dietrich in the Archives. Herr von Mahren might know more about this as well, he was around at this time, I was still a young boy back then.
You Jan are a pain to the House of Franconia, it is not nice of me to say this just after your father passed away, however it is the one and only truth. I am Duke of Franconia, I make the decisions, would I have problems making them I would go to any of the elder members of the House. That would mean Jonas von Mahren as he is the most experienced of us all. And as he can tell you, I do not need his aid. You should listen to the true words of him, being a Duke is no happy thing, and don't dream of becoming one. A direct descendant of Dietrich von Saxony can get that "honour", but since there is none it will be my first born son or daughter. If I remain childless it will be my brother Peter, but I have no intentions of dying, so there will be enough options open.
Jan, I suggest you go and fight the Mongols, and beat them. After that, come back to Franconia, and see how things are going on here, travelling is good for you. Dieter can take over the main role of Franconia in the Outremer, which you should get now. After the Mongols there will be little in the Outremer, a man like you should come back to the Heimat itself, and help out there.

Duke Ansehelm

Privateerkev
08-10-2007, 19:02
OOC to Kag: I'm sorry. Part of my confusion was in mid-reading the punctuation in the sentence about Jan's dad and the Duke. There is a period where there should be a comma.

IC: Jonas, Hedewigis von Saxony married Wikerus von Franken in 1262. Here is the Chancellor Report on the matter:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1626536&postcount=237

As to Ansehelm's letter...

It is sad to see our Duke get so many things wrong at once. He has mistaken an innocent question to a wise man as some sort of power play. I have no intention, nor wish, to become Duke. I am doing something far more important right now. I never have claimed to be "the most important thing in the Reich". This is a title Ansehelm has given me for some reason when all I do is serve. I might be fairly new to politics but I seem to have infinitely more politically savyness than our good Duke. Ansehelm continues to undermine his own people in public. All family matters should be kept in here or in letters. His political ineptitude led to the death of edict 11.6. If I am a pain, it is only to Duke Ansehelm and not to the House. He does not like it when someone speaks truth to power. But, that is my job and duty and I will not be silenced. I am happy though that Ansehelm has named Peter to be his heir until a child comes of age. I only ask that Ansehelm says this in public in the Diet to make it official. Its nice to see the Duke being responsible for once.

Jan drinks some beer.

As for coming back here for good, there seems to be little for me here. And there is much to do in Outremer. I will stay there as long as I am needed.

Stig
08-10-2007, 19:09
Quick letter:
I do not need to justify myself to you Jan, that is the last I need to say of it. I don't undermine myself, I have friends in high places. You are undermining yourself and Franconia, take some responsibility and come to senses.

To all Franconians, this is the last letter you will get from me for some time now. Novgorod should be passed soon and battles fought.

Privateerkev
08-10-2007, 19:29
So the Duke really thinks he can lead from deep in Russia? He is a bigger fool than I thought...

I am not sure how I am undermining anything by talking in here. I have kept these comments out of the Diet since Ansehelm became Duke. Our Duke just fears the truth. Now, when will Ansehelm make good on his promise and announce his heir in the Diet? Peter deserves for this to be made official. I point to this statement the Duke made:

If I remain childless it will be my brother Peter

Also, claiming you have "friends in high places" is not the most inspiring way to lead. We need leadership, not some absentee Duke on a suicide mission.

Ferret
08-10-2007, 20:28
Jan the Duke is well within his rights to go to Russia and as his subordinate it is not your place to argue with him. Although I will take no sides in this argument I advise you both to stop the bickering and let all Franconians unite under one banner lest the Hamburgs become a separate house altogether.

(OOC:haha on the last page I said I would support Jan in any of his arguments lol)

Privateerkev
08-10-2007, 20:59
Jan sighs

I suppose your right Dieter. I will go back home to Outremer and prepare my city for the horse lord assault. Hopefully time will heal the rift that has seemed to grow between the Duke and myself.

With a gulp of the last of his beer, Jan leaves the great hall and gets onto his horse.

gibsonsg91921
08-12-2007, 00:45
I am flattered that my brother Ansehelm has chosen me to be his heir. God willing, he shall have a son in due time, but I am appreciative of this nod to me.

OOC: Wow i missed a lot. forgot to post i was on vacation and was gonna post when i got there, but the internet was down there. dang! but im back and looks like im not dead!

Tamur
08-14-2007, 18:38
Ansehelm has a good eye for leaders, Péter.

OOC: you're not dead, hurrah! I had Péter charge the miserable Polish army near Thorn (in the flank, it was quite grand) and the Poles just ran away. Quick. So he's a hero, but a safe one.

Tamur
08-20-2007, 19:05
The Poles have for too long been a goad in our Franconian sides. The time is right for an attack. Should CA 12.6 pass, we will have the military might. The new Pope favours us, and the Poles remain at their lowest level of Papal favour ever. We should strike now, and demoralise them with a crushing blow.

I therefore propose the following:

If CA 12.6 passes, both the Franconian Household Armies shall be fortified to full strength and then shall march on and destroy Krakow. The city shall be leveled, its fields burned, and its inhabitants thrown out or slaughtered. Prisoners, once ransomed, have consistently returned to come against us another day. This time, they are all to be executed immediately.

With that task done, the Armies are to return to normal patrol or defence duties, leaving the city to thieves and miscreants (who no doubt abound in the area of Krakow!)

Second, I propose a rewriting of Ansehelm's proposals into two proposals. This will make them easier for fellow electors to understand, and separating them will make them easier to pass.

Edict 12.4
Dependent on 12.2 passing, the fortress of Vilnius will be attacked by the FHA by the time the Teutonic Army decides to come back. They will meet in Vilnius and if one of the armies has problems reaching it's goals it will be supported by the other. This also makes it possible for the FHA to return and protect Breslau or Thorn.

Edict 12.5
Dependent on 12.2 passing, if Vilnius proves too dangerous and comes under constant attack, taking too much of the Reich's resources, military buildings will be destroyed and the city will be left.

Stig
08-21-2007, 21:42
Message from Ansehelm von Kastillien to the Franconian Court

I must say that I am very dissatisfied with the current voting of the Franconians, it is clear that they are following the line of something else than their Duchy, while it is their Duchy to which they are bound.
Don't let yourself be bribed as a person, take such matters up with your Duke and ask him what he thinks of it, afterall he is the person that decides on your career.

Furthermore I decided to tell Gert I abstain on the chancellor votings. I don't mind who of the two real candidates gets it, but I would prefer Hans, as he is the best chancellor I have ever known.

Stig
08-21-2007, 21:44
Another message

Furthermore I am dissatisfied with the amount of the consumption of alcohol, I know Herr von Mahren used to drink heavely, but he knew what he was doing. A tavern is no place for a noble to come, prove your bravery on the battlefield, not over 20 beers.

Tamur
08-22-2007, 13:29
*Fritz nods piously at the second message* True, so true.

I must confess, Duke Ansehelm, I am new to politics and did not take into account our House's stance on any of these issues, simply because I did not know our House's stance. I had hoped for more direction or guidance. Lacking that, and lacking discussion in the House's chambers, I voted according to what I thought best.

My apologies to all of you if I have offended in my choices.

Stig
08-22-2007, 14:18
Gert von Runstede, who passes Thorn on his way to Russia:
I think it's clear Herr Fritz that he House stance simply is: Franconia is more important than anything else. Everything that favours Franconia should be voted for, everything that gives Franconia less power is to be voted against.

Tamur
08-22-2007, 14:38
*Fritz runs out the door after Gert*

Wait! Surely it is difficult to say who is better for Franconia - Hans or Matthias. Matthias' chancellorship has seen many powerful commands given to us, the building of greater cities and better wealth, and Ansehelm has finally been able to launch the Teutonic crusade.

The same could be said of the Edict regarding the taking of Caen. Do we vote no on anything not directly benefiting Franconia? *Fritz grimaces* Surely by taking such a stance we are only adding to the polarisation of the Diet and a willingness for backroom negotiations.

*Fritz stops and takes many deep breaths*

And Gert... your pace... is difficult to... keep up with!

Stig
08-22-2007, 14:44
Something as Caen is of no importance to Franconia what so ever, I doubt Duke Ansehelm would mind what you vote on that.
There are however CA's that allow Franconia more power, or give less to others.

Next to that Hans is the one that made sure the Teutonic Crusade could happen in the first place, he made an army, Hummel destroyed that, but it was Hans that got things running.
Next to that Hans tends to allow more freedom for individuals.

Gert mounts his horse and rides of, direction Russia

Tamur
08-22-2007, 14:51
*Fritz watches Gert rides off, then turns and walks slowly back towards the castle, mumbling to himself*

Know your history...

*He slaps himself on the leg and shakes his head.*

Should have taken my own advice!

gibsonsg91921
08-22-2007, 22:20
Indeed brother, if you are disappointed in the manner I voted I will explain any problems via message.

Stig
08-22-2007, 23:00
Message from Russia

I am pleased with the overall outcome of the votings. CA 12.7 passed, which means Dukes can now set building queues in the Outremer, which also means that after the Mongol treat is gone we do not need any Crusader Counts anymore. The Outremer cost us loads of money, it will be hard to get that back.

Also I intend to split Franconia in two, because I cannot name two Stewards or a Duke and a Steward I will remain Duke.
Western Franconia, consisting of Frankfurt, Hamburg, Magdeburg is to be defended by the Second Franconian Household Army, commanded by my brother Fritz.
Eastern Franconia, consisting of Thorn, Breslau and Stettin is to be renamed Prussia, for informal business, and is to be defended by the First Franconian Household Army (the current one) and while I am gone this is commanded by my brother Peter.

Tamur
08-23-2007, 03:44
My gratitude goes to Ansehelm for the honour of commanding one of the Household Armies. I shall do all in my power to see that we are safe from the Danes.

This splitting is bound to be a good thing. I look forward to working with Péter in coordinating our forces, both in the building of the second Army and for any actions required.

And may God protect and uphold Ansehelm's arms as he closes on Moscow!

gibsonsg91921
08-23-2007, 13:17
Indeed brother, I shall lead the Prussia Sectional Army to glory!

Tamur
09-06-2007, 20:45
Brothers, Cousins,

I may have been banned from the Diet but I will take this opportunity to speak my mind here regarding the naming of Gersenda as the Franconian heir.

I do not understand Ansehelm's reasoning here. Perhaps it is too cold in Russia for the brain to be fed correctly, but naming a woman as the heir to our House is... is... *Fritz gestures mutely with his right hand, then shakes his head*

His message spoke of her age as a deciding factor. I must agree at least with this -- our aging and unmarried state does not bode well, though we are in a better state than most houses. Yet...

*Fritz puts his hand to his lips, and tugs on his bottom lip rather vigourously, then continues*

I don't know. Ansehelm obviously has every right to name his successor as he wishes. But Péter has been fighting battles for years, upholding our family name with great vigour, and it seems unfair to him that he be passed over for this honour.

Stig
09-06-2007, 20:53
The Franconian Ritter that ones entered the Diet now enters the Franconian Halls

I believe that Duke Ansehelm named his niece as heir for she is of a young age. You sir, and Peter, all have the same age as the Duke, more or less. He could name one of you his heir, but that would mean that you would be heir for how long? 10 years with luck.

Ferret
09-06-2007, 20:56
Still a woman has never been named heir before and I find the idea of a female Duke simply proposterous, there are many eligible young men in the Franconian house.

Stig
09-06-2007, 21:05
Actually not. Sides women can't become the ruler of a house, they can only inherit the title, which makes their husband the Duke.

Tamur
09-06-2007, 21:22
*Fritz stands for a minute staring at the floor, then nods and begins pacing*

I can see the wisdom in this, yes, I can.

None of us would dare lift a finger or speak a word against Gersenda. And in this most fractious of Houses, that is saying something. Thus Ansehelm avoids the rancour which would undoubtedly follow the naming of one of us as heir.

And, it looks forward to the new blood we will have join us in future. Though I do not feel my age quite yet *Fritz fingers a scar on his left cheek* I am not as young as I used to be. And there is without a doubt an antidote against sickness in youth.

*Fritz sighs and shakes his head* If only women weren't put off by scars and executions, then life would be different, brothers.

Ferret
09-06-2007, 21:36
I am still strongly against this decision, the girl is but a 1 year old and there is no saying what kind of a man she will marry if she marries before your death or even at all. I think that keeping Peter as heir will ensure that this House will have strong rule when you are gone and even if he does have a short reign at least by then it will be clearer who would be more suitable as a future Duke, the Von Kassel boy may even be worth a look at despite the treachery of his father.

Tamur
09-12-2007, 13:43
I may be gagged in the Diet, but I can still speak my piece here, and I say: level Krakow!

Again the Poles prove themselves to be a fatal nuisance, with the death of Wilhelm. Again the electors say nothing, nothing, about it. Though Christ preached forgiveness and turning the other cheek, there is a point at which that is no longer feasible, or desirable.

*Fritz paces up and down across the room, waving wildly*

The Reich's inaction on this matter is despicable. Despicable, my brothers and my cousins. Are we so blind that we cannot see a threat when it rears up in our faces? Are we so weak that we cannot swat down this gadfly that sits biting and taunting us?

I mourn for the loss of Gerhard and Günther. These were men who would have risen to a challenge like this with the might of the Reich behind them and *Fritz brings a heavy fist down on the table* smashed it without hesitation.

Yes, I mourn the loss of heroes.

gibsonsg91921
09-12-2007, 23:38
Fritz, we have Vilnius exterminated, Krakow is our next target. It is a fight worthy of your Saxon Army.

Stig
09-13-2007, 06:28
Ansehelm, through messenger:

The Saxon Army is charged with defending our western border from the Danes, not to wander around in the East. In every other Duchy the two HA's can go supporting eachother, for us they have to be independent armies.

Tamur
09-13-2007, 13:28
*Fritz stops pacing as he hears Ansehelm's messenger read out the message. His shoulders drop for a moment. He walks slowly down the rows of his camp, looking towards the mountains to the south. For an instant, a mirthless smile creases his face, but then he beckons to his priest.*

It appears our prayers for the swift fall of Vilnius have been answered, as well as our beyance for the safety of Péter. I only hope that Péter will be protected if Ansehelm orders him to move for Krakow.

We should continue our prayers for Péter and the Prussian Army.

*Fritz nods curtly to the priest, then rushes off.*

Stig
09-13-2007, 13:37
The same messenger as entered the Diet now enters the Franconian Courts

The Duke has assured me that no Prussian Army will march on Krakow. Peter wanted Vilnius and now he has the job to defend it, no army can move away from Vilnius and let the city be safe. Krakow will either be taken by Duke Arnold, or by Duke Ansehelm himself.

gibsonsg91921
09-13-2007, 22:41
Verily, there are Polish relief forces coming to Vilnius at the present. I will issue my orders to the Chancellor for how I with the Prussian army to be positioned.

Tamur
09-17-2007, 15:11
The murmur of voices at the other benches in the Diet reminds me that we have another voting session upon us. Though I do not think this round will be as divisive as previous sessions, I would like to know from Ansehelm what legislation we are considering, and which we are supporting as a House.

For my own part, I tend to feel that the Austrians have an equal right to vengeance against the Poles. They have fought along our southern border for many years, and deserve some of the fruits of this work.

And indeed, with the constant swarm of armies in the area around Krakow, it may be essential to enter into a joint venture with them to clear the area.

I would therefore propose the following:

Edict: The House of Franconia shall field a force, led by Duke Ansehelm, matching the force sent by the Austrians against Krakow. This force is to clear the region of Krakow, secure supply lines, and be an equal partner in the siege of the city.

Stig
09-17-2007, 16:17
Concerning Krakow, Arnold and I are currently discussing that. I will march an army to approach it from behind while Arnold marches directly towards it.
After that I will march the Teutonic Army to the Magdeburg-Frankfurt area and there it will be disbanded.
I personally plan to get out of the main politics for a couple of years, while you guys lead the Household Armies.
I would like either Dieter or Jan to return from the Outremer so one of them can take over Saxonia together with Helmut, while my two brothers take Prussia, which might be far more difficult to defend.

I don't feel like attacking something, Vilnius will be awfully hard to defend. Concerning Vilnius we will use one of our House Edicts to make it a part of Franconia, and we try to hold onto it as long as possible, if that seems impossible we wreck the city and leave it.
The other two House Edicts will be used by Saxonia and Prussia for edicts they would like to use.

gibsonsg91921
09-17-2007, 21:54
I was under the impression that we were abandoning Vilnius (OOC: I think thats what OK did already) and destroying all the buildings.

Stig
09-17-2007, 22:25
We're only disbanding it if nothing else can be done to protect it. Neither me nor my youngest brother ever gave the order to leave it.

gibsonsg91921
09-17-2007, 23:18
Yes, brother.

Ferret
09-18-2007, 20:50
Mein Duke,
I would very much like to stay here in Outremer as I have a county here and am in command of one the AoOs I have absolutely no incentive to return to Franconia. I have no land or influence there or any wish of sitting in a place that you deem 'easy to defend'. I see no reason for me to abandon what I have earned here just to please a Duke that I've never even met and start from scratch all over agian. Unless there is something that I would like that you can offer me I will refuse to return and accept the consequences.

Stig
09-18-2007, 21:03
I think the position for Fürst and the shared command over an Ducal Household Army might be bigger than the things you have in the Outremer. Remember, Jan decided to give you those things, but his problem is is that he is no King for life.

Ferret
09-18-2007, 21:25
I am not only after power, I would rather have my current holdings which I have earned than be bribed to come back to Franconia by someone i don't even know. Jan is my brother-in-law and I have known him most of my life, I was an officer in his army before marrying into the royal family. I also prefer to fight for the good of Christianity and the chivalrous people that fight alongside me than to fight for the great Tyrants that are feared rather than respected up in the cold North

OOC: btw its ur go in the Teutonic campaign mate :)

Stig
09-18-2007, 21:39
OOC: I know but don't have had time yet ~D

Ferret
09-18-2007, 21:47
Alas mein Duke I have spoken out of my rights once again, I am most sorry for any offence I have caused you, I understand that it is hard to rule a Dukedom when you aren't even there and I very much respect the Holy Crusade you yourself have just been on. I realise that no matter what I say you are still my Duke and I am very much inferior to you. Please forget I ever spoke as I shouldn't have done now that I realise that your offer was most generous indeed. Once again I apologize mein Duke

OOC: okay fair enough, good luck being the pagans btw

gibsonsg91921
09-18-2007, 23:39
Mein Duke, if I grasp the position of our troops correctly, the Prussian Army is holding Thorn Bridge as usual, Tancred von Tyrolia, my second-in-command, is in charge of the defense of Vilnius, the Saxon Army is near Hamburg, and your Teutons are near Vilnius as well. What orders do you request that I have for the Prussian Army?

RoadKill
09-18-2007, 23:50
Helmut walks into the room, his armour clanking along the way. His retinue quickly scruffled behind him. He sat down, and spoke.

Duke, I've been having family affairs latly and have not done much, please forgive me. Is there anything of your service that I could provide?

