PDA

View Full Version : possible ideas for new total war games.

kingofterror
10-14-2001, 20:33
I suggest using the napoleonic period as a backdrop for any future total war games,involving cannon,cavalry,muskets and infantry squares.Another idea is the American civil war which would have the states substituting for provinces.I`d also like to see new games involving naval battles and far more economic and diplomatic aspects to engage us with.

I look forward to hearing your ideas.

king.

solypsist
10-14-2001, 22:47
yes as do we all
again
there are some great ones in the Crusaders Total War topic forum.
check in there

MIZILUS
10-14-2001, 23:51
I think any game with the depth of the old Koei titles like; Nobunagas Ambition or Romance of the Threee Kingdoms yet with the graphics and certainly the battles of stw. I do really like the idea of naval combat/ modern warfare. I always thought a game of modern warfare small unit tactics would be real cool as well. Say, vietnam era LRRP's or marine recon...just a thought.

Zone
10-15-2001, 01:31
I like the idea of sea battles with small nippy boats like light cavalry and large boats slow like the naginata but with good armour. The only trouble with this is that all the battles would be on level 'terrain' and I think it would quickly lose it's appeal. So possibly not as a seperate game but more as an extra feature in another game.

------------------
Fight first, ask questions later.

Papewaio
10-15-2001, 15:15
With sailing boats its not truly level terrain the wind actually provides a gradient to the field. And wind isn't totally one way either its channeled and whirls constantly, and islands cause all sorts of interesting things to happen.

For instance when sailing around islands you have to be careful with the wind goes over the island then straight down onto your ship and it will literally snap your mast in half or cause the ship to roll.

Add reefs (which only the defenders know about unless the attacker has done some serious recon) and you have an interesting naval situation.

------------------
Victory first, Battle last.

Catiline
10-15-2001, 16:47
For wantr of somewhere better htis belongs in Crusaders I think. Go there to read it.

------------------
Oderint dum metuant

A Nerd
11-04-2001, 11:34
Age of Sail II is a good naval warfare game...but I think it's boring...There is a RPG game based on Vietnam Era Green Berets...but I haven't played it....supposedly based on Myth...but not sure...

clink
11-04-2001, 13:53
ROMANS..ROMANS..ROMANS..
Lord of the Rings...maybe? or something simular,Getting Jags attention?

SlackerXS
11-04-2001, 14:24
Need more women in the game! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

hehe... Geisha is cool... but I thought I can make her do something in that pointless throne room... http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
SlackER ~ Extreme