PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts about lag?

Wolf_Kyolic
03-08-2007, 14:11
I cannot judge it well because I don't have a decent system here but how about the ones who have that? How is the lag for the ones who have a decent system + a decent connection? Is it normal? Just playable? Or horrible?

And morever; do you get affected badly even though you have a good system and connection but other players lack that? Do you lag with them?

I want to know if MP lag is just bearable or really horrible?

Just comment please.

pike master
03-08-2007, 14:52
bearable. not smooth but still playable.

Gawain of Orkeny
03-08-2007, 16:58
Well I had a rea;;y good system and hardly ever lagged. It also looks like mst people without a good system are giving up on MTW2 as its unplayable for them. The main problem is drops not lag. Half the games stall in the lobby.

Zeph
03-08-2007, 19:18
The only problem with lag is other people. With people with good comps and connections i get no lag and perfect gameplay.

Stig
03-08-2007, 19:21
I hardly have any problems myself. But then when I play MP all graphics and sounds are to the lowest, and I'm on the University network, so I have a 100mb connection.

Other people have it tho, but I can live with it, RTW was worse

Chaos Cornelius lucius
03-09-2007, 02:10
I have found game lag to highly variable, with no obvious reason as to the cause. I have had 4v4 games with only slight lag, and 2v2 with some of the same players that have been stop motion battles.
I have a good system so I know that is not the problem. I have just moved house tho and my new connection is borderline crap now, too far from exchange for decent adsl/dsl apparently.
(also discovered yesterday that if you turn the hoover on the internet connection drops out:oops: )

Fenix7
03-09-2007, 12:07
Let's hope that with 2nd patch lag issues will be removed - or at least reduced.

CBR
03-09-2007, 12:10
What unit sizes are people using?

CBR

tootee
03-11-2007, 05:47
Well I had a rea;;y good system and hardly ever lagged. It also looks like mst people without a good system are giving up on MTW2 as its unplayable for them. The main problem is drops not lag. Half the games stall in the lobby.

Quite true, as least for us in SG. It seems like our TW friends suffer lag like us while having very good system. C2D will have to drop by 50% to tempt me to upgrade just to play M2TW as I hardly play another game..

:embarassed:

pike master
03-11-2007, 20:20
its not heavily related to the computer as much as the connection+distance to opponents geographicaly. but also there are bugs in the game code without a doubt.

anyone who says they will not play with anyone they think might lag their game are going to be some pretty lonely players or only get to play with a small niche.

this game should not belong to a minority group of elitest who can afford the best connection and computers. thats what has happened with mark of chaos and it teed a lot of people off.

if i end up playing a 1v1 with someone and it lags i know right off its probably a dial up connection but ill play with em anyways.actually even though dial up really lags the games it causes less drops. dont exactly understand why it works that way.

Yun Dog
04-04-2007, 03:35
I have found game lag to highly variable, with no obvious reason as to the cause. I have had 4v4 games with only slight lag, and 2v2 with some of the same players that have been stop motion battles.
I have a good system so I know that is not the problem. I have just moved house tho and my new connection is borderline crap now, too far from exchange for decent adsl/dsl apparently.
(also discovered yesterday that if you turn the hoover on the internet connection drops out:oops: )

the solution is clear.... dont hoover.... ever... again

and now you can use your M2TW connection as the perfect excuse

ElmarkOFear
04-04-2007, 12:45
To answer your question CBR: Most players I know, who want to play 3v3 or 4v4 games have turned down their graphics settings to the lowest and have turned down unit size to the smallest. I am still using the PCs I used for MTW/VI and I can play and host 4v4s with a bit of lag (but the lag is not quite as bad as STW & MTW1's early days). Drops and lockups are the biggest problem for me and a few others I play with online. Once a game launches, things run fairly well.

I think those who are lagging, are trying to play with larger unit sizes and higher graphic settings. I know the game should play well at those levels, but it doesn't, and I think some are refusing to turn down the settings to help offset the lag.

Chaos Cornelius lucius
04-04-2007, 22:36
the solution is clear.... dont hoover.... ever... again

and now you can use your M2TW connection as the perfect excuse

Now that sounds good to me:laugh4: .
Now hoovering for at least the 2 weeks it is going to take me to download th e new patch anyway:download:

Colossus
04-12-2007, 22:12
GS is a joke, one thats not even funny, its just plain rubbish, I dont care if im being "offensive" but ask anyone in the multiplayer community, its poor.

pike master
04-13-2007, 02:00
i cant believe how smooth the lobby and games are when the lobby is low in numbers. its seems like the server is not up to handling a large number of players.

Sun of Chersonesos
04-14-2007, 12:33
GS is really bad, there must be other companies they can use or even set up their own server. It will be more expensive but I would gladly pay more for the game if we had better servers. I also think that the CA should have stuck with Activision rather than SEGA because they do not release material and if they do it's not on time for example:
•patch 1.2
•demo - which was late and was not freeware. Only available for non PCGamer subscribers on a torrent.

pike master
04-14-2007, 19:51
yep ive heard that from others as well is that the rome and medieval servers are "cheap"