Stig
09-19-2007, 00:34
I want the Household Armies to be defensive.
The Prussian Army should defend Vilnius and Thorn while the Saxonian Army should be in and about Danish territory.
I want Tancred to convert to Saxonia since Helmut seems to be taking a break from Politics again. You and Fritz can do Prussia since that needs loads of more work.
I'll take Saxonia if no-one decides to come back from the Outremer.

gibsonsg91921
09-20-2007, 01:07
Yes, brother. The Prussian Army is at your disposal. Does anyone have any edicts to propose, other than the incorporation of Vilnius? I will be happy to assist in lobbying.

Tamur
09-20-2007, 05:22
*Fritz steps forward rubbing his newly acquired fourth facial scar, under his left ear*

Noble brothers, cousins, uncles. I have made my views clear previously concerning Krakow. We need to air this issue in the Diet or Austria will carry the day completely.

Furthermore, I have a proposal.

*Fritz flushes red for a moment, then composes himself and begins to pace the floor*

I propose... that Siegfried be severely, severly chastised for his philandering dalliance in that morass of sin, Constantinople.

Second, I propose that Theodora be sent on a goodwill mission for the Reich. To Tunis. For about twenty years.

And third, I propose that any effort to aid the Byzantines beyond what our normal allies receive be viewed as treason, and tried as such.

*Fritz stops and smiles around at the gathered electors, but as he speaks his smile fades*

And fourth, I propose that no one, ever again, Emperor or not, be allowed to cast his own brother out of the Diet for saying what needs to be said!

*Fritz slams his fist down on a nearby table, then seats himself*

gibsonsg91921
09-20-2007, 13:12
Fritz, I concur with almost every word you say. Theodora should be sent to Jedda for forty years.

Stig
09-23-2007, 09:12
It seems that the Swabians don't like us, and that they think they are better.
I therefore simply say that we vote down every edict a Swabian votes for. If you say Franconia is worthless you have to pay the price. We constantly fight 3 enemies, every other House fights 1. We make sure the Danes don't attack Swabia. They should be gratefull, yet they aren't.

gibsonsg91921
09-23-2007, 15:10
Agreed, I shall send in my absentee votes as soon as the polls open.

Stig
09-23-2007, 20:04
I have just voted on the polls, and I suggest that all who have not voted follow my lead.
Also voting in favour of CA 13.3 is seen as rebellious and might result in you losing your command and/or county.

gibsonsg91921
09-23-2007, 21:03
I do not wish to be rebellious, brother. I believe that if our little brother Siegfried is to be chancellor, he should be near the Reich's borders.

Stig
09-23-2007, 22:54
By voting in favour of CA 13.3 you vote in favour of Von Dassel, who is the biggest idiot I've ever seen around here.

I'll come with the list for who commands which army later.
As it's now I will take the Saxonian Army after the disbanding of the Teutonic Army and Fritz and Peter you can take the Prussian Army.

Also Dieter, do soon reply to my message.

Dutch_guy
09-24-2007, 15:22
I want Tancred to convert to Saxonia

It's been a while since I've spoken here (do not worry, I have followed the many events), but I do not quite understand what is meant by the above. If this means I should go back to Saxonia (a district I suppose?) I beg to differ, I am happy where I am now, what use would I be in Saxonia.

Tancred.

Stig
09-24-2007, 16:16
I need two proven commanders in the East, as it will be a tough fight, and Peter and Fritz are those two.
You will take command over the Saxonian Household Army as soon as we arrive there.

Stig
10-11-2007, 06:55
Ansehelm:
Fritz if you could I'd like you to send me some reinforcements. After the last attacks on Thorn I begin to need them more and more, and I know you have the money to spare.
After that I want you to move in the direction of Antwerp, if the English have not taken it yet.

Ferret
10-11-2007, 17:51
A messanger arrives wearing the colours of Furst Bresch

Mein Duke, I bring word that the future Furst of Saxony is nearing this Duchy and wishes to know whether you have any orders for him and his future army, seeing as this is currently the strongest army in the Reich Dieter believes that his army should stay within the borders of our duchy so it will be ready to counter any threat to these great lands coming from within the Reich, as the situation is getting that bad now.

