PDA

View Full Version : Pro Patria, over troubled waters...

Oleander Ardens
04-06-2007, 14:56
You have the task to transform the military of a small country in Eastern Europe, a new EU and NATO member from soviet doctrine and equipment into a NATO force suited both for high-intensity and low-intensity warfare. In both cases you will fight alongside allies, in the strongest military alliance the world has seen, with over 800 million citizens.

Even if your forces can rely on NATO resources it should be able to operate and to survive independently against a reasonable strong thread. It should have the ability to control your airspace and able to defeat aerial threads and carry some punch to strike ground and sea targets. The army should be a capable heavy mechanized force with some light elements capable to operate in the most difficult terrain. Strong integrated indirect fire support is a must. Remember that you may be required to both fight a strong conventional forces as well as insurgents in distant lands. So choose well, because war may be at hand…

Threads with the tag “Pro Patria” will discuss the details of equipment and tactics while this thread will hold them together and sum up. So please focus here on the overall strategy of your military.

Thus our Rules are:

1) We discuss various aspects in subthreads in the monastery

2) We try to keep this thread focused on the grand strategy and the specifically the military strategy

3) We try to build up consensus, but in the end the majority will decide. I may interfere as your adviser if a policy might undermine your political power at home.

4) We try to keep it as realistic as possible, but also try to keep the real political world out of it.

5) If you have questions pm me, I will update the first post, making a sort of FAQ..

It will begin soon.

Cheers
OA

DemonArchangel
04-09-2007, 23:26
Ok, Oleander, I've been thinking about this for a while. But could you please give us some more data (i.e: Budget, population, better details on geography etc.?)

This seems interesting, but unless I know what I have to work with, I'm afraid I can't give you anything.

Csargo
04-10-2007, 02:25
I'm interested but like DA said we need a lot more information.