PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for castle sieges in Crusaders

KumaRatta Yamamoto
10-14-2001, 19:21
In crusaders, i think castle battles should play a bigger role. Any ideas, things to add or change compared with the Shogun castle battles/siege?

Here are some ideas, already posted in other threads, in other forums:

-From "KingOfTerrror":We have to make castle battles more realistic,involving fire arrows,trenches,moats and blocked entrances.Also we have to have losses occurring amongst the investing army too,as armies surrounding a bastion also suffered losses from disease.This would involve about 5% of the investing force dying from disease,and would mean sitting out a siege might cost you hundreds of men,thereby making assaults more enticing.
My final points in relation to sieges involve the issue of allowing unlimited munition for missile troops,as a castle would`ve held huge amounts of arrows and musket balls.Also you should be able to fire from a castle in the rain with muskets without a slower reload rate,as they`d be under some cover.

Anssi Hakkinen
10-14-2001, 19:52
Methinks we need castle gates. Along with battering rams and possibly siege engines to break them down.

Of course it would be nice to have actual walls people can climb on, arrow slits etc., but it might require changing the engine too much. It all depends on how much work the developers want to do on this.

------------------
"One cannot accomplish things simply with cleverness. One must take a broad view. It will not do to make rash judgments concerning good and evil. However, one should not be sluggish. It is said that one is not truly a samurai if he does not make his decisions quickly and break right through to completion".
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

solypsist
10-14-2001, 23:55
hmmm.....
the current engine graphics for anything but soldiers isn't the best right now. I'm thinking of how a battering ram would look in the same flat style of the STW houses and boats.
plus, would they count as a seperate entity? a battering ram would just be one of the maximum sixteen units allowed for the battlefield.

theforce
10-15-2001, 01:23
I am sure that they shall make a new engine and if it will not be a new one it will be very tweaked.
I liked the ideas of making the sieges more coplicated and stuff like that. I am sure that the guys are having things worked out. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.fateback.com