Stig
10-11-2007, 18:23
As I said, I want the SHA to try to take Antwerp, I believe that a victory can still steer this Reich in the correct direction, if not the SHA should defend it's part of Franconia at all cost. The Teutonic Army is occupied near Thorn, hence why I would like some temporary reinforcements from the SHA, after the remaining 2 Polish armies are dealed with I can steer the Army to take position between Thorn and Krakow. By then I WANT the army led by Tancred back in Franconia so he can Peter can take command of it. They can then take over the Southern Border of Franconia.

This way Franconia will be completely locked for enemies, and we will come out on top.

I also warn people that they are adviced to cooporate with me. Fighting Germans has little use, and Franconia will not be the one that started a civil war.

Furthermore I hereby openly remind my youngest brother that he is still officially under my protection and everything he says is more or less said by me.
The move on Constantinople might have been brave, it was not wise. It would have been wiser to consult me, as I could have arranged almost open passage ... I do have contacts.

Ferret
10-12-2007, 14:16
Dieter Bresch enters the Franconian Court for the first time in his adult life.

Mein Duke I have arrived. I recieved word that you wish for me to be sent to Antwerp, is this correct? If so I would like to inform you that I am unsure about this decision seeing as the borders of Franconia are surrounded by Russians, Poles and Danes. I believe it would be best if I kept the Saxon army close to Hamburg and keep our border with the Danes short and easy to defend. If I take the army away (OOC: btw is the Saxon army the one in Hamburg or Madeburg? And what is the other one?) from Saxony I fear it will be left relatively undefended and Fritz and Peter may become dangerously exposed there. I will await to hear your thoughts and commands in person before making a move.

I also have a note for Fritz,
Dieter reads the note out loud: Get the hell out of my castle!

Tamur
10-12-2007, 14:59
*Fritz enters the Franconian council chamber with some haste, then smiles broadly and approaches Dieter*

Dieter, it is indeed good, good to see you here. I had wondered if we would ever see you in this chamber.

And you come with your mind sharp. You raise a good point about Antwerp. We have solid control of the centre of our lands, and will have plenty to do in the near future simply to keep these lands safe from invasion.

On the point of the army, that is a bit more problematic.

You see, the men, they have been with me for several years. And to be honest, I believe there will be mass desertions if you take over control of the entire force! Nothing against you, personally. I personally would join your army in a heartbeat. If you had one, that is.

*Fritz smiles again, this time a bit less broadly*

They have been absolutely clamouring for Péter to lead them, as hero of the Lutherans. And I could only but accede to their request.

*Fritz grimaces sympathetically, and leans up against a nearby table*

Oh, and about the castle. I had been told the architecture was quite impressive, and Stettin will need to rebuild its church soon, so... just a little visit to draw up plans, you know.

Ferret
10-12-2007, 15:08
I do not care if the men do rebel I have seen that some have deserted from you and Peter already, I have seen the records you know. And, no offence to you, you are not in a position to tell me what I can or cannot do. Duke Ansehelm appointed me as Furst of Saxony which means that all the responsibilities of a Steward are given to me concerning the matters of Saxony. That includes the allocation of army command and I am taking that honour for myself as I have not seen action for some time now. Bear in mind that if you disobey me then you are disobeying Ansehelm, and nobles that disobey their Dukes are considered rebels and punished accordingly. Do you want to be in the same situation as Swabia?

And about the castle, do not worry you are welcome to stay until you have finished your plans (OOC: that was more of a random OOC thing :2thumbsup: ) and can return to your own county. if you have any further problems with the command of the army then I suggest you go and ask Ansehelm for command of some of the Prussian army, seeing as he did allocate you and Peter to Prussia.

Tamur
10-12-2007, 15:48
*Fritz stands upright at the mention of Dieter being Furst*

And is one of the responsibilities of Steward to create havoc in Franconia's finest household army? Dieter, I think you forget yourself! We are not divvying up a loaf of bread here! This is the security of the Franconian heartland we're talking about!

