PDA

View Full Version : Oh come on!

x-dANGEr
03-05-2007, 17:30
Is it just me, or you too now hate to check the M2TW MP forum, because of all the nasty manipulated arguments you will find, that only target flaming in a certain direction.. Come on!! I think everyone should relax a bit.. No, I'm not saying become inactive, I'm saying please, spamming in the form of long senseless arguments is worse than in the form of short useless points.. At least, the later makes you laugh sometimes. I'm probably going to get flamed.. baad after this.. Maybe I'm having a bad day, or just am really sick of the repetitive argument.. I don't know. But, is it only me?! :help:

Yun Dog
03-05-2007, 17:43
no Im with you

Its a game - get over it

I understand people have differences of opinion but surely no one would deny people the chance to enjoy one of their favourite games - if its the best or not

there is such a thing as making the best out of a bad situation

get positive dudes - all these negatives vibes are bringing me down man :thumbsdown:

Whacker
03-05-2007, 17:52
I have a completely different outlook on this.

First, I am far and away an SP player, but I do enjoy MP and can relate to many MPer's complaints and issues. That said, I think all of this strife and arguing illustrates that there is an even more fundamental underlying problem with the game in general and the direction CA is taking. As xdanger so neatly pointed out, I had two very long-winded posts in the "MP losing appeal" thread that outline my thoughts on this and how I think CA can improve the situation for everyone.

Lastly, I'll just say that personally, if I buy a product which I think is defective in some shape or form, doesn't live up to my expectations, or has some significant room for improvement, I'm going to do what I can to communicate that with both the product maker and my fellow consumers.

From conflict and criticism can arise positive change and progress. Fanboyism and telling folks with honest well thought-out critical posts to "give it a rest" or "stop complaining" does nothing to help this. Likewise mindless whining that's not well thought out or worded with no specific purpose does nothing either.

Have a good day folks.

:bow:

x-dANGEr
03-05-2007, 18:10
From conflict and criticism can arise positive change and progress. Fanboyism and telling folks with honest well thought-out critical posts to "give it a rest" or "stop complaining" does nothing to help this. Likewise mindless whining that's not well thought out or worded with no specific purpose does nothing either.

Ah ok.. You're talking about the 1% of posts.. I agree on that.

(I might be exaggerating, but you get the point, don't you?)

Whacker
03-05-2007, 18:28
Ah ok.. You're talking about the 1% of posts.. I agree on that.

(I might be exaggerating, but you get the point, don't you?)

You are, but that's ok. :grin: It's more like 2%. :hide:

Something else to consider is that something would be well thought-out but not well supported. I can have some really developed opinions on certain aspects of the game, but if I just lay those out without providing some support for my positions, odds are people will start flaming away. I'll pick on poor ol' Puzz here. His posts as I've seen fit both bills. There's a number of his "it sux lole" posts which I agree can be annoying. On the other hand he's had some amazingly detailed posts outlining why he thinks the way he does, AND provides a plethora of supporting data, experiences, and arguments. The latter type of posts are what we need to see more of, the former we all can do without.

I think this boils down to folks need to realize that:

1. Opinions by definition are not wrong,
2. Your opinion isn't better or more valuable than anyone else's,
3. Conversely, other's opinions are not better or more valuable than yours,
4. You don't represent anyone else but yourself, period,
5. Telling folks their opinions aren't valid is bullcrap,
6. People are going to disagree with you,
7. Sometimes you just need to agree to disagree like gentlemen and ladies,
8. Other rules of etiquette that escape me at this point in time.

Civilized discussions and arguments do seem to be getting fewer and more far between as of late.

I'll close with stating that another big concern I have is the amount of community infighting. I still think there are a number of points we can all agree on, MPers and SPers alike, about the current game that needs some heavy attention and focus by CA. If we direct more of our good creative collective energy at CA instead of each other, we're more likely to garner some positive progress.

Have a good day folks.

:bow:

-Silent-Pariya
03-05-2007, 19:10
Yes why argue... when you can waste hours typing long boring useless replies about arguing.