PDA

View Full Version : Map too small?

Funkybax
11-29-2001, 02:02
England is only three zones, Palestine 3, France and Germany seem to have no more than 8.
Don't you think the map is too small against the feudal Japan? What do you think about it?

Chaguhun Khan
11-29-2001, 02:32
I personally agree. Too little land for the Mongs to conquer. Give us more land! PLEASE!

------------------
Official Mongol Cavalry-lover and lunitic (however you spell that)

"When someone annoys you, it takes over forty muscles to frown, but only four to slap the loser upside the head."

Vanya
11-29-2001, 02:38
It should at least stretch beyond Mesopotamia... And it would be nice if the knights could march into Persepolis and venture into Bactria...

Obake
11-29-2001, 02:53
I'm not all that worried. In looking through the screen shots again I think there is going to be more than enough territory to conquer.

England proper is actually 4 territories plus Scotland and Ireland. France looks to be about 8 or so and so on. Altogether I could make out about 47 distinct territories and there were significant portions of the map that weren't depicted in any of the screen shots, north of the Black Sea for instance, or the Northern shore of Africa extending west from Egypt to Gibralter (where I would expect about a dozen more in each area based on the size of the other provinces).

I'm guessing that we'll be seeing a few more territories than there are in Shogun. The sheer variety in terrain features let alone the ability to vary the battlefield based on where you are assaulting from should make for more than enough variety to satisfy even the most bloodthirsty among us.

------------------
Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Whitey
11-29-2001, 05:22
and anyway - I personally doubt this is the finalised map...I'd wait for map changes in the future - the Dev team will be wanting to make as many provinces as possible I think - the maps look really good anyway,

*waiting with baited breath*

------------------
"Mon centre cède du terrain, ma droite se replie. Situation excellente. J'attaque!"
- Foch

KumaRatta Yamamoto
11-29-2001, 06:54
I agree with Obake, i do not think that we saw the whole map in the pics.

Whitey
11-29-2001, 18:40
although - I'm used to the Europa Universalis map of Europe...no chance of that many provinces http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/frown.gif

theforce
11-29-2001, 22:42
Well l shall be playing as the Byzantins!(if spelled correctly). They were the empire with the most enemies. I was doing history about this for 2 years and it was under constant attack from the Arabs, Crusaders(while going to Holly Lands) and eventually Turks. I would like to see how the designers of the game manage to capture the atmosphere of the game guys. What do you think?

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

Vanya
11-29-2001, 23:07
Quote Originally posted by theforce:
Well l shall be playing as the Byzantins!(if spelled correctly). They were the empire with the most enemies. I was doing history about this for 2 years and it was under constant attack from the Arabs, Crusaders(while going to Holly Lands) and eventually Turks. I would like to see how the designers of the game manage to capture the atmosphere of the game guys. What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

Yes. And without Mesopotamia, the Turks will be a mere sideshow. Where do you think they drew their manpower from?

Hirosito
11-29-2001, 23:15
on the issue of maps....on the mini-map there white dots any ideas what they represent

------------------
Hirosito Mori

Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Bohemond
11-30-2001, 03:54
Quote Originally posted by Hirosito:
on the issue of maps....on the mini-map there white dots any ideas what they represent

[/QUOTE]

Ports?!? The dots are always near the coast.

theforce
11-30-2001, 19:21
Well the Turks as you have said were named something else at that time. (Óåëôæïýêïé) in Greek. Anyway the Turks army depended much on the amount of the army. The were taking heavy looses in sieges most of the time against the Byzantins and they finally managed to get the city in 1453 thanks to a very heavy cannon. Anyway we shall see. Cyprus will be the most wanted province(island where l live). Everybody liked the island for it'c copper and wood and the strategic significance of it!

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://lod.nipogames.com/default.html

Hirosito
12-01-2001, 19:56
bohemond good guess you might be right however some of them are not even in explored territory. maybe they think it is well known where ports are.

------------------
Hirosito Mori

Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Vanya
12-06-2001, 03:58
Capitals perhaps?

Sir Kuma of The Org
12-06-2001, 05:38
Originally posted by Hirosito http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/redface.gifn the issue of maps....on the mini-map there white dots any ideas what they represent

Trade routs maybe? I read that theyre will be land trade routs and sea trade also.

Target
12-06-2001, 06:14
Actually, the white dots are caused by a dodgy floodfill that I performed on a temporary graphic shortly after I had clumsily reduced in size. Seeing as the game is still a few months off, I assumed that I would have plenty of time to fix it, but I didn't expect the marketting machine to get up to speed quite so quickly and take snapshots of all my bugs and then post them across the web.

Oh, and at last count there are around 130 regions in Medieval. But, of course, this is still subject to change http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Quote MagyarKhans Cham:
i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up.[/QUOTE]