PDA

View Full Version : Need help from the Role Players

NeoSpartan
04-08-2007, 07:30
Ok guys here the set up...

I am trying to fight a semi-historical-roleplaying campain with the Gauls. That is I want to send hordes of Gauls all the way to Galatia like they did, after 220BC. Later I would "avenge the Galatians" and sack the Seleucid Capitol. IF i like how it is going I would sack every capitol of each major faction (exept my allies) and teach them to FEAR GAUL! :viking: :thrasher: (Hell_March from C&C Red Alert playing)

Now, here my problem...
-Its 242BC
-I own all of Gaul, Italy (sacked rome 2X), parts of north Iberia, the Alps, and a few provinces extending close to the Balkans.
-Epiros decided to betray me (we were allies) and attack me, so I sacked one of thier major cities.
-Now, Epiros is at war with the Getai which is a statalemate, and recently Epiros started to send a few troops into my territory.
-The Getai don't want to allie and neither to KH (we used to be at war, now we have a ceasefire).
-Carthege though it was a good idea to start beef with me now. And Lusotana (sp) doesn't want to allie either.

I am at war on 2 fronts. I am risking war with Iberia (soon our settlements will borther eachother). And having fought Carthege in .74, I know they will keep sending armies with ships and block my ports, and me as a nickle-&-dime Gaul can't afford the HUGE navy I would need to destroy thier fleet (Gauls have a s**ty navy).

---Now what should I do?
---I want to build up HUGE ecomony but right now I am only making 9K per turn.
---I have 3 big armies, one bordering Epiros, one growing in Sicilly to beat Carthege, and army in Iberia moving towards Carthege there.
---I want to STOP being annoyed by Epiros, and I don't mind having an army to deter them. HOWEVER, I don't want to have several armies to deter Carthege in Iberia and along my coast in South France and Italy. Its too much $$ and I am broke B***!
---I am currently considering beating the introding Epirotes and sending a raiding party a-la-Viking to sack another of thier major cities. However, I am afraid this may weaking Epeiros too much to fend of the Getai, but I am not sure.
---I am also considering (1)taking ALL of Sicilly (good $ there) and not worry about Catherge there directly. (2) Sending an army to South Iberia and sack ALL 3 of Carthege cities there, (3) Send that + another army to North Africa and sack all Major cities there, (4) take over the islands in the Mediterranian belonging to Carthege (good $ there too). (5) And maybe take over Iberia since war will come soon with them anyways.

What do you guys sugest????? And also, how do u guys manage to limit ur expansion while being at war with several nations AND not kill them????

Tips appreciated...
I am trying to adjust to the EB role-play style, and placing limits on my tactics and expansion. But is hard since I used to play VH/VH no holds bar, exploit the AI's lack of tactical knowledge, Rush'em-&-Kill'em quickly.

Orb
04-08-2007, 17:39
If you want the economy upped, go carefully into Iberia for the mines. Be warned, the central rebels bite, but the major mines will probably be in the Carthaginian cities, and there are some weak garrisons along the coast.

Wolfman
04-10-2007, 01:15
I would take those three carthaginian settlements to the south and also take sicily. Because Iberia and Sicily are such rich places it would help fund your campaigns.

NeoSpartan
04-10-2007, 02:40
will do.. but I think this will spark war with Lusonana (sp)...

but u know what, if they start trouble..... F*** 'EM!!!