PDA

View Full Version : Cosa Nuova II: The Cult of the Cosa Nuova [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Kommodus
03-26-2007, 05:16
Prologue

The warm air rising from the quai de la Tournelle was thick with the scent of fine food and wine, cigar smoke, and human sweat. On late August evenings this as this, the well-known Paris boulevard bustled with activity, as eager tourists and year-round residents hurried to squeeze the last of the festivities out of the fleeting summer. It was here, just off the banks of the Seine River, that the historic stone tower housing the acclaimed La Tour d’Argent rose out of the earth and concrete.

Most times of the year, every table in this shrine of decadence, wealth, and status was booked months in advance. Yet on this particular night, a curious sight would have greeted anyone privileged enough to enter its inner sanctum. One of the restaurant’s finest private dining areas, normally reserved for the most elite of celebrities and statesmen, was virtually empty. To the casual observer, its only occupant was a single individual – a truly ancient man dressed in an impeccable white tuxedo, seated at the head of the room’s single long and narrow banquet table.

The restaurant patrons in the main dining area may have found it slightly odd that there were two men dressed in sharp black suits standing motionless at the entrance to the private dining area – the men didn’t quite have the appearance of restaurant staff – but they were without exception far too engrossed in their menus and wine lists to take much notice. Meanwhile, the man in white casually sipped his Chateau Lafite, his fork slowly pushing the remnants of his duck off to the side of his plate.

A woman strode through the door of the restaurant and began to consult with the maitre d’. She was young – probably in her early thirties – and her beautiful Asian features were framed by long black hair. After a few moments, she was directed to the private dining area where the man in white awaited. After briefly being stopped by the men in the black suits, she was allowed entrance. The door was shut behind her as she stood motionless just inside it.

The man in white slowly raised his eyes and affixed her with a piercing stare. Despite her brave attempts to hold his gaze, the feeling was so unnerving that she was quickly forced to look to the side. It was nothing to be ashamed of, she’d been told. Despite his obvious age, the legendary leader of the Cosa Nuova was an imposing presence. His eyes, though now quite sunken into the taut skin on his face, still burned with a brilliant white fire that matched his silver hair. Though she herself was a high-ranked officer in the Cosa Nuova – the head of research and development operations in all of Asia – she could not help but feel intimidated. This moment would be permanently etched into her memory.

Without a word, the man in white motioned for her to sit. This she did, careful to take a seat several places removed from the head of the table. She bowed her head and waited for the man to speak.

When he did, his voice was clear, yet slightly brittle. The canyons carved into his face, it seemed, were more than skin-deep.

“What did you observe as you entered this place?” he asked simply.

Taken aback by the question, she paused momentarily before replying. “I saw the elite of society,” she said. “I saw wealth, luxury, and excess. I saw men and women fixated on momentary pleasures, unable or unwilling to see beyond their narrow, meaningless existence.”

After a brief, appraising pause, the leader dropped his gaze. “Indeed,” he said, slightly apathetically. “Thus has our organization always viewed much of the world. A rather plain observation, and no doubt a true one… and yet…” here he paused, searching for words. “It would seem we have overlooked something. It is possible there is value in the unwashed masses that even we failed to see.”

The woman, having no useful response to this, said nothing. The man in white went on.

“The prophets of our time have spoken,” he said. “Yet just as in every age, they are scoffed at and ridiculed. We stand on the precipice of a great development such as humanity has never experienced. At first, technological advancement altered the perception and meaning of space. Now, however, it is time itself that shall be forever altered.”

The ideology of the Cosa Nuova was well circulated within the organization, and none of this was new to the woman.

“Computing technology has, of course, fundamentally changed the world already,” said the man in white. “All know this. However, the most significant changes are yet to come. The exponential growth of computing power is driving advances in all other fields – physics, biology, transportation, medical science, and all others. Problems once thought intractable are being systematically conquered by human reason, and nothing is now beyond our reach.” He developed a gleam in his eye as he continued. “Some have predicted that within a mere hundred years, mortality itself will be only a memory.”

Here the woman sensed the direction the conversation was taking and interjected. “I assure you, our server farms are operating at maximum capacity working on problems in all of these fields,” she said. “Our researchers are years ahead of any government on the planet. Every medical advance we make is available to our members immediately, but what you speak of is still many decades away – if it can be reached at all.”

The leader smiled slightly. “All this I am aware of. And your accomplishments in heading the Asian branch of our research operations are noted and appreciated. However, there are some… developments you are not yet aware of.”

“A network of supercomputers equipped with the latest software is a powerful tool,” he intoned. “Better still are our worldwide grids of ordinary CPUs, collectively possessing the power of hundreds of supercomputers. Yet for all their efficiency, all of these efforts suffer from a significant, and seemingly insurmountable, obstacle.”

Here he leaned forward a bit and spoke more softly. “Despite all advancements made, modern computers still lack the creativity – the true innovative ability – of the human mind. Our best artificial intelligence programs are a best a crude approximation of the human thought process.”

“At least,” said the woman, “they are fully dedicated to their assigned tasks. The potential of the human mind may be vast, yet so few ever come close to tapping into it.”

“And this is a great tragedy,” thundered the leader, shaking his head. “Yet it is one which our researchers in Europe may have found a way to remedy.”

This statement sharply aroused the woman’s interest. She knew her host was finally coming to the point.

“Within each human mind – even yours and mine – lie great untapped reservoirs of intelligence, of creativity, of powerful ideas that are never brought to the surface. Imagine a worldwide grid – an enormous brain trust, if you will – in which these ideas are allowed to flourish, each one receiving due consideration and evaluation. A network not entirely unlike a modern distributed grid, yet thousands of times more powerful.”

To say the woman was impressed would have been an understatement at that moment. “How can such a thing be possible?” she whispered.

“It is very nearly a reality,” rasped the leader. He was beginning to show the strain of the long conversation. “It may be only recently that the world has become aware of the development of a propulsion system suitable for nanites. However, our own nanotechnology is far ahead of that. Our European research team has developed nanite swarms capable of ‘rewiring’ the very neurons within a human brain! Even a simpleton’s mind, correctly altered, can become very useful to us indeed.”

For a normally reserved man, the leader was clearly becoming excited. “Those who survive the procedure do not even notice a difference. They have no notion that the formerly unused parts of their brains are now hard at work for the betterment of mankind. Our researchers, however, see everything. We link all the assimilated minds into a network – wirelessly, of course (one might even say telepathically) – and put them to work on some of the oldest and most difficult conundrums known to man. Initial results are, to put it mildly, quite promising.”

The woman was listening intently with a wide-eyed expression. “This is truly remarkable,” she breathed. “Is it then time to share our knowledge openly with the world? Surely even the most short-sighted would welcome such a promising avenue of research!”

The man shook his head with an expression of mild disgust. “Yes, one would expect that, no?” he asked rhetorically. “However, our technology has one minor imperfection. As it turns out, only a small percentage of the population possesses minds strong enough to survive the transformation. The rest, well…” – here he gave a dismissive wave – “they simply die. We might try the procedure on a thousand individuals and obtain only ten useful nodes. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing which minds are suitable except for trial and error.”

“There is yet another reason why current governments would have reservations about embracing our cause,” he added. “Once we have altered a mind, it can be ‘operated’ remotely. The subject will comply with any command we send it. Modern governments, due to their silly preoccupation with ‘ethics,’ would reject this without a second thought.”

“Of course,” he continued, “any enlightened society would be more than willing to make these sacrifices. The loss of the weak-minded, whether in small or large numbers, is small loss – and an unselfish man would surely sacrifice his freedom for the kind of advancement this research promises. But society as it exists today remains weak and sentimental. No…” he signed slightly, “we must operate as we always have… in secret.”

“Then the work in the laboratories will continue?” the woman asked.

The man shook his head. “We have achieved all we can in such a controlled environment. Kidnapping sufficient subjects for the size of grid we are hoping to create is simply not practical. If we are to achieve our goal of a truly worldwide grid, we have no choice but to venture outside the laboratories. Which brings me to why you are here.”

“Though your current work is research-oriented, you were once one of our highest-rated field agents. Therefore, you will be in charge of assembling and preparing a team of operatives to infiltrate a certain location, blending in with the locals. Once there, they will begin to administer the nanites to individuals – slowly, so that the inevitable deaths appear natural. In this way they will increase our grid gradually… patiently.”

The woman nodded. “I suppose the location has already been selected? Silicon Valley, perhaps – or one of the great western universities?”

The man shook his head. “Westerners believe themselves to be more intelligent than the more primitive cultures of the world, when they are in fact only differently educated. Education helps us not at all – what we require is potential. That can be found far more easily in other places of the world. We would also do well to avoid those places were our operatives are likely to be captured. If this operation fails, all we’ve worked for will be jeopardized.”

He leaned over the table. The woman noticed a map spread out there – how had she missed it before? The leader was pointing to a location on the map. “It is here,” he said, “that we expect to find the most optimal of the necessary conditions.”

He sat back in his chair and took a drink of his wine, clearly tired from their discussion. “You have your orders,” he said. “I urge you, do not fail. Some of us… do not have a hundred years to wait.”

The woman nodded. The leader of the Cosa Nuova suddenly looked very old and gaunt, and she knew that his motivations were mixed. Seeing herself dismissed, she got up and left the room and the restaurant, disappearing into the lights of Paris.

Welcome to Cosa Nuova II: The Cult of the Cosa Nuova!

Basic Rules (for those who haven’t played before)

Mafia is a psychological game played between an informed minority (the mafia) and an uninformed majority (the townspeople).

The mafia has infiltrated the town and is attempting to take control of it through murder and deceit. They are vastly outnumbered by the townspeople, but their identities are unknown except to each other. The goal of the townspeople is to eliminate the mafia by executing them in a democratic process.

Each turn consists of a “night” phase and a “day” phase. During each night, the mafia may secretly kill one or more players. During the day, all players participate in the justice system by voting to execute a player who they think is guilty. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is lynched and the cycle repeats.

The game progresses until one of two conditions is satisfied:

The mafia have all been eliminated (townspeople victory)
The number of Mafiosi remaining is greater than or equal to the number of remaining townspeople (mafia victory)

Background of the Cosa Nuova

The Cosa Nuova is a splinter group that has broken off from the main mafia. They do not engage in murder for its own sake, or in petty crime. Instead, they involve themselves in greater causes – political, social, or environmental. While extremely intelligent and far-sighted, they are badly deluded. Their leadership places no value in individual human life, and their methods tend to be cruel and twisted. For a story of one of their recent forays against an unsuspecting world, check out Cosa Nuova: A New Mafia (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=70301).

Special Twists for Cosa Nuova II

There will be two or three Cosa Nuova operatives (Mafiosi), depending on how many people sign up. They will be randomly selected. Each night they will be able to target two villagers no matter how many remain.

However, instead of simply killing villagers, the mafia will inject them with a special solution containing nanites that will attempt to rewire their brains and place them under the control of the Cosa Nuova. Most of the time, this will result in death. However, there will be a few randomly selected “strong-minded villagers” who will survive the process. Upon being injected, these players will not die but will change their alignment – from then on they will play on the side of the Cosa Nuova, and their victory conditions will become those of the Cosa Nuova.

The strong-minded villagers do not know who they are. If they are “converted,” I will inform them of their conversion, which is involuntary. No one else will know of their conversion. The amount of information they will receive will be left to the discretion of the original Cosa Nuova operatives.

The townspeople do not need to execute all converted players to win – they must only execute the original Mafiosi. At this point the networked “grid” of human minds created by the Cosa Nuova will collapse, killing all attached “nodes.”

Pro-Town Roles

The only known pro-town role is Agent Bayingana, an MI-6 agent tasked with stopping the Cosa Nuova. His precise abilities are unknown. There are also several additional pro-town roles, but their number and types are hidden.

How to Vote

As in other recent games, I expect you to vote like this: Vote: Kommodus. Please make your votes bold – that will make it much easier for me to tally the votes. If you don’t follow this method, I’ll still try to count your vote, but I can’t guarantee anything. If your vote gets missed because you didn’t follow this rule, there won’t be any recounts.

If you wish to retract an earlier vote and cast a new vote, please use the following format:

Unvote: GeneralHankerchief
Vote: Kommodus

Technically you don’t need the “unvote” part, but it makes it a little clearer to all the participants what you are doing.

In this game you may not vote: Abstain, due to the abuse of this option. An abstaining vote is the same as no vote, and will not count. However, you may vote: No Lynch. This means you are voting for no one to be lynched at all. If this option gets the majority of the votes during a turn, no one will be lynched that day.

Player Inactivity and the Consequences Thereof

If you sign up for the game, you are expected to participate. Failure to do so will result in your removal from the game. Mafia is extremely fun, but only when all players are engaged.

To prevent players from “lurking” and not participating in the discussion, anyone who does not vote for three rounds in a row, or a total of five rounds throughout the game, will be eliminated. This is actually quite lenient, so don’t worry about short absences you are required to take – just let me know in advance.

If you run afoul of this rule, however, prepare to be thoroughly humiliated upon your exit from the game. The story I write for you will not be flattering, I can assure you of that.

Other Special Rules (Important!)

Please keep in mind the following items:

You may not post screenshots of any kind for any reason.
Unlike most other Mafia games on this forum, you may not quote the private messages I send to you. A lot of games, I think, have been negatively affected by too many quoted PMs. You must use your own eloquence to convince others of your case.
You may (and are encouraged to) participate in the discussion after being killed. This is to prevent the game from dying due to all the active players being killed off. However, you may not reveal your role after death. This goes for all roles. If you break this rule I’ll help the other side in some way.
You may not claim to be mafia.
If you wish to leave the game you may do so by notifying me of your intention to commit suicide. However, you may not do this while receiving a lot of votes – if you do so I’ll simply allow you to be lynched.
Don’t forget that abstaining votes are not allowed.Enough Rules Already, Let’s Get Going!

To sign up, simply post in this thread and say you are interested!

Due to some upcoming business trips, this will be a rather long signup stage (approximately one week). If so inclined, please recruit your friends – this game’s gonna be off the hook!

Signed up (32):

Sasaki Kojiro
BlackAxe3001
Crazed Rabbit
Ichigo
Stig
CountArach
pevergreen
Dutch_guy
TwilightBlade
AndresTheCunning
HughTower
Warmaster Horus
sapi
Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot
Seamus Fermanagh
Motep
GeneralHankerchief
Caius Flaminius
rdeče.jabolko
Kagemusha
Ignoramus
Destroyer of Hope
RoadKill
greaterkhaan
Xdeathfire
Xehh II
Tran
Warluster
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Myrddraal
Killfr3nzy
discovery1

Signups are closed. The game is currently in progress.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-26-2007, 05:23
/in

*starts to read post*

BlackAxe3001
03-26-2007, 05:39
IN!

Crazed Rabbit
03-26-2007, 05:45
*reads post*
I'm in. Time for Cosa Nuova 2: Return of the Geriatric.

Crazed Rabbit

Csargo
03-26-2007, 06:21
In...

Very nicely written Kommodus. Now only how to recruit players:soapbox:

Stig
03-26-2007, 06:53
in

haven't read the first post yet tho, didn't have the time yet ~D

Csargo
03-26-2007, 07:14
in

haven't read the first post yet tho, didn't have the time yet ~D

It's rather long I wouldn't bother.:beam:

CountArach
03-26-2007, 07:23
Hehe,

I'm in. I too shall read it later, probably tomorrow.

pevergreen
03-26-2007, 08:10
Too much story, not enough killing :laugh4:

In, of course.

Dutch_guy
03-26-2007, 08:15
In :2thumbsup:

:balloon2:

Twilightblade
03-26-2007, 08:18
im in

Andres
03-26-2007, 08:34
I actually read the first post. Sounds great :2thumbsup:

Looking forward to the humiliating WoG's :grin:

IN!

HughTower
03-26-2007, 09:26
Is the first post relevant? Or can I just pick someone to abuse?

IN

Warmaster Horus
03-26-2007, 10:55
In.
I'm actually getting used to this Mafia thing.

sapi
03-26-2007, 12:02
in, i guess

wont' be able to act for a few days though, thanks to rl

Omanes Alexandrapolites
03-26-2007, 12:44
In!

Seamus Fermanagh
03-26-2007, 14:20
The original was my introduction to Mafia gaming. I would dearly like to participate in the sequel.

Motep
03-26-2007, 15:14
sign me up

GeneralHankerchief
03-26-2007, 20:06
Suh-weet.

For those who haven't read the first post, I highly suggest that they do so. :yes:

By the way...

IN!!!

Caius
03-26-2007, 21:21
Why not?

scotchedpommes
03-26-2007, 23:05
I'll join this one, certainly.

Kagemusha
03-26-2007, 23:11
This is too intresting for me to pass.In!:2thumbsup:

Csargo
03-26-2007, 23:13
This is too intresting for me to pass.In!:2thumbsup:

Glad to see you back Kage.:smash:

Ignoramus
03-26-2007, 23:15
I'm in.

Lord Winter
03-26-2007, 23:24
When do you plan on starting Komo? I would join but I'll be out of town untill monday. The first one was excellent.

RoadKill
03-27-2007, 00:38
Seeing how massivly long that introduction is it MUST BE INTRESTING!
So if you dont mind I'll join.

Kommodus
03-27-2007, 01:35
When do you plan on starting Komo? I would join but I'll be out of town untill monday. The first one was excellent.

Well, since I'm taking a three-day business trip starting Wednesday (returning Friday), I won't be starting till Sunday. I've gone ahead and added your name to the list. Let me know if you want me to take it off.

seireikhaan
03-27-2007, 02:52
Sounds like fun, count me in.

TevashSzat
03-27-2007, 03:21
I'll try another mafia game I guess as long as something like 5 pages doesnt accumulate in a day like my last one. Took forever to read the beginning story though

Seamus Fermanagh
03-27-2007, 03:43
Kommo:

I like your writing.

So that we may all enjoy the story, will you and Sasaki kindly arrange for all of your "summary" posts to run in a parallel info thread? Let's us keep up with key issues easier and makes for a "book" of sorts -- which I will enjoy.

Xehh II
03-27-2007, 04:12
Is this where I sign up? Sounds like a good game, if i'm posting in the right place I'm in as well.

Kommodus
03-27-2007, 04:57
So that we may all enjoy the story, will you and Sasaki kindly arrange for all of your "summary" posts to run in a parallel info thread? Let's us keep up with key issues easier and makes for a "book" of sorts -- which I will enjoy.

Sure, I'll do that once the game gets underway.

Xehh II, you're in. Welcome to Mafia on the .org! :2thumbsup:

Csargo
03-27-2007, 05:36
That's a long time to wait...:bigcry:

Tran
03-27-2007, 06:54
In

Vote to Kill: Kommodus

**runs away into the crowds**

Lord Winter
03-27-2007, 07:08
Well, since I'm taking a three-day business trip starting Wednesday (returning Friday), I won't be starting till Sunday. I've gone ahead and added your name to the list. Let me know if you want me to take it off.
Thanks Kommodus

Warluster
03-27-2007, 08:54
in!

Kommodus
03-27-2007, 14:18
That's a long time to wait...:bigcry:

Yes, but it also gives plenty of time for more people to sign up. I'd really like to have at least 35 people playing, and I think that's a realistic goal.

Good things come to those who wait! ~;)

Vote to Kill: Kommodus

Oh, you better pray I don't have to mod-kill you! :laugh4:

Sigurd
03-27-2007, 14:47
Room for one more?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-27-2007, 17:18
Looks like we'll have a decent size game again.

