PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on extended diplo-military options

Baybars' Nemesis
10-27-2001, 22:39
I wish these features were in Shogun, but maybe they'll be in Crusader:
1) it should be possible to request that an AI ally allows your army to pass through his lands, in order to attack someone else. It would be unfair to attack said ally en route, but perhaps he might be tempted to attack the player's army at times?
2) AI allies should be able to request military support from the player, and vice versa, perhaps in a specific province at a specific time in the future - if the player doesn't or cannot meet the request then the AI could be a bit less likely to respond to similar requests in future.

Also, on another matter, somebody please reassure me - the Mongols WILL be in Crusader too, won't they? After all, they invaded the Near East as well.
Finally how about this second expansion of Shogun? - OK it won't happen probably, but no harm suggesting it. Now we've got the Mongol invasion of Japan, with Korean units, what about reciprocating with the Japanese invasion of Korea. It occurred during the period of the original STW, so much of what is needed is already in place.

Well, just some thoughts.

Whitey
10-28-2001, 00:58
te diplomatic system will need to be redone, thats true - with a much more advanced system, however how they decide they want it is anybody's guess - its unlikely they'll rival the EU system/AI in my eyes

PSYCHO
10-30-2001, 10:49
Whitey, couldn't agree more with you. You've hit the nail on the head. The future Total War titles will already have the great tactical battles as a legacy of STW, they'll need however, to URGENTLY re-address the diplomatic aspect.
I've often commented how great STW would be with the diplomacy / AI of EU.
Good to know I'm not the only one p*ssing in the wind http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
PSYCHO HOJO / PSYCHO SO

A Nerd
11-04-2001, 11:32
I like your diplomacy suggestions...they would make the game such fun! Kidnap and randsome of heirs would be fun too!