PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Age Mod

western
04-12-2007, 20:24
Don't know how many people have spotted that there's a new Mod available, sort of offspring of XL and HTW but with a lot of new work too and a feel that is all its own. It's not that often that we get a new toy like this, but it's a bit hidden away in the spin-off thread of the old HTW hosted Mod area, so I thought I'd plant this signpost. I've had no part in making it, but I'd recommend it to those who like XL, who fancy a different time period, or who want to contribute to shaping something when most of the big Mods, like XL, BKB, NTW or Reconquista are no longer open for change.

The beta that's just out is very playable, but only has the 1275 BC set-up at present. I think Macsen Rufus has plans for other eras at 1200 and 980 (with end-date at 700), as well as tweaking the beta in light of feedback. The beauty of the whole period to me is good mix of units and real change over time (as cavalry replaces chariots and iron replaces bronze), lots going on historically, and in particular migrations of people across the map which makes the kind of conquest scenarios you see in MTW actually much more realistic than at later dates.

Just thought I'd flag this up because it looks a bit of a peach to me and it isn't somewhere where you would just stumble across it.