Myrddraal
03-27-2007, 18:34
Eeeeh, I'm tempted, but I don't really have much time.

All right, I'm in! We'll see how this goes :smile:

Seamus Fermanagh
03-27-2007, 19:10
Long time no viddy, Eyeless.

Glad you've come back to the "dance" half-man.

:smartass:

Csargo
03-27-2007, 19:46
Good to see you Sigurd. A lot of old players coming back I like seeing that.

@Kommodus: I'm not playing a game currently so you can see why I'm anxious for this one to start. Since I'm used to be playing or atleast comment on a game. :shame: I should be more patient.

Myrddraal
03-27-2007, 21:48
Thank you Seamus, it's good to see someone show proper respect my friend. People these days don't show enough respect; it won't be forgotten.

https://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8682/180pxbrandoasdoncorleontp0.png

Andres
03-27-2007, 21:56
Eeeeh, I'm tempted, but I don't really have much time.

All right, I'm in! We'll see how this goes :smile:

I hope you're not the inquisitor type like Sasaki. Your avatar is so... scary...

Wouldn't like to get prosecuted by that...

:eeeek:

Seamus Fermanagh
03-27-2007, 22:01
I hope you're not the inquisitor type like Sasaki. Your avatar is so... scary...

Wouldn't like to get prosecuted by that...

:eeeek:

Be afraid...be very afraid. He and Sasaki have different styles -- but Myrd' took me to the cleaners once (with style I might add).

GeneralHankerchief
03-27-2007, 22:02
Ah, memories. :evilgrin:

Caius
03-27-2007, 22:05
It seems it isnt the first game for Myrdraal.

Well, glad to see new faces for vote :D

Csargo
03-27-2007, 22:06
Ah, memories. :evilgrin:

:shame:

Csargo
03-27-2007, 22:20
It seems it isnt the first game for Myrdraal.

Well, glad to see new faces for vote :D

GF2 (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=70748)

Myrddraal definately has played before, and is a very good player imo.

That link brings back bad memories. Also, I can't believe I typed messages that bad. :bigcry:

And the fact we never got a write-up :angry:

Killfr3nzy
03-28-2007, 05:51
This looks cool, but also scary what with being first mafia on-site. :dizzy2:
/in
I like the idea that we might get some 'Mafiosi-Offspring'.

Kommodus
03-28-2007, 17:30
Woot! With Killfr3nzy's addition, we're up to 31 players. That's good, but I think we can do even better!

I'm leaving in a few hours to go on a three-day business trip. We will start shortly after I return.

:thrasher:

discovery1
03-28-2007, 22:33
I'm in!

Tran
03-31-2007, 14:03
Woot! With Killfr3nzy's addition, we're up to 31 players. That's good, but I think we can do even better!

I'm leaving in a few hours to go on a three-day business trip. We will start shortly after I return.

:thrasher:

All right Kommodus, it's been three days! Show yourself or I shall execute you and take over your mafia empire...:whip:

:hanged: :rifle:

Kommodus
03-31-2007, 15:56
I've returned from my business trip. The game starts tomorrow. :2thumbsup:

BlackAxe3001
03-31-2007, 17:27
WOOT! I'm excited! WB Kommodus!

Csargo
03-31-2007, 22:47

AHHHHHHHHH:bigcry: :furious3: :bigcry:

Caius
03-31-2007, 23:02
Gah!

CountArach
03-31-2007, 23:32
So long to wait...

If you were in Australia, the gam would've started by now... but nooooo, you had to live somewhere else...

Kommodus
03-31-2007, 23:33
The Countdown Begins…

Agent Harrison sat at a computer terminal in an MI-6 branch office, monitoring intelligence reports as they came in from the field. Though his job was perhaps less glamorous than that of a field agent, it was no less important to the successful operation of the agency. Each report needed to be evaluated according to importance and urgency, then relayed to the proper officers responsible for decision-making in each operation. He was, therefore, quite familiar with the details of a large number of operations currently in progress.

His heart gave a sudden skip, therefore, when he saw the name attached to the latest communiqué. It was related to one of the most critical operations in progress; however, communications from the agent in the field were rare. They had to be – anything more would be noticed by the highly vigilant internal security networks of the Cosa Nuova.

As Harrison scanned through the text of the message, his stomach dropped. “Oh no,” he whispered. “No, no, no… they can’t be ready this soon.” His fingers furiously dialed a number on the intercom system. “Get down here right now!” he said forcefully as soon as the call connected. “There’s something you must see immediately.”

“On my way,” said the voice on the other end, and hung up.

One moment later a second message appeared on Harrison’s screen, from the same source. He stared at it, alarmed – this could not be a good sign. Opening the message confirmed his worst fears. The single-line communiqué read simply:

I’VE BEEN MADE.

At that moment, the case manager of the Cosa Nuova infiltration operation, Agent Rowland, arrived. His eyes immediately riveted themselves to Harrison’s monitor. For a moment he clenched his fists and shook with silent rage. Then he exploded.

“Bloody… hell!” he shouted, slamming his fist into the nearest wall. He followed this with a string of colorful expletives, a vein bulging out of his reddened face. Finally he calmed down.

“I’m sorry,” Agent Harrison sighed. “I know she was a good friend of yours.”

“Agent Lesley was… the best field agent I’ve ever worked with,” Rowland sighed, exasperated. “In five years she’s the only one ever to have infiltrated the Cosa Nuova. She and the intelligence she gathered will be… irreplaceable. And as her handler, I share in the responsibility for this disaster.”

“Nevertheless, we must proceed with what we know,” said Agent Harrison. “We’ve lost our asset on the inside, yes. But she managed to get off one last message – the most important one yet. That’s what I called you down here to see.” He brought up the original communiqué on his screen.

Agent Rowland scanned the message quickly. Upon reaching the end of it, he furrowed his brow.

“Why would they choose that location?” he wondered aloud. “Surely they can find higher concentrations of mental capacity elsewhere.”

“I’m not sure,” Harrison shrugged. “The real problem will be tracking their operatives down. You know how adept they are at blending into the native population. And in a country that remote, where our government can’t intervene as strongly as we might like, they’re likely to eliminate any agents we send there before we can find them. If we tried an overt intervention, they’d simply cut and run and restart the entire operation elsewhere – and then we’d have no way of knowing where they’d gone.”

Rowland thought for a moment. “We have only one choice,” he said thoughtfully. “We will have to blend in as well. If their operatives succeed at this, the Cosa Nuova will have access to a processing network thousands of times more powerful and creative than any government on the planet. Their power and influence will skyrocket.”

He paced back and forth for a few moments. Finally he looked up decisively. “Get me Agent Bayingana.”

Two days later…

A tall Rwandan man was driving a beat-up jeep over a rough dirt road that wound its way through the savannah in southern Africa. MI-6 Agent Bayingana was going home.

The man looked calm and cheerful in his dark sunglasses and casual clothing. Beneath the surface, however, his mood was grim. The stakes were high. Success would give his government a chance to uncover the entire European branch of the Cosa Nuova’s research and development operation. Failure would result in a catastrophic victory for the criminal syndicate.

Once again he reviewed the mission specs in his mind. He would pose as a physician vaccinating the population of the small Rwandan village against common illnesses. In reality, however, his vials had been treated with something else.

“This chemical is an experimental substance designed to protect the body from a nanite invasion,” Agent Rowland had said. “Unfortunately it can only be given safely in small doses – any more and it risks the life of the subject. In such small amounts, it works its way through the body in about 24 hours. You will have to try to predict the Cosa Nuova’s targets and administer the vaccine carefully.”

The plan struck him as hardly satisfactory; the most he could hope for would be to delay his enemies. Nevertheless the vaccine was the only weapon he had against them; hopefully it would give him enough time to identify and eliminate them.

Agent Bayingana’s jeep rounded a hill and began to descend into a valley. Small plumes of smoke rose from the quiet village below. He had arrived.

The undercover MI-6 agent was not the first foreigner to arrive in the town of Gisenyi. Though the well-known genocide had taken place more than a decade ago, its fallout continued. Streams of refugees were still trickling in – some of them staying to settle down, others moving on within a day. The town’s population, it seemed, was in constant flux, and the concept of a “permanent resident” was all but forgotten.

In addition, tensions continued to run high. Not all of the returning refugees were, in fact, innocent villagers displaced by violence. Many were among those responsible for the atrocities of the past. Some held tenaciously to their murderous social views. Each day brought new reports of additional attacks. Had the slaughter truly ended? Many lived in constant fear that, having survived the first round of violence, they would be killed by resurgent bands of the “Interahamwe.”

In such a chaotic environment, the influence of official government officials was small or nonexistent. Instead, ancient tribal traditions and practices held sway. The security of the community was the responsibility of all, and under the tradition-inspired justice system known as Gacaca, the entire community participated in law enforcement and, when necessary, retribution.

The fragile community ties of Gisenyi, already frayed to the breaking point, were about to be tested to their utmost limits. For this unlikely setting was about to become a flashpoint in the battle for the mind, even the very soul, of humanity…

*** Signups are now closed ***

Roles will be assigned and PMs sent later tonight.

There will be a total of three Cosa Nuova operatives (Mafiosi). Their number may increase as they convert “strong-minded” villagers to their side; however, only the original three operatives must be eliminated for the town to win.
The precise number of strong-minded villagers is unknown. However, it is a small minority of the entire town. Their identities are hidden to all – including themselves.
Agent Bayingana will be a pro-town role. His precise abilities are hidden.
In addition, there will be several other players with pro-town roles. Their precise number and abilities are also hidden.

Caius
03-31-2007, 23:34
So long to wait...

