PDA

View Full Version : Warhorns modded

Mordecai
04-04-2007, 02:50
http://files.filefront.com/EB_War_horn_mod_Version_3ace/;7260407;/fileinfo.html

Here is a small war horn mod I adjusted for EB. Please make sure that you back up your descr_sounds_units_anims.txt file before you install.

Instructions:
1. Download EB.ace from above link.
2. Back up your descr_sounds_units_anims.txt file found in your EB/data/ folder.
3. Extract EB.ace to your Rome-Total war folder that also has your EB game in it.
4. You will be prompted to overwrite your files, say yes to all.
5. Enjoy!!!

I have taken Northhammer's Warcry mod originally created for SPQR and adjusted it so that there are no more horns with movie sounds or voices in it. So all thanks go to him for creating this. I have also added some more authentic sounding warhorns for the Barbarians, Carthage, and the Eastern Factions. If you don't like it than you can just take your original descr_sounds_units_anims.txt file and plug it back into your EB/data folder.
EDIT # 2 - O.K. I finally got it to work.
EDIT # 3 - Version 3 has been released. The sound files have been standardized to the Voice mod files.

Mordecai
04-04-2007, 05:12
OK I finally got it to work. For some reason after I uploaded then downloaded and checked to see if it worked in game it would not. I played the files first through Windows media player then it worked out all right:2thumbsup:

Moros
04-04-2007, 20:18
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
:egypt:

Swebozbozboz
04-05-2007, 23:38
:beam: very cool!

The Celtic Viking
04-14-2007, 19:02
I'm not getting this to work. I've followed your instructions, but when the lines are about to clash, the game freezes. No message, no nothing, just a freeze, and I have to restart the computer to start EB (or RTW BI [I haven't tested plain RTW] in general) again, because each time I try, it just becomes an unstoppable ghost process (that's what it's called, right?).

I've got "Watchman's take on units" EDU, Force Diplomacy Mod and City Mod installed, and I play EB on BI. Any idea why it doesn't work for me, and if (and if so, how) I can fix it? Thanks.

Mordecai
04-16-2007, 15:50
I am unsure as to why this happens to some computers. There were similar occurances with Warhammers mod for SPQR on some computers. I have had hard crashes before also because of sound mods and I thought that I had made the sound files small enough to play on most computers but I guess not. :wall:

But could you tell me which Factions were fighting before the game froze?
This had happened to me when I first released the mod for the Eastern faction horn, but thought I squashed it by making the file smaller. I can try to make the files smaller even more but that might effect sound quality.
Sorry for the late reply.

The Celtic Viking
04-16-2007, 16:15
The first time was with Sweboz (me) against the Makedonians. I've also tried against the romans, the arverni and aedui, all against Sweboz, with the same result. Never tried it without them, though.

Mordecai
04-16-2007, 17:00
That's too bad because that carnyx sounds good.:2thumbsup: I'm at work right now but I will try something when I get home and will post the file later. I don't think I made that horn smaller in terms of size, I just made it work for me.

Mordecai
04-17-2007, 02:50
All right I have finished version 3. I made sure that the War horn files are the same format as all the other voice mod files. It should work now. If not then I will try something else.:2thumbsup:

The Celtic Viking
04-18-2007, 10:01
It works now, and it sounds great. Thanks! :2thumbsup: