PDA

View Full Version : Narnia total war

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 17:39
I have decided to make this the official thred of Narnia total war before I sort out a sub-forum
Mod Leader: Oscar Reeve

Team Members . ( at the moment )

Joe Reeve

Meghas Alexandros

Jubal_Barca

ALEXANDER_323

Faction Descriptions

Telmarines- descendants of pirates from our world the Telmarines had experienced a great famine, and, crossing through a pass in the mountains to the south near Calormen, they reached Narnia. After years of Telmarine rule, many native Narnians died out or decreased in number, many going into hiding, and humans became the dominant species. By the time of the birth of Caspian the Tenth, the old days of Narnia were often regarded as legend.

King Peter's Army- King peter was given an army from aslan to help protect narnia. United with the native narnians. King Peter's army aim is to protect the native narnians and make a free narnia.

United dwarfs -
Dwarfs are a race native to Narnia. They are called Sons of Earth by Aslan, as opposed to humans, who are called Sons of Adam or Daughters of Eve. Dwarfs exist in at least two (and presumably more) varieties: Black Dwarfs and Red Dwarfs; the only significant physical difference between the two is the colour of their hair. While many Red Dwarfs are kind and loyal to Aslan, Black Dwarfs appear to be more selfish and warlike. All documented dwarfs are male and live together in communities, although it is known for them to mingle with and reproduce with humans. Consequently, it is possible for there to be females of dwarfish descent despite the lack of (or non-appearance in the books of) female dwarfs. For example, Prince Caspian's Tutor Cornelius is a half-dwarf, and Caspian's old nurse is described as "a little old woman who looked as if she had dwarf blood in her"

Calormen- Calormen is an empire in the south of the world of Narnia. Most of the country has a semi-arid climate, and its most notable geographic features are a volcano known as the Flaming Mountain of Lagour, and the Great Desert. The Great Desert is in the northern part of the country, and the difficulty of crossing this desert prevented aggressive Calormene governments from invading Archenland and Narnia for centuries.
The cultural centre of Calormen is the River of Calormen, which flows from west to east along the south side of the Great Desert. The capital city is Tashbaan, located on an island in the river's delta. River of Calormen is bordered for much of its length by farmland and wealthy communities. The city of Azim Balda, located at a crossroads in the heart of the country, is a major hub for travel and communications.

Jadis army - Jadis (French, 'formerly', 'in the past'; also Turkish, 'witch', spelled cadı) is the last scion of the royal house of Charn; she is also said (in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) to be descended from Adam's first wife, Lilith, and to have both Jinn and Giant blood in her veins. According to the Beavers, she has no human blood at all, although she has the appearance of a very tall human woman. When Jadis first entered Narnia on its creation she was banished to the north by Aslan where she spent one thousand years in exile. By the time she had taken over Narnia she had an army of followers that she had obtained during her time in the north.

Native Narnians-the original habitants of narnia. The native narnians have suffered many invasions, and each time they flee to the well known narnian woods. Many races are native narnian including the dwarfs to giants
https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/Narnia_Map.jpg

I am planning on the campain start date to be around 1150
and the end date 1350

centred around The lion the witch and the wardrobe, The hourse and his boy and prince caspian.

King peter's army unit list (so far)
https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/C96461.jpg
Centaurs http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/world/
Leopards
Archer Centaurs
King Peters Noble Body guards
Red Dwarf Axe men
Edmunds Elite swordmen
Giants
Narnian Men
Fawns
Red Dwarf Archers

Queen Jadis Unit list (so far)

Minatours http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/world/
Wolves
black dwarf swordsmen
Jadis Polar bear drwan chariots
ogre's
gnomes archers
Narnian Men
Minaboar
Bengal tigers

I will right a bit about each unit later ........ but please post your ideas

Jubal_Barca
03-08-2007, 17:57
There should definitely be Dwarf archers (bows, not xbows) - there were in the Last Battle.

Also, will Peter get Animals (beaver archers, mouse swordsmen), or will it just be the Native Narnians?

More ideas later.

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 18:14
Hi
I am definitely going to have dwarf archers and i am planning on haveing Mouse swordsmen but i am not sure about the beavers , i want as much varity in units as posible

p.s artwork is coming soon by Joe Reeve

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 18:43
We are currently looking for modelers but anyone is more than welcome to help:bow:

alexander_323
03-08-2007, 18:43
And I Was Thinking About Aslan The Lion Will He Be There

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 18:47

mmm - yes defiantly

Ossie The Great
03-08-2007, 19:51
here is artwork from Joe Reeve Minatour ( my brother )

https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/minatour.jpg

there will be more artwork soon

Ossie The Great
03-09-2007, 14:02
A Black dwarf by Joe Reeve

https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/oscarreeve/BlackDwarf.jpg

caravel
03-09-2007, 14:21
I'm not sure how you would impliment Aslan the Lion in a TW game. If he is placed as the initial faction leader of the Narnian faction, he will eventually die, which would be wrong. It is not really feasible to create a uinique unit of Aslan for a game such as this. At the end of the day the Narnian Kings (humans) will be your faction leaders, so where does Aslan fit in? Personally I think Aslan is basically the Narnians' god, in the way that Tash is the Calmormenes' god. I would say that Aslan could be implimented as the diety for the Narnians, with Shrines of Aslan (pagan looking structures to fit in with the "silvan" theme of the Narnian faction - such as the stone table), and large statues of him inside your settlements, but he should never appear in person. For Tash, Azaroth and Zardeenah (Calormene dieties), larger ornate temples of the eastern type would be more suitable. The Tisroc could also have retinues of a Priest of Tash etc etc, the Narnians would probably not have such retinues. Unit's of lions would be viable units as there was another Lion in the LWW.

:bow:

Ossie The Great
03-09-2007, 14:33
I agree that it would be hard but in some way we need to involve aslan. The narnian game would not be the same. actually that might be a bit hard so i will go along with Cambyses 2 idea for the moment

Ossie The Great
03-09-2007, 20:31
I have finshed my first faction symbol

alexander_323
03-10-2007, 18:20
GUYS M A BIT STUCK CAN U HELP

ACTUALLY I M DEVELOPING THE FACTION SYMBOL FOR QUEEN JADIS ARMY
AND I M A BIT CONFUSED ABOUT THE CENTER SYMBOL(AS PETER'S SWORD IN PETER'S ARMY)
THE POSSIBLE ONE'S ARE

1) FEMALE POWER -> THE INVERTED V (AS WITH SPARTANS AND THATS THE MAIN PROBLEM)

2) JADIS WAND

3)jadis ice crown

4) the castle of cair paravel
i'll give the artwork for these
in some time but i need assitance in deciding

Ossie The Great
03-10-2007, 18:39
mmm i am not sure let me see the pictures then i will tell you

Ossie The Great
03-10-2007, 22:29
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=214
here is our offical forum