If you were in Australia, the gam would've started by now... but nooooo, you had to live somewhere else...
Be nice with Kommodus:whip:

Now, I have time to read the first post.:bounce:

Csargo
03-31-2007, 23:35
America is way cooler. ~;)

CountArach
03-31-2007, 23:38
But Australia can spell "way"

pevergreen
04-01-2007, 04:05
:laugh4:

We take the best from English English and American English.

Grey
Honour
Colour

etc

Caius
04-01-2007, 04:07
Its a new day here...

Kommodus
04-01-2007, 05:43
Roles have been assigned and PMs sent. The first night phase begins now.

If you didn't get a PM, you are a normal villager. However, remember that you may be a "strong-minded" villager, one that can be recruited by the Cosa Nuova.

Good luck, everyone!

:holmes:

CountArach
04-01-2007, 06:05
Oooohhhhh... It's on!

Csargo
04-01-2007, 06:14
Oooohhhhh... It's on!

You know it.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 06:18
You know it.

Because he got a pm TELLING HIM THAT HE'S MAFIA

CountArach
04-01-2007, 07:26
Yes I am so obviously scummy.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 07:48
CountArach is a tranvestite

CountArach
04-01-2007, 07:51
lol, and how would you know that...?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 07:56
lol, and how would you know that...?

Isn't it OBVIOUS ~:confused:

CountArach
04-01-2007, 07:59
Isn't it OBVIOUS ~:confused:

*Shakes fist at internet sarcasm*

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 08:03
*Shakes fist at internet sarcasm*

edited for more fist-shaking-worthiness.

While cursing your "post-quoting" cleverness...

Xehh II
04-01-2007, 08:08
Ah... I didn't get a pm, I was told i was in the game, how come I'm not in it now?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 08:16
Ah... I didn't get a pm, I was told i was in the game, how come I'm not in it now?

You should delete the post, by Kommo's rules you aren't allowed to post in the thread if you aren't in the game.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
04-01-2007, 08:16
Ah... I didn't get a pm, I was told i was in the game, how come I'm not in it now?Unfortunately, towniees don't get PMs.

Xehh II
04-01-2007, 08:30
Unfortunately, towniees don't get PMs.
WWhy didn't anyone say?

Warmaster Horus
04-01-2007, 08:43
If you didn't get a PM, you are a normal villager. However, remember that you may be a "strong-minded" villager, one that can be recruited by the Cosa Nuova.
Kommodus did.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 08:52
I'm pretty ready to vote Xehh based on that. It's far too obvious and his ignorance of it seems faked...I was trying to push him a little on it but you guys messed it up...

Xehh II
04-01-2007, 08:56
Hay, why do I have to lose because I've never played it before?

CountArach
04-01-2007, 09:01
That is Sasaki's way of saying "Welcome to the World of Mafia"

Warmaster Horus
04-01-2007, 09:03
In that case, sorry Sasaki.
Xehn, good luck, you're first on Sasaki's "inquisition" list.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
04-01-2007, 09:04
Hay, why do I have to lose because I've never played it before?Being dead is not losing, it's more that you are dead yet your side could still win. The same is true for both sides.

Xehh II, all I can see in your tactics is the "I'm new to mafia" to make yourself appear to be an innocent, however it could just be that you are new to mafia. I'm sure that if you are mafia you will make a large slip up at some point, however, so there really is no point in wasting our votes upon you first round.

Xehh II
04-01-2007, 09:06
Er... thank you

Warmaster Horus
04-01-2007, 09:06
On the other hand, Omanes, if we don't have anyone to vote for...

CountArach
04-01-2007, 09:39
Maybe Omanes is his fellow mafia? :wink:

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 09:45
Hay, why do I have to lose because I've never played it before?

It's not that you've never played before, just that you're mafia.

pevergreen
04-01-2007, 11:02
Can't everyone see the truth? Xehh is mafia!

Turn your faces away from our glorious lord Sasaki!

Its boring waiting for the first night phase to end...

(the third line was my edit)

CountArach
04-01-2007, 11:20
Or maybe you and Sasaki are the mafia?

Warluster
04-01-2007, 11:24
Or maybe... *thinking**thinking* someones mafia! *Thinks over line and slaps head*

No suspects yet, but my guts working.

Warmaster Horus
04-01-2007, 11:28
Working to find who to kill first, perhaps?

CountArach
04-01-2007, 11:28
Working to find who to kill first, perhaps?

You know he isn't, because YOU are the true scum!

Warmaster Horus
04-01-2007, 11:29
Assigning blame to others quickly is the work of the Mafia, isn't it CA? You should know...

CountArach
04-01-2007, 11:34
Oh there you go again, deflecting blame onto me!

Hypocracy! Hypocracy!

pevergreen
04-01-2007, 12:06

Dont you love pre-game stuff?

CountArach
04-01-2007, 12:09
Except this isn't pre-game!

pevergreen
04-01-2007, 12:10
But its pre actual discussion.

CountArach
04-01-2007, 12:13
Oh youd think that... MAFIA SCUM!

pevergreen
04-01-2007, 12:43
sigh.

I have a leadership day tomorrow.

Wont be able to post until the afternoon. (GMT +10)

Dutch_guy
04-01-2007, 14:20
I have a leadership day tomorrow.

Had one of those this weekend :2thumbsup:

:balloon2:

Warmaster Horus
04-01-2007, 14:39
Giving yourself an excuse, right?
I studied Mafia Behavior, this is typical of them.
EDIT: this is directed toward pevergreen, of course.

GeneralHankerchief
04-01-2007, 15:16
Hahahaha, wow, it's on already.

I'm willing to give Xehh the benefit of the doubt for now, but we'll see how he reacts once the game's actually on.

RoadKill
04-01-2007, 15:26
What about you GH you seem to be bandwagoning on sasaki, adn the game is ONNNN

Csargo
04-01-2007, 16:18
Sasaki Kojiro
BlackAxe3001
Crazed Rabbit
Ichigo
Stig
CountArach
pevergreen
Dutch_guy
TwilightBlade
AndresTheCunning
HughTower
Warmaster Horus
sapi
Seamus Fermanagh
Motep
GeneralHankerchief
Caius Flaminius
rdeče.jabolko
Kagemusha
Ignoramus
Destroyer of Hope
RoadKill
greaterkhaan
Xdeathfire
Xehh II
Tran
Warluster
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Myrddraal
Killfr3nzy
discovery1
Jesus

The mafia has too be one of these people.

RoadKill
04-01-2007, 16:20
Your Brilliant Ichigo, The Town Will Win For Sure Now.

Kommodus
04-01-2007, 16:34
Ah yes, I forgot to post the first status list:

Still Alive:

Sasaki Kojiro
BlackAxe3001
Crazed Rabbit
Ichigo
Stig
CountArach
pevergreen
Dutch_guy
TwilightBlade
AndresTheCunning
HughTower
Warmaster Horus
sapi
Seamus Fermanagh
Motep
GeneralHankerchief
Caius Flaminius
rdeče.jabolko
Kagemusha
Ignoramus
Destroyer of Hope
RoadKill
greaterkhaan
Xdeathfire
Xehh II
Tran
Warluster
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Myrddraal
Killfr3nzy
discovery1

EDIT: One more thing I forgot to mention. Since this game is starting on a weekend, I may extend the first night phase by 24 hours.

Csargo
04-01-2007, 16:38
Your Brilliant Ichigo, The Town Will Win For Sure Now.

You know I try. My list is good and all, but I think we can mark Jesus off of it.:sweatdrop:

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 16:39
I don't see Jesus on that list Kommodus. Has Jesus been killed?

Csargo
04-01-2007, 16:42

He died a long long time ago.

Sasaki is there something wrong with this forum? The same three thread show up as not read even though I've already looked at all of them. And the only way I can look at new posts if go back to the tavern page. Strange.

Kommodus
04-01-2007, 16:42

Yes but then he came back to life! However, he's not playing in this game. :2thumbsup:

Sasaki Kojiro
04-01-2007, 16:46
He died a long long time ago.

Sasaki is there something wrong with this forum? The same three thread show up as not read even though I've already looked at all of them. And the only way I can look at new posts if go back to the tavern page. Strange.

Jesus is punishing you.

Csargo
04-01-2007, 16:47
Yes but then he came back to life! However, he's not playing in this game. :2thumbsup:

Good thing he isn't cause he'd win unless someone was randomly named Jesus on this forum. I think I tried to change my username to Jesus once, someone already has it though.:thumbsdown: :bigcry:

Jesus is punishing you.

Ahhhhh man....what did I ever do too him?

Csargo
04-01-2007, 17:03
Kommodus when does the night end?

RoadKill
04-01-2007, 17:17
Ya, I can't wait to lych Ichigo

Csargo
04-01-2007, 17:19
Ya, I can't wait to lych Ichigo

How do you have a computer and internet access if your a Hobo? I think someone is a liar.

RoadKill
04-01-2007, 17:22
'm not just any HOBO I'm the KING of hobos, and I stole a libary card so I can use public computers lol :2thumbsup:

Csargo
04-01-2007, 17:24
I just heard a preacher quote Green Eggs and Ham I could help, but just bust out laughing.

TevashSzat
04-02-2007, 01:00
You know what is the best strat for townies?

Everyone kill of each other or pm your wish for a suicide to Kommodus and when only I am left, instant win:)

Kommodus
04-02-2007, 03:38
The first night phase will end at midnight on Monday. As I said, the extended night phase is due to the fact that I started the game on a weekend. Most night phases will last about 24 hours.

CountArach
04-02-2007, 04:11
You know what is the best strat for townies?

Everyone kill of each other or pm your wish for a suicide to Kommodus and when only I am left, instant win:)

Of course it is instant win MAFIA SCUM!!!!

Caius
04-02-2007, 04:13
Of course it is instant win MAFIA SCUM!!!!

I love the pre-game sphere

Seamus Fermanagh
04-02-2007, 04:24
Well, I don't think it's actually "Pre" once Kommo has tossed out the PMs. As is typical, however, pre-murder speculation has VERY little to go on.

Csargo
04-02-2007, 06:35
Well, I don't think it's actually "Pre" once Kommo has tossed out the PMs. As is typical, however, pre-murder speculation has VERY little to go on.

Mafioso

Sasaki Kojiro
04-02-2007, 06:38
Mafioso

What's your role Ichigo? Yeah that's right I want to hear a claim. Don't ask why.

Csargo
04-02-2007, 06:40
What's your role Ichigo? Yeah that's right I want to hear a claim. Don't ask why.

Why? I would never reveal that sacred information.

CountArach
04-02-2007, 06:41
Why shouldn't I?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-02-2007, 06:53
Why? I would never reveal that sacred information.

I said don't ask why. Why would you never reveal it?

Why shouldn't I?

What?

CountArach
04-02-2007, 06:59
Why should I ask why?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-02-2007, 07:01
Wherefore do you query as to whether or not you should or shouldn't ask why or why not?

BlackAxe3001
04-02-2007, 07:04
Why shouldn't you ask why you should ask why?

Motep
04-02-2007, 12:36
Okay, i'm lost. has the game even started yet?

Andres
04-02-2007, 13:41
Okay, i'm lost. has the game even started yet?

:inquisitive:

Dirty mafioso!

Csargo
04-02-2007, 16:41
I said don't ask why.

Why would I answer a question, which I couldn't ask why you asked such a question?

Andres
04-02-2007, 17:00
What is this? The question only game?

Csargo
04-02-2007, 17:06
What is this? The question only game?

Why do you ask?

Stig
04-02-2007, 17:18
Well even if it's one question only we will still see more discussion then before ... hopefully

Warmaster Horus
04-02-2007, 19:10
Ichigo, not directly answering a question is well a MAFIOSO indicator.
Why do you not want to answer?

Caius
04-02-2007, 19:11
Ichigo, not directly answering a question is well a MAFIOSO indicator.
Why do you not want to answer?
Because you are a mafioso

Warmaster Horus
04-02-2007, 19:17
Once again, assigning blame.
Also, I remember you said:

I love the pre-game sphere
You love it because it permits the Mafiosi to hide. You're hiding plenty. Mafioso.

Caius
04-02-2007, 19:18
Once again, assigning blame.
Also, I remember you said:

You love it because it permits the Mafiosi to hide. You're hiding plenty. Mafioso.
:no: mafiosi

GeneralHankerchief
04-02-2007, 19:32
Caius, since when have you been invisible?

(haha, yes, I am bringing the invisibility issue up in another Cosa Nuova game.)

Caius
04-02-2007, 19:33
Caius, since when have you been invisible?

(haha, yes, I am bringing the invisibility issue up in another Cosa Nuova game.)
Since Seamus game.

That was months ago!

Crazed Rabbit
04-02-2007, 20:40
Bringing up the old 'invisibility issue', eh, GH?

Only some sort of slimy character, some sort of ne'er do well, some sort of of remorseless killer, some sort of criminal associated with a gang, would do such a thing.

I'm sure you fit all those descriptions, but I can't quite figure out what role you have...

Hmmm.

CR

;p

Seamus Fermanagh
04-02-2007, 20:46
Since Seamus game.

That was months ago!

Well, I didn't run checks on who had or had not, but I will confirm that I specifically suggested all players do so at the beginning of Capo.

Caius
04-02-2007, 20:47
specifically suggested all players do so at the beginning of Capo
Well, I did that when it started

Stig
04-02-2007, 21:09
I don't have it on. What's the change of someone seeing me pm'ing.

Next to that I could say I pm'ed for GHs game, for Lucjans game or just someone else

seireikhaan
04-02-2007, 21:28
When does voting start?

Caius
04-02-2007, 21:41
When does voting start?
When Kommodus posts the kills.

GeneralHankerchief
04-02-2007, 22:53
I don't know, I could have sworn that I've seen you before in the "who's Online" list...

I realize there's no point in arguing this so don't bother posting and saying that I'm wrong and you've had it on since Capo; I'm just thinking out loud.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-02-2007, 22:54
FoS GeneralkHankypanky

GeneralHankerchief
04-02-2007, 22:59
FoS GeneralkHankypanky

Reason?

btw, there's an extra K in there.

Caius
04-02-2007, 23:01
Stop Spamming and start please!!!

Sasaki Kojiro
04-02-2007, 23:18
Reason?

btw, there's an extra K in there.

Well I suppose I shouldn't say.

Caius
04-02-2007, 23:18
Because he is the mafioso behind you, GH

GeneralHankerchief
04-03-2007, 01:01
Sasaki - You realize a lack of evidence seriously harms your case against me. :laugh4:

Caius - I think that's six people you've labelled as mafia now.

And to those who question my sudden surge in activity, I have this whole week off so yeah. That would do it.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 01:03
Ok now you're just acting wicked suspicious.

GeneralHankerchief
04-03-2007, 01:03
Ok now you're just acting wicked suspicious.

Again: Reason?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 01:30
You just...the way you phrase things, your choice of words, the things you say. No other word for it but suspicious.

GeneralHankerchief
04-03-2007, 01:38
Surely it's the recklessness of my posting, right? The way I phrase things? Take into account that if I was mafia, I would carefully analyze each word before I posted it to make sure it doesn't sound too overly suspicious.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 01:44
That's wifom. You often use wifom as a defense when mafia.

well, and as town to be fair.

GeneralHankerchief
04-03-2007, 01:49
Oh dear, it looks like I do. I guess you'll just have to lynch me in the first round to make sure.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 01:54
Now that's sarcasm. What is your secret and nefarious motive behind using sarcasm?

Kagemusha
04-03-2007, 02:13
I think we have found our mafia,even before the first kills.Its clear that GH and Sasaki are just killing time here and spamming,while waiting for their first kills.:whip:

CountArach
04-03-2007, 02:50
lmao, this page is awesome.

lol 165 posts in this thread and still night 1.

Xehh II
04-03-2007, 02:53
Is it still night one? That's strange it been like that for a couple of days.

discovery1
04-03-2007, 02:56
I'm pretty busy so I won't post much, probably even less then I normally do. So, will I be lynched?

Kage has got a whip, mighty suspicious that he has a weapon. Never mind that rope with weights at the end in my bag.

CountArach
04-03-2007, 03:07
Is it still night one? That's strange it been like that for a couple of days.

Yes, still night 1.

Killfr3nzy
04-03-2007, 04:35
Wow. Biggest. Night. Ever.

Also, in ten posts CA will be 1337. (If that's how you spell it:dizzy2: )

Kommodus
04-03-2007, 04:59
The results of the first night will be up very soon, guys. Sorry it took so long - most nights will be 24 hours, rather than this double-length one.

Twilightblade
04-03-2007, 05:05
It seems longer than double time

Csargo
04-03-2007, 06:14
The results of the first night will be up very soon, guys. Sorry it took so long - most nights will be 24 hours, rather than this double-length one.

Hmmmmm very late. The mafia must be really lazy for kills to be soooooo late.

Kommodus
04-03-2007, 06:18
Night 1

You can outdistance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you.
-Rwandan proverb

On the eastern outskirts of the town of Gisenyi, where the rutted dirt track meandered pointlessly through an ever-decreasing number of meager and misshapen small-holdings, squatted one dwelling even more meaningless than the rest. Its rain-starved field boasted an indistinct line of graying and wilting maize, whose ears stooped lower by the day. An old dog, its brown coat thrown over its ribs like a second-hand jacket, lay on the stoop by the door, one red-rimmed and jaundiced eye open and unseeing. This was the home of BlackAxe3001.

On days like these, it was said you could cut the air like cheese. It was made thicker yet by the bugs, whirring energetically all around like the self-important officials who buzzed futilely around the government offices of Kigali. Behind the house, past the hole where the owner buried his night-earth and down a well-trod path, lay the banks of a small stream – no more than a ditch filled with sad, stagnant water. Here, the majority of the bugs – Africa’s great levelers, the mosquitoes – began their lives, spawning relentlessly to fulfill some great unknown pre-determination.

On the far side of the stream, at the jungle's edge, was tethered an old black cow. She was a recent addition to the scene, having been placed there only two days before. You could only discern the beast's discomfort at withstanding the incessant onslaught of newly-hatched mosquitoes by observing the constant thrashing of her flanks by her ragged tail. Her tormentors inevitably found her straight from their hatching-ground. Grateful for their first meal, they settled round her relatively unprotected ears and nostrils and drank their fill.

As they finished, they dispersed in an infinite number of directions. A few found the hovel across the stream; even fewer found their way inside past a long-torn hole in the fly-screen. Those that made it were rewarded with the sight and smell of another meal ticket: BlackAxe3001, prone and virtually paralytic as always at this time of the day, partial as he was to the dark malted sweet stout much-beloved by the African working man. His breath rattled through his chest, encountering and bringing with it pockets of phlegm as he slept away the pain.

Through the night the mosquitoes came and found him, and for each meal they took from him, they left something behind, like some macabre tip for the very worst of dinners. The nanites they had acquired from the contaminated stream slowly worked their way into his brain, completely unnoticed by the drowsing man.

The mosquitoes knew not what they did, nor would they have cared if they had. However, by morning, they found that the man's blood no longer ran as they required, and moved on as quickly as they had arrived.

Later that day, a slight angular figure wearing a cowl padded silently through the jungle to where the old cow stood, unhitched her from her post, turned on his heels, and disappeared back through the greenery.

On the opposite side of town, another man woke with a start to find himself drenched in sweat. His eyes darted back and forth in the dark as he strained his ears, trying to listen through the loud whirring and chirping of the various insects and nocturnal animals. A powerful sense of foreboding had roused him from sleep; somehow he knew that something terrible had just happened. Those who survive such horrors as Rwanda had recently experienced tended to develop such instincts.

Slowly and apprehensively, GeneralHankerchief lowered his head back down on the pillow. All was quiet; the sounds of anguished screaming his ears had become so adept at picking up were absent this night.

No sooner had he closed his eyes, when strong hands clamped down on his throat! He thrashed about reflexively, but a wet sponge smelling of something pungent was shoved over his mouth and nose. The dark shapes around him grew even hazy…

Suddenly his eyes were stung by a brilliant white light. He shut them tightly, coughing and spitting out the bitter taste in his mouth. Slowly opening his eyes to let them get accustomed to the light, he realized he was no longer in bed at home. He tried to sit up, but found his arms, legs, and head clamped firmly in place. Before he could cry for help, a voice spoke.

“Good morning, dear General… and how are we feeling today?”

Though the voice sounded genial, there was a curious quality to it, even excepting the bizarre circumstances. In his state of just being roused out of unconsciousness, it took GH a few moments to figure out what it was – the voice was coming from an intercom system.

“I do apologize for the means by which you were brought here, and for what I am sure is your rather uncomfortable position at the moment,” the voice continued. “Please understand it is not our intention to harm you or anyone else. If all goes well, you will be released unharmed very soon; in fact, your condition will be by all accounts vastly improved.”

Unable to move his head, GeneralHankerchief strained with his eyes to see if he could identify the source of the voice. Clearing his throat once more, he spoke.

“So you somehow consider what you’re doing to me a favor?” he asked, chuckling bitterly. “If that’s so, why not just offer it to me peacefully like a normal person?”

There was no response. Instead, GeneralHankerchief heard the sound of a door opening. It was at about this moment that his eyes grew accustomed to the light. He was in what appeared to be an operating room, or perhaps a laboratory. The walls and ceiling were white, and a bright lamp – the source of the light – hung from the ceiling. Shoes clicked against the floor, and a moment later a man was standing over him. Most of the face was obscured by a surgical mask and goggles, but the eyes appeared intelligent and thoughtful. The man wore a white lab coat and latex gloves.

“My dear General,” he said, “all will be explained in time. Alas, time is of the essence and we cannot spare it at this moment.” With that, he produced an eye dropper and a bottle of clear liquid.

“It is said the eyes are a window to the soul,” the ‘surgeon’ said. “Perhaps, but they make an even better window to the brain. You see, most nerves are rather like an unpaved road, so chaotic are the electrical and chemical reactions taking place all along their length. But the optic nerve, on the other hand, is a fascinating thing… rather more like brain tissue than nerve tissue. Anyone looking for a short and clear pathway to the brain need look no further – the answer is staring him, so to speak, straight in the eyes.”

By this time he had drawn some of the clear liquid into the eye dropper and was leaning over GeneralHankerchief. “No… wait…” protested GH, struggling, but it was no use. His eyes, one by one, were forced open by the gloved hand, and a couple drops of liquid were administered to each.

“Very good,” said the man in white. “Yes, very good indeed. Nothing remains now but to wait.” And with that, he left the room, leaving GH in silence.

GeneralHankerchief tried calling for help a couple of times, but he received no response except his own voice echoing against the walls. Of course he didn’t trust his kidnapper in the slightest, but he held out hope that his words may yet be true – perhaps he would be released.

After a few minutes, however, he noticed a slight headache coming on. He noticed with alarm that it was growing worse. What had been in those eye drops? At that moment, the door opened and the man in white strode in.

“Oh dear, this is most unfortunate,” the man said. GeneralHankerchief barely heard him – his ears were beginning to fill with an odd high-pitched whine. “It would appear the… not taking hold… tragic… such high hopes…” It was the last thing GH heard before losing consciousness.

The body of BlackAxe3001 was found in his home by a neighbor in the late morning on the following day. His death was no great surprise to anyone who knew him, and it was attributed to a respiratory illness quickly enough.

However, when GeneralHankerchief’s corpse was found in his bed at home in the early afternoon, there was considerable consternation. The medics who collected the body initially said it looked like a disease, but the General had been in the prime of his life and healthy. What terrible plague could have overtaken him in one night – and could it turn into an epidemic?

Yet neither of these things caused distress like the curious message on display just in front of the only government building in Gisenyi. There it was, in large letters formed from rocks on the ground:

GISENYI UNDER ATTACK.

As the day wore on, more and more people were gathering to look at the message. Puzzled, they pondered its meaning. Who had left it? Was it true, and if so, who – or what – was threatening the town? Perhaps the deaths of GeneralHankerchief and BlackAxe3001 were more than mere coincidence!

The general consternation of the people continued to grow. “It’s the Interahamwe!” wailed an old man. “They’ve come back to finish us off; why were they allowed to come back here?”

At that moment, the town’s mayor, Mr. Rwigema, appeared at the entrance to the building. Desperate for answers, the people fixed their eyes on him, their murmurs dying down to a few scattered whispers.

In a clear voice, Mr. Rwigema addressed the crowd. “It would appear that the mysterious message left here is no hoax or prank,” he said solemnly. “The deaths of our countrymen were certainly intended to look like illness. Yet perhaps their killers have underestimated our intelligence. This is no natural illness we’re dealing with. These deaths – yes, both of them – were done with malicious intent.”

The murmuring in the crowd grew louder. This wasn’t normal for the Interahamwe – they normally used more blunt and brutal tactics; rifle and machete were their bread and butter. Nevertheless, the Interahamwe remained by far the most likely culprits.

The mayor raised his voice. “Our situation is dire,” he said. “The government’s resources are overstretched as it is, and as you know, two deaths are insignificant compared with the violence our country faces each day. Yet we are strong, and we can deal with this threat as we have dealt with others.”

He paused to clear his throat. “If the Interahamwe have indeed come here, then it’s time we gave them a proper welcome!” he shouted. “Tonight, we convene the court of Gacaca. As is tradition, everyone will participate. We will weed out the guilty together!”

Status List

Murdered

BlackAxe3001
GeneralHankerchief

Still Alive

AndresTheCunning
Caius Flaminius
CountArach
Crazed Rabbit
Destroyer of Hope
discovery1
Dutch_guy
greaterkhaan
HughTower
Ichigo
Ignoramus
Kagemusha
Killfr3nzy
Motep
Myrddraal
pevergreen
rdece.jabolko
RoadKill
sapi
Sasaki Kojiro
Seamus Fermanagh
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Stig
Tran
TwilightBlade
Warluster
Warmaster Horus
Xdeathfire
Xehh II

Day one has begun – it is time to cast your votes! Remember, abstain is not allowed, though no lynch is.

Csargo
04-03-2007, 06:26
Vote:Sasaki

And to those who question my sudden surge in activity, I have this whole week off so yeah. That would do it.

OOHHHHH THE MAFIA IRONY...

Edit:How come I'm always the first person to post? Strange..

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 06:27
GH is usually pissed when killed round one.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 06:29

OOHHHHH THE MAFIA IRONY...

I find you quick response HIGHLY suspicious.

Also, lol @ the GH quote.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 06:31
It seems our mafia are acting fairly independently, those kills don't seem to be chosen for the same reasons. This of course proves my innocence without question.

CountArach
04-03-2007, 06:37
I think the GH kill is rather unusual. Surely you wouldn't kill someone who is going to be inactive?

Vote: Roadkill

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 06:41
He said he was going to be active.

Why are you voting Roadkill?

Csargo
04-03-2007, 06:43
I find you quick response HIGHLY suspicious.

Also, lol @ the GH quote.

Yours was a minute after mine or less.... Yeah makes you just as suspicious.

Also BA had a role, but I don't know what.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 06:55
Interesting, why do you say that?

Csargo
04-03-2007, 06:59
Interesting, why do you say that?

Well, if I'm suspicious then you are just as suspicious using your own logic.

Warluster
04-03-2007, 07:09
Fos: Everyone but me

Can't trust anyone these days....

But who do I think is really suspicous? hm...hm...hm...hm...hm...

Still decding...

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 07:09
That part was in just, such tomfoolery can be ignored. Why did you say that about BlackAxe having a role?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 07:12
Fos: Everyone

Still decding...

Does everyone include yourself? Self-FoS'ing is scummy.

CountArach
04-03-2007, 07:20

Misread his post sorry.

Just a prompt for him to post.

Csargo
04-03-2007, 07:56
That part was in just, such tomfoolery can be ignored. Why did you say that about BlackAxe having a role?

Chat.

Andres
04-03-2007, 08:09
It seems our mafia are acting fairly independently, those kills don't seem to be chosen for the same reasons. This of course proves my innocence without question.

And don't say "I knew somebody would notice it" and proceed by prosecuting the one who noticed it...

I don't see why a self-invented (and somewhat weird) argument would prove your innocence.

Csargo
04-03-2007, 08:28

And don't say "I knew somebody would notice it" and proceed by prosecuting the one who noticed it...

I don't see why a self-invented (and somewhat weird) argument would prove your innocence.

You know that's just crazy enough to work.:beam:

Andres
04-03-2007, 08:51
However, instead of simply killing villagers, the mafia will inject them with a special solution containing nanites that will attempt to rewire their brains and place them under the control of the Cosa Nuova. Most of the time, this will result in death. However, there will be a few randomly selected “strong-minded villagers” who will survive the process. Upon being injected, these players will not die but will change their alignment – from then on they will play on the side of the Cosa Nuova, and their victory conditions will become those of the Cosa Nuova.

So, BlackAxe might have been a random kill on the one hand and the attack on GH might have been an attempt to convert him, because the mafia wanted an experienced player on their team.

And Sasaki tries to convince us that he is not capable to chose victim A, because it's a good kill choice and victim B, because it would be a good addition to the mafia team.

Andres
04-03-2007, 08:54
Chat.

So, you knew (or at least assumed) BlackAxe had a role and now he ends up dead...

