PDA

View Full Version : Map question

Stig
03-03-2007, 00:34
I've seen the map some time ago, can't find it back anymore tho, but I have some questions about it:
-If I'm correct it's a MTW2 size map (ie. it's no big map), will it stay this way or will you go RTR and EB style with an enormous map with loads of boring and strong rebel cities?
-Does someone know where it is, I somehow can't find it back.

CaesarAugustus
03-03-2007, 01:48
Boring? I would say the larger the map the less boring it is. As long as the rebels are unique and strong, they are a good challenge to your growing empire. Plus, the rebels represent factions and small kingdoms/dutchies/principalities/whatever that didn't make it into the game. It (hopefully) won't be like M2TW where most of the map was covered by pushover rebel villages that would just get steamrolles by the factions...

Oh yes and to answer your question no I haven't seen the MA map but I hope it is at least a little larger than M2TW.

Ultras DVSC
03-03-2007, 09:39
Yes, it will be a relatively larger map than the vanilla one. Because of our peripherial factions (Kwarezm, Volga-Bulgaria, Golden Horde and either Norway or Rostov-Suzdal) we are going to effect a reasonable enlargement toward the North and the East. However, the size of the map will be not far bigger than the original, since the huge amount of water on the West will be removed as we don't have America.

Unfortunately, currently there is no public version of the latest map (except the pieces that represent England, France, Norway and Sevilla) and the older ones are rather out-of-date.

alpaca
03-03-2007, 16:21
And we'll probably scratch the region number limit.

Stig
03-04-2007, 20:39
As long as the rebels are unique and strong, they are a good challenge to your growing empire.
Aye but it's enormously boring to have to conquer 5 rebel cities in a line to get to the first real faction. Rebels don't field large armies, you will have to siege 5 cities, which is boring, to fight your first fun field battles.

Rhyfelwyr
03-04-2007, 20:48
The Rebels in MA will be extremely diverse and more aggresive, and will field a lot more armies outside of their settlements. Rebels will not be weak or boring in MA. Also most factions start bordered to at least one other faction anyway according to our current map.

Stig
03-05-2007, 08:40
Also most factions start bordered to at least one other faction anyway according to our current map.
Great