PDA

View Full Version : Battles of Asia v2.0 Released !!

Intranetusa
03-31-2007, 00:52
https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x103/ALG_020/aze-1.jpg

Hello Guys, I'm proud to announce you the release of the mod Battles of Asia v2.0 for Rome - Total War 1.5.

DOWNLOAD THREAD (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91723)

Content of the mod since the beginning:
- New factions : 7 Japanese Clan : Mori, Imagawa, Shimazu, Oda, Takeda, Uesugi, Hojo. And The Ming Dynasty (Chinese) and the Altan Khan Empire (Mongols)
- New models
- New units
- New factions icons
- New AI
- New menu, background, loadings screens
- New grass
- New skies
- New buildings for Chinese and Japanese factions (replacing the Greeks buildings and the Barbarian buildings in the settlements culture choice)
- New music
- New citations
- New vegetations
- New trees
- New animations
- New interface
- New maps for custom battles

Only the Custom battles are available, there is no campaign.

Thankyou list :
- Great thanks to the EB team for his awesome skies
- Great thanks to Prometheus for his new grass
- Great thanks to Hoggy for his "asiatic" buildings and his models
- Great thanks to Wlesmana for his animations
- Great thanks to Diviciaco, for his great work
- Great thanks to all the BoA team, and all BoA testers
- Great thanks to all the RTW player who helped us, in anyway

high_templar
04-03-2007, 20:00
Hello,

Here is the general progression of the BoA project:

User Interface 40 %
Models and textures 90 %

In which:

Seven Japanese clans :

Hojo 90 %
Shimazu 90 %
Oda 90 %
Takeda 100 %
Imagawa 90 %
Mori 90 %
Uesugi 85 %

The Ming Dynasty 100 %

The Altan-Khan Empire 100 %

Standard-bearers 20 %
Sprites 30 %

Coding 35 %

Overall 60 %

Aproximative release date : in september.

Cheers! :yes:

Intranetusa
04-06-2007, 00:56
awesome. Feel free to consult wikipedia on any historical aspects, lol. :)

Intranetusa
04-11-2007, 03:46
The red horse hair tassle at the end of the swords are only used in martial arts swords. Millitary swords do not have the red tassle at the end.
Same applies to millitary spears.

Also, by the mid 1500s, the standard fighting force of the Japanese clans were peasant millitas equipped with gunpowder weapons & cannons.

Nelduin
04-16-2007, 15:39
The red horse hair tassle at the end of the swords are only used in martial arts swords. Millitary swords do not have the red tassle at the end.
Same applies to millitary spears.

Also, by the mid 1500s, the standard fighting force of the Japanese clans were peasant millitas equipped with gunpowder weapons & cannons.

For reason of well-balanced, we can't incorpore guns in our mod, but this question will be studied in next versions...

Nelduin
04-16-2007, 16:12
User Interface 40 %
Models and textures 90 %

Hojo (100 %)
Shimazu (100 %)
Oda (100 %)
Takeda (100 %)
Imagawa (100 %)
Mori (100 %)
Uesugi (100 %)

Chinese (100 %)
Mongols (100 %)

Banners : 35 %
Sprites : 30 %

Enjoy!

Intranetusa
04-19-2007, 21:04
awesome.

Nelduin
06-10-2007, 12:46
Soon I will have news screens for you...and maybe a trailer !:2thumbsup:

Intranetusa
06-10-2007, 19:02
cool

Nelduin
06-20-2007, 15:58
The Beta Phase begin tommorow !! I will post a big preview next days !

Nelduin
06-30-2007, 16:53
Updated !

NagatsukaShumi
07-01-2007, 17:48
Make it the 15th and we cna consider it a birthday present for me :laugh4:

Nelduin
07-01-2007, 17:57
If you can speak frensh and have Skype, you can be a tester...

Intranetusa
07-06-2007, 04:28
So is this game going to be balanced with all the Japanese factions, the Chinese and Mongol faction being equally powerful? Or is it going to be like RTW vanilla was several powerful factions? (ie Romans and Seleucid)

Nelduin
07-06-2007, 11:56
Each faction have his specificities, but every factions will be playable, and it will be possible for each faction to won...

Intranetusa
07-08-2007, 17:10
What are the significant differences between the samurai factions?

Nelduin
07-08-2007, 18:18
For example, the Takeda Clan has rider more powerful than the other factions (it's historic)...
The Uesugi Clan is a clan with very good archers...
The Oda Clan has samurais with a better moral than others samurais
The Shimazu Clan has weapon more powerfuls
The Imagawa Clan has better ninjas, and better katana
The Mori Clan has the very goods Sohei Monks
The Hojo Clan has better armor

All this difference are historic, and it offer an very good gameplay, because for won a battle, you must use the strong points of your army...

PS : Have you received my PM, Intranetusa ?

Tomisama
07-15-2007, 22:50
For reason of well-balanced, we can't incorpore guns in our mod, but this question will be studied in next versions...
I could hardly believe this when I read it.

No guns?

You can not have 16th century Japanese warfare without firearms, it is inconceivable.

If I am correct, during those years the Japanese had more guns per capita, than any other nation in the world.

