PDA

View Full Version : Has this been posted linked to before...

Catiline
12-02-2001, 23:58
I'm sure it must have been but on the ohter hand I've never read it

From the CA website

CA Latest news.
Creative Assembly Latest News: 5th November 2001.

As many of you know, work has started on the next edition to the Total War series. the working title was Crusader Total War. This has now changed, here's a few words from Michael de Plater to explain why:

We made the decision to change the name to Medieval: Total War because we want a title which captures the epic scope of the game. When people hear the word Crusader their first impression is that the game must be specifically about the wars in the Holy Land between the 11th and 13th Century. However the Crusades are only a small part of Medieval: Total War. The game actually covers the entire Medieval world from the 11th to the 15th Century. That's 400 years of brutal conflict that includes loads of fascinating characters, nations and events that had little or nothing to do with the Crusades; from warriors such as William Wallace (Braveheart), Joan of Arc, The Black Prince and Kublai Khan to characters like Robin Hood and Marco Polo. Players will be able to fight the Hundred Years War between England and France, to defend Europe against the Mongol Hordes, to lead the Teutonic Knights into battle against Russia and to build mighty castles throughout Europe. Also, the narrow perception of the word Crusader has obviously been strongly reinforced since the terrible tragedy in New York, and to be honest we don't want the game being associated with any of the recent events. Also, we felt that the title Crusader: Total War specifically implied that the player takes the role of a Crusader in the game, which again is only part of the big picture. Players can lead Crusades but they can also take the other side and fight against them, playing as Byzantine Emperors, Turkish Sultans or the Great Khan of the Mongols. At the end of the day the thing which finally determined the decision is that Medieval: Total War really communicates what the game is about, the word Medieval has associations of honour & chivalry combined with brutality & hardship which perfectly reflect the style and tone which we are trying to achieve in the game. Medieval: Total War will offer exactly what it says on the box.

------------------
Oderint dum metuant

Shiro
12-03-2001, 03:13
Yeah we've all read it.

http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif

KumaRatta Yamamoto
12-03-2001, 04:49
But it's OK Cat better safe than sorry http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif(If anyone has something he/she is not sure has been posted before or not, Don't hesitate post IT!!!!!).

The scope of the game is way bigger than just crusades. I wonder if when talking about the Mongols and Russia, if they are only talking about historical campaigns included in the game ? Will the Mongols and Russia be playable factions in the open ended SP part of the game?

Catiline
12-03-2001, 06:15
I hadn't, so you're wrong Shiro http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif