PDA

View Full Version : Problems with playing campaigns

Sigma
04-08-2007, 00:58
Age of Exploation works perfectly fine for me yet when I try to play The Age of Exploration or The Sun Kings Ambition my game crashes to desktop after about 4 turns, I have the latest version and the patch installed, it confuses me on what is wrong, has this happened to anyone before?

ElectricEel
04-08-2007, 11:14
You're writing that Age of Exploration both works perfectly fine, and crashes to desktop after 4 turns. Which is it?

Sigma
04-08-2007, 14:27
sorry I ment it crashes when trying to play Religious Turmoil and The Sun Kings Ambition...

cegorach
04-10-2007, 10:33
It makes no sense to me. Which factions do you play in those campaigns - it matters not, but any details might help in solving this puzzle.:inquisitive:

Sigma
04-10-2007, 23:55
it happens with any counrty I play in those 2 campaigns, the thing that confuses me is that Age of Exploration works perfectly fine, yet Religious Turmoil and the Sun kings Ambition crash after about 3 or 4 turns, its confusing...

cegorach
04-11-2007, 14:24
My answer is - I have no idea what can cause such thing...

I would say that it is rather the first campaign which can cause more problems, but 2nd and 3rd...

Re-install - maybe something went wrong with installing the PMTW 1.5. or the patch...:inquisitive:

Honestly something like this happens for the first time with this mod, so re-install and we will think if the CTDs still appear...

Sigma
04-12-2007, 00:22
ok I reinstalled the mod and played the 2 campaigns, Religious Turmoil I played as England, The Knights, Ireland, and Russia, the game started in 1572 crashes in 1574 I then played Sunking's ambition as the Knights, Russia, and the Ottomans the game started in 1648 and crashes in 1651... :inquisitive:

Sigma
04-12-2007, 01:25
I have found out the problem, and it is the patch, I re-installed the mod without installing the patch, and the game works fine on all 3, so now I ask how do you correctly install the patch, I installed it the same way as I did the mod by C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War, so I'm confused now :(

Sigma
04-16-2007, 03:36
I fixed the problem, ends up I had installed the multiplayer patch over top of the normal one. Sorry for the trouble

cegorach
04-16-2007, 09:22
Good it is solved , finally.

If you want to try the MP patch I suggest copying your MTW VI folder containing the patched PMTW and then installing the MP patch - another 100+ units and 4 factions to try out so it is not a bad idea.:book: