PDA

View Full Version : Trouble running mod.

MiniKiller
03-16-2007, 04:46
Hey all just saw the movie 300 and well I want to play RTW again as a Greek lol. Saw this mod, looks really good. Installed it and everything ok. I load it up and get to the single player screen. I cant click on imperial campaign because I get a popup saying please select an item from the list. I can select provincial campaign but cant get past the screen after that. I have one option for a campaign and when I select it or click the next arror I get the same please select an item from the list...whats going on, Im utterly confused?

tonyw
03-16-2007, 11:40
Did you download patch 8 and run the new_UI.bat file?

MiniKiller
03-16-2007, 15:27
yup i download 2 things, first the actual mod followed directly by the patch then I ran the new_ui in the rome total war folder.

Squid
03-16-2007, 18:38
Two questions:

1) What message, if any do you get with -show_err?
2) Did you install Roma Surrectum onto an unmodded, but patched (to 1.5) vanilla?

MiniKiller
03-16-2007, 23:16
1) Not sure what you mean here, maybe thats the prob? lol
2) Yup, but Ive decided to try and fresh install again and see what happens. I'll let ya know.

MiniKiller
03-17-2007, 03:55
ok phew igot it to work finall but i dont have barbarian invasion installed. i know you said i dont need it but does it add anything to the game for the barbarians anyway?

Also this may be a dumb question but what is the difference between the two different campaigns?

thanks

DVK901
03-17-2007, 05:05
ok phew igot it to work finall but i dont have barbarian invasion installed. i know you said i dont need it but does it add anything to the game for the barbarians anyway?

Also this may be a dumb question but what is the difference between the two different campaigns?

thanks

The 'Imperial Campaign is a smaller map, which is being removed and worked on. The other two are large scale maps. One without the Senate, the other with them.

MiniKiller
03-18-2007, 05:53
ok thanks. i dont see the second campaing under the provincal option. I only see the one big map, w/o the senate.

tonyw
03-18-2007, 10:18
DVK's thinking about the current beta that the development team are running!

DVK901
03-18-2007, 15:14
DVK's thinking about the current beta that the development team are running!

:oops: :wall:

~Isabella of Castile~
05-13-2007, 21:11
I'm having the exact same issue, I've had this patch work before, but now it won't...

Roman_Man#3
05-13-2007, 21:45
If you are using show_err, I think the only thing would be to reinstall RTW.

Did you install it onto a clean version of RTW? The problem you listed on the other thread sounds like something is wrong with the maps folder. Check in data/worlds/map/ and make sure the base folder, the custom folder, and the campaign folder is there.

Squid
05-14-2007, 16:44
And also did you install into the Rome-Total War folder or the data, because it should be installed in to the Rome-Total War folder, of a clean (1.5) install of RTW.