PDA

View Full Version : Bello Dacico

Rex_Pelasgorum
03-07-2007, 08:36
I am planning to start working on a totally new mod (for BI 1.6), wich will focus on one of the most destructive inter-statal war from the Antiquity, the war between the Roman Empire led by Trajan, and the Dacian Kingdom led by Decebalus.

The map for this mod will cover the entire area of what-is-now modern Romania, thus concentrating only on a small area.

The roman armyes will start in the south, with huge number, ready to launch an invasion against the Dacian Kingdom. There will be only 4 factions :

THE DACIAN KINGDOM
THE ROMAN EMPIRE
THE RUKSH-ALANA (starting as hordes, allied to the Dacians)
THE YAZIGII (in eastern Pannonia, client kingdom of the Romans)

There will be many turns per year, as the wars were rather short. If the romans did not manage to conquer Dacia from the first war, they will receive scripted reinforcements to represent the second wawe of romans who came in the second war. The dacian fortification complex from the Surianu Mountain will be represented accordingly, using the newest researches.

I am planning to offer an insight into the dacian civilization, one of wich was highly neglected by the RTW game. The player will have the opportunity to knew more about this civilization, and to be able to play battles on a more realistic map.

Most of the units used for this Mod where already made in different other mods, so probably there will be little if any new units. Hopefully, with the help of a few friends, i will try to recreate on the battlefield a dacian DAVA , so new plans and settlements will be seen for certainity.

I do not have any plans to release this mod very soon as i am currently involved in helping 2 other mods - it seems this mod is going to be forever worked on.

Stil, anyone willing to help is more than welcome.