As far as balance being an issue, if all factions have them, how can there be an imbalance?

I’m sorry, but I believe this to be a major issue of historical inaccuracy, that can not be brushed away with a few words.

I am very disappointed.

Am I wrong?

Tomisama
07-16-2007, 03:58
In reading the above later, it sounds kind of ranty, and one could possibly think that I do not appreciate all of the hard work and dedication that these mods require, and that is not true.

I guess my up-set comes mainly from knowing that mods only survive in direct proportion to the players that they draw. And that if there is anything that might keep the modification from being accepted, that it will probably die an early death.

My guess is that the old Shogunites and later VI Samurai Warlord mod players, who might have provided the mod a core group of players, will not find the lack of firearms acceptable.

:shame:

TosaInu
07-16-2007, 11:08
Hello Tomisama,

Firearms also arrived pretty late in Japan. The first Portugese arquebus (the one that was first copied then vastly improved and became popular) arrived in the 4th decade of the 16th century. Then it took a while of course to become an important aspect.

Is there a demo already Alexandre le Grrrand?

There's NTW, so guns are not impossible (?), but wouldn't M2TW be a better platform for pyrotechnics?

Nelduin
07-16-2007, 11:24
In fact, I would be really happy to add guns in the mod. Really, it's historical...

But (still) we need other people. For making guns and guns effect, we don't have anybody...
For the campaign, we have a mapper, it's all... :inquisitive:
We will see, if after the first release, people will want to help us, it's possible, but for the moment, we can't add guns, and campaign... :embarassed:

Edit : For M2TW, this game is no realistic for fight, it's no war, it's cinema.

TosaInu
07-16-2007, 12:09
Hello Alexandre le Grrrand,

I think the other Asian countries make more of a problem, they were more into all sorts of bombs and rockets.

If your goal is to get some historic feeling, I'ld suggest to do it step by step, so you won't 'violate' authenticity. You have problems to make guns? Shift/limit the scope a bit so there should not be guns, you wouldn't find many/any gun in 1540 Japan. Then expand in the next version when you can make guns (it's not impossible to do in RTW, have a chat with the Lordz about the NTW mod and how they did it? Maybe you can 'license'?).

In fact, I would be really happy to add guns in the mod. Really, it's historical...

But (still) we need other people. For making guns and guns effect, we don't have anybody...
For the campaign, we have a mapper, it's all... :inquisitive:
We will see, if after the first release, people will want to help us, it's possible, but for the moment, we can't add guns, and campaign... :embarassed:

Edit : For M2TW, this game is no realistic for fight, it's no war, it's cinema.

Tomisama
07-17-2007, 12:39
If your goal is to get some historic feeling, I'ld suggest to do it step by step, so you won't 'violate' authenticity. You have problems to make guns? Shift/limit the scope a bit so there should not be guns, you wouldn't find many/any gun in 1540 Japan. Then expand in the next version when you can make guns (it's not impossible to do in RTW, have a chat with the Lordz about the NTW mod and how they did it? Maybe you can 'license'?).

There was a preliminary to the Sengoku Jidai known as the Onin War, or Onin no Ran (1467 to 1477).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Cnin_War

But with specific time periods comes other limitations that might put too much of a burden on game development (clans involved for example). Keeping things general to the century, is probably more realistic. Especially with the scope intended to eventually be covered by the BoA. So just adding teppo units is probably the most pragmatic way to go.

With the Lordz help, resolution may not be that far away :beam:

Intranetusa
07-20-2007, 19:41
I could hardly believe this when I read it.

No guns?

You can not have 16th century Japanese warfare without firearms, it is inconceivable.

If I am correct, during those years the Japanese had more guns per capita, than any other nation in the world.

Actually, you're incorrect. During the Imijin War of the 16th century, the Japanese didn't have a lot of firearms nor cannons, which is one of the main reasons why they lost with superior numbers. (Korea and China had battalions of soldiers equipped with firearms) However, you are correct that firearms were still very important to Japanese/East Asian warfare in the 16th century.

Tomisama
07-21-2007, 04:17
I guess we all have our own experts to listen to :wink:

Europeans brought guns to Japan in the middle of the Warring States Period. Guns quickly were adopted by many of the feudal lords and by religious groups who were in conflict. It was reported by one of the Christian missionaries of the period that after ten years time, that is in 1553, there were more than one hundred thousand guns in Japan. Perhaps, by 1600, the year of the battle of Sekigahara which ended the Warring Period, Japan was the biggest gun country in the world. About three hundred thousand guns were supposed be there at that time. The guns used in this period were matchlocks, the so-called Tanegashima, after the name of the small island off the southern tip of Kyushu where guns first were introduced to Japan.
http://www.japaneseweapons.net/

Edit: The truth about why the Japanese failed in Korea is probably best explained here.

http://www.samurai-archives.com/mth.html

:bow:

Nelduin
12-14-2007, 15:38
Updated Thread ! New plans for future

Cangrande
12-15-2007, 16:46
...and?

Nelduin
12-15-2007, 17:31
I'm waiting new from high_templar, for the new links...