Were there any other players around in the chat at that time?

pevergreen
04-03-2007, 09:29
FoS: Ichigo

For the chat comment. Puts suspicion on you.

Sigurd
04-03-2007, 10:04
So, BlackAxe might have been a random kill on the one hand and the attack on GH might have been an attempt to convert him, because the mafia wanted an experienced player on their team.
What you say here Andres is so plausible that I believe it is exactly the strategy the mafia has chosen. I think we might see similar kills in the following nights. We should be on the lookout for survivors if they are at all mentioned in the kill descriptions.
In a balanced game I have no doubts about Kommodus having ‘doctors’ that will save targeted players. These players might get lynched because of this.

In earlier games a player that survives an attack is innocent and hence a resource to the town. In this game however a survivor is more likely a Mafioso. It would be in the town’s interest to lynch all survivors.

GH is innocent and will be a great asset to the town if he continues to play. The same goes for BlackAxe.

If we should follow the suggestion of Andres, we could almost assume that one of the Mafiosi has played a few of our games to want GH on their team. Maybe a former mafia buddy? Ichigo and Myrddraal pops to my mind. Also Discovery1 basically announces that he won’t be playing much; a tactic that has resulted in more than one mafia victory. Why announce it?

Vote:Discovery1 for now…

Many new faces in this game. Are some of you formerly known as org fellars by a different name?
AND YEAH, I got a whole week off work… Easter time and finally some time off to play MAFIA!!!

Stig
04-03-2007, 10:08
Vote: Caius

#1. GH got killed, while he went after Caius. We all know it's good to safe GH for later on as he draws about 1 vote per day onto him. A vote which can't go to you.
#2. He labelled all sorts of people as mafia before the start.
#3. He said he has been invisible for a long time, but I believe I checked him in mafia IV or so, to see if he really was gone as he said.
#4. he's really wanted to see the kills.

Andres
04-03-2007, 11:20

#1. GH got killed, while he went after Caius. We all know it's good to safe GH for later on as he draws about 1 vote per day onto him. A vote which can't go to you.
#3. He said he has been invisible for a long time, but I believe I checked him in mafia IV or so, to see if he really was gone as he said.

#1. Nobody would seriously think a random accusation in the pre-game phase would be continued afterwards. It's more likely the mafia wanted to convert GH, not killing him because he went after a mafia buddy in the pre-game phase.
#2. He was just kidding around in the pre-day phase, having fun, I don't see anything suspicious about that. He does it in every game before it starts.
#3. I use invisible mode as well. Ever since Capo or Midgard I think. I used it both as mafia and townie. Even CR uses it, if I'm not mistaken.
#4. Didn't we all want to see the kills so that we could actually start the game? It was being a very, very long night. I was getting impatient as well, since Ichigo's game ended and I was in dire need of an active mafia game.

Stig
04-03-2007, 11:44
About #3. I haven't seen Caius using Invisibility before this game. But then that doesn't matter. imo he's suspicious, let him react to this.

Normally he would now vote for me and scream he isn't mafia, let see what he does. I already took him out as mafia twice before, he's easy to spot.

Andres
04-03-2007, 13:33

My mother always told me that pointing fingers at someone isn't polite :grin:

Ichigo, I'd like to know if there was anybody else (who is participating in this game) present during that particular chat conversation and if so, I want to see the reaction of those people. Also, did you pm somebody concerning your thoughts about BlackAxe?

Vote : Ichigo

Don't worry though, just answer my questions and I'll unvote you.

EDIT:@ Kommodus: is it allowed to post chat logs?

Kommodus
04-03-2007, 14:52

I suppose I'll allow this - as long as it's text and not a screen shot.

GeneralHankerchief
04-03-2007, 16:21
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In two Cosa Nuova games, I have not managed to survive one night. :laugh4:

Now that my innocence has been assured, I do have my suspects, but I'm not going to reveal them for now until later on.

Andres does make a good point in Response #1, but you wonder if he's just detailing his own strategy.

-edit- It's clear by the kill description that the mafia wanted to convert me. You're forgiven - somewhat. I'm still gonna try my best to take you down though.

seireikhaan
04-03-2007, 16:45
What you say here Andres is so plausible that I believe it is exactly the strategy the mafia has chosen. I think we might see similar kills in the following nights. We should be on the lookout for survivors if they are at all mentioned in the kill descriptions.
In a balanced game I have no doubts about Kommodus having ‘doctors’ that will save targeted players. These players might get lynched because of this.

In earlier games a player that survives an attack is innocent and hence a resource to the town. In this game however a survivor is more likely a Mafioso. It would be in the town’s interest to lynch all survivors.

GH is innocent and will be a great asset to the town if he continues to play. The same goes for BlackAxe.

If we should follow the suggestion of Andres, we could almost assume that one of the Mafiosi has played a few of our games to want GH on their team. Maybe a former mafia buddy? Ichigo and Myrddraal pops to my mind. Also Discovery1 basically announces that he won’t be playing much; a tactic that has resulted in more than one mafia victory. Why announce it?

Vote:Discovery1 for now…
d

Many new faces in this game. Are some of you formerly known as org fellars by a different name?
AND YEAH, I got a whole week off work… Easter time and finally some time off to play MAFIA!!!

Thanks for the advice, this is my first mafia game, so I'm still a little new to the whole thing. I liked the reasoning you stated, it seemed solid. However, you seem to know a lot about it, so, by your own reasoning, you're kind of incriminating yourself. However, I don't think any half-smart mafia would do so.
Vote: Myrddraal

Caius
04-03-2007, 19:08
I go to school and when i come back i have to deal with this

1.Or a vote that cant go to you :beam:
2.I was kidding, everyone did that thing too.
3-Liar. I changed to invisible in Midgard/Capo de Tutti Capi
4.Who not?

Vote:abstain

Because if I vote for you, you will came with a OMG OMG OMG!Bandwagon!.

Normally he would now vote for me and scream he isn't mafia, let see what he does. I already took him out as mafia twice before, he's easy to spot.

Easy Lynch huh?

Sure, thats your way to win.
I see your behaivour very suspechous.

Stig
04-03-2007, 19:18
That would be very hard as it is no bandwagon

suspechous
oh yes indeed

Caius
04-03-2007, 19:22
Do you know what a conditional is

I said IF

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 19:26
Vote:Stig

Stig
04-03-2007, 19:35
Do you know what a conditional is

I said IF
It doesn't matter, bandwagoning is something completely different

And any reason Sasaki, or are you just annoying me?
Or will you say that I post more often then in Ichigo's game?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 19:40
Yes stig you are posting far more than usual. It is quite off your usual behavior.

*summons bandwagon*

:bounce:

Csargo
04-03-2007, 20:01
My mother always told me that pointing fingers at someone isn't polite :grin:

Ichigo, I'd like to know if there was anybody else (who is participating in this game) present during that particular chat conversation and if so, I want to see the reaction of those people. Also, did you pm somebody concerning your thoughts about BlackAxe?

Vote : Ichigo

Don't worry though, just answer my questions and I'll unvote you.

Disco. No. I don't have the chatlog, but Disco might. I couldn't copy and paste it from IRC for some reason. One vote isn't something that I'm going to worry about Andres. ~;)

So for telling you something that I learned in the chat, that makes me suspicious?

@CF:You can't abstain it's in the rules.

Yes stig you are posting far more than usual. It is quite off your usual behavior.

*summons bandwagon*

No bandwagon smilie? :sad:

Andres
04-03-2007, 20:36
Disco. No. I don't have the chatlog, but Disco might. I couldn't copy and paste it from IRC for some reason. One vote isn't something that I'm going to worry about Andres. ~;)

Question answered in a satisfying way.

Unvote : Ichigo

I'm not going to vote Disco yet, since he announced he doesn't have much time, but I would like to hear his version of Ichigo's story and, if possible, a copy of the chatlog.

Ichigo, in previous games, you seemed to always keep a copy somewhere of mafia related chats. What exactly happened that you couldn't copy it?

Vote : Xehh II

The game started my friend. Now, you "wondered" why you didn't get a pm. Was that a lousy tactic to draw away suspicion since a mafioso off course would have known the game begun...

Anyway, would you like to give your thoughts on what happened so far yet?

Csargo
04-03-2007, 20:42
Question answered in a satisfying way.

Unvote : Ichigo

I'm not going to vote Disco yet, since he announced he doesn't have much time, but I would like to hear his version of Ichigo's story and, if possible, a copy of the chatlog.

Ichigo, in previous games, you seemed to always keep a copy somewhere of mafia related chats. What exactly happened that you couldn't copy it?

I've never done that:no: If I'm in the chat and I could copy and paste it then yes I would, but I don't know how you copy and paste from IRC. I can't highlight the text and right click copy. Doesn't work.

IIRC Disco sometimes keeps copies of chat conversations I'll have to ask him when he shows up.

Andres
04-03-2007, 20:48
I've never done that:no:

You did in Midgard.

But I'll wait for Disco's version.

Sasaki, why did you vote Stig? Posting more than usual isn't necessarliy scummy, especially after seeing what happened in Ichigo's last game where the town lost because of a serious lack of activity on the town's behalf...

And what about my comments on your behaviour in posts #188 and #190?

Csargo
04-03-2007, 20:52
You did in Midgard.

But I'll wait for Disco's version.

Sasaki, why did you vote Stig? Posting more than usual isn't necessarliy scummy, especially after seeing what happened in Ichigo's last game where the town lost because of a serious lack of activity on the town's behalf...

And what about my comments on your behaviour in posts #188 and #190?

Nope I didn't.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
04-03-2007, 20:54
I can see nothing at current arousing suspicion over any individual person. Henceforth I vote a general no-preference to who is lynched this day.

Vote: Abstain

Csargo
04-03-2007, 20:59
I can see nothing at current arousing suspicion over any individual person. Henceforth I vote a general no-preference to who is lynched this day.

