PDA

View Full Version : Boo to whomever....

PutCashIn
03-06-2007, 23:30
Today, having tired of having my *** kicked by the same 300 odd people playing Dawn of War - Dark Crusade and the same 500 odd people playing Company of Heroes, I thought I'd try getting my *** kicked by whomever plays Medieval Total War 2 online.

But no.

Some gimp has pinched my cd key.
I mean, really, I bet theres 500 odd people playing online vs the 2 million copies used only for single player.
Surely you (the gimp) could have used one of those single players only keys? not mine?

I hope in 10 years time the pc game industry is in the same state as the amiga game industry due to your piracy, leaving you forced to play the fated-to-be-utterly-dismal Playstation 6.

Choke.

pike master
03-07-2007, 00:11
cd keys are stupid imo.

guyfawkes5
03-07-2007, 00:12
This is usually a game problem and not that someone actually stole your CD key. Post in the technical support forums here or at the .com, and if that fails e-mail CA/Sega with evidence that you have a legitimate copy of the game and they may be able to help you, provided you ask nicely.

TosaInu
03-07-2007, 14:32
Surely you could have used one of those single players only keys? not mine?

Hello PutCashin,

There's just one CD key for the game, there are not two seperate ones for MP and SP. In case a CD key is stolen (which can happen anywhere in the chain from producer to consument), you can best contact Sega. Maybe they want to see a copy of the receipt, your original CD code and perhaps there's a production batch code printed on one of the disks to ensure Sega everything is fine. Then they could block the old key from GameSpy and sent you a new code.

However. It's quite possible that it's just a technical problem. It won't be the first time an install losts its code. Did you reinstall the OS perhaps?

PutCashIn
03-07-2007, 23:39
Thank you all for your replys, unfortunatly I live in New Zealand, thus 'support' is kind of a relative term (the phone number listed, a toll call to Australia, costs ~$NZ4.50 per minute, thus a 15 minute call costs as much as a new copy of the game, hence this post).

Following yours and Sega's advise, I have emailed thier Australian support desk, which happens to also be THQ's support email add'y, ironically enough (seems as M2TW was ment to be my online escape from THQ games).

Should be a good test of how much the big corporation cares about the little fish :).

Thank's again guys and girls.

Papewaio
03-11-2007, 22:20
How long ago did you purchase the game?

If soon enough, try going to the game store and getting it swapped.

This is one problem with some places... the game you get might be second hand and they don't inform you... so the CD key can already be in use.

Gawain of Orkeny
03-12-2007, 01:46
How do you know your CD key was stolen? Is there a message saying this key is already in use?

Skyline Pete
03-12-2007, 04:24
Sorry champ but the only real way someone stole your CD key was if you gave it to someone or someone wrote it down from personally seeing your key.

PutCashIn
03-15-2007, 03:04
Actually, it could have been 'stolen' by a NumGen, or in the same time honoured fashion as my Half Life 2 Collectors Editition T-Shirt was - someone opened the box and stole it away in the night.

I have 'friends' who have opened up game boxes on the shelf, then written down or ripped off the Key - free Steam account, anyone?

I too truely doubt it was 'stolen' like a box of chocolates is, (that is, no choccys, empty box) but theres no zeros/o's in the code to confuse, all letters are in caps, dashes in place, no firewall, blah blah just go nubly dumb game! GRRRR!

I work at the store I brought it from, Im sure theres a simple yet illegal way to get a new Key.

But im stubborn, and want my $NZ100 game to work online, first time, no patch needed (These days : I wish) etc etc.

Anything else and the product does not meet my customer expectations, as detailed to me on the outside of the products packaging.

Gawain of Orkeny
03-15-2007, 03:08
I work at the store I brought it from, Im sure theres a simple yet illegal way to get a new Key.

Sneak a peek at one in stock :skull: :dizzy2: :clown:

PutCashIn
03-15-2007, 03:21
HEHE, thats what I was thinking, or buttering up the ladies at the music desk for a swap of my manual with another :)

Turns out it was the No Capitals in Registry trick, some one else has a post here in Multiplayer, a reply-link to a STW forum gave some advice.

Thanx to all who posted a reply or read and laughed (probably thinking 'heh, bet its the caps in reg thing, poor fool').

Now I can get trampled in MP!

Papewaio
03-22-2007, 03:14
Well go forth and make the All Blacks proud!

][GERUDO][Mojoman
03-24-2007, 11:14
may the funk be with you :2thumbsup:

Callahan9119
03-25-2007, 10:29
too bad, not finding that cd key would have been the best thing that ever happened to you ~:handball:

they should take the multiplayer behind the barn and kill it with a dull axe

PutCashIn
03-29-2007, 06:30
Hehe, waiting untill 1.2 for MP fun anyways, maybe that will call off the need for the axe a bit?

pevergreen
03-29-2007, 12:23
kill it with a dull axe
No-no. Beirut's axe shall never become dull.

Im sure Beirut doesn't want to axe 1.1 mp. It's not that bad.

Monarch
03-30-2007, 15:54
No-no. Beirut's axe shall never become dull.

Im sure Beirut doesn't want to axe 1.1 mp. It's not that bad.

Did anybody understand that?

PutCashIn
04-06-2007, 09:51
No, I first thought it was Beruit, as in Lebannon.

Vladimir
04-06-2007, 16:21
No, I first thought it was Beruit, as in Lebannon.

:laugh4: *scurries back to single player land*