PDA

View Full Version : EB, a music mod, and a new guy.

Mr_Coffeebean
03-25-2007, 19:34
First off, howdy. I know you've all heard this a million times before, but please, grow tired: EB rules. Absolutely awesome work! Best damn mod I have played to date, got me back into Rome: Total War.

Read a few things though about the music in EB, only having the one soundtrack etc (hey, no complaints. I can't compose for *!@!. Nice job whoever did it!).

So... has anyone ever heard of the Cantus Congretio mod? Don't even think it's still going... but it used music from film soundtracks and classical pieces.

To have the music for the different factions in EB ive ended up doing a whole bunch of descr_sounds_music files for each faction.

Four different themes: Roman, "Barbarian", Eastern and Greek. In my humble opinion, the guys who made this mod did a great job.

Obviously if you want ALL the factions you will have a whole bunch of text files sitting around but for those who play (shall we say) the main factions, or just one or two, it shouldn't be too much trouble. Just swap out the descr_sounds_music files accordingly (backup originals eh).

This shouldn't conflict terribly I hope? Would only add new music and descr_sounds_music files.

Worth noting: A lot of the tunes have been cut up, re-assembled, made less lengthy (ie gladiator: the battle is about 10 minutes originally). That said, it works VERY well. Also, as this uses bits from film soundtracks, I don't know how we all feel about copyright etc. I sincerely apologise if this is an issue. It is not my intention to cause problems. I DO own most of the soundtracks used myself, but I really don't think that applies to everyone else.

Also, due to all the additional mp3's, any installer will be about 100-150mb.

So... any interest? Will try to get in contact with the modders of Cantus Congretio for permissions. Can post an installer and the descr_sounds_music files.

Anywho... I forget quite what i was saying (It's sunday) and I have rambled enough at you. Cheers, and thanks for reading!

Coffee

Teleklos Archelaou
03-25-2007, 19:48
I've done the same sort of thing for myself (instead of using soundtracks, using reproductions of ancient music from those cultures), but the potential problem is copyright issues and making such a mod available to the public. It may not be allowed on the forum. I don't know the official forum stance on this sort of thing, but it should be clarified first.

MDK
04-17-2007, 00:08
So to clarify... let's say I have some files saved as MP4s (from Itunes) that I'd like to splice in for game music. I'll kill the suspense, I wanna hear my 300 soundtrack while my agraspidai tear ass all over the field of battle.

How would I go about this? Do I have to convert to wav form, or what?

Zaknafien
04-17-2007, 00:24
mp4's wont work. they must be in mp3 format.

MDK
04-17-2007, 18:49
Ok... so I change to MP3 format, but then what do I do? Sorry, I'm a nub. I'd like to cycle through as many tracks as I can, but I don't know what to change to make it do that.

craziii
04-11-2008, 02:54
I can;t find the mod anywhere, it seems it got hit by the copyright hammer. even google yielded zero! anyone here kind enough to upload it somewhere?

edit: by mod I mean CC Lite Music Mod.

MerlinusCDXX
04-13-2008, 07:08
I can;t find the mod anywhere, it seems it got hit by the copyright hammer. even google yielded zero! anyone here kind enough to upload it somewhere?

edit: by mod I mean CC Lite Music Mod.

I don't think it will be allowed to be uploaded anywhere, 'cause of the whole copyright thing, but, can you receive attachments in your e-mail...PM me.

craziii
04-14-2008, 17:38
thank you soooo much.