PDA

View Full Version : Aar??

Chaotix
04-07-2007, 02:26
wow. sorry for posting such a noobish thread, but I am confused as to what an AAR is. could someone explain it... maybe... a little?

Rilder
04-07-2007, 02:31
An aar (short for after action report) is basicly a player telling a story about his campaign hes had in a game, hes playing it and then reporting what he did and what happened to the general public... alot of aars here like to add it that role-playing aspect so its like your reading a story from say the king of that faction.

CountArach
04-07-2007, 02:31
AAR stands for After Action Report. It is essentially a story of a battle or a campaign. Just read one of the threads around here (Like mine :wink: ), and that should clear it up.

EDIT: Damn you Rilder! Oh and thanks for having my AAR in your sig. :2thumbsup:

CaesarAugustus
04-07-2007, 02:34
Rilder, you left out "The World According to the Koinon"! That's definently a must-read!

Chaotix
04-07-2007, 02:38
Ah. thanks, all of you. if i can ask another question, why in some of these AARs is the lower left map completely full (the Koinon and Romani Pavo AARs specifically)?

CountArach
04-07-2007, 02:40
Do you mean how can they see the whole world map? To do this you open the console (The key to the left of 1), then type toggle_fow. Press enter. You can now see the whole map. To turn it off, do the same thing.

Chaotix
04-07-2007, 02:46
Ah. Thanks again, people who are infinitely more experienced than I

Rilder
04-07-2007, 07:06
Rilder, you left out "The World According to the Koinon"! That's definently a must-read!

Its a good AAR but AAR's pics tend to turn into red x's after awhile and I could never get pics to show up when I read it.

Np CA. :2thumbsup: