PDA

View Full Version : Where in the World/PING

PutCashIn
03-23-2007, 09:21
Hello, this post is a request: that as many of the Multiplayer MTW2 Gamers could reply-post telling I/us where they live in the world?

I assume most are in America/Europe, but if there are a few Australasians/Asians it would be benefitial to know, as I live on the Butt of the Earth (assuming the north pole is 'up'), thus determining WHEN to play multiplayer greatly enhances my chance of both finding a game, and finding low ping games.

For example, in Dawn of War, 5am (local time) to midday is when the most people are playing, giving the best chance of a game, mainly in the US/Europe reigons, but 5pm (local) to midnight is when the pings are lowest, as Asia is waking up....

Also, what Ping is considered 'average' ?
An RTS online is quite playable with crazy 500-1000 pings, but heaven forbid trying this in a FPS...of course, Total War is a bit of a hybrid, so do people lean towards the RTS or FPS ping requirements?

As always, your replys are appreciated, such a wealth of knowledge this forum contains!

Denali
03-23-2007, 11:25
Id say around 300 Ping is still playable although you notice a bit of lag.

Most pll are online around 2000 gmt, evening in europe as far as i know.

Stig
03-23-2007, 12:40
Try to keep it under 200, otherwise it might get laggy (most people don't consider the Ping when they say a game lags).

Also, most people are online at about 20:00 their time. So if you're on then you will get lower pings.

Chaos Cornelius lucius
04-04-2007, 22:43
After moving to Oz from the UK, I'm finding that the best times to play are from about 5am onwards up to about 2pm AEST.
As for ping rates, I have to be honest that I don't take too much notice of them mainly because a lot of the games showing up on my screen don't have a ping rate displayed. If it is over 700 or so I will usually avoid the game tho.

pike master
04-05-2007, 04:01
what about the accuracy of the pings shown on the side bar?

also why do some games not show a ping?

is there a way to get a more consistent and thorough reading for the game pings?

there have been times i would see 120pings on a game and jump off and relog and when i come back on that same game says 1200 pings.

Denali
04-09-2007, 18:01
what about the accuracy of the pings shown on the side bar?

also why do some games not show a ping?

is there a way to get a more consistent and thorough reading for the game pings?

there have been times i would see 120pings on a game and jump off and relog and when i come back on that same game says 1200 pings.

aye there is.... get rid of gs :juggle2:

pevergreen
04-10-2007, 15:38
300 is the top you would want for any type of game. a ping of 120 is very high on a FPS and over 200 will get you kicked. A ping of 270 (brisbane to America) is playable, but over 300 you are stuffed.

pike master
04-10-2007, 18:32
120 is good connection for this game as anything under 250 is still considered playable.

if all you play are guys who have below 120 pings your going to be awfully lonely