PDA

View Full Version : New faction to replace the Aetolian League/former Greek Cities

chemchok
11-27-2004, 06:44
OK, here's the poll to decide the fate of the "Greek Cities" faction.

1. Choices include Sparta, Rhodes, Athens, Aetolia, Pergamum, Syracuse, Crete, and Massilia.

2. The Allied Hellenes represent the factions allied during the Chremonidean War (267-262) against Macedonia.

3. Epirus, setup at 270 BC would be just the province of Epirus with Alexander II as faction leader.

4. eadingas suggested a slightly earlier date, after Pyrrhus’ defeat to Rome @ Beneveto (around 275 or 273). In this scenario Epirus is still the only province, but Pyyrhus (with a very high command rating) would be present.

5. The starting date of the game gets pushed back further; to 290 or 280 BC, Magna Graecia and Epirus are portrayed as one faction. The faction would be some combination of Epirus, Tarentum, Syracuse, Croton, and Messana – all depending on the date chosen. This will obviouslly have a major impact on the current Roman setup.

6. If you're in favor of keeping the current setup (v.0.2b) - vote "Other" and post.

Note: As Nestor pointed out, if the Epirus setups described in options #3 or #4 are chosen the majority of the faction’s units would be similar to those of Macedonia and the Successors (ie, we’d be replacing the Greek Cities/Aetolian League faction with another “Macedonian” faction as far as units are concerned).

You might notice that the Aetolian and Achaean Leagues are not listed as choices. The reasoning behind this is is that I think we should aim for something that is based on the historical reality c. 270 BC. At this time the Aetolian League was largely limited to Aetolia (option 1 – Aetolia). The Achaean League was a new, small, and relatively weak alliance of 4-10 city states in Achaea, and would require the creation of a new province in the Northern Pelopponese to appear in the mod.

A big "thank you" to everyone who helped contribute their ideas up to this point.
~:cheers:

sharrukin
11-27-2004, 07:13
I think we should leave the provincial bounderies in Greece as they are and create Pergamum as a province. Peloponnesus should be renamed the Achaean League.

Sparta should be the choice as playable faction due to the level of interest in sparta. It doesnt need to be an easy faction, just an option.
Pergamum would be my next choice.

eadingas
11-27-2004, 10:01
Voted for no. 4 just for the sake of it :) But I suspect no. 2 will win. It's a proposition nearest both to CA original and historical accuracy...

PROMETHEUS
11-27-2004, 11:16
I vote no to the change why there isnt such an option?

chemchok
11-27-2004, 11:43
I vote no to the change why there isnt such an option?Sorry Prometheus, I'll keep a tally of anyone who wants to keep things as they are. Vote "Other" and post that you want to keep the current Aetolian League setup.

Peloponnesus should be renamed the Achaean League. If we rename it, it should be Achaea. We could use the "Achaean League" for rebels in the region.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
11-27-2004, 16:25
Nº2...

DeadRunner
11-27-2004, 21:47
second choice to me m8