PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Creation In 3DS Max

Leonidas The Lion
04-01-2007, 16:37
I posted this tutorial in TWC While ago so I thought I should post it here.

First of all you need to have a base model from which to work with. I prefer thew barbarian peasant model because it is really simple to work with.
After you import use the select tool in max to select the symmetrical half of the model and delete it DO NOT DELETE THE SKIRT! it is not symmetrical.
Once you have deleted the symmetrical half select the and right click on the model go down to where it convert then editable poly. Then hit 5 on your keyboard to select the object option and click on the skirt. It will select it and the torso. Hit 4 to get the polygon select option hold alt on the key board and drag a box to deselect the torso, you should now have only the skirt selected.
On the side scroll down to the detach option and hit then click ok this will turn the skirt into a separate element. Drag a box around the model until you have the half body selected accept for the skirt. You have selected the leg,torso,head and arm. Go to edit then clone and click ok next right click on the scale box at the top and at the x line put a minus sign in front of the number in the box.
This should create the the other half of the model.

MAKING THE HELMET
First hit 5 on your keyboard to get the object select too and select one part of his hair and delete it, the the other.
Now you should have a plain model.
Turn on wire frame on shade select one half of the model then hit 4 on the keyboard to get the polygon select tool and on on the side of the head select the areas where you want the helmet to cover. The tur4n on angle snaps by pressing A on the keyboard the by using the scale button and the move button create the helmet of your choice(use a reference). I cannot show you experiment by yourself and you will get it right in the end.

post any questions.
comments good or bad will be appreciated as well as rep.
This tutorial was written by Leonidas The Lion
Have Fun:2thumbsup: , BTW i might release another tutorial on the creation of other equipment maybe.

Haedarmkm
02-28-2008, 21:28
I think you have large strength on 3d-modeling please can you post a tutorial for creating unit by using a peasant and re-modeling him and give him shield weapon with ((picture)) please I have weak skills on 3d modeling

thank you