PDA

View Full Version : \'Wild Bill\" de Montauban wins match for France!

Nelson
12-07-2001, 08:31
On March27, 1351, a formal combat on foot was arranged between marshal Robert de Beaumanior and 30 Frenchmen on one side against Sir Richard Bamborough with 30 Englishmen (well OK, 20 Englishmen and 10 German and Breton mercs).

After duking it out for a while and killing 4 French and 2 English, the teams had an intermission for refreshments. When the bell rang for round 2, a French knight, Guillaume de Montauban, crept off and unsportingly mounted his charger, upon which he barrelled in to the tight English formation knocking 7 men down! The French foot leaped at this confused opportunity and killed 9 more of Bamborough's men, forcing the rest to surrender.

L'audace!

Catiline
12-07-2001, 08:36
Cheating Scum...

------------------
Oderint dum metuant

[This message has been edited by Catiline (edited 12-07-2001).]

Shiro
12-07-2001, 09:00
Ban his CD key!

Grim
12-07-2001, 12:47
Quote L'audace! [/QUOTE]

...toujours l'audace!

Vive la France!!!

Altough I'm sure there is more than one occasion that it was the other way around. Those knights got whupped quite badly because of their own arrogance.

------------------
"Je vous repondrai par la bouche de mes canons"
-Frontenac
(I will answer you with the blast of my canons)
-Trad. libre

Khan7
12-07-2001, 13:26
Yes, pretty much.

Common dialogue within a company of cataphracted Knights [in shining armor, whupdedoo]--

Knight #1- Look there! There they are! Let's get them!

Knight #2- Umm.. that might not be such a great idea. They have really long spears and there are about 5,000 of them.

Knight #1- COWARD!

Knight #2- No one calls me a coward!! GIIAAAAHHH!!!!!! *charges pell-mell at the enemy*

*is skewered*

Knight #3- Dammit, he's not going to get all the glory! GRRAAAAAAHH!!! *charges*

Knight #4- Let's go! HUAH!! *charges*

All Knights together- GIIIIIIAAAAHH!!!!!!! WOOHOO!! SICKEM!!! *all charge*

Anyway, we all know how this one ends http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Matt

Grim
12-07-2001, 15:03
Khan7, permit me please...

Knight#1: look zhere!, zhere dey are, lets gettem!!!
Knight#2: Euuuhhh, zhat might not be sutch a good idée Jacques, zhey ave long pieux and zhere are 50 000 of zem (they always exaggerate).
Knight#1 POLTRON, PLEUTRE, PALTOQUET, GRINGALET, SALTIMBANQUE...(they always exaggerate).
Knight#2 No wan call MOI un Poltron... TOUS AVEC MOI, CHARGEEEEEEZZZZ *charges pêle-mêle at the ennemy...is skewered*
Knight#3 Merde, he iz not going to get all the gloire, POUR LA PATRIEEEEEEE!!! *charges*
Knight#4 Letz go!!! POUR LA PUCEEELLLLLEEE!! *charges*
etc.

------------------
"Je vous repondrai par la bouche de mes canons"
-Frontenac
(I will answer you with the blast of my canons)
-Trad. libre