PDA

View Full Version : EB2: Multi Stack Armies

Xtiaan72
04-03-2007, 23:37
This info posted by Caliban at TWC on new MTW:Kingdoms feature:

The Control multiple armies feature is extremely cool. This lets you send orders to the generals of the reinforcement armies to carry out commands. You can select the armies via the 'army tabs'. I was watching Palamedes control 6 reinforcement armies in a siege battle last week! Very cool stuff.

This sounds really promising for EB2. I wonder what the troop limits are going to be? It's one of those things, The enhanced MTW2 graphics will probably hold back the amount of units on screen. Too bad. This feature would probably work better in the Rome engine. Still potential for campaign strategy and truly epic battles.

Roman_Man#3
04-03-2007, 23:39
That would be a very good feature, especially for some Romans where the two consular armies would meet to fight an extremely important battle, like Cannae? But that is for M2TW kingdoms, and I am not sure if EB2 is going to be built on it. Never know though.

RM3:wizard:

Boyar Son
04-04-2007, 00:44
Ah I get it...(hard time figuring out what they meant)

Too bad EB2 is far away...

hellenes
04-04-2007, 02:46
This info posted by Caliban at TWC on new MTW:Kingdoms feature:

This sounds really promising for EB2. I wonder what the troop limits are going to be? It's one of those things, The enhanced MTW2 graphics will probably hold back the amount of units on screen. Too bad. This feature would probably work better in the Rome engine. Still potential for campaign strategy and truly epic battles.

A couple of 8800GTX in SLI will make sure that 24 armies of 8 factions in custom battle will field 150,000 men...
:dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:
Holy mother of christ.....

Yun Dog
04-04-2007, 03:15
Yeah but will the AI make use of it

Im disappointed by the rarity of combined allied armies battles in M2TW,

its mainly due to the new strat map

but I could swear I fight way more multistack reinforcement battles in EB than I ever did in M2TW

Xtiaan72
04-04-2007, 04:01
but I could swear I fight way more multistack reinforcement battles in EB than I ever did in M2TW

I agree it's a shame because huge armies are more suited to the Roman time frame.

Also if a Rome MTW2 mod wanted to make use of that feature they would have to hold off till the fall....and then start making it ( correct me if I'm wrong). So we are talking a long wait. But that is worth waiting for. Fielding a legion that actually had 5000 soldiers. Awesome.

Al-Masri
04-04-2007, 04:14
And don't forget recruiting multiple units during one turn. That alone could change the campaign map battles for the better.

antisocialmunky
04-04-2007, 14:43
MTW2 has so many good features. One of my favorites is the whole 'permanant fort' feature. EB could use them to represent smaller but important cities.

Rilder
04-04-2007, 17:07
Yeah but will the AI make use of it

Umm... doesn't the ai already make use of it? :inquisitive:

Boyar Son
04-04-2007, 17:18
MTW2 has so many good features. One of my favorites is the whole 'permanant fort' feature. EB could use them to represent smaller but important cities.

Now that would be a good idea, but sadly they wont count as territory and I dont think they can be named (can they?)

L.C.Cinna
04-04-2007, 18:46
Now that would be a good idea, but sadly they wont count as territory and I dont think they can be named (can they?)

I guess not but the question is what you can do with them. It looks like you'll be able to upgrad them in one way or another as far as I've seen in the screens if I interpreted it correctly. Would be great to build some permanent fortresses in some areas which can later be upgraded to stonewalls or something like that *dreams of his own limes* :yes:

Boyar Son
04-04-2007, 19:15
:laugh4:
*dreams of his own limes* :yes:

Bring an idea from the future? lol

Rilder
04-04-2007, 22:32
*Immagines the romans building a wall of these permenent forts in Caledonia.*

antisocialmunky
04-05-2007, 00:31
I was thinking if they still have temp fort, those would be the only ones that chars are allowed to build. Perm-forts would be pre-placed at the start of the game to represent all those cities that people complain about like Argos and what-not.

However, its really too early to say what can be modded.

Xtiaan72
04-05-2007, 01:20
I'm wondering if the reenforcing general could get experience too. Scouting cavalry detachments would be more relavent too