*Fritz suddenly starts pacing in front of Dieter*

I tell you what. I will forget we ever had this little disagreement if you agree to serve in the Saxon Army as... as the cavalry commander! Oh, now, don't look so disappointed in the suggestion. These are fine men, fine brave men who are the decisive force in every battle. I do not think they would rebel against you if you treat them well. Unless of course you come to them smelling as you do now.

*Fritz wrinkles his nose, but with his scars, it appears more like a sneer than anything*

I would definitely suggest a bath.

Stig
10-12-2007, 16:08
Ansehelm:
I want to take Antwerp, because it will give us shitloads of more income and the victory their might turn in our favour.
Sides, if it comes to a Civil War Antwerp might be important to us.

Hence why I want the SHA to take it, don't care who leads it either Fritz or Dieter.

For internal protection I want the Army led by Tancred to return, for the time being it's more than strong enough to defend Frankfurt.

In due time I plan to go out of politics for a bit and hence why I plan to give the Teutonic Army (and Prussia) to Fritz at about 1230. That also means that Fritz will get to control the official defence of Stettin, which is his city.

For the time being Dieter will not take control over the entire SHA as you will lead it together anyway, this because Fritz knows the men.

Ferret
10-12-2007, 18:36
Bah this is outrage! I come here all the way from Outremer for this army and now you change our mind the very day I arrive and tell this traitorous Lutheran he can have my army! What of the men Peter controls? I should at least have them and any others that can be recruited from my castle! If you have given me the position of Furst then I shall make the decisions on the command of this army and not have to sit and watch you give in to your little brother.

Edit: And Fritz, you say you know these men yet there are thousands of them and I am sure you really only know a few of the commanders. I have seen the reports that also say that a large majority of the army has been freshly recruited or are simply mercenaries and I highly doubt you know them. But that does not even matter, soldiers are soldiers and they will not desert me lest they face the consequences, despite following a chivalrous code I do not tolerate traitors. You even say yourself that they would follow me sop where is the problem? And @*&^ you, you cheeky &%$£* you smell worse than anyone I've ever met, and you'd be surprised by the people you meet in the holy land.

However I see that these men do mean a lot to you so I shall consider allowing you to keep some of them. I'm sure that with the current disregard for the charter that you could get away with commanding a small third Franconian army.

Tamur
10-12-2007, 19:11
*Fritz raises his eyebrows and holds up both hand in a motion of defence*

Hold there, Dieter! I truly did not mean to insult you with the bath comment, and I am exceedingly sorry it was offensive to you.

*The corner of Fritz' mouth flicks upward for a moment, then returns to normal*

I certainly do not want Franconia to end up like some other houses, self-destructing due to bitterness and rancour. So, since Ansehelm has stated the obvious fact that the men do know me, shall we sit down and carve up the units in detail? I'm sure we can reach an amenable agreement. There's no use in cluttering the council chambers with all this talk.

Besides, my cook has just finished some splendid roast veal which we simply must attend to.

And Ansehelm, you can rest assured that I will spearhead the taking of Antwerp. I had not thought of the income it could provide us, but with the city we could be the wealthiest house in the Reich!

*Fritz begins walking out of the chamber towards the great hall*

Dutch_guy
10-12-2007, 19:30
A messenger enters, bearing a letter with Tancred von Tyrolia's seal.

Fellow Franconians, Hail !

I will heed the word our Duke has spoken, I will leave the Constantinopel Region. Razing every building to the ground, and marching my entire force back home. Hiring as many extra soldiers as I can get my hands on. I do have an idea, however. I would like to use my force to attack deep into Polish lands, attacking them from behind, and hopefully managing to divert some of their forces from our eastern frontier. This can be done, especially seeing as how I'm coming from the south. and will not be expected.

I will listen to wht you have to say on the matter, I hope I be shown some leniency on the matter.

- Tancred.

Ferret
10-12-2007, 19:30
Dieter storms out of the chambers in pure frustration and mutters:
Might as well go back to Outremer if this is what promises turn out like here, at least Jan gave me what he said he would.