PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment

The Foolish Horseman
03-07-2007, 22:13
Need more modelers,mappers and anybody who can generally help

meliritos
03-08-2007, 10:43
have you considered a minor detail, that is the copyrights violations you may commit if you use all these characters in a mod. I once considered to make o mod like that with marvel comics heroes but the mod wouldnt go public. Public release of such a mod would be a violation of copyrights law i believe.

The Foolish Horseman
03-08-2007, 13:20
wrong melitiros,asi am not selling it.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-08-2007, 19:45
Hi General,
I'm sorry about this disagreement, yet making paid for characters "free" is in itself illegal and could be considered as piracy in it's own right. Sorry about this, yet what you are doing is incredibly risky. May I suggest you contact the material owners and check with them first - although you may think that what you are doing is legal, the world of courtrooms and law is tricky and I don't want to see you in "the dock" because of your actions with this modification. Good luck, cheers!

Quintus Of Pompeii
03-08-2007, 20:25
I am sorry my good friend but Omanes is correct. I have past said to you, that the copyright of these charachters are proudly presented by the development teams that took their inspiration. Especially the Master Chief from Halo. I once was looking for a mof for Red Alert 2 and i came across a Halo mod i thought i would have a look at the website and it had a notice...
Bungie And Microsoft Requested that this site and all projects containing our material be shut down. As you are just a phone call away from being sued.

I also would suggest you check with these "Authorities"

The Foolish Horseman
03-08-2007, 20:35
I know their are risks, but i will be careful by changing names etc

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-08-2007, 21:07
I know their are risks, but i will be careful by changing names etcStill, beware, be alert and please check with the companies first.

The Foolish Horseman
03-08-2007, 21:13
I have taken on board what you have said omanes, and the VG:TW Team are writing to each company in turn asking for permisiion

Happy now?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-08-2007, 21:23
Good to hear General! Thanks alot for taking on the advise! Good luck with getting the permission, cheers!

Quintus Of Pompeii
03-14-2007, 19:25
Here's the deal...

https://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8534/mouetteweneedyoumh3.png

-Q