Vote: Abstain

You can't abstain

RoadKill
04-03-2007, 21:04
Vote: Xeh II
Your comment before on how you did not recieve a pm was extrememly scummy, trying to pretend to be inoccent, when obviously you were trying to lie.

Csargo
04-03-2007, 21:12
Vote: Xeh II
Your comment before on how you did not recieve a pm was extrememly scummy, trying to pretend to be inoccent, when obviously you were trying to lie.

It's his first game is it not? How was he to know that he didn't get a PM? So of the more experienced players are abstaining when their not allowed to do so.

You're looking mighty suspicious right now.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
04-03-2007, 21:36
You can't abstainSorry, forgot the rules, oh well, I am an idiot!
Vote: Xehh II

Csargo
04-03-2007, 21:37
Sorry, forgot the rules, oh well, I am an idiot!

Why did you vote him?

Stig
04-03-2007, 21:47
Why did you vote him?
cheapest bandwagon ever?

Csargo
04-03-2007, 21:50
cheapest bandwagon ever?

Seems to be turning out that way.

Andres
04-03-2007, 22:32
Nope I didn't.

And what's this (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1426848&postcount=993)? :inquisitive:

Enough pressure already on Xehh II

Unvote : Xehh II

You should talk to us asap if you still care about this game... If you are a townie, I urge you to pop up and give your views. Lynching a townie is not in the town's interest.

Vote : HughTower

You have been silent my friend. Usually you have some intresting views on the game. So please, talk to us :whip:

We don't want to lose this one because the townies didn't bother to post/vote.

Csargo
04-03-2007, 22:36
And what's this (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1426848&postcount=993)? :inquisitive:

Enough pressure already on Xehh II

Unvote : Xehh II

You should talk to us asap if you still care about this game... If you are a townie, I urge you to pop up and give your views. Lynching a townie is not in the town's interest.

You have been silent my friend. Usually you have some intresting views on the game. So please, talk to us :whip:

Yeah, but I don't keep logs of all the chats we have about mafia. I just posted that because it was happening at the time. I didn't save it then post it later.

Andres
04-03-2007, 22:40
Yeah, but I don't keep logs of all the chats we have about mafia. I just posted that because it was happening at the time. I didn't save it then post it later.

Sounds good enough to me. For now ~;)

@Sasaki: why are you ignoring my comments on your behaviour?

@ the majority of the townies: your silence will make us lose this game :thumbsdown:

HughTower
04-03-2007, 22:54
I think the GH kill is rather unusual. Surely you wouldn't kill someone who is going to be inactive?

Vote: Roadkill

and then...

To which the Count replied,

Misread his post sorry.

Just a prompt for him to post.

Why should he post? What's he done? The kills have just been posted & instead of giving us your thoughts on the nature of the kills, game mechanics & anything else that comes to mind, you rock up, mis-read the the thread & chuck a lazy vote out at a relative newcomer. If you want to make people speak, ask them a question, don't threaten them with a lynch as a first resort (however empty it might be). My question to you then, CountA, is what has Roadkill done to warrant your close attention?

Fos: Everyone but me

Still decding...

Classic Warluster. Odds-on money, you're a WoG round 4.

About #3. I haven't seen Caius using Invisibility before this game. But then that doesn't matter. imo he's suspicious, let him react to this.

You're not really giving him a chance, are you, Stig? You're second-guessing him, & acting as judge & jury with no recourse to appeal. :smash:

Really, what's the poor chap done to deserve your love?

Thanks for the advice, this is my first mafia game, so I'm still a little new to the whole thing. I liked the reasoning you stated, it seemed solid. However, you seem to know a lot about it, so, by your own reasoning, you're kind of incriminating yourself. However, I don't think any half-smart mafia would do so.
Vote: Myrddraal

Fine.... until the point you vote Myrddraal with no reason to do so. Hell, if you like what Sigurd said - & it did make sense - say so, & vote with him.

So why the vote for Myrddraal?

Sorry, forgot the rules, oh well, I am an idiot!

Now I know that this really is a futile quest, but Omanes, what on earth are you hoping to achieve by this vote?

My point, I suppose is this, is that we will achieve nowt by throwing our votes around like confetti. Let's try to pick up the thread of an argument, shake it around & see what falls out, or start a fresh one if you've got a good idea.

I'm going to hold my vote for the moment & see what comes out this post (if anything).

[Lecture over]

So, it does seem a reasonable assumption, as already argued, that GH was targeted more in the hope of converting, rather than, killing him. Quite how that assumption helps us at the mo' is yet be discovered.

HughTower
04-03-2007, 22:57

Great minds think alike - I was composing my post as you were trying to wake me up.:Zzzz:

Caius
04-03-2007, 23:09
My apologies, I didnt read the rules
Vote:Omanes

Explain why you voted.

Csargo
04-03-2007, 23:10
Great minds think alike - I was composing my post as you were trying to wake me up.:Zzzz:

Sleepy sleepy sleepy.

Unvote:Sasaki

I fully agree with Hugh there's too much voting without reasoning. At this point were not sure how many pro-town roles there were so a random lynch isn't in the towns best interest.

I'm inclined to vote Omanes for his bandwagon, but I'll wait and see if he gives any explanation.

discovery1
04-03-2007, 23:14
Man, what are you doing draging me into this?

Yes, blackaxe said he had a role, although I find that suspicous. Why would he tell us that?

Oh, and Vote: Ichigo for getting me in trouble.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 23:15
unvote No stig wagon? ~:(

@Andres: I thought the wording of the comment adequetly conveyed the tomfoolery that was essential to my intended message.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 23:17
Man, what are you doing draging me into this?

Yes, blackaxe said he had a role, although I find that suspicous. Why would he tell us that?

Oh, and Vote: Ichigo for getting me in trouble.

There are pro-town roles. I doubt mafia would claim to have a role.

I don't see why you people are fishing for his role.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 23:18
Vote:Warluster

Everyone https://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5050/emotbandwagonqr2.gif

Caius
04-03-2007, 23:28
Unvote:Omanes
2 try of bandwagon.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 23:29
bandwagons are good.

Caius
04-03-2007, 23:33
Everyone Ignore Sasaki

HughTower
04-03-2007, 23:35
bandwagons are good.

You're setting a bad example. :whip:

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 23:38
Everyone Ignore Sasaki

I refuse.

You're setting a bad example.

No I'm not. I've said it before, you're never going to lynch a mafioso with 2 votes. I'd like bunches of bandwagons please. Gives us something to analyze.

Caius
04-03-2007, 23:39
As far as i understand, the mafiosos are not newbies, they know well what are they doing, and Sasaki is an example.

HughTower
04-03-2007, 23:42
I've said it before, you're never going to lynch a mafioso with 2 votes.

Yes you have, & I agree.

I'd like bunches of bandwagons please. Gives us something to analyze.

Not sure what you mean by 'bunches'. Do you mean lots? Or groups of?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 23:42
As far as i understand, the mafiosos are not newbies, they know well what are they doing, and Sasaki is an example.

Why do you think the mafiosos are not newbies? That's quite scummy, I don't see how anyone but a mafioso would have any idea about that.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-03-2007, 23:44
Yes you have, & I agree.

Not sure what you mean by 'bunches'. Do you mean lots? Or groups of?

Lots!

HughTower
04-03-2007, 23:50
Lots!

Fine. I'll hop aboard the Merry Ship Warluster with you.

As I hinted earlier, the man has a less than healthy acquaintance with the fence, & he needs to get off it.

Vote: Warluster

Tell us then, what do you think, who are your suspects, & what's your favourite mollusc?

Caius
04-03-2007, 23:51
As far as I know, you Sasaki are not starter of bandwagons.

Why the sudden change??

Stig
04-03-2007, 23:56
As far as I know, you Sasaki are not starter of bandwagons.

Why the sudden change??
doing it on the first round out of fun as hardly anyone is posting?

GeneralHankerchief
04-04-2007, 00:15
Sasaki starts a ton of bandwagons. Most people just don't follow him unless he posts some convincing evidence to go along with it.

Warluster, however, is IMHO a good lynch. So far, it looks like his three outcomes are:

1) As Hugh mentioned, WoG bait. Therefore, no big loss if lynched (although I would like to see his humiliation).
2) Unhelpful townie. No big loss.
3) Mafia. No big loss.

Caius, you're acting weird. But that's usual for you. Please try to be more of a help.

I'm waiting for other people's input.

RoadKill
04-04-2007, 00:19
GH why is lynching a mafia no big loss? If we got a mafia lynched on the first turn? Scummy noo?
EDIT : Compltly ignore what i just said GH is dead. LMFAO

pevergreen
04-04-2007, 00:22
GH why is lynching a mafia no big loss? If we got a mafia lynched on the first turn? Scummy noo?

WTF?

Lynching mafia is a gain. or "no big loss".

GH is dead. He is proven innocent, it is not scummy, but that is.

But you have acted like this in every game you have played. Expect to be lynched some time. I doubt you will be killed because you will draw votes.

Vote: Warluster

I am going to see a trashy band play on a ute...close to a wagon.

discovery1
04-04-2007, 00:43
Vote:Warluster

Everyone https://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5050/emotbandwagonqr2.gif

I LOVE THAT SMILIE!

Unvote Ichigo

Vote Warluster

RoadKill
04-04-2007, 01:11
@ Pevergreen
See, told you I suck at mafia games lmfao, I always draw votes to myself

Xehh II
04-04-2007, 01:23
Vote: Sasaki...er...whatever his last name is.

BlackAxe3001
04-04-2007, 01:32
Yeah yeah, I had a role. I can't believe I died via mosquito injected nanites... very creative though. :yes: So, which of you mafia has a grudge against me to take me out the first round? :inquisitive:

Sasaki Kojiro
04-04-2007, 01:36
Vote: Sasaki...er...whatever his last name is.

And why is this Mr. Two?