PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of Time Total War

CrownOfSwords
04-05-2007, 20:34
I was really sad to see the WOT mod for RTW die, but I know it was near impossible for Myd to do all by himself. So im asking is there ANYONE out there that would want to do it for MTW2 ive thought about it a lot and figured it would be much easier than doing it for MTW2 due to the similiarity of many of the units and nations. Many units could simply be renamed and retextured to fit units from Wot. But as anyone who has read the book knows this setting is too awesome to not base a mod after. I would be willing to offer my help with descriptions anything knowledge based. I also have a scanner now and could do concept work for all the units. And im sure Myd. would be willing to give over his current work from RTW. PLEASE we cannot let this go unmade! ~:cheers:

Lord Winter
04-06-2007, 06:30
I'm willing to help in anyway I can. Saddly however I'm not much of an artist and do not have MTW2. So it will proably be minamal.

CrownOfSwords
04-07-2007, 00:54
sad theres no interest in this... i think everyone needs to go out and buy Eye of the World the first book of the series then decide lol

Pharnakes
05-15-2007, 17:17
I would be more than delighted to help this mod in anyway I can. I have nil experince modding M2 but I don't think its that diffrent from rome.

For Rome I can do stats (unit and building), scripting and cartography and as I am begining to experiment with M2 I should soon be able to do the same in M2.

Realy hope this goes through and dosen't die like the other two.

P.S. is Myrdraal still around?

JR-
05-23-2007, 08:45
i cannot think of a setting more suitable for a M2:TW mod than Wheel of Time. i would love to see a WoT mod.

Pharnakes
05-28-2007, 20:41
Any modding skills?

CrownOfSwords
07-03-2007, 21:30
Is there really no interest in this?? The Wheel of Time world would be the perfect mod for MTW 2, such clashes of culture. Many of the factions already share similiarities as well. I have no modding skills, but I can do artwork and concepts for units.

Ive been thinking about making this mod a lot and I just can't see not making it for MTW2. Many units are already there for the factions.

All the pikemen units can be based off the unit already in the game, the only addition would be proper insignia for each faction. The pavise crossbow units are there. Aiel units could be made easy by using the basic spear units for the arabs and just adding viels and adjusting stats. Almost all the human units could be made from what we already have most often only changing helmets due to the different style of helmets in WOT. But we even have the defenders of the stone-> conquistadors. The pope could be scripted into being the White tower. We coudl even have Aes Sedai units with variations of shooting flaming catapult missiles or even organ gun missiles.

But here are my thoughts on the factions convertability

Spain -> Tear
Milan -> Illian
Venice -> Altara
Sicily -> Amadicia
England -> Andor
France -> Cairhien
Holy Roman Empire -> Shienar
Papal States -> Tar Valon
Portugal -> Tarabon
Scotland -> Kandor
Denmark -> Arafel