PDA

View Full Version : When do the AI get campaign bonuses?

Intranetusa
03-05-2007, 02:34
Doesn't the EB AI get money bonuses?

I'm playing Romans on VH campaign, M battle and I'm steam rolling through the AI factions. I'm at 252 BCE and have conqered 25+ provinces.

Edit: btw, I'm giving my allies some of my conquered provinces so they can be an actual challenge when I fight them...

Moros
03-06-2007, 23:02
yes I beliee that in 0.81, AI factions get a certain aount of money per settlement. With perhaps a 'lil extra for weaker factions who got low on provinces.

The_Mark
03-06-2007, 23:23
For the first 20 turns, an AI faction will receive 6000mnae if they have <4 settlements AND <3000mnae money. In addition to that, all AI factions will receive 1200mnae per settlement (slaves get 2200/stlmt), and Carthage will get an additional 1200mnae for each fleet (admiral, to be exact) they have.

Sweboz, Sauromatae and Saka get 300 for each tile they devastate. Parthia gets a 275mnae refund for each and every cav unit they recruit in nomadic regions and in mixed regions, if the nomad path is chosen. These apply to the player as well.

Mordecai
03-08-2007, 23:55
Yeah, you should let the AI build up before you start the steam roller. I say wait for a good twenty years before major expansion efforts into Greece and past the alps. That way the enemy will have some good troops to field and also the income to support those troops.

Intranetusa
03-09-2007, 01:02
I just launched a 4 pronged attack with 6 armies into Greece, taking Sparta, Byzantium, Athens, etc (I launched half of my attack from Crete)

I literally overran half their cities in just 2 turns. :D