PDA

View Full Version : PMTW mod question

Derfasciti
03-24-2007, 00:38
Hi all, I've been wanting to play PMTW for a while now, but since I've only recently gotten over some of my modding fright and dled XL, I want to try out PMTW. So, does this work for XL too? if so how/where do I download/install it?

If not, what should I do?:help:

Thanks for any guidance.

cegorach
03-25-2007, 11:18
I am not sure what you want to ask...

If you mean if you can install PMTW over MTW XL than yes I think there should be little or no problems.

Sorry if you want to ask for something else - please re-phrase your question.:dizzy2:

Derfasciti
03-25-2007, 13:45
heh sorry for the miscommunication.

I had wanted primaly to know if it can be played alongside XL. I.e. having both mods.

The other question is, if I cannot then how exactly do I uninstall XL and install PMTW? <----- computer noob:embarassed:

cegorach
03-25-2007, 14:03
If you have enough place on your HDD the best thing is to copy the folder which includes XL to a different location, re-name it whatever you want and THEN install PMTW to either the old folder or to the new one.

This way you can have as many MTW mods as you want to and ALL will use the same CD to work properly.

Personally I am using this option whenever I can afford it this way it was always very easy to check some ideas in other mods and apply them to PMTW if useful.

Actually the best thing for you would be to copy the MTW folder TWICE because to fully appreciate PMTW you will need two installs - one with single player release, second for realisitc Custom Battle/MP mode.
Second offers about 100 units more and at least 4 factions unavailable in ordinary PMTW ( Ethiopia, Iroquis, Uzbeks etc) because all are non-european.

If you have any questions please ask later, but I suggest to check yourself couple of things before that - it is the best thing to learn it on your own.

I know because as you will find out reading my first initial post (as Hetman) in XVI-XVII thread I really knew NOTHING about modding at that time.:yes:

Sigma
03-28-2007, 21:22
Since there is already a questions thread here, I'll just post my question here :D

Is there any ships on the mod? I've built ports and the buildings neccessary to build ships in normal MTW, yet no ships appear in the unit build screen, I'm confused because its impossible to play as the Knights if you cannot get off the Island of Rhodes :(

Sigma
03-28-2007, 22:41
Sorry for the double post but for some reason trying to play the Religious Turmoil and The Sun Kings Ambition campaign after about 3 or 4 turns my game CTD for some reason, it dosen't happen on Age of Exploration though...

Sigma
03-28-2007, 22:41
Sorry for the double post but for some reason trying to play the Religious Turmoil and The Sun Kings Ambition campaign after about 3 or 4 turns my game CTD for some reason, it dosen't happen on Age of Exploration though...