PDA

View Full Version : Medieval: Totalwar - Product Info - Concept Art & Screens

Fatboy
11-28-2001, 15:52
More detailed information on Medieval can be found on www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=1363 (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=1363) Check it out!

What's with this flood of new info? Did the marketing boys finally get back from lunch?

Catiline
11-28-2001, 17:08
I'm still waiting for the thumbs on the last one to load. Rathe better htan the last shots i saw

------------------
Oderint dum metuant

Fatboy
11-28-2001, 20:57
But wait there's more!
Check out our Russian friends for more very impressive Medieval artwork - www.freelancer.ag.ru/games/crusader_total/screens_eng.shtml (http://www.freelancer.ag.ru/games/crusader_total/screens_eng.shtml)

Anssi Hakkinen
11-28-2001, 21:21
Medieval concept art - why not. It may not end up in the game, but it still looks good.

solypsist
11-29-2001, 03:16
wow those russians are always ahead of the total war curve. first the mongol screenshots waaay head of usual release, and now these.

Hirosito
11-29-2001, 03:18
QUOTE from fatboy's article:
"...with battlefields able to be strategically chosen by attacking a region across different borders"

this is easily one of the best news so far i can remember how i surrounded the last enemy river province and was always frustrated to be on the wrong side of the river

i've always said if they can pull these kind of little gems off whilst improving the game superficially this game will be big

------------------
Hirosito Mori

Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Ii Naomasa
11-29-2001, 03:59
I just hope that most of the features listed will make their way into the final game and not be ostracized like Father Visitor.

Sieges and all sound great (they do, don't get me wrong), but the part I'm most interested in is the emphasis on characters. It's one of the things that makes games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms and the Nobunaga's Ambition games so much more deep. Having leaders who have skills and vices appeals to me....it almost makes me want them to get around to doing a Shogun II down the road sometime when they've rounded out the gameplay so well.

CD/DT seems to have a very strong grasp on the history and legends of the period and hopefully that'll be evident in their final work.

KumaRatta Yamamoto
11-29-2001, 06:51
Once again thanks Fatboy!!!

This one is a "take your time do it right" kind of game. I hope they do get the time to implement it all...

Hirosito
11-29-2001, 23:07
that might be exactly why they switched distributer

------------------
Hirosito Mori

Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.