PDA

View Full Version : The thousand nations of the Persian Empire descend upon you...

Goatbuster3000
03-11-2007, 20:55
This was from a topic posted by our mod team leader bongfu over at Total War Center

Rise of Xerxes aims to be the first and finest Greek mod for M2TW. With a mix of fantasy looking units, and historical Greco-Persian war era units and factions, we seek to recreate the world of Ancient Greece.

Prepare to take up arms against the Persians, or conquer all of Europe under the God-king Xerxes.

Please visit Rise of Xerxes (http://hypernetstudios.jconserv.net/) and become involved. If you have any skills, come and help us out! :beam:

Alexander the Pretty Good
03-13-2007, 02:11
Nevermind.

Suraknar
03-13-2007, 03:26
hehe,

I see you guys are hevilly in to the recently released movie of the 300 ;)

Might be interesting curious to see how it evolves there.

Goatbuster3000
03-13-2007, 20:47
We certainly don't want to make it a 300: Total War mod, but we want to give it a somewhat stylish look. A combination of realism and creativeness, if you will. Right now, there is a poll going on in our forums to see which way the mod will go. If anyone has any input, post it :D

Suraknar
03-13-2007, 22:08
Well, personally I would be fine with any of the two ways you choose to go.

Historical or Mythical.

I once moded elves and orcs (and their ships) in to a Pirate carribean game so...

It will certaintly offer more variety if you ask me, there is so many mods that are made based on realism and History, having some Historical Mythology thrown in from time to time certaintly does not hurt, it is all about creativity and fun.

Greeks can have Centaurs and Persians can have Sphinxes...Some research will have to be made in to both culture's Mythological beliefs for sure.